Who here tells the truth about the income they make? :P

54 replies
I see these all over peoples signature links, claiming to make a six-figure income just from a little online ebook they bought. I do know most of these are scams, and I do know nearly all of them don't earn as much as they say they will, but who here actually tells the truth when they want a product sold? It's hard to find webmasters that will speak the truth, because exaggerating makes people more interested and excited.

I make like $50/month online. That's all, no lie. I just do a couple freelance designs here and there, and my blog is non-profit, no ads, so I'm not complaining. I just do it for enjoyment, and because I have a passion for design.

Well, I guess a more important question would be, what ARE some ebooks, sites, ect. that actually tell you what you're getting instead of saying you'll make a million dollars in an hour? I usually stay far away from offers that claim to make tons of money with no work at all, because it just doesn't happen like that. I would be interested, however, if there was a program out there that actually does earn money, and I don't mind doing a little dirty work to get it started.
#income #make #tells #truth
  • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
    You have to lie to get where you want to get.

    If you have 2 eBooks sitting in front of you and one says:

    "You will make $1,000 a week with my program"

    And the other says:

    "Okay, I'm not going to lie, you are only going to make $50 a week with my program"

    Which one are you going to pick up?

    People don't get all emotional and sensitive when buying stuff..

    They won't say, "Aww well at least he is telling the truth!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723053].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brad Callen
      Originally Posted by korypearman View Post

      You have to lie to get where you want to get.
      Man, that's sad. You don't have to lie to get where you want to get. In the IM niche, you'd be especially surprised how most tend to completely write off the outrageous claims and the $50/week program sounds much more attainable for a newbie. That's actually a technique many marketers are using as of late. (i.e. creating a product that claims a realistic goal of something like $200 a week, instead of saying "make $30k in a day")

      Brad
      Signature
      iWriter.com - The Original Content Creation Service. Now with over 350,000 active writers. Let us write or re-write your articles, eBooks, blog posts and more... for as little as $1.25! 3,711,814 articles written to date!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723225].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author .silent
      Originally Posted by korypearman View Post

      You have to lie to get where you want to get.

      If you have 2 eBooks sitting in front of you and one says:

      "You will make $1,000 a week with my program"

      And the other says:

      "Okay, I'm not going to lie, you are only going to make $50 a week with my program"

      Which one are you going to pick up?

      People don't get all emotional and sensitive when buying stuff..

      They won't say, "Aww well at least he is telling the truth!"
      Honestly, I'd pick the $50/week one, because it doesn't sound too good to be true. I guess if marketers told the truth, they would get a few more sales from people like me. But then again $1000/week sounds reasonable too. I know someone who makes that in the logging industry, which is harder than internet marketing.

      But nonetheless, good points everybody. I like the idea of not telling, making it a mystery. That would get more people interested for sure!
      Signature
      Design Inspiration at it's finest. Get inspiration on your next project, or just get some real eye candy!
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      PM me for $15 PSD designs (normally $50), only 5 spots available and the price goes up!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723391].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
        Originally Posted by .silent View Post

        Honestly, I'd pick the $50/week one, because it doesn't sound too good to be true. I guess if marketers told the truth, they would get a few more sales from people like me. But then again $1000/week sounds reasonable too. I know someone who makes that in the logging industry, which is harder than internet marketing.

        But nonetheless, good points everybody. I like the idea of not telling, making it a mystery. That would get more people interested for sure!
        You just lied! Why would you pick the $50 a week one? Are you happy with $50 a week? That all you want to make? You'd pick the $1k/week one. It isn't out 'of the blue' money, you don't know if it is a scam or not but you are going to take your chance because $50 a week isn't worth it!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723552].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author .silent
          Well, I only make about $50/month as it is, but I'm no newbie to the internet marketing and I actually would be happy with $50/month. It's $50 I didn't have before! I'm really not a greedy person, which is why I would choose that. I'm not like everybody else ya know.
          Signature
          Design Inspiration at it's finest. Get inspiration on your next project, or just get some real eye candy!
          -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
          PM me for $15 PSD designs (normally $50), only 5 spots available and the price goes up!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723616].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
            Originally Posted by .silent View Post

            Well, I only make about $50/month as it is, but I'm no newbie to the internet marketing and I actually would be happy with $50/month. It's $50 I didn't have before! I'm really not a greedy person, which is why I would choose that. I'm not like everybody else ya know.
            That's the problem here, he's judging everyone according to his own experience. We are not all the same.
            Signature

            Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723633].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
            Originally Posted by .silent View Post

            I do know most of these are scams
            Here on the WF? Who is lying? Please do show me so I can investigate.

