Do people want to put in the least amount of work possible?

9 replies
I've been going through all the products I've been selling, and I've noticed that the best selling ones are usually the "made for you and ready to go with the least amount of work possible" products as opposed to the "how to do this" products.

I know we live in a time where it's much easier to automate things, but one thing that most people (especially myself at the beginning) want are the quick and easy solutions. Most of us here on the WF know that's far from the truth and we still have to put quite a lot of effort to make money online.

I posted a thread in the Mind Warriors - Success, Power, Self-Improvement forum that out of all my subscribers, only one person emailed me saying she finally went full time thanks to the stuff I've recommended to her. I know my list is pretty responsive and they listen and buy from me, but I would like to know if they've been taking the appropriate action.

I've shown a few people what I do and most of them looked overwhelmed at the amount of work that's involved.

Making money online is about taking action and learning from your mistakes. Rinse and repeat. However, I think that most people want the "taking action" part to be as simple as possible. I know I did at the beginning.

What do you guys think?
#amount #people #put #work
  • Profile picture of the author BobTheBostonian
    Do people want to put in the least amount of work possible?

    Of course they do. And when people tell them that it is possible (see: your own signature), they think it is possible. I'm kind of shocked that you would admit openly that in the entire time that you've been in business you've gotten one person to a full time income.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324093].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
      Originally Posted by BobTheBostonian View Post

      Do people want to put in the least amount of work possible?

      Of course they do. And when people tell them that it is possible (see: your own signature), they think it is possible. I'm kind of shocked that you would admit openly that in the entire time that you've been in business you've gotten one person to a full time income.
      Well, only one person has emailed me personally. I dunno about the rest, but I hope they're all doing well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imperets
    I think part of the reason this industry is continuing to survive and thrive is because of the myth maintained by many sellers who claim that one can have a "passive automated income".

    What is even sadder is that people believe in this myth. Any business, whether it's online or offline, requires commitment, patience, persistence and, well, intelligence. The only way to reach true passivity and automation is to scale up the business by hiring other people to run it. There is no software or system that is flexible enough to deliver human-quality results.

    Push button solutions and automated income streams do find their customer, and some may argue that those who buy them do so due to their own laziness.

    I am glad that there are still plenty of ethical sellers that offer real solutions with the purpose to facilitate running a business, instead of providing some magic pill.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324144].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author joaquin112
      Originally Posted by imperetse View Post

      I think part of the reason this industry is continuing to survive and thrive is because of the myth maintained by many sellers who claim that one can have a "passive automated income".

      What is even sadder is that people believe in this myth. Any business, whether it's online or offline, requires commitment, patience, persistence and, well, intelligence. The only way to reach true passivity and automation is to scale up the business by hiring other people to run it. There is no software or system that is flexible enough to deliver human-quality results.

      Push button solutions and automated income streams do find their customer, and some may argue that those who buy them do so due to their own laziness.

      I am glad that there are still plenty of ethical sellers that offer real solutions with the purpose to facilitate running a business, instead of providing some magic pill.
      It's not a myth. It IS possible to have passive automated income in IM. It's just a lot harder than in 2007, when I made several K per month without even having to update my sites. I'm sure a lot of people still make thousands without any significant time / effort. It's just not likely for beginners, though.
      Signature

      Publish your digital course at Accomplisher.com. We create the video sales letter, drive affiliate traffic and split the profits with you. If you want to start making money by teaching online, submit your application here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark .W. James
    Out of every 1000 people on this forum....

    800 are those who have very recently been introducted to internet marketing. They are here to make a quick or easy buck ( how wrong could one be.. lol)... therefore they look for the products which pay instantly and is as simple as picking up a wooden stick and saying "accio money" (harry potter style) and have a paypal account filled with thousands.....

    Those are the people who buy those cheap products which guarantee instant results

    100 of the people here have finally realized that its not gonna be as easy but with hard and smart work, its possible... they pick up a niche and a branch of IM and look for products which will help them in their quest .... they tend to buy the " how to..." products and the advanced coaching programs which are priced about 47-97 dollars....

