Why aren't YOU making enough sales yet from your email list?

17 replies
Hi everyone!

After looking around here & reading a few threads & comments
I have noticed a pattern of thought that needs to be addressed.

It's regarding "LONG TERM SALES STRATEGIES" vs "SHORT
TERM SALES STRATEGIES".

Now we all love to make sales and yes I would be lying if I said I
didn't.

BUT!

It's having a permanent SHORT TERM VISION that I think is
holding many people back from owning a sustainable list building
business.

You see I am currently on many email lists myself and I continue
to see so many "PROMO HAPPY" marketers come & go
and disappear as if almost overnight.

Yes sending out promotional emails is part of the plan but
you need to be able think about the long term email marketing
game as well as the short term.

Just because someone didn't buy your product the very first
day, week or even month doesn't mean they won't buy from
you further down the line.

This is where the power of email marketing comes into play &
how YOU can take advantage of it.

If you have a product or a service that charges let's say $27 a
month membership fee you can continue to send great content
packed emails that have links within them that point to your $27
a month members only site.

You can create a content packed blog that you can also direct via
email your subscribers towards.

This is the long term game.

Not everyone buys from you right away and I myself have
been on people's email lists (some of them are W.F. members)
and have received emails from them and after a few weeks or
even months I have gone onto buy products from them.

THEN...

...If they delivered what they had promised in that first product,
I went onto buy their up-sells, other related training etc.

So let's just imagine you take this advice, set up a sales funnel
that has a steadily increasing flow of products (maybe 2, 3 or 4
in total) and they increase in price ranges as part of the plan.

Even if only 100 subscribers bought nothing else from you apart
from becoming members at your $27 a month continuity site...

...That's an extra $2,700 coming into your online business
because you haven't followed what most "CHURN & BURN"
marketers are doing & just sending pure promotional emails
every single day of the week.

Plus...

...It stops you having to try and shift 100's of low ticket priced
$7 products every single month so you can at least afford to pay
those dreaded bills.

So if you are thinking about building an email list only to send every
promo there is to it under the sun...

...Then at least try to think about what you are going to be sending
out next month, next year and beyond.

Because if you continue to burn out your lists, you'll have to work
10 times as hard trying to build your subscriber numbers up again
instead of simply allowing your sales funnel to run it's course and
send you nice chunks of recurring payments every single month.

Now of course you will need to plan out your perfect idea of what
you want your sales funnel to look like...

...BUT

Trust me it'll be far more worth that time spent planning than to run
around like a headless chicken and hope for the best.

Have a fantastic day everyone and I hope this can help
clear some confusion about what to send out in your emails to
your subscribers.

All the best
Gavin
#email #list #making #sales
  • Profile picture of the author vsmith
    Nicely done and great advice for attempting to starting a list!
    Signature
    Vern Smith
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8239480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andreas3
    Well done. But... you forgot to mention the incredible power of sending out useful information emails to your list. Sending out a few handy tip emails between the promos does wonders for keeping it alive.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8239516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
      Originally Posted by andreas3 View Post

      Well done. But... you forgot to mention the incredible power of sending out useful information emails to your list. Sending out a few handy tip emails between the promos does wonders for keeping it alive.
      Yes of course this is another factor thanks for that!

      I just wanted to drill home that you have to avoid
      burning out your lists as a way to go.

      You don't have to and yes there are many ways of
      sending pure content emails mixed with promos...

      ...You can send emails with links that point to content
      on your blog.

      You can send emails that have pure content but display
      your links to your products/services etc.

      thanks for the extra tips that is why I wanted to create
      this thread in the first place also.

      Regards
      Gavin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8239575].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hsbinmarket
        Though its a long post, it has some power to teach somethng.
        I personally feel that it will work for me.
        Thanks a lot.
        Signature

        Do not put the links to a malware-infected site back in your signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8239620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tobbej80
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8239522].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
      Originally Posted by tobbej80 View Post

      a tip, learn how to market via social media
      Yes social media can be used also.

      Well done guys, keep em coming let's help
      the newcomers who are unsure as which way
      to go with their email marketing.

      All the best
      Gavin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8239585].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author eClicker
        I have heard in the past social media is not good for IM in particular. It seems to be one of those things that bounce back and fourth like single opt in and double opt in. Or does ad fly work...lol

        Originally Posted by gcbmark20 View Post

        Yes social media can be used also.

        Well done guys, keep em coming let's help
        the newcomers who are unsure as which way
        to go with their email marketing.

        All the best
        Gavin
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8240220].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
          Originally Posted by eClicker View Post

          I have heard in the past social media is not good for IM in particular. It seems to be one of those things that bounce back and fourth like single opt in and double opt in. Or does ad fly work...lol
          Thanks!

          I keep hearing that Ad fly subject keep cropping up
          here at the forum.

          I recently noticed that someone had said they seen some success
          with it using health & fitness offers rather than just targeting the
          usual IM/MMO niche.

