The Biggest Myth That Causes Most People To FAIL and stay BROKE!

20 replies
There is a myth that I always hear thrown around on forums and blogs.

It's a word that I hear bandied around more than any other word.

That word is saturation.

Yes, in my humble opinion, the word saturation is a myth.

It doesn't exist.

People (newbies and lazy people) use this word as an excuse not to take action and try a method.

Here's the truth: 90% of folks who read about a method in an eBook do NOT take action.

5% of the folks who actually DO take action do it half heartedly and quit at the first obstacle that they encounter.

That's leaves 5% left of the people who take real action and actually make REAL money.

The word saturation is a lie (a myth) that is keeping most people broke.

Saturation doesn't exist.

So ignore the word saturation and the people who say those things and take massive action when you discover a real money making method.

Your bank account will be glad that you did.

-Malcolm Thomas
#biggest #fail #myth #people
  • Profile picture of the author JoeMack
    It is very similar to the concept "where there is smoke, there's fire."


    Where there is saturation, there is money.

    It just takes a different approach to maximize efforts.

    JoeMack
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author World Marketing
    Great point here...Not enough people take action or remain persistent and that is why us other marketers make a good living online....There is so much money to be made out there with consumer spending rising every year, I can't believe more people do not work from home....I will never go back to working a job again!
    Signature

    I make $5,000+ a month online [CLICK HERE] to see how you can do the same starting today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MartinPlatt
    I sort of agree. I think it's more that you need to be motivated enough to find a way that is better, not saturated, less competition, more profit potential. This you would do through continuous testing and research...
    Signature

    Martin Platt

    martin-platt.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    The biggest myth? That there are shortcuts.
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lgizzle
    Originally Posted by Malcolm Thomas View Post

    There is a myth that I always hear thrown around on forums and blogs.

    It's a word that I hear bandied around more than any other word.

    That word is saturation.

    Yes, in my humble opinion, the word saturation is a myth.

    It doesn't exist.

    People (newbies and lazy people) use this word as an excuse not to take action and try a method.

    Here's the truth: 90% of folks who read about a method in an eBook do NOT take action.

    5% of the folks who actually DO take action do it half heartedly and quit at the first obstacle that they encounter.

    That's leaves 5% left of the people who take real action and actually make REAL money.

    The word saturation is a lie (a myth) that is keeping most people broke.

    Saturation doesn't exist.

    So ignore the word saturation and the people who say those things and take massive action when you discover a real money making method.

    Your bank account will be glad that you did.

    -Malcolm Thomas
    Hi Malcolm,

    Let me be completely honest with you and say that I have been that person for the last 7 years of my IM career. I agree with everything you just said.

    Case & Point: When it comes to keyword research if you want to do something like PPC. One of the very first metrics to look at is competition. This means if I typed in something like "shed building" in google. What I see is about 9 people paying for their clicks on the right. This tells me that the market is saturated right? Well it actually tells me two things. Yes it is saturated but it also tells me that there is plenty of money to be made. So when I go from here, I can easily say, "man I can't go into that niche because it is saturated." But the truth is those people are advertise there on the regular are the 5% of people who actually took action and tested and tweaked until they became a regular in that particular PPC niche.

    So that being said, I agree with you Malcolm. I have bought so many ebooks and products online about making money and at one point I was only reading them and doing nothing - the 90%. Then I started reading them and doing something with the information but quit at the first sign of an obstacle - the first 5%. NOW, I've decided to be the last 5% which means taking action. So for the first time in 7 years I finally drove my first 25 visitors to my site after just one day of taking action just a few days ago. That was only one day. Still a long way to go but it just shows what can happen when we, as aspiring entrepreneurs take action.

    I agree with you 100% Malcolm. Good post. Keep them coming.

    -Lawrence
    Signature

    To desire is to expect, to expect is to achieve. The advancing life is the true life. The life we are all intended to live.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043888].message }}
  • What about the Daily Deal Sites like groupon and all the rest of them. I believe that the deals are in a saturated market. I am sick of seeing these deal sites and the poor quality products and services I received.
    Signature
    How much is my website worth?Web Valuers are a professional website valutaion firm. Try Us.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nadal619
    yes I agree with you , you need to be focused on making money and driving traffic to your website rather than thinking the product is saturated .
    Signature

    Learn How to make $194.24/Day By Selling on eBay , Click here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrgoe
    Saturation isn`t a myth. There are a lot of methods that don`t work because a lot of people tried them. Saturation can be related to niches too. When there`s a 1900 searches niche that is attacked by 50 IMers is a saturated one, you should be an SEO Specialist.. :|
    Signature
    Want To Rank on The First Page of Google? Try This:
    - Strong Authority Articles on PBNope.Com and
    - SEO Diversification Package From Rankcol.Com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045168].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Malcolm Thomas
      Originally Posted by mrgoe View Post

      Saturation isn`t a myth. There are a lot of methods that don`t work because a lot of people tried them. Saturation can be related to niches too. When there`s a 1900 searches niche that is attacked by 50 IMers is a saturated one, you should be an SEO Specialist.. :|
      Sorry but all of this is WRONG!

