12 replies
I just launched my kickstarter a few days ago and had some family back us up
so we are at 306 out of 5,000.

Anyway, I made a website and tons of social accounts and ran SEO campaigns for the keywords disgruntled pheasants, group game, and group activity.

However nobody is backing up my project :/

I was wondering if you guys had any tips... its only been like 4 days but still i really want some results...

Here is a list of things i have done
1. Created youtube account, orderd a gig on fiverr for seo and views.
2. Created a Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
3. Created a Website with a news letter subscription
4. Ran social media and SEO campaigns. i.e SENuke xcr


is there anything i am missing or anything i could do ?
I have read countless articles....
#kickstarters
  • Profile picture of the author IMStrategus
    Contact relevant blogs and ask for a review/paid review. That will bring targeted traffic.
    Also contact email list owners in the same niche and try to get solo ads.
    Signature

    I lie on marketing forums. Social media is for fun, pics & hook ups.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8182802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KabirC
    Originally Posted by virtanon View Post

    I just launched my kickstarter a few days ago and had some family back us up
    so we are at 306 out of 5,000.

    Anyway, I made a website and tons of social accounts and ran SEO campaigns for the keywords disgruntled pheasants, group game, and group activity.

    However nobody is backing up my project :/

    I was wondering if you guys had any tips... its only been like 4 days but still i really want some results...

    Here is a list of things i have done
    1. Created youtube account, orderd a gig on fiverr for seo and views.
    2. Created a Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
    3. Created a Website with a news letter subscription
    4. Ran social media and SEO campaigns. i.e SENuke xcr


    is there anything i am missing or anything i could do ?
    I have read countless articles....
    What exactly is your kickstarter? Is it a product or a service or what? If people like a product, that's why they will be interested in backing your project.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8182839].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author timpears
      Originally Posted by KabirC View Post

      What exactly is your kickstarter? Is it a product or a service or what? If people like a product, that's why they will be interested in backing your project.
      Yes, what is the URL of your project? I know you can't post links, but write out the URL so we can see your project post and give you feedback on it. Otherwise we are stabbing in the dark.
      Signature

      Tim Pears

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8182842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author virtanon
    okay my project is kickstarters website. here is the extentions

    here is the set up i have...
    kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tled-pheasants
    website: http://disgruntledpheasants.com/
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisgruntledPheasants
    twitter: https://twitter.com/DisgruntledPhea
    youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqnRC0FQTP3_t273CnD7nA
    pintrest: http://pinterest.com/disgruntledphea...s-kickstarter/


    tell me if it looks good enough... maybe the idea just wasnt good enough? idk lol

    I would really like to target a list of ANGRY BIRD fans....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8182912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Well, the video looks nice. You pique interest. But there might not be that much of a market, and there is a lot to compete with. One I really like, but can't find for sale yet is over 3470% funded, and over $640K USD!

    And shipping IS difficult. The boxes will have to be made out of STRONG cardboard. I doubt they make anything so strong. Make them too weak for the impact versus size to work, and yet allow maybe 15+ rounds, and people will be UPSET! And size is as important as weight. I have been trying to source things for a moderate project, and the SHIPPING is 50-100% OVER the base cost! It might be better to just offer plans and all.

    Offering the plans will allow them to build a cheap quick model, as you would, or a model that could be given to the great grand kids, ****AND**** would get rid of shipping cost concerns.

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8182965].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author virtanon
      Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

      Well, the video looks nice. You pique interest. But there might not be that much of a market, and there is a lot to compete with. One I really like, but can't find for sale yet is over 3470% funded, and over $640K USD!

      And shipping IS difficult. The boxes will have to be made out of STRONG cardboard. I doubt they make anything so strong. Make them too weak for the impact versus size to work, and yet allow maybe 15+ rounds, and people will be UPSET! And size is as important as weight. I have been trying to source things for a moderate project, and the SHIPPING is 50-100% OVER the base cost! It might be better to just offer plans and all.

      Offering the plans will allow them to build a cheap quick model, as you would, or a model that could be given to the great grand kids, ****AND**** would get rid of shipping cost concerns.

      Steve
      Yeah we have a guy making custom boxes actually. but i never even thought about the thickness of it. I am glad you told me... if it is a success, the last thing i want is a bunch of angry bird customers xD

      I will have to talk to my partner.... I really wish i had a facebook page with a bunch angry bird fans or some emails... that do wonders lol
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8183047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    BTW MONOPOLY started as an instruction only game. THAT is why they have the odd pieces, like a thimble, toy dog, etc... ORIGINALLY, they used any old thing lying around, and wrote local streets, etc... on the board. One day a guy noticed the fad in colleges, set it up in a package, and produced it, and... history. as I recall, he originally sold it locally.

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8182976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author threaldeal007
    Here is a little tip to find some Angry Birds fans.

    1. Go onto twitter and search for Angry Birds
    2. Click on them
    3. It will show page for Angry bird so now you click on the followers that is the 584k+ number
    4. This will show you their followers so now you just follow about 20 to 50 of their followers per day and then on average around 30% to 50% will follow you back.
    5. Every week un-follow those that don't follow you back
    6. You will have a nice sized list of Angry Birds followers following you on twitter in no time and then direct them to your website.
    Signature
    Start your own online business today. Here is a FREE software that sets up money making websites in just a few minutes. Click HERE for your FREE ACCESS.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8183168].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author virtanon
      Originally Posted by threaldeal007 View Post

      Here is a little tip to find some Angry Birds fans.

      1. Go onto twitter and search for Angry Birds
      2. Click on them
      3. It will show page for Angry bird so now you click on the followers that is the 584k+ number
      4. This will show you their followers so now you just follow about 20 to 50 of their followers per day and then on average around 30% to 50% will follow you back.
      5. Every week un-follow those that don't follow you back
      6. You will have a nice sized list of Angry Birds followers following you on twitter in no time and then direct them to your website.
      haha this is extremely true... I once made a program that did this... of course twitter shut me down

      hehe it was going viral though!

      my program would follow friends friends and keep repeating... at the end of the day it would unfollow those you didnt follow back
      this was a long time ago tho back in 2009. check it out.
      Skylers Tips: The New Twitter Bot!
      THE PROGRAM DOESNT WORK ANYMORE JUST FYI

      sometimes i wonder i am not rich lol
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8183234].message }}

Trending Topics