Are attractive Females not allowed to have Twitter accounts?

98 replies
To make a long story short my 24 year old daughter has been helping me with one my projects. We set-up a twitter account for her, she sent out one tweet , and her account was banned. She had no followers at the time, and only followed the few that you're required to follow to start the account. She had her picture in her profile. The only thing I can figure out is they wacked the account because she was an attractive female so they assumed it was a scam.
#accounts #allowed #attractive #females #twitter
  • Profile picture of the author AJMontoya
    Did you put a link to your website in your profile box? If so, Twitter may have filtered the link and thought it was spam, leading to your account getting banned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287146].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan

      Yes, but isn't that what it is for?
      Originally Posted by xismfofx22 View Post

      Did you put a link to your website in your profile box? If so, Twitter may have filtered the link and thought it was spam, leading to your account getting banned.
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287161].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AJMontoya
        Yes, that is what it is used for. But Twitter can decide what links they do or do not want to allow coming from their site. Sometimes they won't like a domain for no apparent reason and ban the account. It happens. If you want to see if it was your link, create another Twitter account, put your link up, start to tweet, and see if it gets banned to.

        Another possibility could have been the tweet itself. Were you using an excessive amount of trending hashtags? They tend to lock accounts for that as well.
        Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

        Yes, but isn't that what it is for?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287205].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
          Interesting I will give that a try. Odd thing is over the years I have built a lot of sites, set-up Twitter accounts for each site and then automatically tweeted a new wordpress post when I post. I never had an issue with any of them. This was a hand tweet and it had only one hastag that wasn't trending. I sent them the appeal as they requested it has been several days and not a peep out of them.

          Originally Posted by xismfofx22 View Post

          Yes, that is what it is used for. But Twitter can decide what links they do or do not want to allow coming from their site. Sometimes they won't like a domain for no apparent reason and ban the account. It happens. If you want to see if it was your link, create another Twitter account, put your link up, start to tweet, and see if it gets banned to.

          Another possibility could have been the tweet itself. Were you using an excessive amount of trending hashtags? They tend to lock accounts for that as well.
          Signature
          Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenJ
    I do not think that you can make any of those assumptions. There are so many real scammers out there on twitter, how on earth would they find your daughter's new account, and then decide to ban it for that reason?

    KenJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287157].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      I am clueless myself. Like I said one tweet and she had no followers.
      + I can't really think of any other reason the account would be banned.

      Originally Posted by KenJ View Post

      I do not think that you can make any of those assumptions. There are so many real scammers out there on twitter, how on earth would they find your daughter's new account, and then decide to ban it for that reason?

      KenJ
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287166].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cbbnfzsjolhy
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8330448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LilBlackDress
    Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

    To make a long story short my 24 year old daughter has been helping me with one my projects. We set-up a twitter account for her, she sent out one tweet , and her account was banned. She had no followers at the time, and only followed the few that you're required to follow to start the account. She had her picture in her profile. The only thing I can figure out is they wacked the account because she was an attractive female so they assumed it was a scam.
    My daughter is a very beautiful female and no problems with her Twitter account at all so perhaps you just had a glitch.
    Signature

    Pen Name + 8 eBooks + social media sites 4 SALE - PM me (evergreen beauty niche)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287184].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mikelmraz
      Originally Posted by LilBlackDress View Post

      My daughter is a very beautiful female and no problems with her Twitter account at all so perhaps you just had a glitch.
      That is only your opinion. ha. Jokes aside, maybe it has to do with email or ip address. That would be a better explanation of why it was banned so quickly.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292892].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cfknrwusxllt
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hlatky
    Nope. Twitter is for ugly people only :rolleyes:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287200].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan

      I am beginning to think so. When she started her YouTube channel the next day Google demanded she produce proof she was a real person and not a scammer that stole her identity. She did and it was problem solved, but two services now basically shutting down her accounts because they belong to a girl?

      Originally Posted by Mike Hlatky View Post

      Nope. Twitter is for ugly people only :rolleyes:
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287246].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Mike Hlatky View Post

      Nope. Twitter is for ugly people only :rolleyes:
      Oh crap - now I know why I've been smoking it with Twitter
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8328750].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author stolf
        Ive had the same problem in the past, except im a guy, that is extremly handsome.

        Now days when i create a new twitter account I have to photoshop myself so I look more ugly, otherways they ban my account instantly.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8328780].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
          Hey it happened what can I say. Obviously it was an issue with the profile pic or they wouldn't have deleted it.


          Originally Posted by stolf View Post

          Ive had the same problem in the past, except im a guy, that is extremly handsome.

          Now days when i create a new twitter account I have to photoshop myself so I look more ugly, otherways they ban my account instantly.
          Signature
          Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8328786].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Plugin Profits
            Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

            Hey it happened what can I say. Obviously it was an issue with the profile pic or they wouldn't have deleted it.
            Maybe some employee was jealous of her and abusing her power. I wouldn't speak of 'Twitter' or any other site as a cohesive singular entity acting as such on everything they do. They are made up of individals with individual authorities.

            If I were her, I'd reupload an even better profile photo, the best photo she has of herself.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8329559].message }}
        • Originally Posted by stolf View Post

          Ive had the same problem in the past, except im a guy, that is extremly handsome.

