How Do I Make Money Online With The Resources I Have?

by youngsiteowner Banned
30 replies
I am trying to make about $500 between now and July to fund my projects during the summer. I don't want to have to invest much money to make money. I have a lot of resources I can use but I want to make $500 with the least amount of time that I have to use because I don't want to focus all of my time on this.

Here are the resources that I currently have:

-Web design skills
-Ebay account with a very good ranking
-Verified paypal account
-Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator
-Writing and editing skills
-Flippa account in good standing
-Cpanel account with unlimited space


If any of you are interested in hiring me part-time, I would almost definitely be up for it.

Thank you all very much.
#make #money #online #resources
  • Profile picture of the author JL8
    If you just want to make $500 then freelance something.

    Or just do some job locally.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043457].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author youngsiteowner
      Banned
      Originally Posted by JL8 View Post

      If you just want to make $500 then freelance something.

      Or just do some job locally.
      I don't exactly trust sites like ODesk and Elance where you have to give them your ssn and it is really hard to freelance without using those sites.

      There aren't that many local jobs around here that are worth the labor.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vincent Abrugar
    With the skills & resources you have, you can easily make $500 within a month. You just need to promote your web design service. You can also invest into creating sites and flipping them over at Flippa/Ebay.

    There are several topics here on how to promote a product/service just search the forum.

    And ohh.. by posting this thread you are already marketing your product/service.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043478].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author youngsiteowner
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Vincent Abrugar View Post

      With the skills & resources you have, you can easily make $500 within a month. You just need to promote your web design service. You can also invest into creating sites and flipping them over at Flippa/Ebay.

      There are several topics here on how to promote a product/service just search the forum.

      And ohh.. by posting this thread you are already marketing your product/service.
      Thanks Vincent. But where on this forum can people find me and hire me? I have great services to offer at low prices and no way to show it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043496].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoeMack
    Again, this isn't the way you are supposed to promote your services on the Warrior Forum.

    Pay a few bucks and throw up a Warrior For Hire Ad to let Warriors know what skills, services and costs you provide.

    JoeMack
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043660].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author youngsiteowner
      Banned
      Originally Posted by JoeMack View Post

      Again, this isn't the way you are supposed to promote your services on the Warrior Forum.

      Pay a few bucks and throw up a Warrior For Hire Ad to let Warriors know what skills, services and costs you provide.

      JoeMack
      Thank you. I didn't know about this but I will definitely post there soon.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043699].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stefanvanray
    Right off the bat, I would say you can and should be making more than 500 in two months. With the skills and assets you have listed you can easily be making more than 500 in a few weeks. First off, with web design and photoshop skills you can market web design services on fiverr.com and seoclerks.com. You list your basic work for 5 dollars and everything else is an up-sale. Then you set your account so that they cannot order a gig from you without negotiating price first. Then you can set a fair rate and make some real money. Most of the gigs on fiverr are crap and when you can find a seller who has real skill you don't mind paying extra money, especially if you can complete your work on time.
    Secondly, you should be shopping your writing skills on Odesk for sure. You can also sell all of these skills on the warrior for hire section of this forum. Get some good samples together of your work and start shopping your skills.
    You can also get involved in clickbank. Find a product that is converting well and has a sales video on its product page. Download the video, and make a few alterations - like say some music that fits the ad - and then upload it on YouTube and just place your affiliate link in the video description. This is just one idea. There are literally countless things you can do to make money online. Best of luck to you my friend, and here's to your success!
    -Stefan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043760].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author youngsiteowner
      Banned
      Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

      This is the place where warriors will find your services easily..

      Warriors For Hire
      Thanks for the link.

      Originally Posted by stefanvanray View Post

      Right off the bat, I would say you can and should be making more than 500 in two months. With the skills and assets you have listed you can easily be making more than 500 in a few weeks. First off, with web design and photoshop skills you can market web design services on fiverr.com and seoclerks.com. You list your basic work for 5 dollars and everything else is an up-sale. Then you set your account so that they cannot order a gig from you without negotiating price first. Then you can set a fair rate and make some real money. Most of the gigs on fiverr are crap and when you can find a seller who has real skill you don't mind paying extra money, especially if you can complete your work on time.
      Secondly, you should be shopping your writing skills on Odesk for sure. You can also sell all of these skills on the warrior for hire section of this forum. Get some good samples together of your work and start shopping your skills.
      You can also get involved in clickbank. Find a product that is converting well and has a sales video on its product page. Download the video, and make a few alterations - like say some music that fits the ad - and then upload it on YouTube and just place your affiliate link in the video description. This is just one idea. There are literally countless things you can do to make money online. Best of luck to you my friend, and here's to your success!
      -Stefan

