Are many making money from IM honestly?

66 replies
Hi All,

I have been on the Warrior forums for close to 4 years now and have tried a few things as well. I know that a few do make money from WSO's but the real question is are many making much at all?

When I trawl through the WSO threads, there are full of things like broke student goes from 0 to 6 figures in 3 months and some ridiculous claims like that. And whenever a WSO is posted by reputable IMers out there many go how fantastic it is and what a great WSO it is and how great the support is but I hardly see anyone posting that they actually made money from that WSO. It is very rare to see or you see some that say we made a few sales, A lot post how great it is and never come back after a few months to say if it worked or not.

Then you also have the typical fanboys that come into those threads and start defending the heck out of the OP when someone says something negative on how reputable and how they vouch their life for them blah blah. Some times its quite sickening. Like I said majority post on how superb it is and thats it nothing more. When someone says they haven't made money, there are a lot of people that go out of the way that say you haven't put in work or you haven't done it right etc.

But I am curious to find out how many people are actually making the thousands that are promised on WSO even with work put in. Some may make a few $$ more than they put in and then go on to say how fantastic it is, maybe because they covered their cost? But it doesnt take a lot to see the thousands of users on WSO are not making money at all and some just waste their time despite efforts.

Would like to get some honest input and info on WSO's in general from people who have actually made money or not without Bsing..
#honestly #making #money
  • Profile picture of the author dean20653
    your gonna open a can of worms with this one! lol
    Signature

    After 20 years smoking, ecigs FINALLY help me quit!
    Quit smoking today, and use that money to invest in IM

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nanohits
    Will be interesting to see what kind of worms.. lol
    Signature
    ** Don't Miss Out On All My Amazing Offers Below **
    All the Goodies Here: https://spro.link/offers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333164].message }}
  • I know for a fact some are successful, and see results.

    But many of the WSO's I would agree, tend to be rehashed material by individuals who don't really have a clue what they are talking about. Or -- they have a clue, but not much more than that.

    Based on what I know, and educated guesses, I would say that yes, there are some 'students' who start making $2-$3k/month within a few weeks, but that is very few and far between. It is usually because the 'course'/'ebook'/etc 'resonates' with what they are doing. The 6 figure income in a *month* is very unlikely. Possible, but unlikely.

    For myself -- while I wouldn't say that there has been a 'specific' WSO that has resulted in 'concrete'/'immediate' results -- I would say from a number of them I've read, have helped give me incremental increases in income. Some from certain strategies, while others give me an insight into how other people do things.

    The major thing though is application, and I'd say very few people do that.

    Johnathan
    Signature
    Pick a product. Pick ANY product! -> 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brutecky
    In the last 6 months I earned $13,649.50 with JVZoo. Want to know a secrete? I have never bought a WSO. Honestly everything you need to know is right here on the WF for free. The only kinds of WSO I would even consider buying are tools such as software, graphics packs, design services, etc. I would never pay for information, there is no need to, its right here for free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333181].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author writeaway
      Originally Posted by brutecky View Post

      In the last 6 months I earned $13,649.50 with JVZoo. Want to know a secrete? I have never bought a WSO. Honestly everything you need to know is right here on the WF for free. The only kinds of WSO I would even consider buying are tools such as software, graphics packs, design services, etc. I would never pay for information, there is no need to, its right here for free.
      This man speaks truth. Plus, so many consumers are so turned off by shady WSOs that many do not trust ANY WSOs. This is why there are so many WSO leechers at blackhat sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333350].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author conanedo
      Originally Posted by brutecky View Post

      In the last 6 months I earned $13,649.50 with JVZoo. Want to know a secrete? I have never bought a WSO. Honestly everything you need to know is right here on the WF for free. The only kinds of WSO I would even consider buying are tools such as software, graphics packs, design services, etc. I would never pay for information, there is no need to, its right here for free.
      yes i agree with you, just a little WSO that are really good.. Maybe WSO that make me some money just 3-4 WSO,, there are many rehearsal stuff that we already know but they sell it and make promise that it can make a lot of money..
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nanohits
    Thanks, its good to get some insight as to how people are making it or not etc.
    Signature
    ** Don't Miss Out On All My Amazing Offers Below **
    All the Goodies Here: https://spro.link/offers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author muffty
    I'm sorry to say that I've bought far more WSO's than I should have done!!!

