How do I write a great Clickbank product review?

21 replies
I was wondering if any PDF's exist that tells people how to write a perfect Clickbank review. For example I want to write 5 paragraphs at 450-500 words each but I need a solid blueprint. Like what the 1st paragraph should talk about and so forth. Thanks.
#clickbank #great #product #review #write
  • Profile picture of the author cs.marketer
    I use this format:

    Introduction: (at least 100 words)

    Here I make it personal, talk about whats happened over the past week (I have website that I update every week with reviews and solid content. I tell my list every time I update the blog)

    What is **Product Name** (at least 100 words)

    What it is. Where it came from. What it hopes to achieve.

    Who is **THE AUTHOR** (at least 100 words)

    Here I write up a bit about the creator behind the product. Who they are, what they do. Something professional and something personal as well.

    What's do you get for your money? (at least 500 words)

    Here I list everything the product is offering. I tell the reader what I like and or dislike.

    I'll typically include pictures in this part.

    Cons (at least 100 words)

    Self explanatory - I will always find at least one con.

    Pro's (at least 100 words)

    If the product is worth buying, the pros will always outweigh the cons.

    Does it work? (at least 100 words)

    I will normally implement the strategies in the product and let the reader know whether it does what it says.

    Conclusion (at least 100 words)

    summery of everything.

    The first couple of reviews I wrote in this fashion were about 800-1000 words long. After doing this for sometime now, my reviews tend to be about 1500 - 2000 word reviews.

    They rank very well in Google, and they convert pretty well. My next goal now is to offer a bonus at the end of each review to increase the conversion rate.

    Anyway, hope this helps

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8071496].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexchan338
      Hi,

      A perfect CB product review. It is best to have the review between 600-1000 words.

      For me, I keep it easy and simple.

      I would ask myself what the questions I would ask myself when I am looking more information of the product.

      The credentials of the author and information of the product, pros and cons,

      I would have it in point form instead of paragraphs, because its less boring, brings out key points.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8071527].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StrongVitality
    If you're not worried about SEO sometimes the vendors have an affiliate page and our nice enough to provide product reviews you can just copy and paste.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8071953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Originally Posted by deanmoney View Post

    I was wondering if any PDF's exist that tells people how to write a perfect Clickbank review. For example I want to write 5 paragraphs at 450-500 words each but I need a solid blueprint. Like what the 1st paragraph should talk about and so forth. Thanks.
    Man! That's one BHR (Big Honkin' Review)

    You may have your reasons but I can't see why you'd want to have such a long review. Reviews usually aren't the types of things that people sit down with a glass of wine and get all sappy over. Most often they want straight facts without a lot of fluff.

    You're already got a good answer from the guy saying you start with an introduction, etc.

    Maybe your intro states why you bought the product. What you expected. Were your expectations met? Were they exceeded? Were you disappointed?

    Then take each of those points and comment on why you felt as you did. You don't need a comprehensive guide on reviews. Just do a search on review sites and emulate what's closest to what you're after. Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8071971].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cs.marketer
      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      Man! That's one BHR (Big Honkin' Review)

      You may have your reasons but I can't see why you'd want to have such a long review. Reviews usually aren't the types of things that people sit down with a glass of wine and get all sappy over. Most often they want straight facts without a lot of fluff.
      Take your point, you are right -

      However

      If you're trying to place the review on the front page of google then I would suggest going that extra mile. Every product review I've done I've ranked number 1 because all the other reviews tend to be around 600 words. No meat involved with the review.

      That being said though, I do another shorter review as well:

      domain.com/product-review
      domain.com/product

      This allows me to hit both types of people. Those who like long detailed reviews and those who like short reviews.

      Doing that also then pick up another place in Google

      Take Care!

      Chris
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8075541].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
        Originally Posted by cs.marketer View Post

        Take your point, you are right -

        However

        If you're trying to place the review on the front page of google then I would suggest going that extra mile. Every product review I've done I've ranked number 1 because all the other reviews tend to be around 600 words. No meat involved with the review.