      I like what you have to say about Fiverr and Odesk but I don't use those freelance sites or fiverr sites. I don't use sites like ODesk because I am too afraid to give away my SSN and I don't use Fiverr because I have had some trouble with them before. But Fiverr could be worth a shot again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8044301].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author curly sue
    Buy websites on eBay and resell them on flippa, and vice versa. Obviously you will receive money in your PayPal and host them on your Canaletto/hosting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8044317].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author youngsiteowner
      Banned
      Originally Posted by curly sue View Post

      Buy websites on eBay and resell them on flippa, and vice versa. Obviously you will receive money in your PayPal and host them on your Canaletto/hosting.
      Thank but most of the websites being sold on ebay are not worthy to be sold on flippa.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8044345].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEO Specialist
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045256].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author daledupree
      you must learn to trust sites like, freelancer, elance, odesk, craigslist, 99designs, freelanceswitch, the same way you trust ebay you must trust them the same.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045294].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author youngsiteowner
        Banned
        Originally Posted by daledupree View Post

        you must learn to trust sites like, freelancer, elance, odesk, craigslist, 99designs, freelanceswitch, the same way you trust ebay you must trust them the same.
        Thanks. I will have to think about this though.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045315].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Demetrius
    Also, as you know web designing, you should create some good quality website within some hot niche and sell them through flippa. This can be a very good business for you.
    Creating accounts at some freelancing sites like elance can be another good option for you because there too you will able to earn a lot of bucks through providing web designing services.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045552].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeamBringIt
    Originally Posted by youngsiteowner View Post

    I am trying to make about $500 between now and July to fund my projects during the summer. I don't want to have to invest much money to make money. I have a lot of resources I can use but I want to make $500 with the least amount of time that I have to use because I don't want to focus all of my time on this.

    Here are the resources that I currently have:

    -Web design skills
    -Ebay account with a very good ranking
    -Verified paypal account
    -Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator
    -Writing and editing skills
    -Flippa account in good standing
    -Cpanel account with unlimited space


    If any of you are interested in hiring me part-time, I would almost definitely be up for it.

    Thank you all very much.
    You have enough tools, to offer some kind of service. You can easily earn $500, by offering quality services here on the WF!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045557].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author youngsiteowner
      Banned
      Originally Posted by TeamBringIt View Post

      You have enough tools, to offer some kind of service. You can easily earn $500, by offering quality services here on the WF!
      I am planning on investing $20 by posting a thread in the Warriors For Hire section.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author work2bfree
    It appears that you already have the skills. The problem is in marketing the skills you have and how you want to market them.

    One thing off the bat is I would say to create a report on what you already know. Something like "7 Ways To Design A Website That Converts". Then create a squeeze page and build a list.

    To that list, you can market your service, which is designing peoples website. Charge whatever the going rate is nowadays.

    Another product you can market is flippa. I'm sure that flippa has an affiliate program. Do a video tutorial on how to flip sites on flippa and have your affiliate link available.

    Maybe even do a webinar. I know there is a plugin you can use where you can do automated webinars and the first webinar (or workshop) have a video on how to flip websites on flippa. Don't show them everything, make them pay for the remainder of the tutorials. You can then use this as a product to market on clickbank and get affiliates to market your course.

    You can even create a course on how to build a website in 7 simple steps. Go through the same process as above and create a paid course.

    You have many options available. Put one into action then build upon it.

    Rootin' for ya,

    Lawren
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TravisO
    The resources you have is already enough.
    But just don't do it by yourself.

    You can hire a good freelancer or a virtual assistant to assist you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8046275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sml0100
    Your local market is desperately seeking you...find a computer geek and ask who is looking or just go into the local businesses that you are most comfortable with and I am sure you will quickly find a local business who will pay you more than $500 a month to get their site up and making them money.
    To your success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8046305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alvinchua91
    Originally Posted by youngsiteowner View Post

    I am trying to make about $500 between now and July to fund my projects during the summer. I don't want to have to invest much money to make money. I have a lot of resources I can use but I want to make $500 with the least amount of time that I have to use because I don't want to focus all of my time on this.

    Here are the resources that I currently have:

    -Web design skills
    -Ebay account with a very good ranking
    -Verified paypal account
    -Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator
    -Writing and editing skills
    -Flippa account in good standing
    -Cpanel account with unlimited space


    If any of you are interested in hiring me part-time, I would almost definitely be up for it.

    Thank you all very much.
    Are you an experienced copywriter? If so, do PM me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8046328].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author youngsiteowner
    Banned
    Thank you everyone for your most recent posts. I know that Odesk and Elance are great sites for what I am trying to do but I just won't give up my SSN to them and if that means that I will have to do freelancing the hard way, then I will still try to make as much money as I can between now and July.

    About hiring my own virtual assistant to help me... I am trying to make money here, not spend. If I get any work to do for money, I would do it myself, not give it to someone else to do who will not create quality work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8047164].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HanifQ
      Hey youngsiteowner, here's what you can do (I've done most of this personally to make some fast cash)...

