FAIL Your Way to Success Like I Did...

17 replies
Hey guys. I don't know about you, but I
absolutely LOVE failing. I mean I really
get a kick out of failure.

Theres nothing like seeing the stats from
a newly launched product that I spent
weeks on... with only a crappy .5% conversion
rate.

And yet through years of failing and sucky
conversion rates....i've succeeded.

See...if you ever plan on getting to the point
where you're creating & launching your own
products...you're gonna need to learn how to fail FAST
and OFTEN.

Ok...so why in the hell should I FAIL?

Simple...the faster you fail, the faster you'll
know whats NOT working and the sooner you can
make adjustments(improve).

So yes...you should start LOVING crappy conversion
rates.

Launch'em,
Drive traffic to'em,
Track/evaluate 'em and
Make adjustments

Gotta jacked up conversion rate? CELEBRATE! YAYYYY for a sucky
conversion rate. Now go back.

Drive traffic
Track/evaluate
Make Adjustments

Wanna know something...I give myself an income boost
everyday by simply killing whats NOT working and doing
MORE of what is working.

Traffic + Conversions = Profit$
Testing + Tracking = Pay Rai$e






#fail #internet marketin #make money online #success
  • Profile picture of the author danmart
    Thanks for that post... There is a rule of Internet Marketing... "Failure is not an option, it is a certainty" The reason that most people fail in IM is because they experience a failure an give up, How many of us have never had a failure? Keep working through these failures and learn from them and you will succeed!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8172940].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shon Chris
      Originally Posted by danmart View Post

      Thanks for that post... There is a rule of Internet Marketing... "Failure is not an option, it is a certainty" The reason that most people fail in IM is because they experience a failure an give up, How many of us have never had a failure? Keep working through these failures and learn from them and you will succeed!
      Thanks Dan
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8172978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
    Hi Chris,

    TRACKING IS VITAL!

    Especially if you're driving lots of traffic from lots of different sources.

    Track your squeeze page conversions

    Track your OTO & up-sell conversions to see exactly where you're
    sales are coming from.

    Did you make more sales from the 1st, 2nd or even 10th email you
    sent out after someone has opted into your list?

    If email 10 is killing it for you, then push that to the front of the
    email sequence and you know that you can make your paid
    traffic investments back or even profit sooner rather then later.

    You can then re-invest and build & grow your list/online business
    faster than you ever could by flying blind!

    Great post Chris this is the LOVELY MEAT & POTATO stuff
    I love!

    Once you get into this testing it becomes a heart warming
    addiction.

    GET INTO IT

    GET ON

    Learn & allow your testing to tell you what works!

    NEVER ASSUME.

    TEST!

    All the best
    Gavin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8172954].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shon Chris
      Originally Posted by gcbmark20 View Post

      Hi Chris,

      TRACKING IS VITAL!

      Especially if you're driving lots of traffic from lots of different sources.

      Track your squeeze page conversions

      Track your OTO & up-sell conversions to see exactly where you're
      sales are coming from.

      Did you make more sales from the 1st, 2nd or even 10th email you
      sent out after someone has opted into your list?

      If email 10 is killing it for you, then push that to the front of the
      email sequence and you know that you can make your paid
      traffic investments back or even profit sooner rather then later.

      You can then re-invest and build & grow your list/online business
      faster than you ever could by flying blind!

      Great post Chris this is the LOVELY MEAT & POTATO stuff
      I love!

      Once you get into this testing it becomes a heart warming
      addiction.

      GET INTO IT

      GET ON

      Learn & allow your testing to tell you what works!

      NEVER ASSUME.

      TEST!

      All the best
      Gavin
      Thanks Gavin
      Right on the Money
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8172982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MKCookins
    Great Post... I 100% agree.

    The faster we fail - the quicker we can determine the reason behind it and make changes to achieve success.

    Here are two quotes from Chris Farrell that he recently found when he was talking about failure online...

    First one is by James Dyson
    "Failure seldom stops you. What stops you in the FEAR of failure. I have never encountered failure as I view what some would call failure as a temporary setback. Never walk away from these setbacks - on the contrary - study them for their hidden assets. If you want to double your success rate - double your failure rate."

    The second one is by Jimmy Greaves -- he help the record of scoring 49 goals in a single soccer season, and asked how he achieved this:
    "I also held another, less well-known record that same season. I got the record for the highest number of goals missed. I got this as I understood the lesson that I couldn't score every time - but I definitely wouldn't score if I never even tried."