          Now days when i create a new twitter account I have to photoshop myself so I look more ugly, otherways they ban my account instantly.
          Happens to me ALL the freaking time. Dont you hate when that happens?!?! :rolleyes:

          PS: I find this thread hilarious
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8328788].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author stolf
            Originally Posted by Anonymous Affiliate View Post

            Happens to me ALL the freaking time. Dont you hate when that happens?!?! :rolleyes:

            PS: I find this thread hilarious

            LOL, yeah its not easy to be beautiful.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8328792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author searchnology
    This is clearly a conspiracy against young beautiful women. As a way of giving back, I am hosting a support group meeting at my house this weekend for any beautiful young women that have fallen prey to this type of activity. Any ladies wanting to attend, just PM me for details.
    Signature
    Google's Keyword Tool is Gone!..You will NEED this! - Watch Demo that Uncovers 1000s of KEYWORDS Other Tools Miss! »


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287322].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      LOL – Truthfully what this experience has taught me is that most social media sites have some sort of flag or filter set-up when a female in a certain age range sets up an account it is automatically flagged.

      Originally Posted by searchnology View Post

      This is clearly a conspiracy against young beautiful woman. As a way of giving back, I am hosting a support group meeting at my house this weekend for any beautiful young women that have fallen prey to this type of activity. Any ladies wanting to attend, just PM me for details.
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    Twitter is strictly against and fighting anything related to hooks and anything resembling or near it is taken down.

    Recently, escorts where banned from using twitter and the likes.

    Perhaps she should change her photo and use something more corporate.
    Signature
    Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
    Software & Mobile APP Developer
    Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287389].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      The photo was just a head shot nothing related to x rated stuff whatsoever or the least bit racy.

      Originally Posted by johnben1444 View Post

      Twitter is strictly against and fighting anything related to hooks and anything resembling or near it is taken down.

      Recently, escorts where banned from using twitter and the likes.

      Perhaps she should change her photo and use something more corporate.
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287406].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
        Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

        The photo was just a head shot nothing related to x rated stuff whatsoever or the least bit racy.
        Maybe then try creating a new account again and see how it turns out.

        You can't be too sure, she must have violated one of their rules.
        Signature
        Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
        Software & Mobile APP Developer
        Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287447].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cbbnfzsjolhy
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8330426].message }}
  • Everyone knows that Twitter is for ugly people only. So if you have a Twitter account and they did not disconnect it within a day, then you can comfortably walk the street knowing that no one will be staring at you.

    But seriously, instead of guessing, why not contact them regarding the account and ask.
    Myself or my team have always managed to get a straight forward and specific answer from Twitter if there where any issues relating to one of our accounts. A few years ago we were running some customized software that was automating some tweet activities etc, and twitter was kind enough to explain what it was allowed to do, and what it wasn't etc.
    Signature
    Arnold Stolting - Stolting Media Group
    "I LOVE The Song! The Vibe Is Positive And Firm!" - Kymani Marley. (Son of Bob Marley)
    "Keep Up The Good Work!" Tony Lindsay - Lead Vocalist, Carlos Santana.

    "Very High Quality!" Jeremy Harding - Manager / Producer. Sean Paul.
    "They Are FANTASTIC!" - Willie Crawford.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287559].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matrixler
    #searchnology
    I really wanted to contribute more here, BUT I have to support searchnology seriously. Please provide us with all necessary information so we can join the party... ;-)

    Other than that, I don't think that the photo makes any difference here. Must be the link or something inside the tweet. Try on another account. Good luck!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

    To make a long story short my 24 year old daughter has been helping me with one my projects. We set-up a twitter account for her, she sent out one tweet , and her account was banned. She had no followers at the time, and only followed the few that you're required to follow to start the account. She had her picture in her profile. The only thing I can figure out is they wacked the account because she was an attractive female so they assumed it was a scam.
    If your daughter is too attractive, she may give the impression that she is using the picture of a model, and not her real picture.

    I advise her to find a picture where she is not beautiful or create one on purpose only to be able to use it online.

    Many people in this thread are making fun of this problem because they don't know how terrible the life of a very beautiful woman can be.

    She must be very careful, without thinking that she is far away from those who may try to approach her online because they live in another country.

    It will be better for her to hide her real appearance if she is very attractive, otherwise she may have many strange problems, which she won't be able to prove in a court.

    A beautiful woman can be a victim of many men who pretend to be completely normal and have financial power, but are in fact mentally ill without being diagnosed.

    It's very easy to do something against someone online...

    Your daughter can be a victim of a crazy millionaire. How will she prove to the world that a supposedly respectful gentleman who owns a powerful website is causing damages to her simple website on purpose (or doing something else against her) only because he wants to find ways to control her actions?

    ...And that he is doing that only because he likes her, and he wants to possess her?

    Everybody will laugh with this problem. Your daughter won't be able to do anything against her enemies.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287656].message }}
    • Originally Posted by clever7 View Post

      If your daughter is too attractive, she may give the impression that she is using the picture of a model, and not her real picture.

      I advise her to find a picture where she is not beautiful or create one on purpose only to be able to use it online.

      Many people in this thread are making fun of this problem because they don't know how terrible the life of a very beautiful woman can be.

      She must be very careful, without thinking that she is far away from those who may try to approach her online because they live in another country.

