I started my list building journey 2 weeks ago but I actually bought a solo ad like 4 days ago.
I am not sure how the results have been due to the following facts:
1. I bought a solo ad which had a universe of 18000 subscribers
2. The cost of the ad was $110
2. The regular open rate is 10% - 15%
3. The Number of clicks around 600 - 1000.
4. My tracking was supposed to be in place but during the test it got unconfigured for technical reasons and probably my lack of experience setting up the system. (I used google experiments and it was a complete mess)
In the end I ended up with 162 subscribers on my new list, probably I'll get a couple of subscribers more. Than means that every subscriber cost around $0,7. I am not sure what to think since my tracking was a total failure and could not figure out which squeeze page was my best performer.
What I have concluded:
1. Although I thought I had learned how to do experiments properly using google I still don't understand what I did wrong and therefore I'll probably stick to prosper202 as tracking system.
2. For my next test I also need a huge universe in order to track properly my squeeze pages.
The questions I have:
Since in this venture I am a one-man show with a 9-5 job, what would you do...
1. Focus on the 162 subscribers I got at the moment since to be honest I have nothing to offer them yet as an email series or something?
2. Try to grow my list and buy more solo ads?
At this point I am tempted to focus on the few subscribers I got and offer them a good series of emails and so on following good email marketing practices but still unsure to be honest.
What do you think?
Any opinions or idea would be greately appreciated.