The Mystery Of Getting The Right Traffic

18 replies
Everything is about traffic! If you can get the right visitors to your offer who want to buy what you are offering, you will be making a good living.

The way I calculate it, I need a minimum of 30K good targeted traffic per day to do anything meaningful in this business.

I am looking forward to your comments on how to achieve this.

Of course, we all know the methods to get traffic: PPC, Solo Ads, Email List, Social Marketing, SE Traffic!

However, what if you are doing all of the above but the result is not optimal?

I would like to hear from people who are making at least $10K PROFIT per month and are willing to give away a little bit of their real secret of HOW TO GET THE RIGHT TRAFFIC.
#mystery #profit and loss #succes guaranteed #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author Horny Devil
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Joe Ray View Post

    I would like to hear from people who are making at least $10K PROFIT per month and are willing to give away a little bit of their real secret of HOW TO GET THE RIGHT TRAFFIC.
    And what are you offering in return?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108210].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joe Ray
      Originally Posted by Horny Devil View Post

      And what are you offering in return?
      Of course, I can offer value for value. If you have the answer, and your answer will help me create value in my business, I will be happy to pay!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108228].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Lowenthal
      The fact is YOU are not THEM. All caps for extreme emphasis only.

      but

      Its the truth, all those guys making 10k a month could be doing things you can't do do, wont do, or cant even afford to do.

      They make that money because their is no THING they do to get it, they just do it.

      10k a month is a fantastic and yet very real goal but it is something that is built into not just gotten.

      If you want to get there the questions you need to ask yourself are more or less in line with what ALL CAN YOU DO to get it.

      I have always found it easy to replicate the target audience as much as possible and think and pursue in the way they would.

      Then I couple that with some good ol fashioned market research using the usual statistics portals.

      Spend more time doing instead of trying.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108229].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Horny Devil
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Joshua Lowenthal View Post

        Its the truth, all those guys making 10k a month could be doing things you can't do do, wont do, or cant even afford to do.
        Wise words from a head on young shoulders. You'll go far.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108256].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Benjamin Ehinger
        Originally Posted by Joshua Lowenthal View Post

        The fact is YOU are not THEM. All caps for extreme emphasis only.

        but

        Its the truth, all those guys making 10k a month could be doing things you can't do do, wont do, or cant even afford to do.

        They make that money because their is no THING they do to get it, they just do it.

        10k a month is a fantastic and yet very real goal but it is something that is built into not just gotten.

        If you want to get there the questions you need to ask yourself are more or less in line with what ALL CAN YOU DO to get it.

        I have always found it easy to replicate the target audience as much as possible and think and pursue in the way they would.

        Then I couple that with some good ol fashioned market research using the usual statistics portals.

        Spend more time doing instead of trying.
        Well said! Getting the right type of traffic matters far more than getting massive amounts of it. The methods used to get what is considered the RIGHT traffic can vary greatly, depending on the offer.

        There's no single answer or so-called secret.

        Benjamin Ehinger
        Signature
        Ready to Explode your Content Marketing?

        Discover How to Increase Revenues with My Complete SEO Content Strategy Here!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108392].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ken Soszka
        Originally Posted by Joshua Lowenthal View Post

        Spend more time doing instead of trying.
        That is the key. In this business it's easy to get lost in the endless sea of information and spend all of your time reading about what you can do someday.

        Well, guess what? Someday was yesterday. It's today, and tomorrow too. Just do it!!
        Signature

        Try My Free List Building 6-Pack - Click Here.
        Learn How to Build a Big Targeted Email List - FAST!
        www.ListBuilding6Pack.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108585].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rudy Zinga
        Originally Posted by Joshua Lowenthal View Post

        The fact is YOU are not THEM. All caps for extreme emphasis only.

        but

        Its the truth, all those guys making 10k a month could be doing things you can't do do, wont do, or cant even afford to do.

        They make that money because their is no THING they do to get it, they just do it.

        10k a month is a fantastic and yet very real goal but it is something that is built into not just gotten.

        If you want to get there the questions you need to ask yourself are more or less in line with what ALL CAN YOU DO to get it.

        I have always found it easy to replicate the target audience as much as possible and think and pursue in the way they would.

        Then I couple that with some good ol fashioned market research using the usual statistics portals.

        Spend more time doing instead of trying.
        I totally agree with Joshua on this... Internet Marketing has a process that needs to be followed well to get results... and it's only by applying that's when you get to learn.

        30k of targeted traffic a day is a lot of traffic but it want come to you if you don't understand your market... The real secret to traffic is by understanding and doing proper market research. Entering your prospect mind by understanding their NEEDS & WANTS and then building your marketing around that.

        Everything else your talking about like.. SEO, PPC, SOLO ADS, SOCIAL NETWORKS...etc... This are just channels to reach and communicate with your prospects...

        Without proper Market Research it doesn't matter if you do get that 30k targeted traffic you want, if you don't know how to communicate with them your 10k per month dream want happen any time soon...

        Learn what your prospect wants and desires are with proper market research then use the channels that are available to you to communicate with them in a way that gives them results or relief and benefit to their emotional pain... trust me, you want need 30k traffic a day to make your 10k per month if you do this...

        I hope this helps a little...

        Go and apply... the learning never stops...its an ongoing process
        Signature
        The Strategic Lifestyle
        A Shortcut To A Highly Profitable Online Business

        http://thestrategiclifestyle.com/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8115874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
    30,000 targeted traffic a day is a lot. Maybe you started the wrong sort of site if that's what you need to make money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108275].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Horny Devil
      Banned
      It all depends on the type of traffic you're looking for . . . and the product/service you're offering.

