Upgrading to War Room membership? PMs question?

22 replies
Hi,

Wondering if some Warriors could help me

If I upgrade to War Room membership can I send more than 5 PMs per hour and will the time limit be removed?


I have just launched a service here and need to be able to send more PMs but can't find this information anywhere?

Its very annoying that I have to wait 120 seconds between each one and can only send 5 per hour

Please help
#membership #pms #question #room #upgrading #war
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    If your plan is to advertise through PM's - better change the plan.

    Sending ads to other members using PM will get you in trouble here - and could get you banned. That system is not for advertising messages.

    However, if your goal is to answer pms from other members, etc - the limits you can send will increase but you still won't be able to slam out pm's one after another with no delay.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

    You should always be yourself...unless you can be a Unicorn. Then you should always be a Unicorn.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988466].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FitMarketer
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      If your plan is to advertise through PM's - better change the plan.

      Sending ads to other members using PM will get you in trouble here - and could get you banned. That system is not for advertising messages.

      However, if your goal is to answer pms from other members, etc - the limits you can send will increase but you still won't be able to slam out pm's one after another with no delay.
      Thank you for the advice.

      Do you know the limits? Is there still a limit per hour? Is the 120 second time reduced?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988537].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

        Is there still a limit per hour?
        I think only the 30 per hour caused by the forced 2-minute delay between messages. (I've never actually tried to send so many!).

        Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

        Is the 120 second time reduced?
        No.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988621].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author FitMarketer
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          I think only the 30 per hour caused by the forced 2-minute delay between messages. (I've never actually tried to send so many!).



          No.
          Thanks for answering this for me Alexa
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988628].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
            Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

            Not planning on spamming!

            Don't really appreciate all these people accusing me of spamming! I was asking a question lol
            Maybe a little context is in order here...

            For a start, you've been a member here for what, a couple weeks, max?

            You're using a screen name, which means you really have no identity at this point.

            Your initial post in this thread asked about sending more PMs faster with no context other than having a new service to offer.

            If you encountered that, would you possibly think 'spammer', especially if your own inbox was spammed?

            The limits which are putting such a burr under your saddle were put in place to discourage spammers. You can't keep them out altogether, but you can make the method so inconvenient that they go looking for easier pickings.

            I'd tell you to ask someone who tried it, but you'll have a hard time finding one.

            Unfortunately, having to impose limits like this sometimes creates inconvenience for legit members. Just explain why it took time to respond.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7989242].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Kay King
              The initial problem is due to the OP telling people to "PM me if you want to see a demo site" in his ad here. Getting a high response rate could be frustrating due to the PM delays built in here.

              Would be better to set up an email with an auto-response that gives a link to the demo and any other info you want to give potential buyers.
              Signature
              Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

              You should always be yourself...unless you can be a Unicorn. Then you should always be a Unicorn.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7989385].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author FitMarketer
                Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

                The initial problem is due to the OP telling people to "PM me if you want to see a demo site" in his ad here. Getting a high response rate could be frustrating due to the PM delays built in here.

                Would be better to set up an email with an auto-response that gives a link to the demo and any other info you want to give potential buyers.
                Thank you for this.

                I am getting it sorted now with an autoresponse link.

                Thank you for your advice. I did not want to put the demo in the thread and this seems like an excellent option.

                However since I have made a few sales since the original thread I think I am going to upgrade my membership in the next few days anyway. I want to check out that War Room I keep hearing great things about!!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7994841].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author FitMarketer
              Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

              Maybe a little context is in order here...

              For a start, you've been a member here for what, a couple weeks, max?

              You're using a screen name, which means you really have no identity at this point.

              Your initial post in this thread asked about sending more PMs faster with no context other than having a new service to offer.

              If you encountered that, would you possibly think 'spammer', especially if your own inbox was spammed?

              The limits which are putting such a burr under your saddle were put in place to discourage spammers. You can't keep them out altogether, but you can make the method so inconvenient that they go looking for easier pickings.

              I'd tell you to ask someone who tried it, but you'll have a hard time finding one.

              Unfortunately, having to impose limits like this sometimes creates inconvenience for legit members. Just explain why it took time to respond.
              Sorry if I was unclear in my initial thread

              I had to pay a membership fee of $10 when I signed up so I wondered what the difference in PMs was between the $10 and $37 membership before I upgraded.

              Yes I am using a screenname but so do many people here? I was not aware we had to use our real names as a screenname

              Also I was just asking for help I didn't mean to step on anyones toes. I will be sure to make my threads more clear from here on in. Thanks for your advice
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7994838].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
                Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

                Yes I am using a screenname but so do many people here? I was not aware we had to use our real names as a screenname.
                You don't. The problem isn't with using the screen name, per se. The problem is that you are still so new that no one really knows you, whether you mean well or are out to exploit and run. Time, participation and keeping calm like you did here will cure that.

                Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

                Also I was just asking for help I didn't mean to step on anyones toes. I will be sure to make my threads more clear from here on in. Thanks for your advice
                I got that feeling from your later responses, which is why I took a moment to explain that it wasn't personal, and why you might have gotten the reaction you did.

