Clickbank wants me to reveal my secret...

by seoed
25 replies
Hi,

my ebook and website are ready to go online and my decision fell on using clickbank because of their huge amount of affiliates.

When I sent my site for approval they told me to write in the sales letter what my method is about. I had to prevent writing a blind sales page according to their rules.

However, I don't think it's a good idea if I reveal my technique.
I ask myself if there any other platforms like clickbank which have a big amount ofaffiliates who would promote my ebook and which also is as simple as clickbanks affiliate system.

Any suggestions?
#clickbank #reveal #secret
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    I doubt CB is going to steal your "technique". If you deliver what you promise in your sales page you should not have a problem...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnDBrewer
    Actually Salegurus...he is not worried about CB taking the technique but someone that blindly finds the salespage and does not buy the ebook.

    For the OP, is the technique something no one else is doing or is duplicating?

    I don't think you will be able to get around CB's rules.

    There are a few other sites but not as big as CB.

    Here is a link (Not affiliate link) of some advertising networks (CPC) but also some affiliate platforms. I did a google search to find it.

    First Link

    Here is another: Second Link...again not an affiliate link.
    Good luck.

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996224].message }}
  • I don't think CB is asking you to "reveal" your secret method in detail on your sales page, but possibly to talk more in general about what your product is and does. For some reason marketers started writing sales pages saying things such as: "No It's not facebook marketing, no It's not youtube marketing, no it's not placing classified ads, no it's not forum marketing, no its not.... (leaving the potential customer in the dark). So maybe you can update your sales page and write a general idea to satisfy CB without getting into the details. Work with them. Go back and forth if you have to until they approve it.
    Signature
    Arnold Stolting - Stolting Media Group
    "I LOVE The Song! The Vibe Is Positive And Firm!" - Kymani Marley. (Son of Bob Marley)
    "Keep Up The Good Work!" Tony Lindsay - Lead Vocalist, Carlos Santana.

    "Very High Quality!" Jeremy Harding - Manager / Producer. Sean Paul.
    "They Are FANTASTIC!" - Willie Crawford.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MartinPlatt
    Clickbank want you to tell your customer what they will get if they buy.

    Look at it in a different way, if you don't tell people what they're getting (in terms of benefits, not techniques) you won't sell any product.

    Like going to a vehicle sales shop, and being asked to buy straight away without seeing anything or knowing anything about the vehicle. Would you buy?

    Whereas if someone let you see a shiny red vehicle with a V8 engine, lots of extras, let you have a drive, would you be more likely to buy?

    They're going to be asking you for the benefits - this is what you will learn with the course, this is what you will earn, this is how long it will take, it involves SEO, list buiilding, whatever, and here's how the results will come.

    They're trying to help you, and cover themselves legally. I've never found them to be unreasonable.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author l23bc
    Hmm form past experience when i used to sell on clickbank as vendor i beleive you just need to explain about the product and what is does, I never revealed my methods i think its a FTC thing now they like to know about the product you created and might of changed clickbank since i had a retirement from internet marketing of a year to study and travel you see, I dont think they want to know your methods as long as you are clear that you are hopeing to use affliates of clickbank to drive sales and talk about your methods such as protmoting from a blog or sales funnel ect,or to a list of subcribers you may have, i know Cb had some issues with some social media sites a while back last year because of affliates saturating facebook but as alot of people said you should be fine just ask cb what they need to know and take it from there

    hope that helps
    andy
    Signature

    No Link here or Nothing to Promote Just a Old Happy Warrior User reading Topics

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoed
    Look at it in a different way, if you don't tell people what they're getting (in terms of benefits, not techniques) you won't sell any product.
    Well, that's the problem. They really want me to name the technique and not just the benefits. I am trying to tell them that it wouldn't make any sense if I did that because then there would be no reason anymore to buy my ebook. They simply would research the technique themselves and gone are the sales. Additionally, I never saw a clickbank product which tells me exactly what the name of the technique is.

