- I do not do any hard teaching in my email marketing
- I do not hard sell more than once per week, however I soft sell very often
- Use a catchy title. Using innuendo, questions & comedy in your titles will increase the open rate of your emails. For example, one my my emails entitled "More booty than J-Lo" had an open rate of 60%, an example of innuendo in action. Another email (on a fitness list that I have) entitled "What do frogs and abs have in common" had a 40% open rate.
- Tell a story or link the point that you are trying to make to popular culture and figures. Even though your email might contain some good info, if it is bland then your readers may not even finish reading it. Make then chuckle.
- Drop in a golden nugget. This is a principle or a concept, this is what I prefer over hard teaching. It can be a sentence or a paragraph, very easily done. Don't forget, a concept that may seem simple to us might be a game changer for your readers.
- Monetize each email. As stated above, I only hard sell once a week or so. However, soft selling is something that I do several times per week. At the bottom of each email i'll place a related product banner (with my affiliate link embedded) with 'proudly sponsors my newsletter' or 'we proudly recommend' and a couple of other variations. This way you're in effect selling without selling.
Anyway, I thought that it might be of some benefit. Cheers guys.