      It will be better for her to hide her real appearance if she is very attractive, otherwise she may have many strange problems, which she won't be able to prove in a court.

      A beautiful woman can be a victim of many men who pretend to be completely normal and have financial power, but are in fact mentally ill without being diagnosed.

      It's very easy to do something against someone online...

      Your daughter can be a victim of a crazy millionaire. How will she prove to the world that a supposedly respectful gentleman who owns a powerful website is causing damages to her simple website on purpose (or doing something else against her) only because he wants to find ways to control her actions?

      ...And that he is doing that only because he likes her, and he wants to possess her?

      Everybody will laugh with this problem. Your daughter won't be able to do anything against her enemies.

      Uhm... maybe we are getting carried away just a teeny weeny bit here?
      Signature
      Arnold Stolting - Stolting Media Group
      "I LOVE The Song! The Vibe Is Positive And Firm!" - Kymani Marley. (Son of Bob Marley)
      "Keep Up The Good Work!" Tony Lindsay - Lead Vocalist, Carlos Santana.

      "Very High Quality!" Jeremy Harding - Manager / Producer. Sean Paul.
      "They Are FANTASTIC!" - Willie Crawford.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287669].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AJMontoya
        Just a little. I think this topic went way off course.
        Originally Posted by stoltingmediagroup View Post

        Uhm... maybe we are getting carried away just a teeny weeny bit here?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287683].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author clever7
        Originally Posted by stoltingmediagroup View Post

        Uhm... maybe we are getting carried away just a teeny weeny bit here?
        I could mention many real cases.

        Have you ever read anything about terrorism?

        Or, is terrorism something rare in our world?


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author clever7
      Originally Posted by FreeMeal View Post

      Have you been reading 50 Shades of Grey?
      No, I deal with terrorism in my daily life. I'm an expert on this matter.

      The OP's daughter must be very careful.

      Wish this was only an unnecessary precaution...


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author archie79
    Just curious, did they give a reason for the ban? Can you contact customer support and see what they say? Sometimes things like this can be cleared up easily by just contacting them and letting them know you're real. Just a thought!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287697].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      No reason given just two generic reasons were given we may have banned your account for aggressive following or automated following. Again the account had no followers.



      Originally Posted by archie79 View Post

      Just curious, did they give a reason for the ban? Can you contact customer support and see what they say? Sometimes things like this can be cleared up easily by just contacting them and letting them know you're real. Just a thought!
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287814].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BobTheBostonian
        Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

        No reason given just two generic reasons were given we may have banned your account for aggressive following or automated following. Again the account had no followers.
        That's not "no reason". Who'd you follow? The basic suggestions like Obama, Jimmy Fallon, Bo Burnham? Or were you targeting people? You didn't reveal the nature of the tweet either.

        That's the problem with things like this: you're only going to get half of the story and the person telling it isn't going to be too keen to talk about what they were actually doing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287824].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
          Sorry I didn’t do a good job of explaining it. The only people she followed were when they make you choose 5 people to follow when you open the account. The put her through that cycle twice she followed 10 people which she had to do to activate the account. That is the whole story.



          Originally Posted by BobTheBostonian View Post

          That's not "no reason". Who'd you follow? The basic suggestions like Obama, Jimmy Fallon, Bo Burnham? Or were you targeting people? You didn't reveal the nature of the tweet either.

          That's the problem with things like this: you're only going to get half of the story and the person telling it isn't going to be too keen to talk about what they were actually doing.
          Signature
          Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author archie79
    Just another thought, you could have her black out some of her teeth and spread some mud on her face with her hair a mess! Maybe that would do it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DFTskillz
    Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

    To make a long story short my 24 year old daughter has been helping me with one my projects. We set-up a twitter account for her, she sent out one tweet , and her account was banned. She had no followers at the time, and only followed the few that you're required to follow to start the account. She had her picture in her profile. The only thing I can figure out is they wacked the account because she was an attractive female so they assumed it was a scam.
    Sorry I seriously fail to see the marketing behind this story, clearly in the wrong section.
    Signature

    Here's an Aweber alternative, the new and upcoming Sendorika

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287724].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      Is using twitter to market your site not marketing?

      Originally Posted by DFTskillz View Post

      Sorry I seriously fail to see the marketing behind this story, clearly in the wrong section.
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    Sue Twitter for sexual discrimination.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gambino
    I see attractive women on twitter every single day. You should probably read the rules and contact Twitter, since they're the only one who may have some sort of answer. Then complete the reinstatement process.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287736].message }}
  • I am not really sure what happened there. I can see a lot of seemingly scam profiles on twitter but they are not banned. Perhaps it's a mistake? Did you try contacting twitter? Perhaps they can reinstate the account.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adie
    It's hard to make assumption but I am beginning to believe after I heard several stories like that. Facebook do the same. My friend who is very attractive can't even send a single invitation even to people with more than 20 mutual friends..
    Signature



    Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

    Signature edited.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287810].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      It doesn't surprise me. Some of you may think this is a B.S. story but I am seeing a real bias against attractive females in social media by the social media companies.

      Originally Posted by Adie View Post

      It's hard to make assumption but I am beginning to believe after I heard several stories like that. Facebook do the same. My friend who is very attractive can't even send a single invitation even to people with more than 20 mutual friends..
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287823].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CyberAlien
        Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

        It doesn't surprise me. Some of you may think this is a B.S. story but I am seeing a real bias against attractive females in social media by the social media companies.
        Seriously? There are plenty of attractive females on FaceBook, Twitter, etc.

