Suspended from YouTube - Would Should I Do Next...?

25 replies
Just got this notice as below today in relation to one video - what does this "suspension" mean...have I lost my account for good or will they automatically reinstate after a time or do I need to do anything? Please help if you can as I have just lost the majority of my traffic


Your access to this Google product has been suspended because of a perceived violation of either the Google Terms Of Service or product-specific Terms of Service. For specific product guidelines, please visit the homepage of each Google product you're interested in for a link to its Terms of Service.
Next steps for suspended accounts: If you believe your access to this product was suspended in error contact us.

Just got this notice today in relation to one video - what does this "suspension" mean...have I lost my account for good or will they automatically reinstate after a time or do I need to do anything? Please help if you can as I have just lost the majority of my traffic
#suspended #youtube
  • Profile picture of the author cit
    say goodbye to ur youtube acct, its gone forever hope your adsense is still alive , start workin new project or reupload other videos on new channel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155770].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Moneyland
      So a suspension is permanent :confused:

      One of my other accounts is still working, could I upload all the videos again just leaving out the video that was the problem?

      Would they be able to figure I have done this :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cit
    ys mostly do that re- upload on new channel and dont upload that one and start it again, i hope u had some money on ur addsense from that old YT acct
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155800].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Moneyland
      Originally Posted by cit View Post

      ys mostly do that re- upload on new channel and dont upload that one and start it again, i hope u had some money on ur addsense from that old YT acct

      Didn't have ad's on the account.

      I am just confused what the difference is between "suspended" and "terminated"

      If I upload to another channel and then they reinstate my account for some reason, is that likely?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155840].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
        Originally Posted by Moneyland View Post

        Didn't have ad's on the account.

        I am just confused what the difference is between "suspended" and "terminated"

        If I upload to another channel and then they reinstate my account for some reason, is that likely?
        Suspended means you can appeal. Termination means cancelled.

        However, a quick search online indicates they rarely reinstate suspended accounts.
        Signature
        Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155869].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Moneyland
          I have heard also that IF they ever reinstate, your account comes back with the video's deleted, does anyone know if this is the case?

          If it is then I may as well just upload to another account which I still have without an appeal :confused:

          Thanks again

          Thanks again
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    Looks like it's back to McDonald's for you. Better luck next time.
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author troy23
    Why do you think they deleted your account?
    Were you promoting something to do with make money online?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155927].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Moneyland
      Originally Posted by troy23 View Post

      Why do you think they deleted your account?
      Were you promoting something to do with make money online?
      Not make money. had a strike over 6 months ago as one video was flagged as spam and then they said there was another one. Just going to leave these problem vids and upload some of the others I have saved to another channel and to other sites as suggested above.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156035].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author livo
        I had my account terminated over two years ago and never bothered with YouTube again but a couple of weeks ago i came across a very well known Internet Marketer who incidentally i had previously been a member of his membership site.

        I remember he had his YouTube account terminated as did lots of other Internet Marketers.I sent him an email asking him how he got his account back and he replied just set up another account!

        Don`t know how long his account will last though this time?
        Signature


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156425].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Moneyland
          Originally Posted by livo View Post

          I had my account terminated over two years ago and never bothered with YouTube again but a couple of weeks ago i came across a very well known Internet Marketer who incidentally i had previously been a member of his membership site.

          I remember he had his YouTube account terminated as did lots of other Internet Marketers.I sent him an email asking him how he got his account back and he replied just set up another account!

          Don`t know how long his account will last though this time?
          Thanks I have another account and I am uploading - The fact of the matter is that this account I had suspending took over 2 years to really mature. It was only this year that I was getting some good rankings in esp in Google.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Leave Youtube alone and submit to Dailymotion, Metacafe, and Viddler. These are your next best options.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Although there are many people here and online telling others that they are making a killing with YouTube videos, the fact of the matter is that it would not be a good idea for anyone to promote their business solely on YouTube.

    They have mastered deleting and banning members for using their system to promote through videos.

    I have had one video deleted in the past.

    Never rely on them or any other strategy to promote your online business. Never put ALL your eggs into ONE basket. Always have multiple streams of traffic working for you at the same time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156443].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Moneyland
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      Although there are many people here and online telling others that they are making a killing with YouTube videos, the fact of the matter is that it would not be a good idea for anyone to promote their business solely on YouTube.

      They have mastered deleting and banning members for using their system to promote through videos.

      I have had one video deleted in the past.