        That being said though, I do another shorter review as well:

        domain.com/product-review
        domain.com/product

        This allows me to hit both types of people. Those who like long detailed reviews and those who like short reviews.

        Doing that also then pick up another place in Google

        Take Care!

        Chris
        What's the point of getting on the first page of any SE if the reader clicks and is intimidated by a massive body of text? They'll be gone as soon as they can click off.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8128291].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author deanmoney
      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      Man! That's one BHR (Big Honkin' Review)

      You may have your reasons but I can't see why you'd want to have such a long review. Reviews usually aren't the types of things that people sit down with a glass of wine and get all sappy over. Most often they want straight facts without a lot of fluff.

      You're already got a good answer from the guy saying you start with an introduction, etc.

      Maybe your intro states why you bought the product. What you expected. Were your expectations met? Were they exceeded? Were you disappointed?

      Then take each of those points and comment on why you felt as you did. You don't need a comprehensive guide on reviews. Just do a search on review sites and emulate what's closest to what you're after. Good luck.
      That was a typo on my part. I meant to say the total review would be 500 words with 5 paragraphs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8127534].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author deanmoney
        Does anyone know of a blueprint for writing a CB review? Like should the first paragraph be about the niche - ex: acne. And the second should focus on the author? The third about the email and whats its about? The fourth about why this ebook will help them? And a conclusion?

        What have people written in the past that was compelling enough that people bought the product? Thanks.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8127540].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by deanmoney View Post

          What have people written in the past that was compelling enough that people bought the product?
          If you write something compelling enough for people to buy the product, that wouldn't be a "review": it would be a "sales page". The vendor already has one of those, and you need to send your traffic to it after pre-selling it to them, not after selling it.

          What makes sales of ClickBank products is people trusting and respecting you, and being willing to rely on your recommendation because you're the person making the recommendation. You need to give them a recommendation, not something "compelling enough to make them buy it".

          Sorry if this sounds a pedantic thing to be pointing out. It really isn't: it's absolutely fundamental to how ClickBank products are successfully sold.

          Your job, as an affiliate, is nearly all about how your subscribers feel about you, not how they feel about the product. Your aim should be to get them to the sales page, where the vendor will sell them product, not to sell them the product yourself. That's one of the many factors that determines "which affiliates make a living", so it's a big issue.

          I'm wondering if this thread might help you: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post7110523
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8127873].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tyronne78
            I'm with Alexa on this one. There should be enough sales materials in place to sell the product to cold traffic.

            There shouldn't be much work on your part other than creating a simple pre-sell page (a quick intro,a few bullet points describing the major benefits of the product,a call to action). Affiliate products should be created so there isn't a lot of work to do on the part of the affiliate (that's if all of the hard work has already been done building a list,building a relationship with that list,etc).




            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            If you write something compelling enough for people to buy the product, that wouldn't be a "review": it would be a "sales page". The vendor already has one of those, and you need to send your traffic to it after pre-selling it to them, not after selling it.

            What makes sales of ClickBank products is people trusting and respecting you, and being willing to rely on your recommendation because you're the person making the recommendation. You need to give them a recommendation, not something "compelling enough to make them buy it".

            Sorry if this sounds a pedantic thing to be pointing out. It really isn't: it's absolutely fundamental to how ClickBank products are successfully sold.

            Your job, as an affiliate, is nearly all about how your subscribers feel about you, not how they feel about the product. Your aim should be to get them to the sales page, where the vendor will sell them product, not to sell them the product yourself. That's one of the many factors that determines "which affiliates make a living", so it's a big issue.

            I'm wondering if this thread might help you: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post7110523
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9841548].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author @tjr
      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      You may have your reasons but I can't see why you'd want to have such a long review. Reviews usually aren't the types of things that people sit down with a glass of wine and get all sappy over. Most often they want straight facts without a lot of fluff.
      Tech reviews alone prove that long reviews can be a successful method.