        What made your daughter different? Is she more attractive than all the other females with accounts so they just targeted her? Do you really think that happened?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BobTheBostonian
    No, it's not. I asked you what the tweet that you put out was. Go ahead and repost it, word for word, right here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287948].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      I cant re post it word for word because there is no access to the account.


      It said something like [check out my first you tube video]

      Originally Posted by BobTheBostonian View Post

      No, it's not. I asked you what the tweet that you put out was. Go ahead and repost it, word for word, right here.
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287961].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BobTheBostonian
    What was the Youtube video.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287971].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      It was video where she narrated a tutorial on how to install wordpress on a cpanel server. The same video was accepted for promotion in You Tube and is currently being promoted.

      Originally Posted by BobTheBostonian View Post

      What was the Youtube video.
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287976].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author joseph7384
        Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

        It was video where she narrated a tutorial on how to install wordpress on a cpanel server. The same video was accepted for promotion in You Tube and is currently being promoted.
        The notion that the ban was because she is pretty is far fetched. I noticed that in your signature you have a Wordpress blog about setting up a Wordpress membership sites, if both you and your daughter share the same ip address and you have that site in your profile, it is very possible that they may believe that you created another account and uploaded a pic of a pretty girl to hide behind.

        Having multiple accounts is acceptable but they may frown upon deception which may not be the case but was picked up by their filters.




        P.S. I cannot possibly know the exact reason for the ban, it is just a thought to ponder over.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288267].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
          I think you are exactly right. You hit on what I was trying to get at namely if a younger attractive female creates a twitter account it is sort of by default assumed as you say: [someone] created [an] account and uploaded a pic of a pretty girl to hide behind. I don’t deny that happens a lot as I run several FaceBook groups and 90% of the people that join those groups to spam set their profiles up to pass themselves off as 20 something attractive females. That being said here in the U.S. Legally speaking it is kind of frowned upon for businesses to discriminate based on sex, race, age and etc. and that seems to be what is going on here at least from what I have seen.
          .



          Originally Posted by joseph7384 View Post

          The notion that the ban was because she is pretty is far fetched. I noticed that in your signature you have a Wordpress blog about setting up a Wordpress membership sites, if both you and your daughter share the same ip address and you have that site in your profile, it is very possible that they may believe that you created another account and uploaded a pic of a pretty girl to hide behind.

          Having multiple accounts is acceptable but they may frown upon deception which may not be the case but was picked up by their filters.




          P.S. I cannot possibly know the exact reason for the ban, it is just a thought to ponder over.
          Signature
          Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288292].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Saul
            Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

            I think you are exactly right. You hit on what I was trying to get at namely if a younger attractive female creates a twitter account it is sort of by default assumed as you say: [someone] created [an] account and uploaded a pic of a pretty girl to hide behind.
            given everything else you posted and what others have added it sounds to me like a run of the mill outsourced service error.

            I doubt twitter pays its own people to go through the trivial tasks of hand checking the profiles that were automatically flagged for some reason. It's more likely they outsource this tedious repetitive operation, and if they work like any business does with outsourcers, they have given them service level agreements, targets etc.

            Maybe your daughter's profile was the one missing to reach a target (i.e. 15% of the list cleaned, or X many profiles banned, etc) and got itself caught in the meat grinder of outsourced services. Or even more simply, the operator that closed her account was tired (or distracted, or learning the ropes) and didn't check things thouroughly before acting.

            As you said - they saw a pretty girl, a commercial link and just brought down the ban hammer.

            Have you got any reply to your support request from twitter?

            ciao!
            Signature

            Ω OmegaRainbow - Player of Games! Ω

            | Youtube | Twitter | Google+ |

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BobTheBostonian
    You were probably caught by a spam filter then. Random account pops up and the first thing that is mentioned is an IM niche Youtube video?

    Heck, you might have even been reported by a human. What hashtag did you use? Just because it's not trending doesn't mean a human isn't searching it. You used it for a reason after all.

    Don't blame it on imagined Twitter sexism. Blame it on poor marketing planning and execution.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287987].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      So if she had done it like I suggested and auto tweeted it via You Tube whenever she uploads a video it would have been ok? If she got reported for spam it was because of her profile picture as it wasn't a make money on the Internet video.


      Originally Posted by BobTheBostonian View Post

      You were probably caught by a spam filter then. Random account pops up and the first thing that is mentioned is an IM niche Youtube video?

      Heck, you might have even been reported by a human. What hashtag did you use? Just because it's not trending doesn't mean a human isn't searching it. You used it for a reason after all.

      Don't blame it on imagined Twitter sexism. Blame it on poor marketing planning and execution.
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288010].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BobTheBostonian
        Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

        So if she had done it like I suggested and auto tweeted it via You Tube whenever she uploads a video it would have been ok? If she got reported for spam it was because of her profile picture as it wasn’t a make money on the Internet video.
        You haven't based that accusation on anything. You're hoping because it's easier to believe that "the man" is out to get you. As I said before all that there is here is your side of the story, which is less than half at best.

