Clickbank products and classified ads ?

by wass11
23 replies
I want to promote a few clickbank products and classified ads like us freeads etc, do they work effectively for sales?
#ads #classified #clickbank #products
  • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
    Originally Posted by wass11 View Post

    I want to promote a few clickbank products and classified ads like us freeads etc, do they work effectively for sales?
    I would say no.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178745].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CyberAlien
    I'm not saying it won't work, but I've never heard of someone doing it successfully that way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178747].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greedy
    I would do CPA offers over Clickbank because they convert with less info generally speaking and are more broadly targeted.

    Clickbank works the best for me when I have a unique niche, or something I want to introduce a recurring billing offer to.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178803].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wass11
      Originally Posted by Greedy View Post

      I would do CPA offers over Clickbank because they convert with less info generally speaking and are more broadly targeted.

      Clickbank works the best for me when I have a unique niche, or something I want to introduce a recurring billing offer to.
      CPA(Cost per action), is it meant to pay per lead? Of course, clickbank products have cpa offers (pay per sale).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178996].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by wass11 View Post

        CPA(Cost per action), is it meant to pay per leads?
        Payment for leads is one example of cost per action (because "becoming a lead", i.e. supplying contact details, is one example of the range of the "actions" needed for payment.) There's an entire section of the forum for CPA discussions: Ad Networks - CPA, CPM, CPL - Millionaire Makers..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by wass11 View Post

    I want to promote a few clickbank products and classified ads like us freeads etc, do they work effectively for sales?
    I believe that they probably don't, at all.

    They may possibly have done, a little, probably more than a decade ago, but when I was first online in 2007 people were already very widely reporting that it was close to impossible to sell them that way.

    This post/thread may help you to appreciate why: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post7110523

    This thread might also interest you: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...marketing.html

    If you're looking for a realistic way to have decent chances of earning some money online without listbuilding and providing quality content, selling ClickBank products isn't it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178981].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wass11
      Hmmm, thanks, Alexa.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8179004].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RobertoM
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      I believe that they probably don't, at all.

      They may possibly have done, a little, probably more than a decade ago, but when I was first online in 2007 people were already very widely reporting that it was close to impossible to sell them that way.

      This post/thread may help you to appreciate why: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post7110523

      This thread might also interest you: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...marketing.html

      If you're looking for a realistic way to have decent chances of earning some money online without listbuilding and providing quality content, selling ClickBank products isn't it.
      Hi Alexa,
      I understant what you posted about promoting CB through free ads, but what if u have a landing page in a free classified ad to build your list and then redirect the visitors to the CB sales page?
      You think it's still worthless?
      Thanks,
      RobertoM
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191001].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by RobertoM View Post

        I understant what you posted about promoting CB through free ads, but what if u have a landing page in a free classified ad to build your list and then redirect the visitors to the CB sales page?
        You think it's still worthless?
        I haven't tried it, Roberto.

        If I did, I'd want to do the "redirecting" part a bit later, having built a relationship with my subscribers first. Redirecting them to a CB hoplink right after opting them in would decimate the open-rate for my emails and cost me too much (that part I have tested, but not with traffic from free classified ads - I think it would be true a fortiori with that traffic, but that's only a guess based on my suspicion that it's not a very good class of traffic in the first place). In my experience, if you want your subscribers instinctively to think of you as "just another marketer", and react to you accordingly, then sending them straight to a sales page is the ideal way.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191115].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author RobertoM
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          I haven't tried it, Roberto.

          If I did, I'd want to do the "redirecting" part a bit later, having built a relationship with my subscribers first. Redirecting them to a CB hoplink right after opting them in would decimate the open-rate for my emails and cost me too much (that part I have tested, but not with traffic from free classified ads - I think it would be true a fortiori with that traffic, but that's only a guess based on my suspicion that it's not a very good class of traffic in the first place). In my experience, if you want your subscribers instinctively to think of you as "just another marketer", and react to you accordingly, then sending them straight to a sales page is the ideal way.
          Well, I guess you are right Alexa.
          But same thing would happen if you build a very pro LP and send the people to any good offer out of CB, right?
          So I think that your approach is to build a list through a free gift, then work with your subscribers building a good relationship with them and after that send them to your offer.
          Is that so?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191177].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by RobertoM View Post

            I think that your approach is to build a list through a free gift, then work with your subscribers building a good relationship with them and after that send them to your offer.
            Is that so?
            I do ... after that, I gradually send them several/many offers, once I've established the credit to ensure a high open-rate. This doesn't necessarily make it "right" for everyone, of course: it suits me, with non-SEO traffic, and upmarket traffic demographics, and not using squeeze pages - and those things are true for almost all my niches.