    @john I was more referring to systems like e-junkie or jvzoo. What is it that makes them worse than clickbank?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996403].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SunilTanna
      Originally Posted by seoed View Post

      Well, that's the problem. They really want me to name the technique and not just the benefits. I am trying to tell them that it wouldn't make any sense if I did that because then there would be no reason anymore to buy my ebook. They simply would research the technique themselves and gone are the sales. Additionally, I never saw a clickbank product which tells me exactly what the name of the technique is.

      @john I was more referring to systems like e-junkie or jvzoo. What is it that makes them worse than clickbank?
      If they can really just read the name of a technique in a sales letter and get the entire value of the ebook, you need to add more value.

      Fwiw I still buy non fiction books even though I could research the info for free online. Good books have more info, or are better organised, or are better written, or have pics, or are specific to my needs, etc...
      Signature
      ClickBank Vendor?
      - Protect Your Thank You Pages & Downloads
      - Give Your Affiliates Multiple Landing Pages (Video Demo)
      - Killer Graphics for Your Site
      SPECIAL WSO PRICES FOR WARRIORS + GET THE "CLICKBANK DISCOUNT" TOO!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SunilTanna
    The reason is, probably at least in part, if you are too vague in the sales letter, the refund and charge back rate will be too high.

    The prospect reads that you are going to teach them how to make money. It's not FB, YouTube, affiliates, kindle, etc. They assume it's something they cam do.

    Then they buy.

    Then they read it's X.

    But they immediately think "I can't do X". Because it's too hard, expensive, technically difficult, time consuming, or whatever.

    Hello instant refund or charge-back.
    Signature
    ClickBank Vendor?
    - Protect Your Thank You Pages & Downloads
    - Give Your Affiliates Multiple Landing Pages (Video Demo)
    - Killer Graphics for Your Site
    SPECIAL WSO PRICES FOR WARRIORS + GET THE "CLICKBANK DISCOUNT" TOO!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996407].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoed
    Well, they of course had to do a lot of research and maybe still buy a book. My ebook does not consist of a few pages but of around 100.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alvinchua91
    lol. Clickbank makes a h*ll lot more money from other techniques than 'stealing' your technique. I see no harm in mailing them that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996883].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iwowwe4you
      I am sure you misunderstood them. Talking about ebook you do not have to reveal any secrets.
      If you say: When you buy this ebook you will learn:
      1. How to authenticated your potential customers.
      2. Important steps you need to make before contacting them.
      3. Right way of approaching your potential customers.
      4. How to keep their attention and them focused on the product you are selling.
      5. ...
      There are no secrets revealed here, but people can see if that is product they are looking for. In fact such page with explanation on "titles" and not "secrets" may increase sales greatly.
      I am not explaining those who got on the sales page how actually identify their potential customers, but explaining they will learn it from the book.
      Signature

      Happy to share 18 years experience in MLM/IM. Not doing any other work for over 7 years now. Accredited as a coach by 3 companies I worked with after completing a course of education and passing exams. HND in Business, Economics, Accounting, Market Research, Market Development, Management.
      Love to Learn - Love to Teach!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996952].message }}
  • So basically you wanted people to buy into "something" they dont know what it is about, nor what is based on or how it will help them or whether it is in a field they want to pursue?

    Do you think that is fair and that clickbank, as the reseller of your product, should agree to those terms?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MackSell
    Originally Posted by seoed View Post

    Hi,

    my ebook and website are ready to go online and my decision fell on using clickbank because of their huge amount of affiliates.

    When I sent my site for approval they told me to write in the sales letter what my method is about. I had to prevent writing a blind sales page according to their rules.

    However, I don't think it's a good idea if I reveal my technique.
    I ask myself if there any other platforms like clickbank which have a big amount ofaffiliates who would promote my ebook and which also is as simple as clickbanks affiliate system.

    Any suggestions?
    You can use jvzoo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996958].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by seoed View Post

    I ask myself if there any other platforms like clickbank which have a big amount ofaffiliates who would promote my ebook and which also is as simple as clickbanks affiliate system.
    There probably isn't, but this isn't really the question you should be asking yourself.

    The number of affiliates at ClickBank doesn't make much difference, because the reality is that "being at ClickBank" isn't going to attract them anyway. Wherever you sell your product, you need to promote it to affiliates, and to have proven conversions, in order to get and to retain affiliates.