            Originally Posted by korypearman View Post

            You have to lie to get where you want to get.
            No, you don't.

            Originally Posted by Jeremy Kelsall View Post

            I tell the truth....because I don't tell
            You, I might believe...

            Originally Posted by korypearman View Post

            Let me break down what I said into a much clearer statement so you guys can understand what I mean.

            I'm not saying you have to lie to get where you want, as in; "I MAKE 1 MILLION A MONTH, FOLLOW MY LEAD". Cause that's flat out over the top.

            I mean you have to lie to a certain extent.
            No, again, you don't.

            Originally Posted by Trixxie12 View Post

            i speak the truth, only because i dont want to get sued.
            That's why people put disclaimers on their sites. Anyone can get sued for just even waking up one day.

            Originally Posted by .silent View Post

            Well, I only make about $50/month as it is, but I'm no newbie to the internet marketing and I actually would be happy with $50/month. It's $50 I didn't have before! I'm really not a greedy person, which is why I would choose that. I'm not like everybody else ya know.
            What do you mean like everybody else? Isn't that a bit general? I know a lot of people who would be happy with an extra 50 bucks a month and are not looking to scam anyone nor are they greedy. Everyone else?

            For the record - I do not make any claims of what I make.
            Signature

            "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723663].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MeTellYou
      I don't agree with you man. You lie and you'll be cought. When you're cought -- that's the end to your business.
      Sebastian

      Originally Posted by korypearman View Post

      You have to lie to get where you want to get.

      If you have 2 eBooks sitting in front of you and one says:

      "You will make $1,000 a week with my program"

      And the other says:

      "Okay, I'm not going to lie, you are only going to make $50 a week with my program"

      Which one are you going to pick up?

      People don't get all emotional and sensitive when buying stuff..

      They won't say, "Aww well at least he is telling the truth!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vansterdam
    Most of the programs that make these exaggerated claims do work, but they usually require plenty of work and/or investment. It just depends if the money is worthwhile for the work involved. Usually they don't tell you the whole story. They may be relying on other secret techniques to be successful. To find a really good program, you need to find other people who have had success with it. Even then you wouldn't know if those are real customers or the people marketing the program. This is whyI just avoid any of these get-rich-quick schemes. Almost all of them are too good to be true.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723058].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723061].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
      Originally Posted by Jeremy Kelsall View Post

      I tell the truth....because I don't tell
      EXACTLY - I don't really talk about how much I make either.

      I share proof of past earnings when needed, but I don't walk around
      and openly blurt numbers out.

      "I never do things just to do them" - Rick James

      However, I have made several videos of different commission
      checks I received and posted them to my youtube channel
      so I can get people in my coaching program.

      Not sure if that counts
      Signature

      "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

      Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723448].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mdunn123
      Originally Posted by Jeremy Kelsall View Post

      I tell the truth....because I don't tell
      Totally agree!

      I will every now again drop hints on a portion of my earnings but only for example reasons...actually only during this whole clickbank "scare" thing. But otherwise I keep my mouth shut. I'm not in IM and I don't have to go blabbing about how much I make to make myself feel better...that is of course feel better because I'm rich and I like to flaunt, or because I'm poor and am insecure...you decide hehe
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724070].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kim Standerline
      Same here

      I can never understand why people want to brag about how much money they make.

