28 replies
Just wondering, what do you look for most when promoting an affiliate product?

Is it commissions, reciprocation, the product, the offer, prizes etc?

Thanks,

Sergio
#affiliate #programs
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    I look at there clickbank numbers,
    I look to see if there is anyway for them to get the customer to sign up to a list of there's so they circumvent me on the purchase.
    I look at the product.
    (would I buy it)
    I look at the persons reputation on the web, do they have complaint's about refunds ect.

    My list is valuable to me and I don't sell affiliate products any more unless I captured that person's email so I am very picky.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8260619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AJMontoya
    I look for products that give high commissions (75-100%). I also look for products with a high earning per click (EPC). Also I look at the number of sales the product has. If it has sold a good amount, it's worth promoting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8260621].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sergio Zekanovic
      Thanks for the responses guys... where do you usually go to look for products if you need something to promote?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8260966].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AJMontoya
        I usually go to WSOPro.com or JVZoo.com. Tons of offers and you can sort by category, number of sales, commission rates, earnings per click, etc.

        Originally Posted by Sergio Zekanovic View Post

        Thanks for the responses guys... where do you usually go to look for products if you need something to promote?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8261008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    jvzoo almost exclusively now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8261016].message }}
    • Originally Posted by hustlinsmoke View Post

      jvzoo almost exclusively now.
      Can you please explain what you mean by this?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8262253].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sergio Zekanovic
      Originally Posted by hustlinsmoke View Post

      jvzoo almost exclusively now.
      What do you like about Jvzoo the best?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8262486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sergio Zekanovic
    Thanks guys
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8261956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sergio Zekanovic
    Does anyone promote anything on Clickbank anymore... or is that a thing of the past?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8261960].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
      I just did but didn't want too.

      I am getting to where I can't stand them. I forgot my password and they make you sign up again if you forget it and can't retrieve it. Not only that but after that you have to have five sales and two different payment processors to get your money out. I was not even going to use them any more but I have 62 bucks sitting in there and I want my money. After this is over I may just stick with Jvzoo from now on for most my products. Im am sort of slowly getting into the mmo niche and nothing else it seems.

      Im also with commission junction, ebay, amazon, kolimbo and a few more too though.
      Originally Posted by Sergio Zekanovic View Post

      Does anyone promote anything on Clickbank anymore... or is that a thing of the past?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8261997].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sergio Zekanovic
        Originally Posted by hustlinsmoke View Post

        I just did but didn't want too.

        I am getting to where I can't stand them. I forgot my password and they make you sign up again if you forget it and can't retrieve it. Not only that but after that you have to have five sales and two different payment processors to get your money out. I was not even going to use them any more but I have 62 bucks sitting in there and I want my money. After this is over I may just stick with Jvzoo from now on for most my products. Im am sort of slowly getting into the mmo niche and nothing else it seems.

        Im also with commission junction, ebay, amazon, kolimbo and a few more too though.
        Thanks, this will help me a lot.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8262235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    They are warriors themselves and the costs associated are less. YOu keep more of your money, there panel is easier to figure out. The sellers are easier to research ect.

    INSTANT PAYOUTS. enough said right lol.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8263393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingworld
    The most important thing to choose affiliate program is to see and analyze whether you will buy the product yourself, if you feel it is worth buying, only then start promoting it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8263535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brian7seas
    I've also been looking towards ClickSure and Digi Results more these days.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8263631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    Like I said I have several and alot of pages out there I don't even want to go looking for to change. I got a 100 buck check from hostgator two days ago and I haven't promoted for them in a year, still can't find out where that came from.

    Anyways you do need alot especially since its getting harder and harder to be approved by these companies.

    Mainly for the most part I will use Jvzoo. They are still eager to please.