    Can't say that any of them have been very profitable - they were either 'poor quality' (sorry) or far more complex than I was led to believe.

    I am now concentrating on running a real web business and not allowing myself to get waylaid by every new marketing fad that comes my way and is likely to take me off track!

    I've joined Rob Cornish's 'Gain Higher Ground' Membership Site and have gained more in-depth knowledge there than all the WSO's put together.

    By the way my link below is not related to a 'get rich quick' - which it might look like - it is how Rob really did go from Zero to 350k in 18mths! Published through a WSO!!! lol
    Signature
    Click Here for your FREE Report ~ TIPS AND TRICKS OF AFFILIATE MARKETING
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    If you want to make money, stop buying and start selling.
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333395].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
      I'm so sick of these stupid threads.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333403].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nanohits
        Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

        I'm so sick of these stupid threads.
        Oh really? What a smart comment....
        Signature
        ** Don't Miss Out On All My Amazing Offers Below **
        All the Goodies Here: https://spro.link/offers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333409].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cooler1
        Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

        I'm so sick of these stupid threads.
        Wouldn't it be better to not click on them then.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333981].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingcode
      Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

      If you want to make money, stop buying and start selling.
      yes,i agree with you,stop buying and start selling
      Signature

      Pokerstars Bonus Code 2014 : PSP17264
      get $600 FREE bonus at largest poker site
      PokerStars Bonus Code 2014
      $3000/month from poker professional

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333412].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alfred1982
      Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

      If you want to make money, stop buying and start selling.
      Agree. As a newbie, I feel that it is difficult to make money through IM, but the important thing is to take action and be consistent in it.
      Signature

      For your solo advertising needs, click here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333475].message }}
    • Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

      If you want to make money, stop buying and start selling.
      ha ha, but people hate selling
      Signature
      soon people... Relax...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334326].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tpw
        Originally Posted by HelpingYouBeAnExpert View Post

        ha ha, but people hate selling

        Which brings us to the best-selling book of all time...

        It was called, "How to make money online without every having to sell anything".

        This book in essence said, "If you don't like selling... Get a job..." :p
        Signature
        Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
        Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334337].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Shenpen
          Originally Posted by tpw View Post

          This book in essence said, "If you don't like selling... Get a job..." :p
          And conversely: When one friend of mine quit his job to start a business, I said: Congrats, you are now a salesman more than anything else.

          I need IM-skills to run an offline business, and have no idea if IM alone could ever support a decent income for me. Perhaps in good times, but difficult now I think.

          I would never pay for information needed to do what I do, as you get much better quality material for free if you can read research papers.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334409].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tpw
            Originally Posted by Shenpen View Post

            I would never pay for information needed to do what I do, as you get much better quality material for free if you can read research papers.

            If you can do your own research and you can do it well, you will never have to pay for information for as long as you live on this planet.

            There are two different kinds of currency you can use to grow your business -- time or money.

            You can spend your time to find our what you need to know....

            Or, you can spend your money to save you time in the quest to learn what you need to know....

            If you put any real value at all on your time, then it would be easy to justify spending money to save you time...

            Let's say your time is worth $7 an hour... If it takes you three hours to learn what you need to know, then the cost of the information is $21... If you could have purchased the information for less, why wouldn't you?

            Let's say that you have become more valuable than $7 an hour... Perhaps your time is now worth $50 an hour... If it took you the same three hours to discover the information you needed, then your cost of acquiring the information was $150... If you could have purchased the same information for $27, why would you think it better to spend your time than your money?

            It is true that most of the information you would ever need is out there and available for free...

