Great Resourse No One Seems to Talk About

27 replies
Hey warriors I came across a great resource from are past that beginners and gurus a like know of but don't talk about. The best part of it is it won't cost you a dime. "The Local Library" I know it's not sexy, but the amount of info for any niche, sub-niche, and marketing are endless.

Now let me state this before anyone does it. Anything you use verbadium...Quote where you got it. Plagiarism is no game, and as marketers who make money(or goals of making) online should take it seriously.

With that being said here is a great way to use this source. First, go to your local library. Do your keyword research to find a niche like...Lawn Maintenance. Now in the section where you find Lawn Maintenance look for a book on a sub-niche. Just for the sake of conversation try Annuals. Find your library check it out for FREE. You now have all the info for all the content you need on the subject. As long as you re-checkout your book or books as needed it didn't cost you a dime.

Am I wrong about this? What does everyone else think?
#articles #beginner affiliate #free content #good content #great #library #resourse #talk
  • Profile picture of the author MartinPlatt
    Yes, this is often overlooked.

    I have seen WSOs on this very subject, well a little more expanded, but you're definitely onto something...
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8006518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Burritt
    Banned
    It's actually hard to remember the last time I went to the library to look up information.

    Do they have Wikipedia or Google there?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8006553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jchengery
    Hello adamprince1981,

    A great idea- certainly, the local library still has great information that is either not online or not as cheap to obtain online. It's definitely something to keep in mind! Thanks for sharing it!

    Take care,

    Joe Chengery
    Signature

    My free ebook on pancreatic cancer: http://ow.ly/nPVhm Let's help my friend Courtney Reagan strike out cancer!

    Are you WORRIED about what wheat is doing to your waistline and your health? You SHOULD be! http://ow.ly/jSIY9 Internet marketer, copyeditor, copywriter, content creator, author - http://www.joechengery.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8006595].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jchengery
    Hello Jeff,

    LOL - I think they have "IntraNet" (or whatever it's called - "LibraryNet" - etc. - not sure if it can access Wikipedia or Google; maybe they just have Internet access now - I'm not sure. Hmm... an ebook on what you can find at your local library? - Maybe a topic idea! :-)
    Signature

    My free ebook on pancreatic cancer: http://ow.ly/nPVhm Let's help my friend Courtney Reagan strike out cancer!

    Are you WORRIED about what wheat is doing to your waistline and your health? You SHOULD be! http://ow.ly/jSIY9 Internet marketer, copyeditor, copywriter, content creator, author - http://www.joechengery.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8006603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kdevarney
    Interesting maybe i will head to my local library this weekend and give it a try
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8006606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visimedia
    I went to local library few times ffew years back, but I prefer to read the books on my own chosen place with hot coffee. =)

    but yes, local library will give us plenty of good free info
    Signature

    ever go to indonesia? check on https://bedpackers.com for best hostel in malang

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8006613].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JasonAaron1
      Originally Posted by visimedia View Post

      I went to local library few times ffew years back, but I prefer to read the books on my own chosen place with hot coffee. =)

      but yes, local library will give us plenty of good free info
      HA! I'm the same way. If only the public libraries would just start selling coffee. I work from the library at least once a week when I really need to focus, but having coffee at the same time would be awesome.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8009041].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Its also good for eye candy
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8006715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by visimedia View Post

      I went to local library few times ffew years back, but I prefer to read the books on my own chosen place with hot coffee. =)

      but yes, local library will give us plenty of good free info
      Last time I looked, you could sign up for these little plastic cards, usually for free. When you find a book you want to read, you can show the librarian the book and your card, and they'll let you keep the book for several weeks. For free! You can even take more than one!!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8006733].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        I got a large bonus from a client after a big project. He said the long articles I wrote for him were so much better than other work he'd hired done. Said I included information and details no one else had mentioned.

        Library! Great for research. No quotes from books (copyright - remember?) but books with information that is impossible to find on those particular subjects. Other writers were using the same few authority websites to do their research....I wasn't. The info I found is probably somewhere online but buried so deep in the SERPs you don't find it with a search.

        It took an afternoon sitting at a table with books spread around me - I had to drive there (15 minutes) - but I figure time in the library for that job paid $750/hr. so I'll do it again in a heartbeat.

