eBooks vs Audio, which one converts more?

by sunnyc
18 replies
Just curious and wondering which one of the two converts more. I know some people are addicted to audio products, while some claim that they prefer to read the book. From the perspective of a marketer, which one shows the most conversions?
#audio #converts #ebooks
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Morgan
    You can offer both in your product so that the buyers get both versions. Some people offer all various versions so that the reader can have the best of all worlds.

    You can however have an ebook for a front end product, and offer the audio version of the ebook as an upsell.

    eg- Blogging Mania ebook = $19.99

    Upsell = Blogging Mania audio version = $29.99

    so those who purchase the ebook get promoted the audio version of the ebook, which builds up your funnel, and can raise your profits.
    Signature
    -> [FREE WSO 1] Discover 77 FREE Ways To Generate Traffic!
    -> [FREE WSO 2] Discover 67 Killer Traffic Methods Which Will Crush Your Competition!
    -> [FREE WSO 3] Discover 77 Amazing Blogging Tips To Explode Your Profits!

    ...…..Now LISTEN CAREFULLY! ===> [WSO REPORTS 4, 5, 6 are >> Found Here]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292638].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sunnyc
      Originally Posted by Matt Morgan View Post

      You can offer both in your product so that the buyers get both versions. Some people offer all various versions so that the reader can have the best of all worlds.

      You can however have an ebook for a front end product, and offer the audio version of the ebook as an upsell.

      eg- Blogging Mania ebook = $19.99

      Upsell = Blogging Mania audio version = $29.99

      so those who purchase the ebook get promoted the audio version of the ebook, which builds up your funnel, and can raise your profits.
      Great post, I offer both versions, just wondered which one converts more. Also, I take it the audio version should be more expensive? I offer both at the same price but i've noticed that other people sell their audio versions at a price that is higher that the book format.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292687].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Matt Morgan
        Originally Posted by sunnyc View Post

        Great post, I offer both versions, just wondered which one converts more. Also, I take it the audio version should be more expensive? I offer both at the same price but i've noticed that other people sell their audio versions at a price that is higher that the book format.
        The audio version is higher in many cases, as it has a higher 'perceived' value.

        For example:
        Ebook = $5-20
        Audio version = $17-47
        Signature
        -> [FREE WSO 1] Discover 77 FREE Ways To Generate Traffic!
        -> [FREE WSO 2] Discover 67 Killer Traffic Methods Which Will Crush Your Competition!
        -> [FREE WSO 3] Discover 77 Amazing Blogging Tips To Explode Your Profits!

        ...…..Now LISTEN CAREFULLY! ===> [WSO REPORTS 4, 5, 6 are >> Found Here]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292702].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sunnyc
          Originally Posted by Matt Morgan View Post

          The audio version is higher in many cases, as it has a higher 'perceived' value.

          For example:
          Ebook = $5-20
          Audio version = $17-47
          Good info,

          Thing is my product is already $39.99, don't want to scare away customers by going to $49.99 for the audio. I'm new to all this so I need all the good info I can get.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292788].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ArtAndSoulLady
            I vote Ebook!
            Signature
            I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292794].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark .W. James
      Originally Posted by Matt Morgan View Post

      You can offer both in your product so that the buyers get both versions. Some people offer all various versions so that the reader can have the best of all worlds.

      You can however have an ebook for a front end product, and offer the audio version of the ebook as an upsell.

      eg- Blogging Mania ebook = $19.99

      Upsell = Blogging Mania audio version = $29.99

      so those who purchase the ebook get promoted the audio version of the ebook, which builds up your funnel, and can raise your profits.

      now thats a great idea!

      however my experience tells me its the ebooks which trump all... yes videos and audio tend to build more trust.. it increases the human factor but i believe ppl are mroe comfortable reading...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8295967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    Morgan hit a grand slam with his first swing here.

    Why not offer both?

    Why not create as much media as you possibly can with each single piece of content? Or idea?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292640].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sunnyc
      Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

      Morgan hit a grand slam with his first swing here.

      Why not offer both?

      Why not create as much media as you possibly can with each single piece of content? Or idea?

      I like the way you think!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Horacioplus
    Ebook + Audio = Video would be a better choice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292699].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sunnyc
      Originally Posted by Horacioplus View Post

      Ebook + Audio = Video would be a better choice.
      That is a route that I will be going on next for my membership series. Thanks for your input!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author retsced
    Originally Posted by sunnyc View Post

    I know some people are addicted to audio products, while some claim that they prefer to read the book.
    It's one thing having the audio format as an upsell, but keep in mind that the audio and video lovers may never see the upsell if all you're offering on the main sales page is the text version.

    Just something to think about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292732].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sunnyc
      Originally Posted by retsced View Post

      It's one thing having the audio format as an upsell, but keep in mind that the audio and video lovers may never see the upsell if all you're offering on the main sales page is the text version.

      Just something to think about.
      You're absolutely right and I have both products on my sales page! I ask the prospective customers to choose the format they prefer.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8292791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author conqueror
    I would offer all possible variants: Audio, Ebook, Audio+Ebook combination
    They`ll choose whatever they are mostly interested in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8293885].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author owais211
    Banned
    ebook or Audio Version?
    I would say both can work a great deal and i would try on both of them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dragone
    Creating an upsell would maximise potential revenue but also consider selling book for $10 or book and audio for $20 packaged to make them feel they are getting a great combination. Those buy 2 and save usually works fairly well in marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294766].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sunnyc
      Originally Posted by Dragone View Post

      Creating an upsell would maximise potential revenue but also consider selling book for $10 or book and audio for $20 packaged to make them feel they are getting a great combination. Those buy 2 and save usually works fairly well in marketing.
      I already have my upsells in place, and I agree with the effectiveness of the buy 2 and save.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8295889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sackboy127
    You should try the following marketing trick:

    Ebook version - $10
    Audio version - $25
    Ebook + Audio version - $25

    Which one do you think they will choose?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8296419].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sunnyc
      Originally Posted by sackboy127 View Post

      You should try the following marketing trick:

      Ebook version - $10
      Audio version - $25
      Ebook + Audio version - $25

      Which one do you think they will choose?
      Now, that is a good strategy!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8300920].message }}

Trending Topics