            However, if I or anyone else for that matter, had the ability to take general research and recombine that information into new ways that you would never have put together on your own, wouldn't that make the paid information more valuable than the free information? And, if not, why not?
            Signature
            Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
            Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334435].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author brutecky
              Originally Posted by tpw View Post

              Let's say your time is worth $7 an hour... If it takes you three hours to learn what you need to know, then the cost of the information is $21... If you could have purchased the information for less, why wouldn't you?
              Because when you spend your time, you are turning your time into value. Ie you are generating net worth. Your time has become a valuable commodity (useful information).

              When you purchase information your not increasing your worth. Sure you have a valuable commodity but you have less money so your net has stayed the same.

              Here is a quote from one of my favorite people ever that banks often take out of context. "A penny saved is a penny earned" .. guess what good old Ben wasnt talking about saving money in the sense of putting it aside for later (in a bank or under your mattress) he was talking about saving in the sense of not having to spend money. Every time you do something yourself you save the cost of not having to pay someone, but you have the result of the work. So you turn your time into value and increase your net worth. (even if just by a little)
              You earn the value by saving the cost.

              This of course assumes a 'fair trade' in time for money. Now if you can get 5 hours worth of research for $5 well then thats a great deal because your time is probably worth more than that.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334799].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
                Well...

                Originally Posted by brutecky View Post

                When you purchase information your not increasing your worth.
                This is true, until you actually READ/USE the information you purchased. Then you will have added to your knowledge WITHOUT having had to do the research yourself.
                Signature

                Sid Hale
                Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334821].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author brutecky
                  Originally Posted by Sid Hale View Post

                  Well...
                  This is true, until you actually READ/USE the information you purchased. Then you will have added to your knowledge WITHOUT having had to do the research yourself.
                  Im sorry but I think you missed the point in what I was saying.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335086].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author joaquin112
                    Originally Posted by brutecky View Post

                    Im sorry but I think you missed the point in what I was saying.
                    I think YOU missed the point. If you make $50 per hour and it takes you three hours to research something that someone else has already put together for $27, yes you're saving those $27, but you're also losing $150 worth of your time.

                    It all depends on how valuable your time is.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335112].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author brutecky
                      Originally Posted by joaquin112 View Post

                      I think YOU missed the point. If you make $50 per hour and it takes you three hours to research something that someone else has already put together for $27, yes you're saving those $27, but you're also losing $150 worth of your time.

                      It all depends on how valuable your time is.
                      Nope sorry that was actually a part of my point and you just cant read (or comprehend), I spoke about this exact thing in my post:

                      Originally Posted by brutecky View Post

                      This of course assumes a 'fair trade' in time for money. Now if you can get 5 hours worth of research for $5 well then thats a great deal because your time is probably worth more than that.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335702].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Shenpen
                  Originally Posted by Sid Hale View Post

                  Well...



                  This is true, until you actually READ/USE the information you purchased. Then you will have added to your knowledge WITHOUT having had to do the research yourself.
                  In my experience it is most often a bit of both. Meaning that you have to "do a bit of research" yourself and get sufficiently "inside" the material if you want to bend it towards your own purposes. But not having to deal with the actual empiric studies and the statistical analysis frees you up to take a keen look at the business potential.

                  If things go well you can make a lot of money that way.
                  Signature
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335485].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
                And you also said this...

                Originally Posted by brutecky View Post

                When you purchase information your not increasing your worth.
                Which is what I quoted in my original response to you.

                However, I am willing to admit I don't know everything. Perhaps you gain nothing from purchased information.

                Information is information.

                Purchasing said information or researching to find that same information for yourself doesn't change it's worth... only it's cost.

                If you don't subsequently USE that information you'll receive no value from it - but that's true regardless of how you obtain the information.
                Signature

                Sid Hale
                Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335830].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author brutecky
                  Originally Posted by Sid Hale View Post

                  Purchasing said information or researching to find that same information for yourself doesn't change it's worth... only it's cost.
                  Hey Sid. Im sorry I was not explaining it in a way you are understanding. Here let me try again. I want talking about the worth of the information. I was talking about your worth.