          Cheers eClicker thanks for your feedback.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8242548].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Willie Crawford
          Originally Posted by eClicker View Post

          I have heard in the past social media is not good for IM in particular. It seems to be one of those things that bounce back and fourth like single opt in and double opt in. Or does ad fly work...lol
          Social media works beautifully, it's just that you have to market slightly
          differently. Social media marketing is more about engagement.

          When it comes to promoting events, webinars, etc., I find that post EVENTS
          on Facebook is one of my most effective tactics. I also find posting my
          articles as "NOTES" to Facebook brings me in lots of traffic.

          Unlike email marketing, social media is more of a 2-way conversation, but
          then again people LOVE to share their thoughts/opinions, so it's easy
          to engage people via social media... and they do buy :-)

          Willie
          Signature

          Did You Realize That The Majority Of Launches FAIL?
          Here's how to do a wildly successful launch!

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8243244].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
            Originally Posted by Willie Crawford View Post

            Social media works beautifully, it's just that you have to market slightly
            differently. Social media marketing is more about engagement.

            When it comes to promoting events, webinars, etc., I find that post EVENTS
            on Facebook is one of my most effective tactics. I also find posting my
            articles as "NOTES" to Facebook brings me in lots of traffic.

            Unlike email marketing, social media is more of a 2-way conversation, but
            then again people LOVE to share their thoughts/opinions, so it's easy
            to engage people via social media... and they do buy :-)

            Willie
            Thanks Willie!

            I know anything you post here will be of high value and your true opinion.

            I agree that you have to try and market using slightly different methods
            than you would with email direct marketing.

            You know that people who are on your list are there because they want
            to know more from you, they are far more likely to trust your views,
            opinions as a marketer.

            Where as social media you may be trying to attract and engage those
            potential viewers into taking the next step which is more than likely
            going to be signing up to your list.

            There are many social media groups you can find that are in similar
            niche areas/interests as you and you can get a feel of what they
            are about and how they conduct their marketing strategies via
            social media.

            Thanks again Willie great contribution.

            Regards
            Gavin
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8243675].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marc Rodill
    Dude. It's because I'm an emotional headcase. Leave me alone.

    Lol...

    I can't say just kidding.

    Just kidding.

    Right now I'm working on a sales funnel and all that gravy. The problem is the big GAP between where you are and where you want to be.

    It's not really that it's so much about the work. It's making the list of everything that needs to be done and saying, "Wow, that's a lot of work".

    And then going to play poker or something.

    But I'm with you. I don't subscribe to churn and burn strategies. But this game is really all about traffic, short term or long-term.

    You can make a ton of money churning and burning, and you can make a ton of money thinking more long-term. But you ain't gonna make nothing if you don't got traffic.

    Although...

    What kind of commissions are you giving on your monthly membership to people who promote you? I'm sure that's a good traffic strategy.

    Thanks
    Marc Rodill
    Signature
    Long Lost Warriors! The Secret Sales System! Act Now! Buy Now! Right Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8239610].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
      Originally Posted by Marc Rodill View Post

      Dude. It's because I'm an emotional headcase. Leave me alone.

      Lol...

      I can't say just kidding.

      Just kidding.

      Right now I'm working on a sales funnel and all that gravy. The problem is the big GAP between where you are and where you want to be.

      It's not really that it's so much about the work. It's making the list of everything that needs to be done and saying, "Wow, that's a lot of work".

      And then going to play poker or something.

      But I'm with you. I don't subscribe to churn and burn strategies. But this game is really all about traffic, short term or long-term.

      You can make a ton of money churning and burning, and you can make a ton of money thinking more long-term. But you ain't gonna make nothing if you don't got traffic.

      Although...

      What kind of commissions are you giving on your monthly membership to people who promote you? I'm sure that's a good traffic strategy.

      Thanks
      Marc Rodill
      Thanks Mark!

      Yeah the commission factor comes into play also for the
      products you sell certainly.

      Well done Mark, great additions to the thread.

      All the best mate!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8239646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author majidmaskat
    Great post, thank you very much
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8240499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author twister85
    Another good thread to redirect newbies with question. thanks for the post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8242701].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
      Originally Posted by twister85 View Post

      Another good thread to redirect newbies with question. thanks for the post.
      You're welcome twister!

      This isn't just for newcomers though.

      Maybe there are some here who are struggling to make
      any long term, solid dependable incomes from their
      email list.

      Hammering your lists with promo after promo means that
      you have to constantly replace those numbers you have
      burned out with fresh new leads.

      If you really focus on building a solid base of emails that
      can go out for the first few days and ones that build
      relationships...

      ...You won't need to be constantly looking for new leads,
      constantly seeking out traffic on a massive scale because
      you know that even owning a small list can reap huge rewards
      if you play your cards right.

      All the best
      Gavin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8243026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zloveday93
    Brilliant post :=)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8243096].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Donimo
    Some nice information here, thanks.
    Signature
    Sendorika
    The cheap, newbie friendly, and super high quality autoresponder.



    Want to become a beta tester for Sendorika? PM me and we can discuss further!
    Twitter: @Sendorika !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8243908].message }}

Trending Topics