      Knowing my luck, the local tax man will be reading and I'm already busy getting the UK out of the National Debt

      Kim

      Originally Posted by Jeremy Kelsall View Post

      I tell the truth....because I don't tell
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724178].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WinAtStickyBids
      Originally Posted by Jeremy Kelsall View Post

      I tell the truth....because I don't tell
      Except for the one you just told..haha

      Could not resist...that was an open door.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[725201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author locke
    I think Jeremy is right! Don't spill the beans, show people your sites and ventures and let them guess how much you're making (shrowd your offers in mystery and excitement... make them buy based on emotional impulse...)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723073].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brad Callen
      Originally Posted by locke View Post

      I think Jeremy is right! Don't spill the beans, show people your sites and ventures and let them guess how much you're making (shrowd your offers in mystery and excitement... make them buy based on emotional impulse...)
      And even better, cause them to want to buy based on OTHER user/customer's results, rather than the product owners. A demo video and then a list of 100 video testimonials showing proven results would EASILY out pull a long form sales letter with screenshots of the product owners billion dollar earnings.

      Brad
      Signature
      iWriter.com - The Original Content Creation Service. Now with over 350,000 active writers. Let us write or re-write your articles, eBooks, blog posts and more... for as little as $1.25! 3,711,814 articles written to date!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723229].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lost_coast
    Some marketers undoubtedly make as much money as they claim, but they typically don't go around shouting from the rooftops what their income is. Most people who give you a specific dollar amount are exaggerating or just doing it to get your attention...

    Looks like it worked.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bionictortoise
    You don't need to lie to sell online. Only lazy marketers lie. Maybe you won't rise as fast as someone who lies or exaggerates, but you will create trust.

    I'd rather create a steady increase of comfortable earnings and earn trust, than earn tons of money straight away, but have thousands of people think I'm dishonest.

    Most people aren't stupid. They can usually tell the BS from the truth. And some IMers have short memories and end up catching themselves out, by claiming one thing to their subscribers, then a few weeks later on a forum saying something completely contradictory.

    If you're after longevity and respect from ethical markers, be respectful and ethical yourself.

    As for products telling you the truth about what you will earn; there's no way this can be done because your earnings always depend on lots of variables:

    • How much time you put in
    • How much productive work you put in
    • What you know
    • Who you know
    • How presentable you are
    • How good your copy is
    • How much you pay attention to detail
    • How you do your market research, etc.

    The list could go on and on...

    Which is why internet marketers always have earnings disclaimers.
    Signature
    "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop" - Confucius
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mloveridge17
    i agree with bionictortoise... you don't have to lie to succeed online. people can usually tell whether something is bogus or not.

    every time you put an offer out there is an opportunity to build a relationship of trust with potential customers. it is that relationship that will pay off in the end. all you have to do is provide something of value in exchange for their $$. as long as you focus on that, you won't have to worry about the $$.
    Signature

    Read my blog on SEM: http://loveridgemarketing.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
    I think they hit it right on the read when they said

    "You don't need to lie to sell online. Only lazy marketers lie. Maybe you won't rise as fast as someone who lies or exaggerates, but you will create trust."

    Thats soooo true. You have to create trust. Simply put, these people I see flashing money around saying they made it in a week I DON'T BELIEVE

    People have to BELIEVE YOU...if they don't believe you they wont purchase from you..

    A lot of people make money in this industry but keep it on the down low...and don't flaunt it everywhere...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    I've earned my living online for over 10 years, and have never lied about my income. It isn't necessary to lie, and it isn't necessary to tell.

    I don't believe income claims anyone makes anyway because it's too easy to fake. One line of javascript and you can edit the tables at Clickbank and Paypal to take a screenshot showing anything you want. If you don't know how to do that, you can fake it with a graphics program.

    Even if the program owner took in 80k in one month, for example, he may have spent 79k to get that, or even lost money. Those income statements, even when their are real, don't account for expenditures. I skip right past any income claims, they are meaningless.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
    Let me break down what I said into a much clearer statement so you guys can understand what I mean.

    I'm not saying you have to lie to get where you want, as in; "I MAKE 1 MILLION A MONTH, FOLLOW MY LEAD". Cause that's flat out over the top.

    I mean you have to lie to a certain extent. We all lie. Your lie might be so small you don't even realize it. You might even convince yourself you are just 'exaggerating a bit' or trying to 'excite your crowd', but your still lying.

    I guess the way I said it in the first post did sound a little bad, so I'm sorry for that.

    If you look at the top products in the world, they all lie.

    For example, a weight loss plan. I'm not 100% sure what the top weight loss programs are but they lie in their advertisement.

    One program might say, "Join us and you will lose 20 pounds a month". That is a lie.