        Your video was how to install wordpress on a cpanel server. Only certain things are coming out of that: web design/managing services, hosting affiliate services, or "I'll teach you how to set up your website" services. All fall under the large umbrella of IM topics, and will attract the people that are in that niche. You said so yourself in your original post: this is one of your "projects", which in the context of a marketing forum means it is safe to infer that this video wasn't a "out of the kindness of your heart" tutorial to help some 12 year old blogger get her diary online.

        Your Twitter "project" was poorly executed. Deal with it and move on. Or don't. There's enough people working on the "projects" that I mentioned above as it is.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288044].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
          I don’t think the man is out to get me. I posted this to encourage a discussion about this issue. I was also curious if anybody else has ran into this particular issue. At least one other poster said he had a friend who did. I think there is real bias against younger females on social media in other words it is sort of assumed you are a spammer.


          I know from my own experience on my account with my ugly mug I could tweet out a link to a new product called super sleazy make money so fast you will be a millionaire in 24 hours with my push button wealth and nobody would bat an eye at it.



          Originally Posted by BobTheBostonian View Post

          You haven't based that accusation on anything. You're hoping because it's easier to believe that "the man" is out to get you. As I said before all that there is here is your side of the story, which is less than half at best.

          Your video was how to install wordpress on a cpanel server. Only certain things are coming out of that: web design/managing services, hosting affiliate services, or "I'll teach you how to set up your website" services. All fall under the large umbrella of IM topics, and will attract the people that are in that niche. You said so yourself in your original post: this is one of your "projects", which in the context of a marketing forum means it is safe to infer that this video wasn't a "out of the kindness of your heart" tutorial to help some 12 year old blogger get her diary online.

          Your Twitter "project" was poorly executed. Deal with it and move on. Or don't. There's enough people working on the "projects" that I mentioned above as it is.
          Signature
          Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Social App Zone
    Does she look like anybody famous. For example if she is the spitting image of Justin Beiber then that could be the case?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8287999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Plugin Profits
    Lol! And I thought I was paranoid for coming up with crazy assumptions for admin deletions on this site.

    As far as I know, Twitter doesn't have an automatated algorithm for reading photos and calculating some scientific measures of attractiveness of them. Hah.

    If she was banned instantly it was likely some auto thing triggered, same as with her Google account. Which would be words or links or IP addresses or some other trigger. Same as what Paypal uses, Gmail, Facebook and other sites. It's common and not discriminatory. Gmail will require phone verification if there are certain criteria or you login from a different IP than what you signed up with. I've never once been able to even set up a single FB ad as everytime I have tried they ban my ad account instantly. Only cause of automated things they can detect, not sure exactly which criteria. Could be that I was traveling and logged in with a different IP or could of been some other thing that triggered their security off.

    You're being extremely paranoid. These sites are huge, they are not manually approving each account by some human judging photos uploaded and having biases against them. They only individually look at accounts when they are flagged by other users or something.

    There are not only every famous supermodel on Twitter, though there are Endless fake accounts of those same beautiful supermodels and they are not banned. Might happen some of the time, though for the most part they are there to stay and even use their names!

    Same with Facebook. Do you know how many beautiful women are on Facebook? Or how many 'fake' beautiful women profiles there are there with very revealing photos? How many Fan pages of sexy girls with millions of fans that are not shut down?

    Lol!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288129].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      It wasn't instant banned the account was 2 days old. What I suspect happened is the account triggered a flag through their automated system when she registered as you suggested. Eventually a human from Twitter reviewed the account because of the flag and saw the picture of a 24 year old on it and said oh that's a spammer because she is female, attractive and talking about how to install WordPress. lol


      The Google account was the same way. She created the channel uploaded the video and it was fine. Then she went to promote the video (which triggers a human review) and they said wait a minute here we think you might have misappropriated that identity. We need some proof that is really you. The point being if it was my ugly mug that did the video and promoted it they would have never said hey wait a minute we think you might be trying to misappropriate someone's image to promote your product.



      Originally Posted by Plugin Profits View Post

      Lol! And I thought I was paranoid for coming up with crazy assumptions for admin deletions on this site.

      As far as I know, Twitter doesn't have an automatated algorithm for reading photos and calculating some scientific measures of attractiveness of them. Hah.

      If she was banned instantly it was likely some auto thing triggered, same as with her Google account. Which would be words or links or IP addresses or some other trigger. Same as what Paypal uses, Gmail, Facebook and other sites. It's common and not discriminatory. Gmail will require phone verification if there are certain criteria or you login from a different IP than what you signed up with. I've never once been able to even set up a single FB ad as everytime I have tried they ban my ad account instantly. Only cause of automated things they can detect, not sure exactly which criteria. Could be that I was traveling and logged in with a different IP or could of been some other thing that triggered their security off.

      You're being extremely paranoid. These sites are huge, they are not manually approving each account by some human judging photos uploaded and having biases against them. They only individually look at accounts when they are flagged by other users or something.

      There are not only every famous supermodel on Twitter, though there are Endless fake accounts of those same beautiful supermodels and they are not banned. Might happen some of the time, though for the most part they are there to stay and even use their names!

      Same with Facebook. Do you know how many beautiful women are on Facebook? Or how many 'fake' beautiful women profiles there are there with very revealing photos? How many Fan pages of sexy girls with millions of fans that are not shut down?