                  Here is an example: Lets say you start out with $100.

                  Ok so you take that $100 and you buy information for $50. Lets say for the sake of argument that this information is worth $50 (because it makes easy math) so now you have $50 in cash and $50 worth of information, so your right where you started, having $100 (only now its in two different forms)

                  Ok so now lets say you spend 3 hours doing research and you learn that $50 worth of information on your own. So now you have $50 worth of information and you have your original $100 still. So your net worth is now $150 (in two different forms)
                  So basically you where paid $50 for 3 hours of research (by not having to spend the money), so you got paid just over $16 per hour.

                  Now as some others have pointed out there is a point of diminishing returns with this kind of thinking. For example I could find a WSO that is going to give me info that would take me 3 hours to learn on my own for say $7. That means Im paying $2.33ish to have that info given to me. So it may not be worth spending my own time learning it.

                  However I myself still would not buy this info likely because 1 Im an avid reader. 2 Im also a chronic insomniac so I just read at night when there is nothing else to do anyway.( 2am - 5am can be a really booring time) You (and everyone else) as possible consumers will have to decide if you would prefer to pay for info or if you would prefer to learn it on your own. Its going to be different for everyone based on things such as there available time, how much they value there time etc.

                  Hope that helps

                  Brett

                  PS) To the OP .. sorry this conversation got off topic. However you should keep in mind one thing that some people have said. Stop buying and start selling. Create a product.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335881].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author JakeJordan
                    I just read your comment Brutecky, and I think that is one of the wisest things I've heard in a long time. Very very true.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335912].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Shenpen
              Originally Posted by tpw View Post

              If you can do your own research and you can do it well, you will never have to pay for information for as long as you live on this planet.

              There are two different kinds of currency you can use to grow your business -- time or money.

              You can spend your time to find our what you need to know....

              Or, you can spend your money to save you time in the quest to learn what you need to know....

              If you put any real value at all on your time, then it would be easy to justify spending money to save you time...

              Let's say your time is worth $7 an hour... If it takes you three hours to learn what you need to know, then the cost of the information is $21... If you could have purchased the information for less, why wouldn't you?

              Let's say that you have become more valuable than $7 an hour... Perhaps your time is now worth $50 an hour... If it took you the same three hours to discover the information you needed, then your cost of acquiring the information was $150... If you could have purchased the same information for $27, why would you think it better to spend your time than your money?

              It is true that most of the information you would ever need is out there and available for free...

              However, if I or anyone else for that matter, had the ability to take general research and recombine that information into new ways that you would never have put together on your own, wouldn't that make the paid information more valuable than the free information? And, if not, why not?
              That is exactly the game I am in. Using free available research and recombining it into something which is a lot interesting for commercial use and therefore a lot more expensive for my buyers.

              If you just buy and read other consultants material you will never really feel that you "own" it or that you make any original contribution. But to me at least, it is something different when you use raw research and make something out of that.

              And I am aiming for for high pay too. But I like to play the long game and I don't mind sacrificing a lot of income and work to get the ball rolling. That has meant a lot of time spent developing my programs - something which should start paying off soon.

              I would certainly pay for good information, but my reality has been that what I was looking for was freely available. I have had to invest a lot of time, but there is never really any free lunch anywhere. It would have been a lot faster and perhaps easier to pay for the same information, but I just never found what I needed for sale anywhere.

              I have considered hiring a few pinoy grad students to do the bulk of the work. Perhaps later in the game.
              Signature
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335422].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author 4DayWeekend
          I don't know why you would expect WSO buyers to come back and post glowing reviews of a WSO if it helped them make money?

          There is no obligation for WSO buyers to do this at all.

          If a WSO has helped someone make money, that person is probably too busy implementing the method than to come back to the WSO thread to say so.

          As well as that, they're probably happy that others aren't taking action with the same method to create competition.

