900+ daily unique visitors in 35 days, what should I do now? Need serious help

9 replies
I've made a new blog on Samsung Galaxy S5 - galaxys5us.com. It gets 900+ unique daily visits (mostly from US) and around 1800+ page views daily, and has got RANK 1 in Google for main keyword: "galaxy S5" (and top ranks for many more keywords) and its age is just 35 days. I have put up adsense ads on it, but the revenue is not so good. Need serious help from your side, how should I monetize this blog. The traffic is increasing day by day and I'm doing some steady backlinking.

Some of my friends suggest I do CPA with it, and add a call to action in sidebar. I don't know which programs to use or if my theme is good enough to create sufficient leads for affiliate programming. I have also been getting soms strong backlinks from foreign forums and sites occasionally.

Need serious help from your side, how to go about this domain. Many thanks.
#900 #daily #days #serious #suggestions #unique #visitors
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
    Do you have permission to use Samsungs 'Galaxy' brand in your domain name? Uh oh!

    Is the phone on pre-sale anywhere like Amazon already? You could add an affiliate link to it.

    What was your plan?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8099254].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gauravthegeek
      I think, Galaxy is not a brand name, since it refers to many other things like "group of stars" etc.. No, this is a smartphone, which will be launching next year, so preorders are not yet available.

      I am looking forward to ideas, on what I can do best with this domain and this much amount of traffic (it will increase rapidly in coming days). May be, some ideas on redoing the design of the site.. Also, which would be the best affiliates for smartphone gadgets?
      Signature

      A blog dedicated to upcoming beast smartphone Samsung Galaxy S5: http://galaxys5us.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8099422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author phowell23
    I honestly would not try to sell anything off that domain. You are using a trademarked name in your domain name and if you try to sell anything off it Samsung could request all of the revenue plus penalties as well as the website + domain name itself. Don't risk it.

    Galaxy is related to a group of stars...but your site is all about the Galaxy S5 phone.

    Galaxy S, is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
    Signature

    Stop wasting time. Just do it!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8099423].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gauravthegeek
      Originally Posted by phowell23 View Post

      I honestly would not try to sell anything off that domain. You are using a trademarked name in your domain name and if you try to sell anything off it Samsung could request all of the revenue plus penalties as well as the website + domain name itself. Don't risk it.

      Galaxy is related to a group of stars...but your site is all about the Galaxy S5 phone.

      Galaxy S, is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
      Oh! I didn't know that seriously. Thanks for the information. But few of my friends have successfully run blogs with trademark names & they don't get noticed by the company, for example: samsunggalaxysiv.com got huge traffic in past few months, and was started by my friend. Has there been any cases of people getting penalty by companies for use of such names?
      Signature

      A blog dedicated to upcoming beast smartphone Samsung Galaxy S5: http://galaxys5us.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8099888].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author phowell23
        Originally Posted by gauravthegeek View Post

        Oh! I didn't know that seriously. Thanks for the information. But few of my friends have successfully run blogs with trademark names & they don't get noticed by the company, for example: samsunggalaxysiv.com got huge traffic in past few months, and was started by my friend. Has there been any cases of people getting penalty by companies for use of such names?
        It's a risk that you'll have to decide on your own if it's worth it or not. For me, I wouldn't, mainly because the company can come after you even after you sold / got rid of the domain.

        As far as examples, there are several...just search for "____ (insert any company here) trademark domain" and you'll have plenty of reading material.

        Also, if you haven't seen these yet here are some good reading material URL's from NamePros (largest domain name forum) and of course from the WarriorForum here:

        Consequences of Registering Trademark Domains - NamePros.com

        http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ain-names.html

        "Apple Seizes 16 domain names from a guy in one swoop": http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/07/apple-domain-names/

        Again it's your decision but I would prefer to stay on the legal side of things.
        Signature

        Stop wasting time. Just do it!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8099960].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FA8891
    you have a big unused right space ads in your blog, why you are using only one adsense ad ??
    try to add two others i your main page (no more than 3 adsense per page), and add some affiliate links to the right sidebar,in the same time separate your ads to be good looking with content.
    Finally add a small banner ad to the header (make more than 10 banners in rotation)
    Do the above suggestions and your w'll get a minimum of 15% more revenue .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8099528].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gauravthegeek
      Originally Posted by FA8891 View Post

      you have a big unused right space ads in your blog, why you are using only one adsense ad ??
      try to add two others i your main page (no more than 3 adsense per page), and add some affiliate links to the right sidebar,in the same time separate your ads to be good looking with content.
      Finally add a small banner ad to the header (make more than 10 banners in rotation)
      Do the above suggestions and your w'll get a minimum of 15% more revenue .
      Thanks for the advise. I am new to adsense, but will make the above changes. Could you please also tell me, which three places on a post page of blog, adsense ads would be most appropriate to set? Like I'm using right now above and below the blog post and in right sidebar. Would you recommended using one of them in header? I've also seen some people using one ad in between the content.
      Signature

      A blog dedicated to upcoming beast smartphone Samsung Galaxy S5: http://galaxys5us.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8099872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Curtis2011
    Originally Posted by gauravthegeek View Post

    I've made a new blog on Samsung Galaxy S5 - galaxys5us.com. It gets 900+ unique daily visits (mostly from US) and around 1800+ page views daily, and has got RANK 1 in Google for main keyword: "galaxy S5" (and top ranks for many more keywords) and its age is just 35 days. I have put up adsense ads on it, but the revenue is not so good. Need serious help from your side, how should I monetize this blog. The traffic is increasing day by day and I'm doing some steady backlinking.

    Some of my friends suggest I do CPA with it, and add a call to action in sidebar. I don't know which programs to use or if my theme is good enough to create sufficient leads for affiliate programming. I have also been getting soms strong backlinks from foreign forums and sites occasionally.

    Need serious help from your side, how to go about this domain. Many thanks.
    Try selling electronics via Amazon affiliate links.

    Or, try changing the theme to one that is designed for better Adsense performance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8099975].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gauravthegeek
      Originally Posted by Curtis2011 View Post

      Try selling electronics via Amazon affiliate links.

      Or, try changing the theme to one that is designed for better Adsense performance.
      It might sound like a silly question, but where should Affiliate links be put on the site, for maximum performance and in what way?

      Could you suggest me some nice tech-theme for maximum adsense revenues.

      Thanks for replying here to my queries.
      Signature

      A blog dedicated to upcoming beast smartphone Samsung Galaxy S5: http://galaxys5us.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8100030].message }}

Trending Topics