                I have an acquaintance that likes to play playground basketball. He keeps saying "no blood, no foul." Seems like the case here...
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7995175].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

    If I upgrade to War Room membership can I send more than 5 PMs per hour
    Yes.

    Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

    and will the time limit be removed?
    No.

    Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

    I have just launched a service here and need to be able to send more PMs
    If you're intending to send private messages to promote something, think again: that would make your membership of the forum very brief indeed, War Room member or not. "Private message spam" usually gets reported very quickly - those messages have a "red triangle" for notifying the moderators, just like forum posts do!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mekdroid
    Not a good idea at all ... using the PM for spam will get you banned right away.
    Signature

    Temporary occupation of some valuable piece of technical real-estate, followed by a negotiated retreat with full coffers

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pingsters
    Banned
    They will ban you if some one marked you as spam. So i wont' suggest that. You will loose your $39 so don't do that.

    Add value to the forum and let people PM you and ask about your services rather then you contact them directly.

    Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988514].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kaydesmo8
    PM sending limit might get increased but Spamming is not allowed I guess !!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FitMarketer
    I am not planning on spamming people before you get the wrong idea

    I am offering a service but don't want to post the link to a demo in the thread so when people PM me for more information I need to reply via PM

    I got 15 PMs asking for more information and questions within the first few hours
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988535].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
      Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

      I am not planning on spamming people before you get the wrong idea

      I am offering a service but don't want to post the link to a demo in the thread so when people PM me for more information I need to reply via PM

      I got 15 PMs asking for more information and questions within the first few hours
      Why not just set up a separate email with a gmail account specifcally for your offer and have people contact you that way? That would be a much easier way to go. Or set up a separate email with your ISP and/or webhosting company, that way you won't have to rely on PMs.

      RoD
      Signature
      "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
      - Jim Rohn
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988564].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author FitMarketer
        Originally Posted by Rod Cortez View Post

        Why not just set up a separate email with a gmail account specifcally for your offer and have people contact you that way? That would be a much easier way to go. Or set up a separate email with your ISP and/or webhosting company, that way you won't have to rely on PMs.

        RoD
        Hey Rod,
        Thanks for your reply
        I have set up a seperate email for WF and this service but I think a lot of people on the WF communicate by sending PMs
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988589].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
          Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

          Hey Rod,
          Thanks for your reply
          I have set up a seperate email for WF and this service but I think a lot of people on the WF communicate by sending PMs
          Only if you don't give them any other alternative. Some WSO sellers even put in their sales copy and in their FAQs (the posting space right underneath their OP) in bright, bold, red lettering to NOT contact them via PM and to use their preferred method of obtaining support / more information.

          That's not to going to stop all the PMs, but it will put a huge dent.

          Another thing to think about is all the members who are new or don't have enough posts to send you a PM (there's a lot of them with more and more news one every day), so it's very important to have another way to reach you. Granted, they can post in the thread you created, but not every person likes that.

          RoD
          Signature
          "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
          - Jim Rohn
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988619].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author FitMarketer
            Originally Posted by Rod Cortez View Post

            Only if you don't give them any other alternative. Some WSO sellers even put in their sales copy and in their FAQs (the posting space right underneath their OP) in bright, bold, red lettering to NOT contact them via PM and to use their preferred method of obtaining support / more information.

            That's not to going to stop all the PMs, but it will put a huge dent.

            Another thing to think about is all the members who are new or don't have enough posts to send you a PM, so it's in the rules that you have to have a way of people to get a hold of you that's not solely reliant on PMs (granted they can post in the thread, but it's still good to give an e-mail or have a support desk of some kind).

            RoD

            Thanks for your advice Rod

            I will add that into my thread with a email link

            Thanks again
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LuckyIMer
    If you want to spam my PM, you`ll gona have a bad time
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7988536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CyberSorcerer
    Let me give you a view from my perspective.

    You just joined this month, have 57 post, and have been "Thanked" 4 times. That's less then a 10% Thanks ratio.

    What you have to say could be meaningful to a few or many and nothing wrong with that. But let me see if you're more here for both getting help and helping others and not just self-promotion. If the former I would expect your "Thank" ratio to go up a little more.

    Not everyone here feels the same way about my little "Thank" ratio as I do, but it has seem to workout to be true in my research.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7995295].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FitMarketer
      Originally Posted by CyberSorcerer View Post

      Let me give you a view from my perspective.

      You just joined this month, have 57 post, and have been "Thanked" 4 times. That's less then a 10% Thanks ratio.

      What you have to say could be meaningful to a few or many and nothing wrong with that. But let me see if you're more here for both getting help and helping others and not just self-promotion. If the former I would expect your "Thank" ratio to go up a little more.

      Not everyone here feels the same way about my little "Thank" ratio as I do, but it has seem to workout to be true in my research.
      I am new here but have some experience in marketing and have been hanging around the forum for a long time. I hope to both learn and help people here and also utilize the power of the WF. I am not only here for self promotion I am here for the long run
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7995310].message }}

Trending Topics