            (The "freebie" I'm using as the bribe, to get their email addresses, is specifically designed and created to be part of my continuity-process, to brand myself and my site, to fulfil the promise of offering some information of genuine value which they can't find elsewhere, to set my subscribers' expectations, to ensure that the subsequent email series gets the maximum possible open-rate and attention and to continue the process of establishing credibility and trust already started even before they clicked on an "article link" to arrive on my landing page.)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrgoe
    I remember doing this some many years ago when I first started.. Paid someone to do 1000 classifieds with a product.. never got 1 sell. I did check the links one by one as I was at start and passionate and they were almost all there.. but still they got me not 1 sell.. just a heads up..
    Signature
    I Use SiteGround For Hosting
    And SpinRewriter For Unlimited, Unique Content.
    Try Them
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8179000].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wass11
      Whoa, that's a kind of horrible!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8179006].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by wass11 View Post

        that's a kind of horrible!
        But not surprising at all, once you understand how sales of information products are actually made, and the way that most people buy such products online on the recommendations of people they trust and respect, and why list-building and relationship-building are therefore an integral and essential part of that process.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8179015].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wass11
          Alexa, you points out the fact that I've often forgotten how much important that is and if I were a consumer, I would do the same as folks(consumers) that depending on their reliabilities or relationships with marketers.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8179309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alrealestate
    Classified advertising is not the way to go on intangibles. Physical items tend to work, but there is only one really strong online online classified venue, CL and its getting harder and harder to keep ads up.
    Signature
    >>>> NEED TO OUTSOURCE A PROJECT RIGHT NOW<<<<
    TIRED OF OUTSOURCING PROMISES NOT KEPT
    >>>CONTACT ME <<<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8179021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RockNRolla
    When I first got started in IM, using US freeads especially was a popular method for getting quick rankings for a Clickbank launch. In terms of site traffic, I doubt you will get much joy from that alone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8179328].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eknywork
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8179395].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wass11
      I've been told that it isn't so easy to post ads on craiglist because it was created on the base of non-profitable, so it likely hates various ads on it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8180349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Pettit
    I haven't had much luck with US Free Ads...best to stick with the sites that get the traffic...for example: Auctions sites...use Ebay, for classifieds, use Craigslist
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8180443].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    Originally Posted by wass11 View Post

    I want to promote a few clickbank products and classified ads like us freeads etc, do they work effectively for sales?
    Yes, Classifieds works for ClickBank products. Freeads etc. is probably not the best choice.

    This one:
    Warrior Forum Classified Ads

    does work like gang busters.

    Just do some research and look under the hood so to speak and you will see (make sure you are not too close to the table with your face as you might hurt yourself when your jaw drops).

    There is actually an exact technology to it. I figured it out some time ago and completely forgot about it.
    Signature

    Call Center Fuel - High Volume Data
    Delivering the highest quality leads in virtually all consumer verticals.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8180460].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imoffersonline
    I never try this.....for clickbank offer, but you can try it. you can use this with cpa offers.
    Signature

    I'm Ready for learning.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8181107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author baokhau
    Originally Posted by wass11 View Post

    I want to promote a few clickbank products and classified ads like us freeads etc, do they work effectively for sales?
    On the early days in internet marketing, i get used to apply this method to make sales with the paydotcom products. The product is about the IM niche. The core is to post ads regularly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191141].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Willie Crawford
    This can work. I'd probably run inexpensive solo ads instead.

    You can run 5 line solo ads to some lists for as little as $1 each...
    and I'm talking real list. You just need to know where to look.

    The problems with many classifieds sites, and even many
    ezines that primarily run solos, is that some have very low
    readership, with most of their traffic being people there to place
    ads rather than read them.

    Willie
    Signature

    Over Six Figures Per MONTH From Ranking And Renting Website?
    Watch The Eye-Opening Video Here!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191228].message }}

Trending Topics