4 replies
Hi there

I just received echeques for my WSO through my paypal.

And paypal has a red flag there, and it says in detail that it will take 4-5 business days to clear, and they advice not to deliver items until it is cleared.

But with membership sites, is this possible?
Once an echeque payment is made, its considered a payment and they get access right away right?

* is not that i dont trust this guy, [if you are reading this] its just that i never received this b4.
#echeques #risky
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    an echeque happens if the person doesn't have enough in their paypal account to fund the purchase so it is taken from their bank account. That is why you have to wait.
    If there wasn't money in their bank account, Paypal wouldn't approve it so you should get your money in a few days.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8072083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Most of the echecks I've gotten have not cleared. I don't want them and wouldn't send product if it is paid by echeck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8072329].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Newbieee
      Originally Posted by laurencewins View Post

      an echeque happens if the person doesn't have enough in their paypal account to fund the purchase so it is taken from their bank account. That is why you have to wait.
      If there wasn't money in their bank account, Paypal wouldn't approve it so you should get your money in a few days.
      Oh okay. Cos i thought if there is no balance, paypal will deduct from the bank but its instant. Well at least for mine. I linked my debit card.

      Thanks for the info

      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      Most of the echecks I've gotten have not cleared. I don't want them and wouldn't send product if it is paid by echeck.
      but mine is a membership site, where once it receive payment it will grant access isnt it? Is not like i can control the delivery because its not sent manually. :confused:
      Signature
      Pain is a perception, so is defeat & happiness!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8073274].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Newbieee View Post

        Oh okay. Cos i thought if there is no balance, paypal will deduct from the bank but its instant. Well at least for mine. I linked my debit card.

        Thanks for the info



        but mine is a membership site, where once it receive payment it will grant access isnt it? Is not like i can control the delivery because its not sent manually. :confused:
        Well, yes you can control it. You can refund the echeck and delete the member and inform them that you don't accept echecks or tell them you will manually add them when it clears.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8073641].message }}

Trending Topics