          Sure, a small minority will feel obliged to help the product creator out by saying 'this wso helped me make $xx.xxx', but for every 5% of success stories, 95% of successes will remain out of the public eye.

          So just because a WSO thread may not have anyone who says 'i've made $xx.xxx with this method already' it doesn't mean that method doesn't work. Not at all.

          The key to success is investing in WSOs that will genuine help you scale your business rather than buying anything just because you're intrigued by the sales letter.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Klemen Znidar
    Many of people also just buy wso and never do anything with the information. They just day dream how it would be owning all the things sales letter promises. When it comes to action, 90% do absolutely nothing. Other 9% take information verbatim, apply it, but fail. Maybe 1% takes information, applies their own twist to it and make some cash. Just my opinion
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333506].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DevEdge
    I don't buy WSO's but I make money online. My most succesful area's of business is list building for sure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    Most of the people I know who are making money online are not making that money from WSO's or even in the MMO-niche.

    I also know several people who are making quite a bit of money with WSO's, but contrary to public belief, they are making more money working real niches outside of the Warrior Forum than they are making by selling WSO's. You can make good money with WSO's, but the real money is outside the WSO marketplace.

    For myself, I quit my last job in March of 2005, and I have not needed another job since. Derive from that what you will.
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333741].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      For myself, I quit my last job in March of 2005, and I have not needed another job since. Derive from that what you will.
      You're on welfare?

      Sorry Bill - just couldn't resist
      Signature

      Sid Hale
      Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Soulchild
    Many people are making money online. It is so many variables and niches so you have to do what you are passionate about. Also find you a good mentor to learn the ropes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8333775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joel Young
    Originally Posted by nanohits View Post

    Hi All,

    I have been on the Warrior forums for close to 4 years now and have tried a few things as well. I know that a few do make money from WSO's but the real question is are many making much at all?

    When I trawl through the WSO threads, there are full of things like broke student goes from 0 to 6 figures in 3 months and some ridiculous claims like that. And whenever a WSO is posted by reputable IMers out there many go how fantastic it is and what a great WSO it is and how great the support is but I hardly see anyone posting that they actually made money from that WSO. It is very rare to see or you see some that say we made a few sales, A lot post how great it is and never come back after a few months to say if it worked or not.

    Then you also have the typical fanboys that come into those threads and start defending the heck out of the OP when someone says something negative on how reputable and how they vouch their life for them blah blah. Some times its quite sickening. Like I said majority post on how superb it is and thats it nothing more. When someone says they haven't made money, there are a lot of people that go out of the way that say you haven't put in work or you haven't done it right etc.

    But I am curious to find out how many people are actually making the thousands that are promised on WSO even with work put in. Some may make a few $$ more than they put in and then go on to say how fantastic it is, maybe because they covered their cost? But it doesnt take a lot to see the thousands of users on WSO are not making money at all and some just waste their time despite efforts.

    Would like to get some honest input and info on WSO's in general from people who have actually made money or not without Bsing..
    Your thread title asks about IM ,and your post is focusing on WSOs.

    Internet Marketing encompasses much more than WSO marketing, which I believe is only a fraction of the entire IM world.

    Many people are making money from IM. Are they making money from WSO's? Sure. Are they getting rich and generating passive income and gaining freedom from WSO's? Probably not. ...or a very select few perhaps.
    Signature
    Resources, Tools and Strategies for Your Online Presence
    Website Design & Development - Document Management - Marketing Strategies - Personal Development
    CBI Web Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334403].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    All WSOs aside, I will answer your thread title's question.

    YES - more people than you realize make money with IM honestly.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesW3
    I sell graphic design services but mostly logo design and company branding in the WSO section. I have branded several warrior forum members companies. I am making money from the WSO section. Is it enough to live on? Yes, but barely. Most of the money I make is from referrals, offline marketing, and not specifically internet marketing campaigns.

