Is Any One Else Sick And Tired Of All The E-mails With The Sales Video Links??

23 replies
My e-mail box has been bombarded by countless e-mails form the so called "GURUS" with their videos showing them in fancy houses, driving fancy cars, and trying to tell me that they are making millions online(which might be true as there is no way for me to verify). What I know however is that the system or the software they are trying to sell me is not what is making them money. The funny thing is they all come at you with the same story. They all were laid off and had nothing, they all found a very simple and easy way to make so much money online, they all know that all the other GURUS are fake, they all have people that they don't know and never meat before show us on video how simple it is to make money, all the guests have to do is press 3 or 4 buttons and all of them have their guests check back within few hours to find hundreds of dollars in their accounts already.
Today, I got 1 more video, but this was a little different. this guy is a little smarter than the rest of them I guess lol. As he tells you everything is free, you don't have to shell a penny for his system, as he makes money when you make money. So, I said finally it looks like there are still some legit people out there, it makes sense right, he is not selling you anything and he'll make money only when you make money(which is what I have been looking for forever). So I signed in, and got to the next page where of course you are being asked to pay some money, not because he needs my money, just to cover the expenses of the company he hired to create the money making website and all the usual excuses. So I guess, the games go on.
#emails #links #sales #sick #tired #video
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    HEy, before you go on your rant, you must realise 3 things.

    1) No one has a gun to your head saying "Hey beetch watch this"

    2) Do you think they would be using sales video if they did not work.

    and

    3) If if does not feel right do not buy it, and do not come here complaining about it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124392].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eeeasyas12345
      Originally Posted by celente View Post

      HEy, before you go on your rant, you must realise 3 things.

      1) No one has a gun to your head saying "Hey beetch watch this"

      2) Do you think they would be using sales video if they did not work.

      and

      3) If if does not feel right do not buy it, and do not come here complaining about it.
      So I guess there is no freedom of speech here. I never said any one put a gun to my head I am just sick and tired of all the BS. Secondly, I don't know what is it to you, not wanting me to talk about it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124409].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
        Originally Posted by eeeasyas12345 View Post

        So I guess there is no freedom of speech here. I never said any one put a gun to my head I am just sick and tired of all the BS. Secondly, I don't know what is it to you, not wanting me to talk about it.
        We've heard it all before, many times. It serves no purpose other than insight into your character.
        Signature
        Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
        All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124425].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author celente
        Originally Posted by eeeasyas12345 View Post

        So I guess there is no freedom of speech here. I never said any one put a gun to my head I am just sick and tired of all the BS. Secondly, I don't know what is it to you, not wanting me to talk about it.
        I love responses to posts like this.

        What purpose does it serve to come here and spread your frustration.

        This section of the warrior forum is called internet marketing discussion for a reason.... NOT the I got scammed, or bought crap and thought I would rant to a little in here to make me feel better! :p
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124437].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author eeeasyas12345
          Originally Posted by celente View Post

          I love responses to posts like this.

          What purpose does it serve to come here and spread your frustration.

          This section of the warrior forum is called internet marketing discussion for a reason.... NOT the I got scammed, or bought crap and thought I would rant to a little in here to make me feel better! :p
          I thought this was all about IM DISCUSSION, and I never got scammed as every single product that I paid for and was useless, I got a refund for every penny I paid. it is just the principle, that is why I am talking about it. One more thing if you think that I might scare away potential customers of yours, there is no need for you to worry as I am only talking about FAKE GURUS and I am sure you are not one of them.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124451].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by eeeasyas12345 View Post

            Is Any One Else Sick And Tired Of All The E-mails With The Sales Video Links??
            I don't receive them - I guess we make very different decisions about what we subscribe to.

            Originally Posted by eeeasyas12345 View Post

            every single product that I paid for and was useless, I got a refund for every penny I paid.
            I guess we make some different buying decisions, too, then.