      Lol!
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288202].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Plugin Profits
        Originally Posted by Mark Alan;

        The point being if it was my ugly mug that did the video and promoted it they would have never said hey wait a minute we think you might be trying to misappropriate someone's image to promote your product.
        There's your solution then! Change your IP and set up a new account with your own photo and do the same steps again and you should be just fine. If not, then you know that wasn't the reason.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288850].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
          Why would I use my photo? This is something she wants to do, and social media is geared towards the younger demographic. I am 44 she has a much easier time relating the people in that demographic. In other words it would be a bad business decision.

          Originally Posted by Plugin Profits View Post

          There's your solution then! Change your IP and set up a new account with your own photo and do the same steps again and you should be just fine. If not, then you know that wasn't the reason.
          Signature
          Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8291595].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ReferralCandy
      Originally Posted by BobTheBostonian View Post

      You were probably caught by a spam filter then. Random account pops up and the first thing that is mentioned is an IM niche Youtube video?

      Heck, you might have even been reported by a human. What hashtag did you use? Just because it's not trending doesn't mean a human isn't searching it. You used it for a reason after all.

      Don't blame it on imagined Twitter sexism. Blame it on poor marketing planning and execution.
      Originally Posted by Plugin Profits View Post

      As far as I know, Twitter doesn't have an automatated algorithm for reading photos and calculating some scientific measures of attractiveness of them. Hah.

      You're being extremely paranoid. These sites are huge, they are not manually approving each account by some human judging photos uploaded and having biases against them. They only individually look at accounts when they are flagged by other users or something.

      There are not only every famous supermodel on Twitter, though there are Endless fake accounts of those same beautiful supermodels and they are not banned. Might happen some of the time, though for the most part they are there to stay and even use their names!

      Same with Facebook. Do you know how many beautiful women are on Facebook? Or how many 'fake' beautiful women profiles there are there with very revealing photos? How many Fan pages of sexy girls with millions of fans that are not shut down?

      Lol!
      Agreed. You were probably flagged either by the system, or by someone for trying to link people to your youtube account. When the staff went to review it, they saw that it was an attractive female teaching people how to use wordpress. Stereotyping, but it is possible. It might have led them to assume that you were some bloke who was using a female's photo to get attention and traffic to your youtube account or site.

      So it's probably a combination of two reasons: flagged for spamming, and for "using" a female's photo to get attention.
      Signature

      Measure, manage and incentivize customer referrals with ReferralCandy.

      PS: Looking to get more repeat customers for a physical store? Check out CandyBar's digital loyalty cards!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288446].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author clever7
      Originally Posted by Plugin Profits View Post

      Lol! And I thought I was paranoid for coming up with crazy assumptions for admin deletions on this site.

      As far as I know, Twitter doesn't have an automatated algorithm for reading photos and calculating some scientific measures of attractiveness of them. Hah.

      If she was banned instantly it was likely some auto thing triggered, same as with her Google account. Which would be words or links or IP addresses or some other trigger. Same as what Paypal uses, Gmail, Facebook and other sites. It's common and not discriminatory. Gmail will require phone verification if there are certain criteria or you login from a different IP than what you signed up with. I've never once been able to even set up a single FB ad as everytime I have tried they ban my ad account instantly. Only cause of automated things they can detect, not sure exactly which criteria. Could be that I was traveling and logged in with a different IP or could of been some other thing that triggered their security off.

      You're being extremely paranoid. These sites are huge, they are not manually approving each account by some human judging photos uploaded and having biases against them. They only individually look at accounts when they are flagged by other users or something.

      There are not only every famous supermodel on Twitter, though there are Endless fake accounts of those same beautiful supermodels and they are not banned. Might happen some of the time, though for the most part they are there to stay and even use their names!

      Same with Facebook. Do you know how many beautiful women are on Facebook? Or how many 'fake' beautiful women profiles there are there with very revealing photos? How many Fan pages of sexy girls with millions of fans that are not shut down?

      Lol!
      Your conclusions seem to be quite logical. However, there are also many human beings online. Nothing works 'completely automatically' without human interventions. And some people are different for some reason...




      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288842].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Plugin Profits
        Originally Posted by clever7 View Post

        Your conclusions seem to be quite logical. However, there are also many human beings online. Nothing works 'completely automatically' without human interventions. And some people are different for some reason...




        Like I said if the account gets flagged by a human or some types of automated flags, then there'll be a human review. Though it's not standard and they don't look at every account, just as the mods here don't read every thread.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    Actually, it is pretty hard to go without notice with a new twitter account these days.

    About two months ago, I set up a new account. I did not even tweet anything. I simply followed people, and the account got whacked.

    LOL
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288217].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Plugin Profits
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      Actually, it is pretty hard to go without notice with a new twitter account these days.

      About two months ago, I set up a new account. I did not even tweet anything. I simply followed people, and the account got whacked.

      LOL
      It must of been cause you're a 20 something attractive female then!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288787].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tpw
        Originally Posted by Plugin Profits View Post

        It must of been cause you're a 20 something attractive female then!

        Butt-Ugly redneck would be closer to the truth... :p
        Signature
        Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
        Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8289621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PROmotions LLC
    Twitter for sure doesn't allow attractive women to have profiles, to get around this, you can either use an ugly picture you found online, or take a picture of yourself making a gross face.