    So embrace failure as a learning opportunity and not a road block -- all comes to our mindset!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8173071].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shon Chris
      Originally Posted by MKCookins View Post

      Great Post... I 100% agree.

      The faster we fail - the quicker we can determine the reason behind it and make changes to achieve success.

      Here are two quotes from Chris Farrell that he recently found when he was talking about failure online...

      First one is by James Dyson
      "Failure seldom stops you. What stops you in the FEAR of failure. I have never encountered failure as I view what some would call failure as a temporary setback. Never walk away from these setbacks - on the contrary - study them for their hidden assets. If you want to double your success rate - double your failure rate."

      The second one is by Jimmy Greaves -- he help the record of scoring 49 goals in a single soccer season, and asked how he achieved this:
      "I also held another, less well-known record that same season. I got the record for the highest number of goals missed. I got this as I understood the lesson that I couldn't score every time - but I definitely wouldn't score if I never even tried."

      So embrace failure as a learning opportunity and not a road block -- all comes to out mindset!
      Thanks Man - Great Quotes
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8173078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MKCookins
    Your'e welcome

    I can't take all the credit though -- this is something my mentor Chris Farrell just shared with us, and wanted to share it with you as well
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8173113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author megalinktraffic
    Your subject line is very POWERFUL reframing
    its a good share for dejected people to move
    forward towards their goal..
    rueben
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8173214].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shon Chris
      Originally Posted by megalinktraffic View Post

      Your subject line is very POWERFUL reframing
      its a good share for dejected people to move
      forward towards their goal..
      rueben
      Thanks Rueben
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8173399].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RockNRolla
    I agree failing is good, and absolutely necessary, as long as you are not being deterred by the failures. Unfortunately for most people, when they fail they then tend to give up, suppose it's just different mindsets. I think if you have the right mindset, you can take the positive out of almost any situation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8173569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kayfrank
    I just wrote an article about this! That you need to fail to have a successful business! Failure is a great learning opportunity and enables you to get better and optimize and therefore become more successful. Great post Chris.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8173674].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shon Chris
      Originally Posted by RockNRolla View Post

      I agree failing is good, and absolutely necessary, as long as you are not being deterred by the failures. Unfortunately for most people, when they fail they then tend to give up, suppose it's just different mindsets. I think if you have the right mindset, you can take the positive out of almost any situation.
      Originally Posted by kayfrank View Post

      I just wrote an article about this! That you need to fail to have a successful business! Failure is a great learning opportunity and enables you to get better and optimize and therefore become more successful. Great post Chris.

      Its all about seeing failure as an opportunity and working through the failure strategically and logically rather than emotionally.

      Thanks
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8174577].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author drewfioravanti
    I don't know about you, but I hate failing. I prefer to succeed. Sure, you can learn from every failure. But, I would never exclaim that I love to fail.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8173704].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shon Chris
      Originally Posted by drewfioravanti View Post

      I don't know about you, but I hate failing. I prefer to succeed. Sure, you can learn from every failure. But, I would never exclaim that I love to fail.
      I'm not "exclaiming" I like to fail for the sake of failing. I'm saying I don't mind failing because I know that through further testing & tracking I can make strategic adjustments that will ultimately benefit me more.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8174589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    Failures are unavoidable when you deal with something new. I agree that they are lessons and that you learn how to improve your work after seeing what happens into practice.

    However, I believe that it’s always better to avoid failing by studying the more you can.

    It’s better to have the necessary knowledge, so that you may have the indispensable conditions to surpass all obstacles until you will succeed instead of miserably failing many times.







    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8173752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Willie Crawford
    Great post. My first mentor taught me to "fail forward fast!"

    If you know that some failures are inevitable, why not get
    them out of the way. At the same time, make sure that you
    are learning from your mistakes and not making the same
    mistakes over and over again!

    Willie
    Signature

    Did You Realize That The Majority Of Launches FAIL?
    Here's how to do a wildly successful launch!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8173812].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shon Chris
      Originally Posted by Willie Crawford View Post

      Great post. My first mentor taught me to "fail forward fast!"

      If you know that some failures are inevitable, why not get
      them out of the way. At the same time, make sure that you
      are learning from your mistakes and not making the same
      mistakes over and over again!

      Willie
      Exactly......eliminate emotional involvement as much as possible and work to fail as fast and often as possible. See failure for what it is...embrace it and work through it logically and success will ultimately be yours.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8174595].message }}

Trending Topics