    I just started with i/m attempts to increase sales. More than anything I am just reading in this forum and testing. There are gems in the WSO that can make you a lot of money but not many.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334527].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gijsbertus
      Originally Posted by JamesW3 View Post

      I sell graphic design services but mostly logo design and company branding in the WSO section. I have branded several warrior forum members companies. I am making money from the WSO section. Is it enough to live on? Yes, but barely. Most of the money I make is from referrals, offline marketing, and not specifically internet marketing campaigns.

      I just started with i/m attempts to increase sales. More than anything I am just reading in this forum and testing. There are gems in the WSO that can make you a lot of money but not many.
      Yes, there is enough to be found worthwhile testing and trying right here under our noses... I buy a wso now and then and make some money honestly, but many are looking to make money from IM ''take the money and run'' wise .. beware for those guys and report them / flag them / etc.

      It takes time to build up trust and credibility, but ''it'' can be done, no doubt about that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emelef
    I agree with the comment about this thread being specifically about WSO but the title talking about IM... much more to online success than WSO. If you are selling a WSO, you are making money (with a successful launch), if you are buying one - you might make a bit but it won't be earning you residual income to retire on. I'm not entirely sure what this thread is really discussing anymore. I've found a couple of valuable WSO - but I only buy when I'm looking specifically for something. I stopped trawling through this site and being 'sold' to a long time ago. But in all fairness, there are quality, valuable WSO's and there is trash... like anything out there, do your homework.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
    Hi,

    Originally Posted by nanohits View Post

    I have been on the Warrior forums for close to 4 years now and have tried a few things as well. I know that a few do make money from WSO's but the real question is are many making much at all?
    I don't make a penny from WSO's. Never have, and I've been here about 10 years now.

    Of course, to do so, I would have to actually post an offer in the WSO thread (haven't done that either).

    The WSO forum is a discount marketplace. It's like the Dollar General, or Walmart. It's just ONE outlet for the seller's product, and it's really short-sighted to give Walmart (or any other discount market) a monopoly on your product.

    Why advertise in only one place (especially at a "discount")?

    (In fact, that might be a good way to decide whether you really want to purchase a given WSO offer.)

    After all, how good can it really be if the seller doesn't also offer the product to the general public? If a merchant only offers their product here (vs. having their own sales page at full price, advertising, affiliate platform, etc.), what does that say about their confidence in the marketability of their product?

    How good can it really be, if the seller won't invest the effort to market anywhere but as a WSO? Are you really getting a discount in the WSO - if there is no normal price?

    Would like to get some honest input and info on WSO's in general from people who have actually made money or not without Bsing..
    I have made money from implementing some of what I have learned from a few WSO's over the years. (I have probably purchased less than one WSO offer per year during my tenure here.)

    But as others have said... you make money from selling - not buying.

    It's a great marketplace where you can get good information, good tools, etc. for your IM business, for less than you would pay anywhere else. However, that does you no good unless you learn from it, and actually use what you buy.
    Signature

    Sid Hale
    Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charanjit
    I am making decent money online, have a very high conversation rate, as its taxi related, selling a service i.e taxis, each booking makes me minimum of £10.00. Even silly ppc prices of £3/ £5 are worth it.
    Signature

    Want to learn more, read read and read more. http://www.mannusblog.com/index.php/...e-optimisation

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author expl0it8z
    many warriors are dominating IM/MMO niche(including myself). Actually all of people can, they just easily give up. I guarantee that you can dominate IM/MMO if you don't give up
    Signature
    Propeller Ads - Adsense Alternative
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ymest
    Hi there,

    I am making money by offering my writing services to internet marketers. I guess it's part of the IM, in general. I used to make some good money with clickbank but I chose to concentrate on services.

    So yes, I am making some good money and I do know people, mostly discreet people, who make quite a bit in IM. They offer quality courses etc and focus on branding their business. They work REALLY HARD and are very consistent. I think that's the golden rule. Also, just like when you use the stock exchange to make money, they diversify their activities, portfolios etc.

    Ymest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    The majority of people are NOT making money.

    The "make money online" niche is largely predicated upon things that don't exist.

    But.. What does exist?

    Hard work.

    Business plans.