    It is possible to lose 20 pounds a month, but that doesn't mean you will. If a lady joins this program and loses 14 pounds her first month, do you think she is going to care about that other 6 pounds? Hell no.

    Just like earlier in this post, it IS possible to make $1million a month. So if a money making ebook says it wills how you how to generate $1million a month from IM, you can count that as lying if you don't start making $1million a month. But technically, you could use everything he taught you to generate that income.

    It's all about lying to an extent. You all do it, I do it.

    I don't mean lie and say, "I make X,XXX,XXX every month!" when you really make $1,000.

    Point out a product and I'll point out where they lie.

    I probably didn't word this post as clear as I would have liked too, hopefully I got my point across. I'm just tired and got home from school!

    P.S. I realize this post was about lying about your income, sorry I took it the other direction
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723528].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
      Originally Posted by korypearman View Post

      I mean you have to lie to a certain extent. We all lie. Your lie might be so small you don't even realize it.
      The very word "lie" denotes an intentional attempt to deceive. If you don't realize what you say or write is not the truth, then by definition it's not a lie since there was no intent to deceive.

      I don't lie about my products, you can get in serious trouble that way. Now, if my wife asks me if her butt looks big in some outfit, I'm not going to say "yes" if it does. I'll say something like, "It looks good to me." In that case it's prudent to shift the framework of the question to avoid lying while also avoiding getting the cold shoulder the rest of the day.
      Signature

      Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723613].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
        Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

        The very word "lie" denotes an intentional attempt to deceive. If you don't realize what you say or write is not the truth, then by definition it's not a lie since there was no intent to deceive.

        I don't lie about my products, you can get in serious trouble that way. Now, if my wife asks me if her butt looks big in some outfit, I'm not going to say "yes" if it does. I'll say something like, "It looks good to me." In that case it's prudent to shift the framework of the question to avoid lying while also avoiding getting the cold shoulder the rest of the day.
        Haha I like the way you put that.

        For example, I just looked at this ebay auction from a fellow Warrior(he has his thread up for you to check it out) He says he GUARANTEES a lot of sales.

        Now is that a lie or what?

        Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

        That's the problem here, he's judging everyone according to his own experience. We are not all the same.
        I'm not judging anyone...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723641].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
          Originally Posted by korypearman View Post

          Haha I like the way you put that.

          For example, I just looked at this ebay auction from a fellow Warrior(he has his thread up for you to check it out) He says he GUARANTEES a lot of sales.

          Now is that a lie or what?
          How can it be a lie when he hasn't had a chance to deliver on the promise? Since he's working one-on-one with the winner and doing 95 percent of the work himself, delivering what he promised is certainly possible.
          I'm not judging anyone...
          You must have a different definition of judging people than I do. To me, when you say the fellow warrior with the ebay auction is lying, you're judging him...without evidence I might add. Be careful about the hole you're digging here.
          Signature

          Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723685].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trixxie12
    i speak the truth, only because i dont want to get sued.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723581].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lucasmurray
      No one believes those get rich quick claims unless they are only out for easy money. Some people deserve to lose there money and hopes, but the real money selling the idea of wealthy.

      Money is a private matter to most people because class status is so important.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723642].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christie Love
    A little known secret is that you can sell a product without actually telling people how much you make. You can say things like...

    "This system has given me life-long success!"
    "You can make a fortune, just like I do, with this incredibly simple program!"
    "I now live the life of my dreams, and so can you!"

    Some people like to show proof of checks received, which helps add interest to the product or service you are selling.

    Each product is different. What's super easy for you to make money with, might be difficult for someone else to follow.

    I think it's all about perception and the amount of effort and focused attention you put into things.

    But, if you're happy making $50 a month, then great. You can choose to tell everyone or you can choose to keep it to yourself. For me, I choose to keep my salary to myself.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
    Obviously people don't agree, but all the millionaires lie.

    So people can cry and talk about loyalty all you want, it is how it is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723669].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      Originally Posted by korypearman View Post

      Obviously people don't agree, but all the millionaires lie.

