Best way to invest 500$

14 replies
I just started my web-designing company
and I have saved up 500$ it took me some month's to get this money
so i want to spend this amount as good and as effective as possible.
I know your never 100% sure but I want to maximize my chances to succeed,
I dont have the interest to find out by my self what the best way is by trying and and testing different methods, because i don't want to waste my budget
because for me it has been very difficult to apply this amount to get together
and i know the best ( and free) to get new clients is to contact people in my area,
but i don't have the time for that, on daytime i have school, and overnight i work,

so i would like to know from experienced business people,
what the best way is to invest 500$

shall i spend it all on Google ad word, or all on Campian or both ? 50%/50%
or are there other methods/Technics please help me.

Thank
#500$ #invest
  • Profile picture of the author GuruGuna
    Originally Posted by Arclite View Post

    I just started my web-designing company
    and I have saved up 500$ it took me some month's to get this money
    so i want to spend this amount as good and as effective as possible.
    I know your never 100% sure but I want to maximize my chances to succeed,
    I dont have the interest to find out by my self what the best way is by trying and and testing different methods, because i don't want to waste my budget
    because for me it has been very difficult to apply this amount to get together
    and i know the best ( and free) to get new clients is to contact people in my area,
    but i don't have the time for that, on daytime i have school, and overnight i work,

    so i would like to know from experienced business people,
    what the best way is to invest 500$

    shall i spend it all on Google ad word, or all on Campian or both ? 50%/50%
    or are there other methods/Technics please help me.

    Thank
    What will you promote if you were to spend it on Google Adwords?

    Do you have a product or service to offer?

    If not, I would just keep that money in your pocket for the time being. I would keep it until you make your first $10 using free tools.

    I would suggest you build a list within your niche. If you are in the IM niche, go for it. Pick some affiliate products to promote. Build your system. Work hard to get some traffic there (not paying traffic but through forum,etc). If you feel the system is converting... and that you are making $. Then spend the $500 to bring in paid traffic either through solo-ad or Google Adwords. Even at that time, just be careful and make sure you have tested your methods.

    Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965413].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Arclite
      Originally Posted by GuruGuna View Post


      Do you have a product or service to offer?


      Good luck.
      Yes sir i have, make website's, logo's and i do SEO service ( i dont do the SEO by myself i know people that i can hire so i can have a small percentage off the full budget from the client) actually everything that has to do with creating website's
      Signature

      [URL="http://graphicstudios.nl//"] Photoshop, 3d animation, video-editing, web-design, creating scripted/automated bots, email scrape service, contact if you are interested [/URL]

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ronrule
    Pay off personal debt.

    It's too small of a budget to get any measurable metrics out of an advertising campaign, it will go too fast and you probably won't make it back right away. Your INCOME is your greatest tool to building wealth - and if your income is going out the door in the form of monthly payments, imagine how much more you would have every month if that wasn't the case. Use all of the extra money you make to pay off debt first, which will increase your available income by eliminating payments, and then use THAT extra cash to grow your business.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965421].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Arclite
      Originally Posted by ronrule View Post

      Pay off personal debt.

      It's too small of a budget to get any measurable metrics out of an advertising campaign, it will go too fast and you probably won't make it back right away. Your INCOME is your greatest tool to building wealth - and if your income is going out the door in the form of monthly payments, imagine how much more you would have every month if that wasn't the case. Use all of the extra money you make to pay off debt first, which will increase your available income by eliminating payments, and then use THAT extra cash to grow your business.
      thanks for your reply , i don't have any money debt's at the moment, and I saved up this budget specially for my company ( so i have a income from that so i don't have to work overnight anymore bcz i hate my job ) so I really want to spend the 500$ for my company
      Signature

      [URL="http://graphicstudios.nl//"] Photoshop, 3d animation, video-editing, web-design, creating scripted/automated bots, email scrape service, contact if you are interested [/URL]

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jachu2
    I recommend using Bing Ads for traffic generation and then move onto adwords once you are comfortable with that platform.
    You could also promote your service right here on the WF. Buy a signature picture, media buying on this site, or just advertise in Warriors For Hire.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965699].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaynjordan
    Yep, there is no phone number for clients to contact you and I would add more content to your site as well.

    On your About, it says contact us at the bottom, I would add your phone number on that page too.

    Although I would separate About and Services to two separate pages. Then once I get those few kinks set up, I would do an ad.
    Signature
    Are You Working In Your Passion?
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." - Albert Einstein
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author glooft
    I think you'd get better mileage from direct mail. If you are targeting a niche for your web business (and you should), then put together a direct mail piece and send out a few hundred. There are plenty of threads on here that can guide you on what direct mail system/designs that pull best. Go get 'em!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visimedia
    invest your $500 to traffic/ leads software. Scrape IDs then you have unlimited way to approach people to offer your service. =)
    Signature

    digital startup looking for partners in China, Taiwan, HK, Korea & Japan. PM me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tung Tran
    invest $20 to open a thread in Warrior For Hire and start from there...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965795].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Arclite
      Originally Posted by Tung Tran View Post

      invest $20 to open a thread in Warrior For Hire and start from there...
      I was also thinking about that, but as i see the threads on W.F.H. they have allot of designs ( don't know if they really belong to them) and i dont really have a portfolio, on my website i only show website examples, ( you can see on the drop down menu)
      what i was thinking is to hire some on on fiver for 5$ to create a nice advertisement ,, or would that be stupid ??
      Signature

      [URL="http://graphicstudios.nl//"] Photoshop, 3d animation, video-editing, web-design, creating scripted/automated bots, email scrape service, contact if you are interested [/URL]

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965832].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
        Originally Posted by Arclite View Post

        I was also thinking about that, but as i see the threads on W.F.H. they have allot of designs ( don't know if they really belong to them) and i dont really have a portfolio, on my website i only show website examples, ( you can see on the drop down menu)
        what i was thinking is to hire some on on fiver for 5$ to create a nice advertisement ,, or would that be stupid ??
        If you don't have a decent portfolio, your results will be the same either way.

        Build up your portfolio first and then think about spending the $500.

        It helps to be patient and not rush into things.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7966120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
    Well you need a portfolio first, obviously. Why am I going to let you build me a website if I can't see other websites you've built?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7966094].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nitesh
    Register a website for your web design company if you have not
    Do the SEO of your website so that your site can start getting searches from Google and other sources
    Boost your Alexa and try to get in at least 200K if 100K not possible
    Try advertising on other sources rather than adwords
    Signature

    Are you in need of Best Video Production Services? 2D and 3d Animation specializes in all types of Video Creation Services such as 2D and 3D Animated Explainer Videos, Typography Videos, Whiteboard Videos, and Instructional Videos.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7966131].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dlemon
    I would suggest NOT using Adwords right away as that $500 will go fast.

    1) Get some content ie: get some articles that you can put up on your Blog everyday.
    2) Make sure to get your articles submitted...you can outsource this cheap
    3) Hire someone to optimize your website for Onpage SEO...this too you can outsource for
    cheap.
    4) You can get affordable SEO packages that work pretty good...there are some advertised in the Warrior for hire section.

    You can do this all for $200 give or take.
    4)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7966258].message }}

Trending Topics