    Offering services.



    But, all of the "make a million dollars by next week" systems are TYPICALLY not based upon anything I just said.

    Focus on building a business.

    Just my $.02
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335734].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JamesW3
      Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

      The majority of people are NOT making money.

      The "make money online" niche is largely predicated upon things that don't exist.

      But.. What does exist?

      Hard work.

      Business plans.

      Offering services.



      But, all of the "make a million dollars by next week" systems are TYPICALLY not based upon anything I just said.

      Focus on building a business.

      Just my $.02

      I agree. The revenue that I am generating comes from the very basics of business. I took time to write a simple business model. When i first tried I/M, I just got into the hype and started to generate traffic without even thinking about what products I want to sell or if I can generate more money than my expenses or time invested. I would just add my $.01 and say treat what you are doing like a business, not just something you do in your spare time at home.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335771].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dronehawk
    There are many guys here doing well from implementing what's in the WSO. However, I have noted that they mainly try to think and implement it out of the box. What you read, implement it and if possible, in your own angle. I recently bought a wso on Launch jacking IM stuff and implemented that for a hot amazon product that had little to no competition and it was a hit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335759].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author unknowncat
    Yes. But it's not from hype it's from hard work. Honestly.
    Signature

    Mastermind Groups Platform .. plantdreams.org .. public beta, partners wanted

    a social network w/ Coaching / Projects / Goals / Habits / Crowdfunding / Team Building / Alt.Payments

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    I’m honestly making money by selling digital products and a service.

    It is possible to honestly make money online when you help the internet users, if you will manage to beat the competition and reach your audience. You also have to inspire confidence.

    About WSOs, I read that you have to learn everything you can about who is making a certain offer, and understand if you can really trust this person before purchasing a WSO.

    I’ve purchased a few WSOs a long time ago, and I didn't like them because they didn't contain special information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335851].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JakeJordan
    The main problem is that a lot of people buy WSO's thinking that they are just a quick way to earn millions of dollars. The truth is that in order to be successful online, you really have to work at it. You won't discover any type of system that allows you to push a button and have millions of dollars in your account the next day. If you are willing to work hard, and dedicate your mind to something, internet marketing can work for you.
    Tip: My motto is that 9 out of 10 businesses fail. If you want to guarantee success, start ten businesses, then at least one of them will succeed.

    Best of luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8335905].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brutecky
      Originally Posted by JakeJordan View Post

      The main problem is that a lot of people buy WSO's thinking that they are just a quick way to earn millions of dollars. The truth is that in order to be successful online, you really have to work at it. You won't discover any type of system that allows you to push a button and have millions of dollars in your account the next day. If you are willing to work hard, and dedicate your mind to something, internet marketing can work for you.
      Tip: My motto is that 9 out of 10 businesses fail. If you want to guarantee success, start ten businesses, then at least one of them will succeed.

      Best of luck
      This was a great post until you said your 'tip'. That part is just silly.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8336206].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
        Silly perhaps, but prime quality for a stand-up gag!

        Hedging the bets!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8336223].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PazG
      There are some good wso's around. However I also think that the wso's that teach a process and a business model are more likely to help an action taker to succeed. The desire to take action coupled with the a solid 'business model' rather then a 'technique' is the way to go I think.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8338076].message }}
  • The success rate of any WSO is probably the same of any business or anything that take effort, learning and management so like a few % in other-words most fail.

    Imagine there was a WSO that for $1 make you $1000 all you had to do is research and select a niche you like, then go to click bank pick a product (any one in that niche). Open an account, get a hop link, then open an aweber account create 3 emails with this link in it, get a domain, get a hosting account, put a wordpress blog, put a squeeze page tie it to the aweber.

    When done write in 2 pages what you did, fax it to a number rand you get $1000.

    How many people would complete this.

    Now imagine a real affiliate business there is 10 times more you have to do and WSO's always give instruction to do something that has this type of work and the pitch is that it's in 2 minutes a week without any work, risk, site, you can make exactly $199327 and 27 cents with my Super Duper Muper Done For You System

    People don't do it, they are like crack cocaine addicts on their next WSO fix.