    ........jk
    Signature

    Signature!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author apnavarun
    Really? That means there are no attractive pic on twitterrrrr....... You might be banned for some other reason. I had 200 twitter accounts with millions of followers and I wasn't able to handle them (tweeting) so I decided to hire few celebrities like justin and kim.. to tweet regularly and see they enjoying it. :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
    The neighbor's house got painted white. Mine was painted grey the same summer. His did not get robbed. Mine did. Obviously, thieves like to pick on people with grey houses, and not white.

    Well, perhaps there is a flaw in my logic; I forgot there might be other reasons they picked on me, and that just because I suspect something is true, and then strongly assert it, doesn't mean I actually know it is true. The entire thread is a mere guessing game, and a paranoid one at that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8288995].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author clever7
      Originally Posted by Greg guitar View Post

      The neighbor's house got painted white. Mine was painted grey the same summer. His did not get robbed. Mine did. Obviously, thieves like to pick on people with grey houses, and not white.

      Well, perhaps there is a flaw in my logic; I forgot there might be other reasons they picked on me, and that just because I suspect something is true, and then strongly assert it, doesn't mean I actually know it is true. The entire thread is a mere guessing game, and a paranoid one at that.
      Paranoia is suspicion without evidence; not suspicion based on facts.

      Perhaps the reason why her account was banned was very simple, but we are analyzing all possibilities.

      We are not doing that only because we want to discover what exactly happened in this case, but because we are trying to understand what can happen online in general terms.



      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8289382].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
        Originally Posted by clever7 View Post

        Paranoia is suspicion without evidence; not suspicion based on facts.

        Perhaps the reason why her account was banned was very simple, but we are analyzing all possibilities.

        We are not doing that only because we want to discover what exactly happened in this case, but because we are trying to understand what can happen online in general terms.



        Actually, paranoid people very commonly use facts to support their suspicions, and very commonly become avid gatherers of more facts they think relevant, but that doesn't mean they aren't making wildly speculative conclusions about those facts. Facts are one thing; making them fit your narrative is another, and we all do it (but clearly, not all narratives are equal, the same facts can be used to support opposite points of view).

        Unless I missed something, you have mentioned a few facts, but they amount to very thin evidence to support your premise that twitter is shutting down accounts based on youth, the female gender, and the attractiveness of the profile pic.

        Correct me if I'm wrong, but here is pretty much the entirety of your case factually, (3 basic points) from what you've said in the thread: 1) that you believe your daughter fits the profile you suspect Twitter uses to discriminate: young, female, and with an attractive pic, and 2) her account got shut down shortly after uploading her attractive pic, and 3) she didn't do anything else you can figure out that would have triggered the ban, so you presume it was caused by who she is, since she did nothing wrong in your opinion.

        Unless there is more to the story, then as I said earlier, the whole thread is based on pure conjecture; the above facts do not constitute a strong case for discrimination; they allow for that possibility, but there are many other possibilities they also allow for. Your whole case so far is a suspicion with very scant, inconclusive evidence to support it, and good reasons to doubt it.

        PS: As an afterthought, I'm adding something I figured you might find a glaring omission that I left out above, although seriously, I forgot it because it is so useless as evidence for your case: fact #4) That your "ugly mug" account wasn't banned, which led you to suspect it was the pretty face that did it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlineworkers
    No Idea for attractiveness, but IP address may be one of the reason. Because once I had seen my fried creating multiple accounts from different IP addresses, when I asked WHY?. His reply was "Twitter bans accounts from same IP addresses."... Not sure about this, but heard the banning because of Ip address issues in lot of discussions....

    regards
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8289046].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Victor Edson
    I can't think of 1 attractive female named Mark! Then I read the post. Sometimes stuff happens, just set up another account and if it happens again, wait a few days to add your links to your profile and before tweeting any links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8290725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
    There is so much nonsense in this thread I wouldn't know where to start. So I'll just say, "people, get a grip!"
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8290954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ellywoue
    If pornstars can have twitter accounts i'm sue your doughtier can as well.

    It might've just been a misunderstanding. Contact Twitter and let them know.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8290993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ebbo
    I had my Facebook account banned when I first opened it cause they said I didn't use my real name, which I did. Apparently my real name wasn't real enough.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8291583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Max Greenflame
    Definitely picture is not the reason for banning. It could be a suspicious link, bio box content, tweet or even Twitter system glitch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8291696].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
    Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

    To make a long story short my 24 year old daughter has been helping me with one my projects. We set-up a twitter account for her, she sent out one tweet , and her account was banned. She had no followers at the time, and only followed the few that you're required to follow to start the account. She had her picture in her profile. The only thing I can figure out is they wacked the account because she was an attractive female so they assumed it was a scam.
    I dont think they will do it for that reason there are so many pretty girls on twitter. But have her create an account again under a different email address and see what proceeds.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Humbee360
    I would say that what might be far more likely is that IF, you logged into your own twitter account, then generated a new one with different details you may have appeared to be impersonating someone, ) (not judging at all, just saying that many online companies are really going far deeper into detection of fake accounts these days)

    I can see it from both sides, If my daughter lives at my home and creates an account, then how is that an indication of a problem, who knows for sure how they do things, but I also tend to doubt that the account was zinged due to an image of a beautiful woman, my daughter is also very attractive and has never had a problem like that, but who knows it might happen in the morning,. LOL
    Signature
    "Everything goes where attention flows..."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ClaraBr
    Banned
    If they banned her account because they thought it was a scam on account of her good looks, you should be proud that you have such a beautiful daughter! She can try with a new account and see if they ban it too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wonton
    Does she always reply with her comment above the quoted text?
    If so it was justified.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292597].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
    Worst topic ever on WF.

