First, English is not my first language and I feared I would not be properly understood, but I was told that my English is very understandable.
Secondly, I did not want to appear to brag by talking about my success. Then I thought that my goal was not to show me better than I am, but to help those who need motivation.
Finally, I hesitated to make this testimony because I was not sure that anyone would be interested.
Now that you are warned, let me share with you some of my experience. I only hope that it will interest you, motivate you ... and that you will understand what I am saying!
I appeal especially to newbies but also to those who doubt the potential of Internet marketing.
Over time, I realized that the majority of those who earn money (or who try to earn money) online are young guys, as most of them are under 30. There are very few women who are interested in this business and I do not think there's a lot of guys that are over 40. I do not found this information on a comprehensive study, but from my personal experience.
I became an affiliate a little over a year ago and I had my first $1,000 profit day three months after I started at the age of... 55 years. As you can see, I am not a typical example of an affiliate!
I was addicted to this business as soon as I managed to win $10 in one day. That day, I realized that if I could earn $10 in a day, I could earn $20, $50, $100 and more. I set goals and as soon as I was reaching one, I aimed a little higher.
One of the networks I worked with had a contest. The prize was a trip to Las Vegas. To win, I just had to be among the top 10, just that! This was my biggest goal last year. I dove in without thinking too much and I got there. Of all affiliates who were on the trip to Vegas, I was by far the oldest! This is where I took my "statistics" on affiliates from. I was very proud to be able to get there and to share time with all the young Top Affiliates. I even gave out some tips... I did not believe it!
The best advice I gave, and I can give it to you too, is very simple. This is the one that most people do not want to hear: work hard and never give up. Well! I know that these principles apply to all companies but those are the ones that most newbies ignore or forget to apply.
Many beginners come super motivated and confident that they will earn millions quickly and easily. They read a couple of ebooks about Internet Marketing and they bought a $7 WSO and now they feel sufficiently equipped to conquer the world! Unfortunately, their illusions disappear as fast as their initial investment and then they give up.
Well! That being said, I will give you more tips, more specific to Internet Marketing.
• If you can afford it, find a coach. There are some on this forum but it is important to check their reputation. I was fortunate to have one of the best, William Souza, and I found him on this forum. I give you his name but I know he is very busy and he rarely takes new students. You can try to contact him or do your own research. William helped me a lot during the first weeks and his advices serve me today as well.
• Choose only one niche and only one source of traffic to begin with and concentrate all your efforts on this. When you have mastered enough your traffic source, start again with another.
• Do not change your mind constantly. Every day, new offers and new ideas appear. You can never know everything about Internet Marketing in record time. Instead, you will be so overwhelmed with information that you will get stuck!
• Do not get caught by the "magic" offers. Those selling miraculous solutions have realized that people in general are lazy and, for this reason, they get caught up in things that do not work. You will never earn $1,000 a day by installing a program and pressing "Enter"!
• Always have new goals. Visualize your future success until you really believe you will succeed but remember that magical thinking does not exist, you will succeed because you take action!
• Set aside time every day. Have you noticed that those who are always busy find time to act? Those who have never the time are doing nothing. They spend hours watching television series or playing video games but do not have the time to accomplish their dreams (if they have some, it also takes time to dream!). I have created hundreds of ads while working 9 hours a day at a full-time job and without neglecting my family obligations. I also volunteer in my community once a month. I even found a free hour every day to walk the dog!
Here are some tips that I use to find the time. First, I got into the habit of going to bed earlier and I get up an hour earlier than before. I wake up at 5:00 am, I look at my emails quickly and I work an hour. In the evening, I still work one or two hours on my ads and other projects.
Also I always keep a little notebook and a pencil on me. When I get an idea, I take notes. This way, I "work" even while walking my dog!
Finally, when I'm less motivated, I work in 30 minutes intervals. There are several small freeware alarm clock to notify you at the interval you choose. I use Pester, you can find it easily with Google. 30 minutes is spent quickly and often it's all it takes. After 30 minutes, I take a break for 4 or 5 minutes and I'm ready to work again for another half hour.
It is true that there is much money to be made on the Internet, and I can confirm that. If I managed to pull myself up at 55 years among the top affiliates, many people can do the same. All you need is a little discipline and... a lot of determination.
Today, I still have many projects and I plan to have several more days of $1,000 and more profit. My next goal is to win $5,000 in one day, and I will do it in 2013. I'll let you know if you want!
I wish you all the success you deserve.