      Here's the truth: MOST of the time if a niche doesn't have any competition then it probably means that there isn't any money to be made (not all of the time but most of the time).

      That is why I constantly tell many newbies and struggling marketers to go and market inside competitive niches. It means that people spend money in that niche and that other marketers are making money in that niche. Then try to differenciate yourself and offer a unique solution.

      If a niche has no competition then it (usually) means that there is no money to be made inside of it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045444].message }}
  • Now Malcolm,

    Originally Posted by Malcolm Thomas View Post

    There is a myth that I always hear thrown around on forums and blogs.

    It's a word that I hear bandied around more than any other word.

    That word is saturation.

    Yes, in my humble opinion, the word saturation is a myth.

    It doesn't exist.
    Let's be fair here. Saturation does exist and saying it doesn't is also a myth.

    In a recent Forbes article Feb 2013 even Walmart states that markets can be saturated and does effect earnings.

    Here's the link:
    Wal-Mart's Slow U.S. Growth Needs International Muscle To Drive Earnings

    Being the largest retailer on the planet who doesn't believe in myths but they do believe saturation isn't a myth and is effecting their growth.
    Signature
    SEO Content Marketing Writer
    Online Writing Portfolio
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045280].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Malcolm Thomas
      Originally Posted by ThePromotionalGuy View Post

      Now Malcolm,



      Let's be fair here. Saturation does exist and saying it doesn't is also a myth.

      In a recent Forbes article Feb 2013 even Walmart states that markets can be saturated and does effect earnings.

      Here's the link:
      Wal-Mart's Slow U.S. Growth Needs International Muscle To Drive Earnings

      Being the largest retailer on the planet who doesn't believe in myths but they do believe saturation isn't a myth and is effecting their growth.
      When it comes to online marketing, 99% of methods out there are NOT saturated. To prove it, I want YOU to name me an online internet marketing method that IS saturated? (my hunch is that you won't be able to)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045452].message }}
      • Malcolm,

        Originally Posted by Malcolm Thomas View Post

        When it comes to online marketing, 99% of methods out there are NOT saturated. To prove it, I want YOU to name me an online internet marketing method that IS saturated? (my hunch is that you won't be able to)
        I've been in business far too long to prove anything to anyone. I'm a doer and have been selling for over 40 years.

        Regardless what you believe I stand by my original post.
        Signature
        SEO Content Marketing Writer
        Online Writing Portfolio
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Guilfoyle
    I just did a quick search on google so I have no idea whether these figures are correct.
    8 new internet users a second doesn't sound that many.
    7 billion people on earth, one third of these third already on the internet and growing

    I'd like to try to saturate that market wouldn't you?
    Signature

    Easiest, fastest way I know, and working for countless others to create an online income.
    Click Here to Watch Free Video and start learning how to really profit from the internet

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author World Marketing
    Information overload I think is he biggest "killer" when t comes to people failing and not taking action...They get so wrapped up in the latest and greatest product and do not stick to any sort of game plan...
    Signature

    I make $5,000+ a month online [CLICK HERE] to see how you can do the same starting today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045353].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stafford
      Originally Posted by World Marketing View Post

      Information overload I think is he biggest "killer" when t comes to people failing and not taking action...They get so wrapped up in the latest and greatest product and do not stick to any sort of game plan...
      I definitely agree and once you get stuck in that cycle, it's very hard to get out of it. It's vicious.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8046037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marc7
    This is on point Malcolm!

    What you wrote reminds me of when marketers state that "SEO Is Dead", "Backlinking Is Dead", or "Article Marketing Is Dead" (We all have heard that one!LOL).

    NOTHING is DEAD and NOTHING is SATURATED (In Malcolm's Voice!)

    As online entrepreneurs we have to release our inner creative genius and find different angles to run our businesses.

    You are right, it is a low percentage of aspiring online marketers who buy product and never take action. I will say that many other things besides lazy may be the cause for them not taking action, like the structure of the course etc.

    Overall saturation only exist if you believe it!

    Cool Tip Malcolm!


    Marc Bell
    Signature
    Marc Bell Marketing.com | Branding. Selling. Networking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8046578].message }}

Trending Topics