            I'm guessing that the thing to which we react so differently is "income claims"? I don't give them 3 seconds of my time or attention.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8125717].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Kurt
              Originally Posted by eeeasyas12345 View Post

              So I guess there is no freedom of speech here. I never said any one put a gun to my head I am just sick and tired of all the BS. Secondly, I don't know what is it to you, not wanting me to talk about it.
              Originally Posted by Mikaedi88 View Post

              Thanks @eeeasyas12345..to members like Rogue, I would have though that there is such a thing as freedom of speech, maybe not, unless it suits certain members.

              The net is full of so-called GURU's and others wanting to sell you their products or offers, so the original post is fine by my book without being insulting and questioning one's character.
              This forum is private property, therefore there is no "freedom of speech", other than Allen's. You are "free" to start your own website and say what you want there.

              However, let's assume there is "freedom of speech" here. If you post something, wouldn't that "freedom of speech" apply to others as well and allow them to criticize your comments? Or are you only interested in your own "freedom of speech" and not the "rights" of others?

              It seems you want your cake and to eat mine too.
              Signature
              Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
              Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8125730].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author eeeasyas12345
                Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

                This forum is private property, therefore there is no "freedom of speech", other than Allen's. You are "free" to start your own website and say what you want there.

                However, let's assume there is "freedom of speech" here. If you post something, wouldn't that "freedom of speech" apply to others as well and allow them to criticize your comments? Or are you only interested in your own "freedom of speech" and not the "rights" of others?

                It seems you want your cake and to eat mine too.
                As far as I am concerned, there is freedom of speech here and any where in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (now if you live in a different country you can follow your country's guidelines), and if Allen doesn't believe in that he would've closed the thread already. Secondly, show me exactly where I said you cannot criticize my comments, I only answered people who said I shouldn't post this here. Once again, to all the GURUS, if you are selling legit products, you shouldn't see this as a threat to you, now every one that does not want me to talk about this is making me think twice that maybe they are doing exactly what I said earlier.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8125983].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by eeeasyas12345 View Post

                  As far as I am concerned, there is freedom of speech here and any where in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
                  You seriously expect unfettered freedom of speech in a privately owned forum?! Maybe you should open your own, then. (For that matter, try standing on a street corner and using your "freedom of speech" to incite racial or religious hatred, or civil riot, and see how far that gets you. My guess is that it'll get you all the way to the hoosegow.)
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8126020].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author eeeasyas12345
                    Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

                    You seriously expect unfettered freedom of speech in a privately owned forum?! Maybe you should open your own, then. (For that matter, try standing on a street corner and using your "freedom of speech" to incite racial or religious hatred, or civil riot, and see how far that gets you.)
                    Once again, my post is not directed at all people making honest living online, it only applies to every deceiving person trying to trick people into buying products that don't deliver anything they promise you, and to MS ALEXA, I am not crazy to stand on a street corner and use my freedom of speech rights to incite racial or religious hatred, I don't see the comparison here. I use my rights rightfully, i do not abuse them.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8126096].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Kurt
                  Originally Posted by eeeasyas12345 View Post

                  As far as I am concerned, there is freedom of speech here and any where in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (now if you live in a different country you can follow your country's guidelines), and if Allen doesn't believe in that he would've closed the thread already. Secondly, show me exactly where I said you cannot criticize my comments, I only answered people who said I shouldn't post this here. Once again, to all the GURUS, if you are selling legit products, you shouldn't see this as a threat to you, now every one that does not want me to talk about this is making me think twice that maybe they are doing exactly what I said earlier.
                  As far as I'm concerned, and the First Amendment is concerned, you don't have freedom of speech any where in the USA.

                  I suggest if you are actually so concerned about "freedom of speech" in the USA, you actually read the First Amendment. I'll help you out:


                  Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
                  Freedom of speech is limited to CONGRESS (the US gov) restricting what you say. Your boss can restrict your speech and if you come to my home, I can toss you out for any reason. It's MY freedom of speech in my home that matters, not your's. Deal with it.