    The attraction of ClickBank, for serious pro-affiliates, is that it's one of the places where we're not dependent on the vendor for payment, and everything's automated.

    From your own perspective, though, it seems to me that what's relevant is that if you're trying use "blind copy", very few (if any) serious pro-affiliates will be willing to promote your product anyway. For the same reasons that it isn't acceptable to ClickBank.

    To put it plainly, if ClickBank has rejected something for potential ethical/regulatory reasons, the solution to that problem is to change whatever's causing the potential ethical/regulatory problem, not to find somewhere else to sell it instead!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7996962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoed
    To be clear, I never said that clickbank tries to steal my technique as some posters here said. I don't know where they got that from???

    The other point is that I am not targeting the Internet marketing niche. My ebook covers the health niche and the therapy I am talking about heals a lot of diseases.

    So, you all say that I should talk about the therapy in my sales copy? Wouldn't that decrease conversion rates?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7997185].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by seoed View Post

      So, you all say that I should talk about the therapy in my sales copy?
      Not quite. I don't think anyone who replied above even knew that you were talking about any kind of therapy?

      "Talking about it" doesn't have to involve disclosing the details?

      Originally Posted by seoed View Post

      Wouldn't that decrease conversion rates?
      Please excuse the observation that it can't decrease the conversion-rate from zero, which is where you are now, and where you may (to all intents and purposes) stay, using "blind copy", whether you sell at ClickBank or elsewhere.

      Serious, successful affiliates don't, collectively, like "blind copy" any more than ClickBank does, and that's surely highly relevant to you?

      I suspect that there's an intermediate position to be found here, between using "blind copy" and "giving away the farm", by virtue of which you could perhaps disclose the "mode of therapy" without disclosing the details on the sales page, thereby satisfying both ClickBank and putative affiliates while not doing significant damage to conversion-rates?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7997198].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JoeMack
      Originally Posted by seoed View Post


      So, you all say that I should talk about the therapy in my sales copy? Wouldn't that decrease conversion rates?
      Hi...

      You can say what the technique is while still having a lot of offer. There are a few CB product that I promote around the "reversing diabetes" niche. The salespages say what techniques to use, but people want more than just a name. They want details. They want proof that the technique works. They want step by step plans.

      Will conversion rates go down? Maybe, although I suspect that there are plenty of people that WOULDN'T buy your product is the salespage is too vague. You might even see an increase in conversion.

      But even if the conversion rate goes down, so will your refunds and chargeback, so you could end up keeping more of the sales that you made.

      Much Success,

      JoeMack
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8000227].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Young Financier
    Props to Clickbank for taking those measures. At least someone is seeking to put an end to blind sales letters.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7997197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    No, Clickbank wants you to be honest.
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7997243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoed
    I suspect that there's an intermediate position to be found here, between using "blind copy" and "giving away the farm", by virtue of which you could perhaps disclose the "mode of therapy" without disclosing the details on the sales page, thereby satisfying both ClickBank and putative affiliates while not doing significant damage to conversion-rates?
    Yse, I will describe how this therapy works and why diseases can be healed that way. I think this is what most visitors would like to know. Let's see if this is also enough for clickbank.

    thanks to all who made a constructive contribution.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7997443].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author onSubie
      Originally Posted by seoed View Post

      I will describe how this therapy works and why diseases can be healed that way.
      Also, be careful about words like "healed" and "cured" when selling alternative therapies.

      That is a whole different problem and likely another reason CB wants you to be more explicit in your sales copy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7997905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thedanbrown
    You don't have to reveal your technique but just make sure that at some point you give a basic outline to what it's all about. If you're doing SEO then just say it's about generating free traffic... no need to give secrets away, especially in your sales material
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7998112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobinInTexas
    If your book is divided into chapters, will a list of the chapter titles give a sense of what is inside without giving it all away?
    Signature

    Robin



    ...Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just set there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7998184].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author girlinthe
    i think they just want to have an idea on what is it about! i mean why they want to know the techniques and they are doing quit well
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7998214].message }}

Trending Topics