      Never rely on them or any other strategy to promote your online business. Never put ALL your eggs into ONE basket. Always have multiple streams of traffic working for you at the same time.
      Thank you and I know I need to do this. I am a single parent with two young children and I desperately need to find the time to learn a new system as 90% of my online business is now gone

      I upload to Ezine and don't find this an easy game, my blog has been hit with various Google updates and never really recovered. I want to try some Bing ads but have such small a budget. Can anyone else just mention 1 good method of generating traffic that I can look into and try out :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156769].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Patrick
        Originally Posted by Moneyland View Post

        I am a single parent with two young children and I desperately need to find the time to learn a new system as 90% of my online business is now gone
        Never put all your eggs in one basket...

        About your issue, go back and try to figure out what "wrong" you did. Make sure you don't repeat it in other places. Maybe you should read the terms and condition page of these sites and understand what you can't do there, which is something 90% of the users don't read. Just 20 minutes of reading can save you 20 months of hard work.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156840].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
        Originally Posted by Moneyland View Post

        Thank you and I know I need to do this. I am a single parent with two young children and I desperately need to find the time to learn a new system as 90% of my online business is now gone

        I upload to Ezine and don't find this an easy game, my blog has been hit with various Google updates and never really recovered. I want to try some Bing ads but have such small a budget. Can anyone else just mention 1 good method of generating traffic that I can look into and try out :confused:
        Get your account into compliance and appeal.
        Signature
        Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156913].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Moneyland
          Originally Posted by PerformanceMan View Post

          Get your account into compliance and appeal.


          I could but I hear that in the rare instance they will reinstate an account it comes back without the videos deleted :confused:

          I don't know what I did wrong, they only mentioned one video. Not all of my videos were completely unique in the sense that I used to create slide show type videos for my product and often would change only about 50-60% of the slides each video to suit a KW.

          Should each video be completely unique?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156976].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
            Originally Posted by Moneyland View Post

            Not all of my videos were completely unique in the sense that I used to create slide show type videos for my product and often would change only about 50-60% of the slides each video to suit a KW.

            Should each video be completely unique?
            It appears you are spamming YouTube with junk videos. Consider having one good video for your product and getting rid of the rest before asking for your account to be looked at.

            ..
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8157416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aritrim
    Originally Posted by Moneyland View Post

    Just got this notice as below today in relation to one video - what does this "suspension" mean...have I lost my account for good or will they automatically reinstate after a time or do I need to do anything? Please help if you can as I have just lost the majority of my traffic


    Your access to this Google product has been suspended because of a perceived violation of either the Google Terms Of Service or product-specific Terms of Service. For specific product guidelines, please visit the homepage of each Google product you're interested in for a link to its Terms of Service.
    Next steps for suspended accounts: If you believe your access to this product was suspended in error contact us.

    Just got this notice today in relation to one video - what does this "suspension" mean...have I lost my account for good or will they automatically reinstate after a time or do I need to do anything? Please help if you can as I have just lost the majority of my traffic

    Did they mention any reason for the suspension? What exact violations? Is there a customer support that you can try contacting with?

    I do understand your frustration right now.
    Signature
    Add video to your website with EasyFLV: EasyFLV Web Video Player
    Works seamlessly on iPads, iPhones, iPods, and Android devices.

    Looking for a quality web design company? Visit Hexadesigns
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Igor Fridrihs
    Did they complaining about any of your videos and you did not delete it immediately? Forget about suspended account and create a new one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8159463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Clark
    Did you contact them as suggested or found another way to resolve your issue?
    Signature
    Make $5 every 10 minutes
    non-affiliate site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8161957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author drewfioravanti
    Stop spamming them. That would be a start.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8162002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Ning Lo
    Sorry about this..

    Create another channel and move on.

    Don't really only on Youtube for traffic.

    Cheers,

    Gary
    Signature
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8162133].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author igorGriffiths
      Sorry to hear about that however you have only been suspended so you do have some wriggle room although do not expect them to be to perceptive to your appeals.

      I was testing out an Amazon promotion strategy on a sacrificial youtube channel (linking via bit.ly to amazon), sure enough got told in no uncertain terms to never darken Google's door again, this also killed access to Adsense from any of my Google accounts.

      I am still allowed to post videos from the Google account that was directly linked to Adsense but monetization is no longer an option.

      As many others have pointed out there are far better options for video marketing that actually want your business on equal terms, not Google's cover all term and condition '...because we said so...'
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8162654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Moneyland
      Originally Posted by Gary Ning Lo View Post

      Sorry about this..

      Create another channel and move on.

      Don't really only on Youtube for traffic.

      Cheers,

      Gary

      I have another channel.. I am not sure if it is worth trying to upload some of my videos again or if it is better to start from scratch :confused: They only mentioned one problem video but I am wondering if YouTube would be able to tell the same videos have been uploaded in another account :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8162865].message }}

Trending Topics