                  Your claim that you can say anything you want, any where you want shows how little respect you truly have for "freedom of speech". According to you, I have the right to put a sign supporting who I want for president on your lawn, regardless of who you support.

                  You also are claiming I have a right to voice my opinion on all of your websites. Please send me your passwords to all your sites so I can exercise my "rights".

                  You should be glad the that your freedom of speech actually means you can control what you say on your own sites and in your home and business.

                  And secondly, you implied you were only concerned about your own "rights" by your comments by mentioning your "rights" when someone disagreed with you. You forgot to mention their rights.

                  and if Allen doesn't believe in that he would've closed the thread already.
                  You obviously lack basic reasoning and logic skills.
                  Signature
                  Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
                  Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8126043].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author eeeasyas12345
                    Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

                    As far as I'm concerned, and the First Amendment is concerned, you don't have freedom of speech any where in the USA.

                    I suggest if you are actually so concerned about "freedom of speech" in the USA, you actually read the First Amendment. I'll help you out:



                    Freedom of speech is limited to CONGRESS (the US gov) restricting what you say. Your boss can restrict your speech and if you come to my home, I can toss you out for any reason. It's MY freedom of speech in my home that matters, not your's. Deal with it.

                    Your claim that you can say anything you want, any where you want shows how little respect you truly have for "freedom of speech". According to you, I have the right to put a sign supporting who I want for president on your lawn, regardless of who you support.

                    You also are claiming I have a right to voice my opinion on all of your websites. Please send me your passwords to all your sites so I can exercise my "rights".

                    You should be glad the that your freedom of speech actually means you can control what you say on your own sites and in your home and business.

                    And secondly, you implied you were only concerned about your own "rights" by your comments by mentioning your "rights" when someone disagreed with you. You forgot to mention their rights.



                    You obviously lack basic reasoning and logic skills.
                    I agree with you 100%, you can throw me out of your house for no reason, and Allen and only Allen can tell me what to post here and what not to post, thank you.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8126188].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author daftdog
                      Your all like a little bunch of bitchy little girls...

                      Do some work.

                      OP - manage your subscriptions better!
                      Signature
                      MMO Product Reviews, Bonus Products and Marketing News!!
                      The Wolf of Online Marketing
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8126738].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Curtis2011
        Originally Posted by eeeasyas12345 View Post

        So I guess there is no freedom of speech here. I never said any one put a gun to my head I am just sick and tired of all the BS. Secondly, I don't know what is it to you, not wanting me to talk about it.
        The thing about good marketing is that it will usually seem like BS to people who see it who are not part of the target market, but to the target market it will seem like gold. This is because the marketing is 100% focused on appealing to the target market and 0% focused on appealing to the general population.

        Chances are high that many of these sales pages that are all kind of the same are making the most money by selling to IM noobs who haven't been around the block and who don't know that 90% of the "make money online" systems out there are crap.

        To these noobs, the promises of "I was homeless until I discovered this easy button to click that gives you $1M USD overnight" probably sounds very enticing.

        It takes getting burned a few times before people learn the lesson to be more discriminating in what IM products they purchase.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8125990].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author pdrs
        Originally Posted by eeeasyas12345 View Post

        So I guess there is no freedom of speech here. I never said any one put a gun to my head I am just sick and tired of all the BS. Secondly, I don't know what is it to you, not wanting me to talk about it.
        lol, there is *plenty* of free speech here, as in warriors will freely tell you what they think of you/your post/your ideas (trust me I know!). I've started a bitch thread or two, they always go south, lick your wounds and move on.
        Signature
        RemoteControlHelicopterReviews.(com/net) - Up for sale! No reasonable offer refused. Great branding for a super hot niche!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8127460].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
    So I guess, the games go on.
    Is there a point to this? Or do you just enjoy posting old, old news?:confused:
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124394].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    the reason gurus do this is because it works. YEs, there are alway scammers spammers out there.

    if you are trying to make money online, there is a HUGE valuable lesson there. Its not DO WHAT I SAY....its do what I do. I have learnt so much about HOW the gurus market to me, rather than buy some of the drivel out there. Do not get me wrong, three are good products, and membership sites, but I do agree with you, there is some serious crap out in the IM-sphere.