      To me, a review is meant to take some of the risk out of buying a product or a service. I'm looking for someone who has put in the legwork that I'm unwilling (or unable without purchasing) to do to make an informed purchasing decision. With that in mind, there are three things that I set out to do when writing any kind of product review:

      Prove An Understanding Of The Product: To do this, you usually need to actually buy/use the product! In the field that you're looking to write for (digital products on Clickbank), purchasing is a virtual must to me. You can't honestly write on the value of information if you do not have it and comprehend it. So either pay for the product or get a review copy. Take time to dig down into the content, and make sure that you can accurately relay what is inside to the potential customer without giving away the meat that they need to pay for.

      An Understanding Of The Seller: The usefulness/reliability of an information product to me often rests on the viability of the author to be presenting the information. I do as much background research if I can, get an interview if at all possible. I want to be able to prove or disprove that the author has any good reason to be selling you the product. Hard evidence is essential here. Plenty of people can spin a story, regardless of niche.

      A Point By Point Analysis Of All Claims/Promises: This is where the meat of a product review comes from for me, and it is why mine tend to be on the longer side. You made a promise in your sales copy? Let's see if it holds up to actual testing. I must back up the proven/disproven theory with hard evidence. This makes the review creation process more time consuming; but reporting with accuracy is going to win more in the long run than bull******* the potential customer.

      It's not a set in stone "write X words in X paragraphs" template. I wouldn't want it to be though, writing yourself into a box is annoying to me. I'd rather know what I need to convey, and let it fall onto the paper in whatever way it needs to. Hope this helps!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9840673].message }}
  • Personally, if I stumbled across your review, I would not care about the formatting, the number of words used, or any other rules that seem to exist. I'd read your review and trust it if you told me that you actually "tried" the product, and then let me know what you liked and didn't like.

    But for some reason writing a review based on opening up a product and plugging it in seems to be a totally foreign concept amongst many so called review writers, as it appears that reviews, especially Clickbank product reviews, are mainly written for the purpose of slapping an afiliate link onto it, and not necessarily for the benefit of the reader.

    Oh well, it is what it is.

    Put it this way, if I saw you in a video, and you showed me how you downloaded a product, tried it out, and then talked about it, then I would call that "great". Everything else.... Yawn...
    Signature
    Arnold Stolting - Stolting Media Group
    "I LOVE The Song! The Vibe Is Positive And Firm!" - Kymani Marley. (Son of Bob Marley)
    "Keep Up The Good Work!" Tony Lindsay - Lead Vocalist, Carlos Santana.

    "Very High Quality!" Jeremy Harding - Manager / Producer. Sean Paul.
    "They Are FANTASTIC!" - Willie Crawford.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8128033].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony J Namata
      Originally Posted by stoltingmediagroup View Post

      Personally, if I stumbled across your review, I would not care about the formatting, the number of words used, or any other rules that seem to exist. I'd read your review and trust it if you told me that you actually "tried" the product, and then let me know what you liked and didn't like.

      But for some reason writing a review based on opening up a product and plugging it in seems to be a totally foreign concept amongst many so called review writers, as it appears that reviews, especially Clickbank product reviews, are mainly written for the purpose of slapping an afiliate link onto it, and not necessarily for the benefit of the reader.

      Oh well, it is what it is.

      Put it this way, if I saw you in a video, and you showed me how you downloaded a product, tried it out, and then talked about it, then I would call that "great". Everything else.... Yawn...
      I like this! True, the last thing you want to do is to fake it. It really doesn't sit well with ANYBODY and most especially when you appear to be doing the review for the sole purpose of SELLING a product.
      Signature

      Express Article Rewriting & Proofreading Services via Freelancer, from the author of How to Turn a Dull Article Into a Blockbuster. Download FREE eBook! Here's the link: https://www.freelancer.com/u/tojona.html