      So people can cry and talk about loyalty all you want, it is how it is.
      Young, annoying and rich? I guess you are lying too.
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723697].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
        Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

        That's the problem here, he's judging everyone according to his own experience. We are not all the same.
        Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

        How can it be a lie when he hasn't had a chance to deliver on the promise? Since he's working one-on-one with the winner and doing 95 percent of the work himself, delivering what he promised is certainly possible.

        You must have a different definition of judging people than I do. To me, when you say the fellow warrior with the ebay auction is lying, you're judging him...without evidence I might add. Be careful about the hole you're digging here.
        I was ASKING you if you looked at that as a lie. Why don't you slow your roll, make sure you understand what you are reading before jumping to conclusions.

        And if you ask me, you CAN NOT guarantee results, I don't care who you are.

        Originally Posted by avenuegirl View Post

        Young, annoying and rich? I guess you are lying too.
        Technically, I'm rich. I'm young. I'm annoying. (Because I speak my mind, like in this thread, and most people hate it)

        But yes, I do lie.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723829].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author John_Reese
          I make 'around' $50/month.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723941].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
          I was ASKING you if you looked at that as a lie. Why don't you slow your roll, make sure you understand what you are reading before jumping to conclusions.

          And if you ask me, you CAN NOT guarantee results, I don't care who you are.
          Kory, after all your talk of lying, it was easy to assume your "question" was a rhetorical inference that the ebay seller was lying. If that was not your intent, my mistake, and I apologize.

          But...you just can't make these sweeping statements and expect not to be challenged. Not everyone lies. I'd guess there are more honest marketers than scammers, you just don't hear about them because they quietly go about their business.

          Are there scammers? Sure there are, and the noise around them grows loud when they're caught, and that noise drowns out the quiet, honest successes.

          Look, all I was trying to do, I think all most of us were trying to do, was show you that you don't have to lie to be successful. If you choose to lie, that's on you, but it can't be justified by saying everyone lies.
          Signature

          Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724045].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Thomas
        Originally Posted by avenuegirl View Post

        Young, annoying and rich? I guess you are lying too.
        He's probably an old, poor, but somewhat pleasant, fellow.

        And he doesn't like Hannah Montana... not really.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724190].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
          Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

          And he doesn't like Hannah Montana... not really.
          YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author esr
    Just as I was reading the OP, another earthquake hit us in S. CA. Anyone else near here? It was our second one tonight.

    Anyway, I am of the school that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. And, when a site that's selling a marketing product talks about all the money I'll make, it's a red flag.

    Use your common sense and you should be safe from scammers.
    Signature
    Free Report > > > > > "Backdoor Blog Promotion"
    Quickly increase your site traffic, and your profits, with this free top secret promotion tool. http://www.theblogbuilder.org
    "If you don't take effective action, you're robbing yourself of the life you really want."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kodak
    First of all I would like to congratulate silent for this thread. I totally agree with you. most of them claim that they have been making 6/7 figure a month even if they didn't, simply to get attention of people like us. I do agree that to run a successful business it is necessary to lie sometimes especially in sales letters. I purchased around 86 ebooks from net when I started my online career. To be frank, 80 of them were worthless, far away from the truth. I forced to buy it because their sales letters were simply superb. But the point is, whenever people get cheated like this they will neither buy anything from them nor listen to them. My simple advise to them is don't loose your ethics for some pennies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723782].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jaeburnham
      No doubt that there are scammers and one has to be alert, but I think we are being a little negative by already assuming that one is lying just because he/she claims that are making a lot of money.

      WE can neither prove or disprove their claims. And truthfully, who cares.

      The truth is is you get out of something that you put something into. I might buy a product from someone that claims great success and fall on my face, and you may buy the same product achieve success. I could do what many would do and claim that the seller of the product was a scam, but was it really or was it that I was either too lazy, too stupid or too ignorant in using the product.

      So before one claims that everything is junk or a scam. look at yourself first and really analyze the situation. Maybe, just maybe, it didn't work because you did something wrong...or you could just blame the other guy because it so much easier to blame someone else than yourself.

      Jae
      Signature

      I am professional mover in Lansing , Michigan. I use only social media and internet marketing techniques to promote my company.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeanIM
    When I tell you I make a 7 figure income monthly, it's because there is a 7 in that 73.24 dollar check lol. j/k but yeh you're onto something

    There are a lot of BSers out there...

