Transferring a Site from Hostgator

13 replies
Hi Guys and Gals,

I've been concentrating on offline for the past few years but now getting into web development for clients. I just sold my first site and need to transfer the site from my Hostgator account to her Hostgator account.

Could you please let me know of any youtube videos/website that explains the step by step process to successfully transfer to my first client. I've tried searching myself but just got info overload. I would be grateful if you can recommend a video/website that you personally use.

Thank you
#hostgator #site #transferring
  • Profile picture of the author run
    This could help: How to Move a Website From One cPanel Host to Another

    Let me know if you still in doubt!
    Signature
    I just wanna tell you that most of the links in the signature are trash and/or a trap to make you pay!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8241491].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author trustedmarketer
      Many thanks Run. This is exactly what I was looking for. So I just want to transfer my site on hostgator to he client's hostgator account, will your guide help me to do this? Do I just back up that one website and transfer it?

      Many thanks


      Originally Posted by run View Post

      This could help: How to Move a Website From One cPanel Host to Another

      Let me know if you still in doubt!
      Signature
      Contact me for the most Powerful Business Programs that will give you Daily Profit and the predicted huge price appreciation from Bitcoin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8241817].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author run
        Originally Posted by trustedmarketer View Post

        Many thanks Run. This is exactly what I was looking for. So I just want to transfer my site on hostgator to he client's hostgator account, will your guide help me to do this? Do I just back up that one website and transfer it?

        Many thanks
        Yes! Look at the image below:



        1- In your cPanel (your account), you make a backup of the site.

        2- In your client's cPanel (client's account), restore the backup from the file that you previously backup from your account.

        Just find the backup options like above image in your/client HostGator's cPanel account, it will be done.

        Another recommendation is to contact support for help. It might be easier for them to migrate a site from one account to another inside their own servers.
        Signature
        I just wanna tell you that most of the links in the signature are trash and/or a trap to make you pay!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8241948].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author trustedmarketer
          Thank you so much. This definitely clears things up for me. Really grateful.

          Originally Posted by run View Post

          Yes! Look at the image below:



          1- In your cPanel (your account), you make a backup of the site.

          2- In your client's cPanel (client's account), restore the backup from the file that you previously backup from your account.

          Just find the backup options like above image in your/client HostGator's cPanel account, it will be done.

          Another recommendation is to contact support for help. It might be easier for them to migrate a site from one account to another inside their own servers.
          Signature
          Contact me for the most Powerful Business Programs that will give you Daily Profit and the predicted huge price appreciation from Bitcoin
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8242111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author concentrator
    Just contact the Hostgator support, they should do this fast and with no questions asked.
    Signature
    My host is Scala Hosting at $3.95. Read a review.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8241515].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IamBaksi
      Originally Posted by concentrator View Post

      Just contact the Hostgator support, they should do this fast and with no questions asked.
      Hostgator support is getting worse these days, I've sent them a ticket but I've not received a reply for days...
      Signature

      Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8241541].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author garyfromdurham
      Originally Posted by concentrator View Post

      Just contact the Hostgator support, they should do this fast and with no questions asked.
      Hostgator are a nightmare. After 8 years I am in the process of moving from them today..going to stormondemand which is much more secure.

      For 3 days my site has been down and they are no help at all
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8242137].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vincent Abrugar
    You could also hire someone to do the transfer. There are a lot of guys offering website moving service here in the warrior forum and on fiverr.

    If you want to learn how to do it, there are many videos you can find at youtube.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8241785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vietnap
    The guide should work. Usually, you can do full backup in current account, then transfer to the new account and restore from there.

    As mentioned above, HG should do it faster. I don't have experience with HG supporting service, so cannot comment more.
    Signature
    VietNAP Managed Hosting

    Clustered hosting | Managed WordPress hosting
    Xen VPS | Managed dedicated server
    Seattle, USA and Hanoi, Vietnam data centers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8241862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    Since hostgator provides C Panel Hosting, then you can transfer the sites through the C Panel. Just Log in your Cpanel and click the Backup menu. Here you can back up your whole site along with the database and transfer it to the another account. If you are facing any problem then just contact Hostgator Support Team.
    Signature

    Blogging Tips & tricks@ Bloggingpond.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8241945].message }}

Trending Topics