      I can reach 10m+ a day, and receive 1m+ hits as a result. But would that help you if I told you how? Post or PM me your target market and we'll see if there's any chance of the rabbit getting out of the hutch.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Ray
    I agree with the concept to "spend more time doing instead of trying".

    I am doing a lot and I am getting some results. However, I do need to get some good advise to save some time and money. Good advise is not so easy to get! I am going to find good people to work with, learn from and co-operate with.

    A small team can accomplish more in one year than I could, by myself, in an entire lifetime.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108634].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NewWarrio2
      There are like 15 ways to create backlinks
      try to get on the first page of google, bing, and yahoo
      dont stop once you are on the front page, keep building on that foundation
      10k per month wont come overnight, it will take time
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108659].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chris Silvey
      Clickbank example

      1. Find a product that is popular, has high gravity. Yes you want competition.
      2. Look for reacurring payments is a good bonus.
      3. Use Google Keyword tool to see if there is a market and to which keywords to use.
      4. Optional - Build a Squeeze page highlighting features with optin box and reroute to offer. This way you will be able to promote similar products if the user buys or not.
      5. Don't just stick with one ppc network. Do a test on each network. Some networks can be over saturated.
      6. Keep track of ROI
      7. If tests come out positive then do a roll out.
      Signature
      WP Animate - Increases Conversions & Clicks!
      Create Amazing CSS3 Animations in just a few Clicks - New!

      WPHeadline.net - Create Blazing Headlines in just a few clicks. Updated to WordPress 4.1.1
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RockNRolla
    30k 'good targeted traffic per day' will either take a lot of time and effort or a lot of expense. I'll assume you don't have the funds to buy that traffic, so if you want to get it by sheer hard work, you're going to have to put the hours in generating traffic from free sources and producing high quality content that people will want to share.

    Good luck if you decide to take the plunge and do it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MartinPlatt
    30K traffic per day is a fair amount of traffic.

    The fact that you're here asking these questions means that you don't have any?

    Nice to have good goals, but why don't we start off with what you're currently getting, and how to move that number toward what you want? There are many steps that you will need to take, and things that you will need to learn before you get that amount of traffic to your site.

    You could make a reasonable living off of a whole lot less, if you do it right.

    The super affiliates have teams of people and spend a lot of money getting that sort of traffic - you'd need to be in a competitive niche, and be constantly working, hence the need for a team.

    You also have to consider what happens with the traffic? The traffic needs to be targeted, and you need to be able to convert that traffic into sales. If everyone goes to you site, and it has poorly written content, or just doesn't offer value, people will leave, in which case you're wasting a lot of traffic.

    So instead you should try to get 100 people a day to your site, then 200, then 500, all the time improving your ability to convert people to sales.

    And the other thing you need to do, that will massively reduce the need for such a large amount of traffic, is to build a list from that traffic. Then you can sell again, and again...
    Signature

    Martin Platt

    martin-platt.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8108901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joe Ray
      Originally Posted by MartinPlatt View Post

      30K traffic per day is a fair amount of traffic.

      The fact that you're here asking these questions means that you don't have any?

      Nice to have good goals, but why don't we start off with what you're currently getting, and how to move that number toward what you want? There are many steps that you will need to take, and things that you will need to learn before you get that amount of traffic to your site.

      You could make a reasonable living off of a whole lot less, if you do it right.

      The super affiliates have teams of people and spend a lot of money getting that sort of traffic - you'd need to be in a competitive niche, and be constantly working, hence the need for a team.

      You also have to consider what happens with the traffic? The traffic needs to be targeted, and you need to be able to convert that traffic into sales. If everyone goes to you site, and it has poorly written content, or just doesn't offer value, people will leave, in which case you're wasting a lot of traffic.

      So instead you should try to get 100 people a day to your site, then 200, then 500, all the time improving your ability to convert people to sales.

      And the other thing you need to do, that will massively reduce the need for such a large amount of traffic, is to build a list from that traffic. Then you can sell again, and again...
      Thanks very much for your reply.

      I have about 500 good targeted visitors a day from which I get between 10 - 20 opt in to my free membership list and I get some conversion on the offer. This makes me about $200 per month.

      Therefore, this is now a traffic issue. If I could get 30K visitors a day instead of the 500 I would be happy.

      This is just a test site for me to learn. I have used it to learn how to do this stuff and I know a lot more than I did a year ago. I am actually having fun with this. However, one of the most important things I learned is that whatever offer I promote, it will come down to this one question: how to get the right traffic and how do I get it fast?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8109153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Willie Crawford
    30k visitors per day is a lot... if your goal is $10k per month.

    It sort of sounds like you're selling the wrong thing, and
    should go bigger ticket. Then it's really just a matter of
    figuring out where your ideal traffic is and standing in front
    of it.

    For example, for some of the products that I promote, most
    of my ideal customers are members of certain LinkedIn
    Groups. There, it's as simple as joining these groups and
    making posts to them in the right way, and at the right time...
    generally right before the digests are sent to group members.

    There's a little more to it than that, but it's fairly simple.

    Williel
    Signature

    Did You Realize That The Majority Of Launches FAIL?
    Here's how to do a wildly successful launch!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8115925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    900,000 uniques a month to 'make a living.'

    Have you ever heard of targeting?
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8116036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    If you do your marketing right you don't need nearly as many visitors I generate 500 to 700 visitors a day and generate up to $35,000 a month in sales.

    It's the ability to market and sell your product or service that determines your income not the amount of visitors you have, you can get 1 million visitors a day but if you suck at marketing and selling your offer then you won't make any money at all. Even with the best quality traffic there is you still have to know how to turn into sales
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8116211].message }}

Trending Topics