    There are some big names that are for real, and there are some people on this and other forums that 'fudge' a bit.

    Takes a while to figure out who's real and who's not.
    Signature
    Sean Mitchell -
    Online Marketing & Tech Consultant Since 1999
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[723959].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author .silent
      Originally Posted by avenuegirl View Post

      Here on the WF? Who is lying? Please do show me so I can investigate.
      It's everywhere. Look at forum signatures. Chances are, if it says they make a six-seven figure income, with an affiliate link in it, it's not true. Especially if they tell you it's sooooooo easy. It's on DP, WebTalkForums, v7n, and yes, even here, I got the idea of this thread from somebodies signature link here at WF.

      Originally Posted by avenuegirl View Post

      What do you mean like everybody else? Isn't that a bit general? I know a lot of people who would be happy with an extra 50 bucks a month and are not looking to scam anyone nor are they greedy. Everyone else?

      For the record - I do not make any claims of what I make.
      Well, I was speaking to the person saying that I would jump all over an ebook that claims I'll make $1000/week over one that makes $50/week. $50/week sounds more 'normal' to start out. Maybe if I use the $50/week program, I'll end up with $1000/week in a couple years.
      Signature
      Design Inspiration at it's finest. Get inspiration on your next project, or just get some real eye candy!
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      PM me for $15 PSD designs (normally $50), only 5 spots available and the price goes up!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
    Seems to me everyone in this thread is lost on what it takes to be a millionaire.

    Oh what's that? You don't want to be rich? You want to make friends and be an internet favorite?

    Oh well you are in the wrong business.

    P.S. Dennis, the ones who don't lie aren't rich. And again, I don't mean lie to a maximum where it is ridiculous. Just misleading and little lies is what you need.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724051].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author .silent
      Originally Posted by korypearman View Post

      Seems to me everyone in this thread is lost on what it takes to be a millionaire.

      Oh what's that? You don't want to be rich? You want to make friends and be an internet favorite?

      Oh well you are in the wrong business.

      P.S. Dennis, the ones who don't lie aren't rich. And again, I don't mean lie to a maximum where it is ridiculous. Just misleading and little lies is what you need.
      You have to know that people have passions, and don't absolutely strive for tons and tons of money. I'm perfectly content with seeing how many unique visitors my site gets each day. I could really care less about making money online, that's not really hard to get for me in real life. It's just a fun thing to do to pass time when I have nothing else to do. What will I even spend all that extra money on? Nothing, so why don't I leave it to people who need it more than I do? I'm just a generous person I guess. And no, I really don't want to be rich. I just want enough money to buy a bag of weed daily, and pay for the internet, and food/drinks of course. That's all I need!
      Signature
      Design Inspiration at it's finest. Get inspiration on your next project, or just get some real eye candy!
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      PM me for $15 PSD designs (normally $50), only 5 spots available and the price goes up!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724067].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
        Originally Posted by .silent View Post

        You have to know that people have passions, and don't absolutely strive for tons and tons of money. I'm perfectly content with seeing how many unique visitors my site gets each day. I could really care less about making money online, that's not really hard to get for me in real life. It's just a fun thing to do to pass time when I have nothing else to do. What will I even spend all that extra money on? Nothing, so why don't I leave it to people who need it more than I do? I'm just a generous person I guess. And no, I really don't want to be rich. I just want enough money to buy a bag of weed daily, and pay for the internet, and food/drinks of course. That's all I need!
        That is the problem, you are not understanding what I'm saying.

        You clearly stated IM is not your main focus, not your full time job, so you are not part of the group I'm referring too.

        If you are truly in IM to make money and get rich(if you don't want to get rich, then exclude yourself from my list) then you do what works, no matter what it is.

        It is NOT wrong to be loyal and build relationships. You can do those things and still slip things in there that might be misleading or a little lie.

        Trying to get everyone on the same page here
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author .silent
    Ah, well that makes sense.