    Makes me wonder why I come here and waste my time reading this nonsense.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292602].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      Originally Posted by RockingLastsForever View Post

      Worst topic ever on WF.

      Makes me wonder why I come here and waste my time reading this nonsense.

      Makes me wonder what prompted you to open this thread.... :rolleyes:
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292647].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by maxcl View Post

        I am now nervously waiting for the Google Amanda update which automatically de-indexes any website with a pretty girl called Amanda on it.
        You might have to wait a while for that: they like alliterative updates to go with their Panda and Penguin. We might get the Pandora, Philippa and Petronella updates some time soon, though.

        Originally Posted by Saul View Post

        As you said - they saw a pretty girl, a commercial link and just brought down the ban hammer.
        This. Is what happened here, it seems.

        The rest was blather and nonsense. Some of it, admittedly, was reasonably entertaining blather and nonsense.

        Originally Posted by tpw View Post

        Makes me wonder what prompted you to open this thread.... :rolleyes:
        I know you weren't asking me, but if you were wondering, I'm here only because I heard you were here, Bill.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8295037].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
          Sure I created the thread with an entertaining title by design, but it is a real problem. I also have yet to get a response from twitter about the account.

          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post



          This. Is what happened here, it seems.

          The rest was blather and nonsense. Some of it, admittedly, was reasonably entertaining blather and nonsense.


          Signature
          Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8299808].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author UnkwnUsr
    Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

    To make a long story short my 24 year old daughter has been helping me with one my projects. We set-up a twitter account for her, she sent out one tweet , and her account was banned. She had no followers at the time, and only followed the few that you're required to follow to start the account. She had her picture in her profile. The only thing I can figure out is they wacked the account because she was an attractive female so they assumed it was a scam.
    Maybe it has more to do with what you were linking to, someone probably saw it and thought it was a fake profile clearly promoting some affiliate offer or worse an MLM scheme. Next time put up some non-commercial tweets for a while so you can build up some followers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theemperor
    Everyone thinks their own son/daughter is beautiful. Just saying!
    Signature
    Learn to code faster, and remove the roadblocks. Get stuff done and shipped! PM me and I can help you with programming tutoring, specialising in Web and the following languages: Javascript ~ HTML ~ CSS ~ React ~ JQuery ~ Typescript ~ NodeJS ~ C#.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292808].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      I can agree with that.

      Originally Posted by theemperor View Post

      Everyone thinks their own son/daughter is beautiful. Just saying!
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292835].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    We don't know if what happened was because of discrimination, because the OP’s daughter is extremely attractive and gets attention, because Twitter suspected that this was a false second account created by her father, or because of another reason not analyzed here.

    I believe that instead of concluding that many suppositions are absurd, we had better conclude that many strange things can happen to anyone, and the reasons why they may happen are not as obvious as they seem to be.


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author conqueror
    LOL better upload a picture wearing grandmother`s clothes and no makeup. I`m sure that will work
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8293910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author owais211
    Banned
    It seems to be a new idea to me...does it mean that only ugly women and maybe men are allowed?
    Sounds funny
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JimDucharme
    I want to help you sort this out. Please feel free to use my profile pick to create a new account for yourself. If the account is banned then we absolutely know that this has nothing to do with the profile pick being too good looking.

    Excuse me now...I have to shave...where did I put that Occam's razor?



    Regards,
    jim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxcl
    I am now nervously waiting for the Google Amanda update which automatically de-indexes any website with a pretty girl called Amanda on it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
    To give you a quick update on this she was going to create a new account today. We looked at the old account and it has been reinstated, but the odd thing is they took her profile pic down. We never got a response of any kind as to why the account was shut down or why it was reinstated without the profile picture.



    I am going to have her set her You Tube videos to auto tweet when she uploads them inside You Tube.
    Signature
    Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8328526].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author muffty
    Let her use my Photo - then she'll be fine!!!!!!!!!!!
    Signature
    Click Here for your FREE Report ~ TIPS AND TRICKS OF AFFILIATE MARKETING
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8330074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charanjit
    most likely you triggerd one of their safe guards against spam
    ..
    Signature

    Want to learn more, read read and read more. http://www.mannusblog.com/index.php/...e-optimisation

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8330202].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fpdeziner
    Never heard anything like that before. There is nothing like this you said.
    But if you show that Photo of your daughter, then we can have a better look into this matter. lolz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
      Here is the YouTube video in question and the profile pic in her YouTube Channel is the same one she used for twitter.

      Originally Posted by fpdeziner View Post

      Never heard anything like that before. There is nothing like this you said.
      But if you show that Photo of your daughter, then we can have a better look into this matter. lolz
      Signature
      Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8347564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dad2four
    Correct, it's in their TOS.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8347488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
    Originally Posted by mediamarket View Post

    It might of just been a fluke, the account was picked up by spam filters.
    yea i agree i don't think they were specifically targeting her.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8347490].message }}

Trending Topics