      1) for your article writing, launch a Fiverr gig for $5 (300 words), and contact the people on the bottom right-hand side of Fiverr that are 'looking for gigs'. You'll ALWAYS find people looking for articles. I've personally made daily sales by contacting people in this exact same way on Fiverr (its a bunch of work in the beginning, but these people will most likely rehire you and within a month you'll be able to offer 'Gig Extras' and start making $10-$40 per order)

      2) Go on the Craigslist "Services Wanted" section in your local area AND in major cities near you, and contact these people who are looking for websites. Also, make sure to create Craigslist Ads yourself in those same areas. By contacting people looking for services, and by creating your own ads, you'll definitely land some $500-$1000 web design projects if you're persistent.

      3) Sign up for a Linkedin and Google+ account, find business owners in your local area and connect with them via these accounts....and then ask them if you can build great looking fanpages for them with custom graphics, and spruce up their website as well...but before you do that make sure to send them a couple of messages asking them questions about their business, to open a dialogue.

      All 3 of the above things will probably take you no more than half hour to an hour a day to implement properly, and will likely get you thousands of dollars worth of business.

      Trust me, I've been able to get lots of offline clients using simple outreach strategies
      Signature

      After my first 2 years of losing over 10K in internet marketing SCAMS, I am now a 6+ year IM veteran with lots of experience building Niche Sites, Ecomm Stores & running PPC campaigns. I've made most of my money through Affiliate Marketing, Adsense & Infoproducts. I promise to provide lots of FREE VALUE from all my experience over the past decade!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8047182].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author youngsiteowner
        Banned
        Originally Posted by TravisO View Post

        The resources you have is already enough.
        But just don't do it by yourself.

        You can hire a good freelancer or a virtual assistant to assist you.
        Originally Posted by HanifQ View Post

        Hey youngsiteowner, here's what you can do (I've done most of this personally to make some fast cash)...

        1) for your article writing, launch a Fiverr gig for $5 (300 words), and contact the people on the bottom right-hand side of Fiverr that are 'looking for gigs'. You'll ALWAYS find people looking for articles. I've personally made daily sales by contacting people in this exact same way on Fiverr (its a bunch of work in the beginning, but these people will most likely rehire you and within a month you'll be able to offer 'Gig Extras' and start making $10-$40 per order)

        2) Go on the Craigslist "Services Wanted" section in your local area AND in major cities near you, and contact these people who are looking for websites. Also, make sure to create Craigslist Ads yourself in those same areas. By contacting people looking for services, and by creating your own ads, you'll definitely land some $500-$1000 web design projects if you're persistent.

        3) Sign up for a Linkedin and Google+ account, find business owners in your local area and connect with them via these accounts....and then ask them if you can build great looking fanpages for them with custom graphics, and spruce up their website as well...but before you do that make sure to send them a couple of messages asking them questions about their business, to open a dialogue.

        All 3 of the above things will probably take you no more than half hour to an hour a day to implement properly, and will likely get you thousands of dollars worth of business.

        Trust me, I've been able to get lots of offline clients using simple outreach strategies
        I will try to contact people on Fiverr about article writing and also try to contact people on Craigslist about it. I am not sure if I should start trying to contact people about Web Design or not because it is very time consuming. Maybe I will when the summer starts. Thanks.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8047221].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author HanifQ
          Hey youngsiteowner, you can contact people on Craigslist and through Facebook to build nice looking Fanpages for them...its a lot quicker than web design...

          You can offer a custom header and a cool feature such as a 'Like Gate', adding an 'Opt in' form and setting up a 'sweepstakes/poll'...with the right software, you can add these features in about 5-10 minutes, and charge atleast a $100 for the fanpage.
          Signature

          After my first 2 years of losing over 10K in internet marketing SCAMS, I am now a 6+ year IM veteran with lots of experience building Niche Sites, Ecomm Stores & running PPC campaigns. I've made most of my money through Affiliate Marketing, Adsense & Infoproducts. I promise to provide lots of FREE VALUE from all my experience over the past decade!

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8048416].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author youngsiteowner
            Banned
            Originally Posted by HanifQ View Post

            Hey youngsiteowner, you can contact people on Craigslist and through Facebook to build nice looking Fanpages for them...its a lot quicker than web design...

            You can offer a custom header and a cool feature such as a 'Like Gate', adding an 'Opt in' form and setting up a 'sweepstakes/poll'...with the right software, you can add these features in about 5-10 minutes, and charge atleast a $100 for the fanpage.
            I will definitely be responding to posts on Craigslist and I am trying my best to get exposure on Fiverr but I am having a bit of trouble with that.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8049032].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author cruze7276
              Since you already have skills , why not offer your services on fiverr. You also have an option to become a freelancer. You will get work offers easily.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9086525].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TTOM
    Did you try to create gigs on Fiverr? I'm earning more than $1000 every month with my products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9086757].message }}

Trending Topics