        That library also has a couple dozen computers with full internet access. I love libraries - they smell like books:p

        kay
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog.
        ***
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8006864].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author troy23
    I use it all the time.
    It's a great resource for product ideas.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8007155].message }}
  • Libraries and good old "books" are not going away anytime soon. Even though technology continues to do nothing but ramp up, books hold massive amounts of knowledge on any subject, any niche you want to check out. I think it's a great public place an should never be overlooked as a valued resource hub.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8007289].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author getrichinfo
    I borrowed awesome books from my local library!

    Books from people like Seth Godin, Joe Sugarman,Tim Ferris, Scott, Joel, etc
    Signature

    I'm Buying Health Solos, please PM me if you are selling!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8007472].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Luis Vaugier
    where is the buy button?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8009092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sam Woods
    WOW - I hadn't even thought about this before, last time I went to the library was about 10 years ago - I often forget it's there with the internet.

    Great info - thanks.

    Sam
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8009109].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Peter Thomas
    Originally Posted by adamprince1981 View Post

    Hey warriors I came across a great resource from are past that beginners and gurus a like know of but don't talk about. The best part of it is it won't cost you a dime. "The Local Library" I know it's not sexy, but the amount of info for any niche, sub-niche, and marketing are endless.

    Now let me state this before anyone does it. Anything you use verbadium...Quote where you got it. Plagiarism is no game, and as marketers who make money(or goals of making) online should take it seriously.

    With that being said here is a great way to use this source. First, go to your local library. Do your keyword research to find a niche like...Lawn Maintenance. Now in the section where you find Lawn Maintenance look for a book on a sub-niche. Just for the sake of conversation try Annuals. Find your library check it out for FREE. You now have all the info for all the content you need on the subject. As long as you re-checkout your book or books as needed it didn't cost you a dime.

    Am I wrong about this? What does everyone else think?
    This is great topic, but, I have a question. I used my local library to check out books for my daughter to read night time stories or simply read occasionally some magazines or to look at consumer reports before I buy appliances.

    I never thought of using the library for marketing purposes (as I had the employee mindset!), as I was not into marketing at that time. Now, I am very interested to learn marketing.


    My questions are:
    1. When you say "Do your keyword research to find a niche like...Lawn Maintenance.", should I do this at the library by asking the librarian where the books of gardening are located and research the sub niche of lawn maintenance or use google at the library's computer?

    2. When you say "Find your library check it out for FREE.", did you mean check out the book and read and take notes?

    Thanks for your input in helping me to use my local library as a good resource to enhance my online business.

    Regards,
    Peter
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8010269].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adamprince1981
      Originally Posted by Peter Thomas View Post

      This is great topic, but, I have a question. I used my local library to check out books for my daughter to read night time stories or simply read occasionally some magazines or to look at consumer reports before I buy appliances.

      I never thought of using the library for marketing purposes (as I had the employee mindset!), as I was not into marketing at that time. Now, I am very interested to learn marketing.


      My questions are:
      1. When you say "Do your keyword research to find a niche like...Lawn Maintenance.", should I do this at the library by asking the librarian where the books of gardening are located and research the sub niche of lawn maintenance or use google at the library's computer?

      2. When you say "Find your library check it out for FREE.", did you mean check out the book and read and take notes?

      Thanks for your input in helping me to use my local library as a good resource to enhance my online business.

      Regards,
      Peter
      1. Do you keyword research at home or the library either one will. Just helps you know what the market you choose wants. You can search the catalog or have the librarian show you where.

      2. Exactly checkout the book, read it, and take notes.... Instant Content!
      Signature
      Discover How to Explode Your List Building Success With Facebook Traffic
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8010731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adamprince1981
    I forgot to mention this. Make sure you checkout the bibliography and work sited pages. This will show you where the writer got his content and ideas.
    Signature
    Discover How to Explode Your List Building Success With Facebook Traffic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8010741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMStrategus
    It's true. Library is a great source for any kind of info...
    Signature

    I lie on marketing forums. Social media is for fun, pics & hook ups.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8010742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Manoj V
    My local library is right here on the screen of my computer :-).

    With the advent of computers and the internet most people are too lazy to go out to their neighborhood library. But yes you can find some useful information if you get there and look for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8010792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TravisO
    Local library can still be a great help. Imagine those learnings that doesn't exist online (e.g. Beethoven's secret sonata. Well it's something like that.
    But it seems that the internet is bigger now so is always be the great help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8011116].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Peter Thomas
    Thank you Adam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8011433].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author debra leroy
    Banned
    Local Libraries will always be useful for keeping you informed. But who is still going there? I have to think about this alternative. I have never thought it could be a way...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8011444].message }}

Trending Topics