    I do find it a little greedy though, which most 'rich people' are, but as long as there are people that continue to fall for such stuff, the business will be alive, and the rich will still lie. Honestly though, I'm guessing in upwards of 50 years, the internet business will change dramatically and these lies won't exist anymore. I just think that people are going to start catching on if no one is making the promised amount of money, and no one will buy them anymore. But then again, that may not happen.
    Signature
    Design Inspiration at it's finest. Get inspiration on your next project, or just get some real eye candy!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    PM me for $15 PSD designs (normally $50), only 5 spots available and the price goes up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
    You guys keep referring to people lying about money. I know that is why you made the thread, but I'm referring to businesses 'niche wide'. Not just those 'make money online' ebooks.

    Edit: Like when people say - "Only 27 copies left!!" You going to hate them forever?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author .silent
    Oh, I see, thanks for clearing that up.
    Yeah, I guess it's not so bad as long as you're not saying 'YOU WILL EARN A SIX FIGURE INCOME IN A MONTH."
    Signature
    Design Inspiration at it's finest. Get inspiration on your next project, or just get some real eye candy!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    PM me for $15 PSD designs (normally $50), only 5 spots available and the price goes up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724176].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kory Pearman
      Originally Posted by .silent View Post

      Oh, I see, thanks for clearing that up.
      Yeah, I guess it's not so bad as long as you're not saying 'YOU WILL EARN A SIX FIGURE INCOME IN A MONTH."
      Yeah I wasn't necessarily pointing at those types of lies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Igor Kheifets
    I believe that a lot of those are infact
    true, but how many times did you buy
    a program and followed up on it 100%?

    REaly? how many times you actually did
    what the book told you to do?

    ~Igor
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Reid
    Most IM products that make income claims like that will work if you apply them. Obviously some are total BS, but a lot of them do work. It's that people need to apply them and take action that mean that they don't work.

    As for lying about income claims, why would you? You'll only get caught and if you lose your reputation then it'll be basically impossible to continue doing business.
    Signature

    - Paul Reid

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[724727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raydal
    "Who here tells the truth about the income they make?"

    An interesting question by a user name 'silent'

    -Ray Edwards
    Signature
    The most powerful and concentrated copywriting training online today bar none! Autoresponder Writing Email SECRETS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[725263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author livingwell
    I don't lie about how much I earn online.. which wasn't much. But yesterday I bought a product that has sent my adsense earnings through the roof. Might be too early to guess what my monthly income will be now but it's looking pretty good so far.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[725275].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Raydal
      Originally Posted by livingwell View Post

      I don't lie about how much I earn online.. which wasn't much. But yesterday I bought a product that has sent my adsense earnings through the roof. Might be too early to guess what my monthly income will be now but it's looking pretty good so far.
      WOW! Your adsense went through the roof within one day of
      buying this product? I agree, that would make it too early to
      tell your monthly income.

      -Ray Edwards
      Signature
      The most powerful and concentrated copywriting training online today bar none! Autoresponder Writing Email SECRETS
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[725622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tyrus Antas
    I disagree with the premise that lying will destroy your business. Some "big name" marketers have lied, have been caught and they're making more money than ever. Obviously I don't recommend you do it...

    Tyrus
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[725666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DanielFonda
    Originally Posted by .silent View Post

    I see these all over peoples signature links, claiming to make a six-figure income just from a little online ebook they bought. I do know most of these are scams, and I do know nearly all of them don't earn as much as they say they will, but who here actually tells the truth when they want a product sold? It's hard to find webmasters that will speak the truth, because exaggerating makes people more interested and excited.

    I make like $50/month online. That's all, no lie. I just do a couple freelance designs here and there, and my blog is non-profit, no ads, so I'm not complaining. I just do it for enjoyment, and because I have a passion for design.

    Well, I guess a more important question would be, what ARE some ebooks, sites, ect. that actually tell you what you're getting instead of saying you'll make a million dollars in an hour? I usually stay far away from offers that claim to make tons of money with no work at all, because it just doesn't happen like that. I would be interested, however, if there was a program out there that actually does earn money, and I don't mind doing a little dirty work to get it started.
    Well it's pretty obvious that not everyone is telling the truth. Even if they don't see the obvious. By lying on simple things, they lose credibility. I personally will never buy anything from a person I don't trust or at least doubt in my trust in that person.
    Signature
    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ml#post1157486 - Backlink building, article writing services (cheap)
    http://www.comedy-blog.net
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[726217].message }}

Trending Topics