    Except it that's the way it is. The "weird" people who get results do something evil, they work at it. But try to find work in the sales copy, I dare you! WORK doesn't sell, people are entitled in their mind to free easy success and that is what the crack WSO delivers!
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8336049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Miranda
    I am since 2010 selling a service online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8336098].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
    *raises hand*

    I am!

    Provide value to people and the money will come.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8336692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonBennet
    I personally feel that the biggest problem that most people have is that they do not have the discipline to stick to one system. I agree with many fellow Warriors to just stop buying and start taking action on it. There are lots of good information available in this forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8336737].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author datingworld
      Originally Posted by JasonBennet View Post

      I personally feel that the biggest problem that most people have is that they do not have the discipline to stick to one system. I agree with many fellow Warriors to just stop buying and start taking action on it.
      That's the thing
      and this is one of the big dilemma with those who either haven,t started or haven't established themselves in one niche. They keep buying or try different products with very little efforts and when they don't see success with their little effort, they cry.
      The best thing to do is to stick with one system and put all your effort into it until you see results But most people won't do it, they like to jump from one place to another.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8338103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan H Kim
    I'm pretty sure the percentage of the people that actually follow through with every word said and take a huge amount of action with it is very low.

    Most WSOs are meant for newbies. Most of the WSOs are usually all the same with a twist of their own methods. So if an experienced IM guy is reading an WSO, it probably is mostly for tips and extra methods.

    If a newbie did make money off it, it probably wasn't what it was actually claimed to make. The newbie probably just made a couple bucks, or if lucky at least half the amount.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8336751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Karen Parker
    I do promoting affiliate offers to my list. I have even had people offer me money to do solo ads. So far I have declined to charge for mailings, but I am considering it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8336806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul nicholls
    it's quite simple, there are some very good wso's which you can pick up lots of great tips and strategies which would make a massive impact on your business

    at the same time there are some very bad wso's which are very thin and don't give you hardly anything

    what you have to do is start taking responsibility on your own purchases including wso's

    instead of just reading the sales page and thinking "yeah this looks or sounds good" actually spend some time researching the wso seller and see if he or she actually has a reputation for creating "good stuff"

    there are lots of people on this forum that create killer products/wso's for very cheap and the info in those products/wso's can quite easily transform your business and really help you in your business

    start taking your business seriously and start spending a little bit of time actually figuring out the people that have reputations for creating good products

    being online you have all the resources you could possibly want to find out more information about a particular marketer so start taking advantage of it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8336851].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Derek Kosh
    List building and solo ad selling all the way...!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8339532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    I JUST MADE MY FIRST MONEY. i built site, ranked for some keywords and sold it on flippa for $1000 profit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8339568].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Humbee360
    Wow, yes,

    Amazing,
    Fantastic,
    Able to Leap a Tall building,
    Anyone can do it,

    but only if they are properly motivated,
    Only if they are not too lazy,
    Only if they can apply themselves,
    Since most are of the Fox and the Grapes persuasion, they just do not put enough effort into it,


    (In other words, its their fault, not the product, not the WSO)
    Its the customers fault, )))

    Got to love that Bull Pucky,
    Signature
    "Everything goes where attention flows..."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8339589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author daviddeschaine
    I enjoy working online, and creating products and video training courses.
    Software and how to use the software....It's fun and you can make some money!
    I think it's like Hitting The Lottery....Get a Good Idea and Create A Product ;-)
    Signature
    Thanks,
    David

    Contractor OS

    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning".
    -Benjamin Franklin-
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8340429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DFTskillz
    I don't know myself but weren't there a couple of IM's who released massive hits with their products and made 6 figure sum cash. I don't know their name but I'm definitely sure they exist here as a warrior.
    Signature

    Here's an Aweber alternative, the new and upcoming Sendorika

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8340464].message }}

Trending Topics