US Warriors: Is camping a seasonal niche?

by kumar
13 replies
I am looking to tap into this niche, but I wonder if there's only a specific season
when people go camping in the US.

Thanks!
#camping #niche #seasonal #warriors
  • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
    Originally Posted by kumar View Post

    I am looking to tap into this niche, but I wonder if there's only a specific season
    when people go camping in the US.

    Thanks!
    It's all year long. Summer will of course be a bigger season.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8187925].message }}
  • HUGE niche...big sales in spring/summer but really slows down in fall/winter
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8187962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
    Not all states have cold weather all year long. Of course summer camping is at it's best, but there is warm weather in the southern states, including Cali, all year long.
    Signature
    " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
    But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

    ~ Jeff Bezos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8188069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stevie C
    You could widen the niche to outdoor Living or outdoor activities which would cover all seasons
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8188210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Don Grace
    You can also add hunting in this niche as many of us hunters also camp. Hunting season for big game and migratory birds are generally in the fall and winter. Spy on Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops to see how they rotate inventory every season.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8188277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Meharis
    Originally Posted by kumar View Post

    I am looking to tap into this niche, but I wonder if there's only a specific season
    when people go camping in the US.

    Thanks!

    VilPietersen,

    Google the USA weather map and promote your niche according to the season.

    Meharis
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8188543].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MisterMunch
    When I was a boy scout most of our trips was during the winter. Mainly because it was rougher and that you can't put up camp fires during summer (in norway at least)

    Winter camping also require more shopping as your sleaping bag and clothes need to match the temperature and to keep dry. You also need more equipment during snow camping as it will demand more from the camper.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8188563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by kumar View Post

    I am looking to tap into this niche, but I wonder if there's only a specific season when people go camping in the US. Thanks!
    Kumar,

    May I suggest something that might help you? As others have suggested, camping "season" varies according to location and the type of camping you're talking about. Because of these variables (and others), may I suggest that "camping" per se is way too broad to be an effective niche to attack?

    Because of the number of variables involved, the prospects you're hoping to identify cover a wide range of identity. This is not a homogeneous group.

    A better approach, in my opinion, would be to dig deeper and deeper into the niche until you identify a group of prospects that are pretty similar. Then you will have an easier time finding them online, advertising to them, and creating a sales page that targets their specific interests.

    Just one example from the posts above: target big game hunters that camp during hunting season in the fall. Now you're profiling a pretty similar crowd.

    Good luck to you.

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8188589].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kumar
      Originally Posted by Stevie C View Post

      You could widen the niche to outdoor Living or outdoor activities which would cover all seasons
      Originally Posted by Don Grace View Post

      You can also add hunting in this niche as many of us hunters also camp. Hunting season for big game and migratory birds are generally in the fall and winter. Spy on Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops to see how they rotate inventory every season.
      Thanks Stevie, Don: That's the long term plan; to widen the niche as I go.

      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      Kumar,

      May I suggest something that might help you? As others have suggested, camping "season" varies according to location and the type of camping you're talking about. Because of these variables (and others), may I suggest that "camping" per se is way too broad to be an effective niche to attack?

      Because of the number of variables involved, the prospects you're hoping to identify cover a wide range of identity. This is not a homogeneous group.

      A better approach, in my opinion, would be to dig deeper and deeper into the niche until you identify a group of prospects that are pretty similar. Then you will have an easier time finding them online, advertising to them, and creating a sales page that targets their specific interests.

      Just one example from the posts above: target big game hunters that camp during hunting season in the fall. Now you're profiling a pretty similar crowd.

      Good luck to you.

      Steve
      Great suggestion Steve. That gives me something to think about. Thanks.
      Signature

      Life is not a sprint, its a marathon. A bad start does not really matter too much

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8189598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gaz Cooper
    Camping and Outdoors is a MASSIVE NICHE and encompasses many subjects and as mentioned camping may be seasonal in some states but Fishing is a summer and winter sport as are many others like skiing, snow mobiling etc so Stevey C's suggestion is a good one

    Kickin it on Amazon

    Gaz Cooper
    Amz Treasure Hunter 2.0
    The MOST POWERFUL Amazon Traffic Tool on the Market
    Signature
    Beginners get Started with AMAZON, we will give you a FREE custom made Amazon Site when you purchase hosting through us contact us at http://authorityzonesupport.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8189606].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      Kumar,

      May I suggest something that might help you? As others have suggested, camping "season" varies according to location and the type of camping you're talking about. Because of these variables (and others), may I suggest that "camping" per se is way too broad to be an effective niche to attack?

      Because of the number of variables involved, the prospects you're hoping to identify cover a wide range of identity. This is not a homogeneous group.

      A better approach, in my opinion, would be to dig deeper and deeper into the niche until you identify a group of prospects that are pretty similar. Then you will have an easier time finding them online, advertising to them, and creating a sales page that targets their specific interests.

      Just one example from the posts above: target big game hunters that camp during hunting season in the fall. Now you're profiling a pretty similar crowd.

      Good luck to you.

      Steve
      Damn. Took the words right out of my head.

      How you do that?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author evotexas
    It really depends where you live. In the south camping is a year round activity. I would think though that the summer is the prime season to market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Schuman
    Camping is a seasonal niche where I live in Colorado.

    FYI camping has over 265,000 followers on Stumbleupon. You might look at that to niche down a little bit.
    Signature
    Jeff Schuman - SEO Blog Writer For Hire! Buy affordable, SEO, quality, MMO niche blog articles. Fast turnaround.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8192015].message }}

Trending Topics