    The last 100 are those who have realized that most of what is on WSO is also on regular forum, if not more.... they just read and post and read some more..... make friends and launch products to tend to the 800 .....

    Out of the last 100, there will be 10 or so who have a very similar buying mindset to the 800 newbies.... however, its not easy to fool them and they know which products will actually make their lives easier ..... they go for software or outsourcing....

    Now all I need to figure out which one do I fit in!! :/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324167].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
      Originally Posted by joaquin112 View Post

      It's not a myth. It IS possible to have passive automated income in IM. It's just a lot harder than in 2007, when I made several K per month without even having to update my sites. I'm sure a lot of people still make thousands without any significant time / effort. It's just not likely for beginners, though.
      Yup! It took me about 2 years to get there, so it is possible!

      Originally Posted by Mark .W. James View Post

      Out of every 1000 people on this forum....

      800 are those who have very recently been introducted to internet marketing. They are here to make a quick or easy buck ( how wrong could one be.. lol)... therefore they look for the products which pay instantly and is as simple as picking up a wooden stick and saying "accio money" (harry potter style) and have a paypal account filled with thousands.....

      Those are the people who buy those cheap products which guarantee instant results

      100 of the people here have finally realized that its not gonna be as easy but with hard and smart work, its possible... they pick up a niche and a branch of IM and look for products which will help them in their quest .... they tend to buy the " how to..." products and the advanced coaching programs which are priced about 47-97 dollars....

      The last 100 are those who have realized that most of what is on WSO is also on regular forum, if not more.... they just read and post and read some more..... make friends and launch products to tend to the 800 .....

      Out of the last 100, there will be 10 or so who have a very similar buying mindset to the 800 newbies.... however, its not easy to fool them and they know which products will actually make their lives easier ..... they go for software or outsourcing....

      Now all I need to figure out which one do I fit in!! :/
      I remember being one of those 800 newbies! I even gave up for a bit before I became one of the 100.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    Online users don't want to work in general terms. They want everything done for them.





    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jonzathe
    Automated processes sell...end of story. Why do you think people continue to get scammed by "automated money making systems" TO THIS DAY?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Originally Posted by rmolina88 View Post

    I've been going through all the products I've been selling, and I've noticed that the best selling ones are usually the "made for you and ready to go with the least amount of work possible" products as opposed to the "how to do this" products.

    I know we live in a time where it's much easier to automate things, but one thing that most people (especially myself at the beginning) want are the quick and easy solutions. Most of us here on the WF know that's far from the truth and we still have to put quite a lot of effort to make money online.

    I posted a thread in the Mind Warriors - Success, Power, Self-Improvement forum that out of all my subscribers, only one person emailed me saying she finally went full time thanks to the stuff I've recommended to her. I know my list is pretty responsive and they listen and buy from me, but I would like to know if they've been taking the appropriate action.

    I've shown a few people what I do and most of them looked overwhelmed at the amount of work that's involved.

    Making money online is about taking action and learning from your mistakes. Rinse and repeat. However, I think that most people want the "taking action" part to be as simple as possible. I know I did at the beginning.

    What do you guys think?
    Look at the thread titles here on any given day any you've got your answer. Right now there's a thread where the OP asks if there's any way to produce an eBook without actually writing it. In the thread he asks if it's okay to actually copy content from various sites and use it.

    If there's not enough evidence here then stroll over to the WSO forum. Half the titles are "done for you" or autopilot or some other "no work" solution.

    It's natural to want the most reward from the least work but the easy money ideas some people carry to the online marketing game are silly.

    I don't know where it comes from but there are lots of people out there that have the idea that there's automated software somewhere in IM la la land that you set it and forget it while your PayPal account grows fatter by the minute. The majority of Warrior Forum is a living testament to the notion that people want to "...put in the least amount of work possible."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324284].message }}

Trending Topics