    Even though if there reading this, they keep telling me we will get more payment processors and I've been hearing that since they opened.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8264816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arkina
    I look for a combination. Mainly, I look for something I would want to buy, because chances are if I believe in it, someone else will to. Plus, I can really get behind it and sell it. Then I also look for the commission so I can get the most bang for my buck so to speak.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8264993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    Yesterday I used a product from Marc Rodill here Product creation software and not going to link to it cause I dont want anyone to say I'm plugging,

    I was looking at it first and saw Tinkerbell from warriors posted on it saying she used it so I emailed her and asked her and she said she did and it was great, Well I tried it out and it was great.

    So by ways of my great persuasion I managed to get tinkerbell to write me a swipe and sent if off to my list. she charges like 500 bucks for that so I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

    Anyways the story is about how being here I can better find products and know what to promote. Then just hop on to jvzoo request a sign up and go with it. No need to open clickbank and do all that searching or kolimbo or Cj.

    It works for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8265069].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sergio Zekanovic
      Originally Posted by hustlinsmoke View Post

      Yesterday I used a product from Marc Rodill here Product creation software and not going to link to it cause I dont want anyone to say I'm plugging,

      I was looking at it first and saw Tinkerbell from warriors posted on it saying she used it so I emailed her and asked her and she said she did and it was great, Well I tried it out and it was great.

      So by ways of my great persuasion I managed to get tinkerbell to write me a swipe and sent if off to my list. she charges like 500 bucks for that so I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

      Anyways the story is about how being here I can better find products and know what to promote. Then just hop on to jvzoo request a sign up and go with it. No need to open clickbank and do all that searching or kolimbo or Cj.

      It works for me.
      What do you like promoting, lower or higher priced products...?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8265605].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
        when I build my list I seperate the big buyers from the small buyers.
        If I have a list I built from a wso that was an average of a 9 buck buy.
        I will then make a repore with them and maybe upsell to a 17.97 product. the ones that buy come off and go on the other list. all the while working both lists. Segmentation is key I just don't do it as diligently or as much as everyone else.

        So usually from one list I have the low end middle end and high end by the end of it. I do that same with my freeby lists they take a while to come off though lol.
        Originally Posted by Sergio Zekanovic View Post

        What do you like promoting, lower or higher priced products...?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8265695].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Sergio Zekanovic
          Originally Posted by hustlinsmoke View Post

          when I build my list I seperate the big buyers from the small buyers.
          If I have a list I built from a wso that was an average of a 9 buck buy.
          I will then make a repore with them and maybe upsell to a 17.97 product. the ones that buy come off and go on the other list. all the while working both lists. Segmentation is key I just don't do it as diligently or as much as everyone else.

          So usually from one list I have the low end middle end and high end by the end of it. I do that same with my freeby lists they take a while to come off though lol.
          Great, thanks.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8297121].message }}
  • Quality product that my customers would want to know about.
    Signature

    PM Me Now!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8265614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Sergio Zekanovic View Post

    what do you look for most when promoting an affiliate product?
    My biggest single income-source is from promoting ClickBank products as an affiliate, and my selection-criteria for those are here: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post2161932
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8265645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Horacioplus
    Monthly membership programs and getting 100% commission.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8265692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zeroaffiliate
    I choose my offer from W4 and NeverBlue. I did not have any particular requirement on the offer except it must be good ranking in Alexa.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8297180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    when I am looking for affiliate,
    I first choose the products with less competition
    I look at the products that offer above 75% commission
    I check on the gravity rating.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8299330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EPoltrack77
    Hey Sergio, great question. really all of the above! The payout, the owner, how well the product serves the demand and of course if its something hot at the moment like a trend you would but as time is going by I either end up buying the product myself and going through it or I'll do investingating or research and see if its something I want to attach my name and morals too. There's a lot of B.S out there that is giving this industry a bad name to some and I don't want to add to it. Neither do you. Think long term...
    Signature
    Working to achieve higher results...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8299366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tomerep
    In addition, you should choose to sell product which people actually use. There are a wide choices of affiliate products you can sell from different niche, but I'm sure you dont wanna sell pet rocks, right? In short, there should be a need from your potential customers or atleast an interest on the product you are selling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8299694].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sergio Zekanovic
      Thank you guys i really appreciate your replies.

      Sergio
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8304432].message }}

Trending Topics