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9839895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author curationsoft
    there are plenty of e- course here in WF about clickbank, i'm sure one of them is for you. or you can also go to fivver for some cheap but quality service that you need.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8128292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author justicejr
    In my opinion,
    - Description of product
    - Pro and con of product
    - User review
    You should to write realize to audience, how does product use to solve problem?
    Don't afraid to write negative review, If that the fact of product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9839877].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pilot47
    Why are people so dependent on blueprints?
    It's just a review not a life exam.
    Signature

    Be grateful for everything you have.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9840707].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author @tjr
      Originally Posted by pilot47 View Post

      It's just a review not a life exam.
      Not a life exam, but when done correctly (for some people) it can be a livelihood.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9840831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arun Chandran
    Here's a sample... but it's not gospel. There is no blueprint. Highlight the good and bad... but the bad points should seem like mild inconveniences.

    Keep the review simple and easy to follow. It only has one goal... to get the click. That's it's only job.

    The review needs to have a slant that favors the product. Cross compare with other products. In this way, you seem more credible and the reader is exposed to more offers. You never know which product will resonate with them.

    ***********************************
    Customized Fat Loss

    Product Description:

    The Customized Fat Loss program was created by Kyle Leon, a fitness trainer and nutrition expert. Kyle was the creator of The Muscle Maximizer system which is one of the bestselling bodybuilding systems online.

    Kyle provides massive value with his products and this one does much more than just help you lose weight. You will get a thorough understanding of the concepts of fat loss and bodybuilding.

    The Customized Fat Loss program takes the same tone as The Muscle Maximizer. It addresses your body type. You are taught to eat for your body type and train in a way that suits your body type.

    If you compare this with another excellent guide on the market, The Truth About Abs by Mike Geary, this product is much more detailed and body type specific. How does that help you?

    Well, both systems will give you results but the Customized Fat Loss program will give you a slight edge because it caters more to your body type. That probably explains why it’s pricier too. Yet, it is an excellent investment.


    The Good Points:


    1) It deals with different body types. That is probably the unique selling point of this product. It’s not a one size fits all method. This is for the extremely goal oriented person who wants fast results without wasting time. The Customized Fat Loss program will shed the fats in no time at all.

    2) It comes with a money back guarantee. A definite sign that this product is a safe investment and worth every cent.

    3) You’re taught to eat in a manner that is appropriate for your age and body type. This is specialized information that is only available from a qualified nutritionist. Kyle gives excellent information here.

    4) You’re taught to lose weight without sacrificing precious muscle. Forget the hours of mind numbing cardio sessions that will make you lose weight but you’ll end up looking drawn out and scrawny. You want to look fit and healthy and not like someone who has been starved, washed and hung out to dry.

    The Customized Fat Loss program will melt off your fat and leave you looking absolutely healthy and fit.


    The Bad Points:

    1) This is a Kyle Leon product so you can bet that there is a ton of info here. This may lead to information overload. Do not rush through it. People often want to rush through it and the info in this massive product will leave them overwhelmed. Take your time.

    2) As with most online programs, you’ll need an internet connection and computer to purchase the product and read it.

    3) The program is not really for inexperienced people or newbies.

    Should You Get It?

    If you want a thorough understanding of fat loss and how to maximize your fat loss based on your body type, then yes, this product is for you.

    If you’re into bodybuilding and you have gained quite a bit of muscle and at the same time gained some fat (which is perfectly normal), you may wish to burn off the unnecessary fat to look more ripped. Then, this program is definitely for you. It was made for you.


    >>> Get Customized Fat Loss Now <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9840979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    the vest selling reviews are called inside look reviews where you actually take them through the product and show them table of contents......step by step........never fails....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9841505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Simple. Look at great reviews written by others. Pay attention to their structure and emotional triggers. Be mindful of how they guide the reader through the L-K-T process.

    Once you have a clear idea of how these reviews work, take it to the next level by adding your own personality to the mix.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9841513].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author justicejr
    Tips for write clickbank product review
    How does product solve people's problem?
    Testimonial
    Don't afraid to write negative of the product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9845660].message }}

Trending Topics