    I know building lists, sending emails, and video sales letters convert about 300% better than anything else, so most days this is what I spend doing. And no I am not talking about the IM niche, my main niches are wayyyy outside the IM niche. :-)

    So instead, turn a negative into a positive. Do not get angry at this, think to yourself....self... how are they marketing, why and what sources.... When you reverse engineer the gurus, watch the money come to your inbox fairly quickly.

    Just saying.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124504].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Plugin Profits
      So the idea is to follow in their footsteps to become a dodgy, lying con artist yourself so you can make as much as they do by misleading people? No thanks!

      All that fake junk might 'work' the best, though it's still morally reprehensible.

      I think the better way is to make yourself stand out from that crowd by being the opposite and honest and build up a great reputation. With everyone getting more and more skeptical of that junk, you'll be positioned high above them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124570].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marie Cody
    Originally Posted by eeeasyas12345 View Post

    My e-mail box has been bombarded by countless e-mails form the so called "GURUS" with their videos showing them in fancy houses, driving fancy cars, and trying to tell me that they are making millions online(which might be true as there is no way for me to verify). What I know however is that the system or the software they are trying to sell me is not what is making them money. The funny thing is they all come at you with the same story. They all were laid off and had nothing, they all found a very simple and easy way to make so much money online, they all know that all the other GURUS are fake, they all have people that they don't know and never meat before show us on video how simple it is to make money, all the guests have to do is press 3 or 4 buttons and all of them have their guests check back within few hours to find hundreds of dollars in their accounts already.
    Today, I got 1 more video, but this was a little different. this guy is a little smarter than the rest of them I guess lol. As he tells you everything is free, you don't have to shell a penny for his system, as he makes money when you make money. So, I said finally it looks like there are still some legit people out there, it makes sense right, he is not selling you anything and he'll make money only when you make money(which is what I have been looking for forever). So I signed in, and got to the next page where of course you are being asked to pay some money, not because he needs my money, just to cover the expenses of the company he hired to create the money making website and all the usual excuses. So I guess, the games go on.
    Hi, you have to unsuscribed to them. It's okay if they can really help you with much of their offers. But for the solution for this and I think the best thing to do, you have to block or unsubscribe to them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124896].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndrewStark
    I learnt a long time ago to stop wasting my time with this sort of crap.

    Chances are that everything you see is rented, and there's certain phrases that will let you know straight away that the "guru" is aiming at the newbie with a fresh credit card waiting to be maxed out on stuff they don't need.

    If you do ever decide that you like selling to newbies then watch them and then realise the reason that actors are used is that you wouldn't want your own details associated with this grey area of the law.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8125679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mikaedi88
    Thanks @eeeasyas12345..to members like Rogue, I would have though that there is such a thing as freedom of speech, maybe not, unless it suits certain members.

    The net is full of so-called GURU's and others wanting to sell you their products or offers, so the original post is fine by my book without being insulting and questioning one's character.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8125708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author igorGriffiths
    So the morals of the story were simply buyer beware and stop trusting everything you read and see.

    In every industry there are people who will push the limits and congrats to them for allowing us to see where the boundaries lie whilst we stay a few steps back.

    Of course many of them will push too hard and either bring a ton of regulation upon themselves or all of us but that will always be the case.

    We just like all other businesses are duty bound to increase our profits whilst reducing our liabilities where you stand in the application of this
    activity is one for your conscience and local laws.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8126702].message }}

Trending Topics