squeeze page in wordpress

by Hypno mind 17 replies
Hello fellow warriors

I would love to ask you guys , I want to make a squeeze page of weight loss using wordpress , now I don't want to make a blog , just the squeeze page using the wordpress optins 1.3 plugin, now I just bought a domain and i linked it to my host , I didn't install wordpress yet because I'm not sure about this :

-If I install wordpress in my domain www dot mydomain dot com

Can I make the home page my squeeze page ? I mean I don't wanna make a blog all what I want is to make many squeeze pages of different niches in the same domain but I don't want to leave the home page as it is because if for instance the Url of my weight loss squeeze page is www . mydomain . com/weightloss
if somebody enter to my url and delete /weightloss I think that he will be directed to the home page of the wordpress ! I don't want that, in other words I want to hide the home page or to make it a squeeze page by itself but I'm not sure if I can make it a squeeze page I won't be able to create other squeeze pages using the same domain , so I'm a little confused , Any help please , thank you all .
#main internet marketing discussion forum #page #squeeze #wordpress
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author isadoregregory
    Yes, you can setup the domain or homepage as a squeeze page. Check trafficandbuzz. Just add a .com in the end.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8374851].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
      Originally Posted by isadoregregory View Post

      Yes, you can setup the domain or homepage as a squeeze page. Check trafficandbuzz. Just add a .com in the end.
      Did you used wordpress optins plugin ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8374911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenJ
    If you don't want to make a blog at all, Why bother with wordpress in the first place? Just get an html template and change it to what you want it to say.

    KenJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375042].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author snakeyes37
      Originally Posted by KenJ View Post

      If you don't want to make a blog at all, Why bother with wordpress in the first place? Just get an html template and change it to what you want it to say.

      KenJ
      I can only guess it's because he's using the WP Optins plugin for wordpress which is a squeeze page generator. I'm assuming he's setting up a sales funnel and wordpress works really well for putting it all together.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375056].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
        Originally Posted by snakeyes37 View Post

        I can only guess it's because he's using the WP Optins plugin for wordpress which is a squeeze page generator. I'm assuming he's setting up a sales funnel and wordpress works really well for putting it all together.
        You're absolutely right , any ideas please on how t oavoid the home page , I bought a vague domain , so I can make different squeeze pages using it , but this home page confused me I don't know what to do ! any suggestion please ?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375063].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author snakeyes37
          Originally Posted by Hypno mind View Post

          You're absolutely right , any ideas please on how t oavoid the home page , I bought a vague domain , so I can make different squeeze pages using it , but this home page confused me I don't know what to do ! any suggestion please ?

          I'm currently waiting to get my download of wp optins from the developer so once I do I'll let you know.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375074].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
            Originally Posted by snakeyes37 View Post

            I'm currently waiting to get my download of wp optins from the developer so once I do I'll let you know.
            Thanks I'm waiting your reply
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375078].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
      Originally Posted by KenJ View Post

      If you don't want to make a blog at all, Why bother with wordpress in the first place? Just get an html template and change it to what you want it to say.

      KenJ
      I bought the wordpress optins 1.3 plugin , I liked it , it makes it easy to make squeeze pages and quickly as well , but I just realized that in the video tutorial he makes it in a new page and I was thinking what am I supposed to put on my home page ! I have an idea which is making the home page completely blank , so people won't find anything if they wanted to see what's on my domain , but I don't know if this is possible , any ideas ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375060].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author snakeyes37
        Originally Posted by Hypno mind View Post

        I bought the wordpress optins 1.3 plugin , I liked it , it makes it easy to make squeeze pages and quickly as well , but I just realized that in the video tutorial he makes it in a new page and I was thinking what am I supposed to put on my home page ! I have an idea which is making the home page completely blank , so people won't find anything if they wanted to see what's on my domain , but I don't know if this is possible , any ideas ?
        Kinda off topic,

        Wordpress optins is free. From the developer's website "Please Note: If you paid anyone to end up on this page you should ask for your money back. I am not associated with any program or opt-in page that requires payment to get here or to request a copy of this plugin.".
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375066].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
          Originally Posted by snakeyes37 View Post

          Kinda off topic,

          Wordpress optins is free. From the developer's website "Please Note: If you paid anyone to end up on this page you should ask for your money back. I am not associated with any program or opt-in page that requires payment to get here or to request a copy of this plugin.".
          I bought it with the right to resell it again + some PLR books .

          Would you please give me an advice or a suggestion on how to bypass my problem ?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenJ
    I would make my home page the squeeze page. There must be an option for this in the plugin you have.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author troy23
    You can save yourself a lot of hassle if you can get Optimised Press. It makes it a breeze to create squeeze pages. Just choose the template, add your headline, video etc and your're done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375089].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
      Originally Posted by troy23 View Post

      You can save yourself a lot of hassle if you can get Optimised Press. It makes it a breeze to create squeeze pages. Just choose the template, add your headline, video etc and your're done.
      Yes I know , I'm a newbie and this is my first project , I don't have money to buy optimizepress it's 100$ or more I think and to me it's a little bit expensive, but I'll buy it when I will make some money, hopefully
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dsouravs
    I use a free theme and then put aweber on it.
    Signature

    I can convert your Non-Responsive website to Responsive website ... How sweet is that? :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375093].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
    I'm still waiting
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8377636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LarryHaywood
    I suppose you could do a simple 301 redirect (for folks that land on your home page) to a sitemap of links to the different squeeze page topics/pages. Not sure if this is what you're looking to do, but may be an option.
    Signature

    Doing what everyone else is doing? You'll get the same results... 97% fail. Are you a sheep or a wolf? My team and I are changing the game. It's not as hard to make it online as you might think. Let's connect and see if we can help you.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8378028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rarch
    Go to your "reading" settings under the Setting Tab in wordpress and choose whatever page you want as the home page. It will automatically only show your main domain as the URL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8378076].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics