content writing at $2, is it worth?

by srmax
73 replies
I saw a website offering content writing for $2 i.e the price that is even lesser than what freelancers charge. Is it worth?
#content #worth #writing
  • Profile picture of the author ContentWritingPhD
    Banned
    You can find that out for yourself. You can ask for their portfolios and samples to see the quality of their work. There are different reasons why they charge lower than usual. It doesn't directly mean they are incompetent or they provide low-quality articles. They may be just starting and don't have the enough experience yet but that doesn't mean they suck at writing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8385257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    $2 for what?

    $2 per word would be a nice rate.
    Signature

    Call Center Fuel - High Volume Data
    Delivering the highest quality leads in virtually all consumer verticals.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8385838].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ContentWritingPhD
      Banned
      Originally Posted by hpgoodboy View Post

      $2 for what?
      $2 per word would be a nice rate.
      ha, ha! I can't agree more, hpgoodboy. I assume OP was referring to $2.00 per 500-word article deal.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8386693].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
      Originally Posted by hpgoodboy View Post

      $2 for what?

      $2 per word would be a nice rate.
      Lol good one. $2 an article? Don't roll with it. Write 1 high quality article yourself each day. This isn't hard, and will just take 20 minutes a day out of your schedule. Honestly... are you expecting to receive world-class content at $2 per content piece?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390810].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
        Two dollars would cover my gas money to and from the local library to do my research to ensure that I delivered the most up to date and accurate piece. Period.

        Not my research time, not my time writing and not my writing skill.

        But hey, if you like playing the lottery, go for it! Your odds of buying a winner are about the same.

        Terra
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390839].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joe Mobley
          Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

          the local library...
          What the hell is that? :rolleyes:

          Joe Mobley
          Signature

          .

          Follow Me on Twitter: @daVinciJoe
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390869].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
            Originally Posted by Joe Mobley View Post

            What the hell is that? :rolleyes:

            Joe Mobley
            Haha!

            That's the one in the neighborhood as opposed to the University one. :p

            Terra
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390878].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Joe Mobley
              Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

              Haha!

              That's the one in the neighborhood as opposed to the University one. :p

              Terra
              Oh... I just go here for my research.

              Joe Mobley
              Signature

              .

              Follow Me on Twitter: @daVinciJoe
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390888].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
                Originally Posted by Joe Mobley View Post

                Oh... I just go here for my research.

                Joe Mobley
                Well, silly me. :rolleyes:

                If it says it on the internet, it has to be true. :p

                Terra
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390974].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Taniwha
                  Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

                  If it says it on the internet, it has to be true.
                  You could say the same for books. :p
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Mobley
    For less than $10 you can answer that for yourself.

    Joe Mobley

    Originally Posted by srmax View Post

    I saw a website offering content writing for $2 i.e the price that is even lesser than what freelancers charge. Is it worth?
    Signature

    .

    Follow Me on Twitter: @daVinciJoe
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8386696].message }}
  • As with virtually everything in life, you get what you pay for.

    $2 for 500 words, or even $2 for 100 words which is somewhat common is very cheap. Chances are, you aren't going to get the high quality content you really want.

    Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8386698].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author writeaway
      Originally Posted by Michael Levanduski View Post

      As with virtually everything in life, you get what you pay for.

      $2 for 500 words, or even $2 for 100 words which is somewhat common is very cheap. Chances are, you aren't going to get the high quality content you really want.

      Michael
      Not necessarily. Not everyone writes for money. Others charge low rates because they are passionate about writing. Others charge rock bottom prices because they are just starting out. Others charge low rates because they are desperate for work. Low quality and low pricing don't necessarily have to go hand in hand.
      Signature

      Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
      Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8386860].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Taniwha
        Originally Posted by writeaway View Post

        Not necessarily. Not everyone writes for money. Others charge low rates because they are passionate about writing. Others charge rock bottom prices because they are just starting out. Others charge low rates because they are desperate for work. Low quality and low pricing don't necessarily have to go hand in hand.
        That's why he said "chances are".

        The majority of people writing for low rates will produce crap. Obviously there are exceptions, like you explained, though.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8387405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zourkas
    Originally Posted by srmax View Post

    I saw a website offering content writing for $2 i.e the price that is even lesser than what freelancers charge. Is it worth?
    Dear srmax,

    High performers and generally speaking people who are excellent in what they are doing (e.g writing), they are smart enough to value themselves. Most of the time you get what you pay for. I think that people who spend $2 for an article, they just throw their money away.

    If I could write something powerful that would have positive impact on your business I would charge a lot of money because my work do have results for your business. As simple as that

    Good luck,
    Zourkas
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8386701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    It will only cost you $2 to find out if it is worth it. Give it a shot.
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8386811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author carlamae
    I don't think there will be a great quality there. Have you searched google to see if anybody else is asking the same question as you?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8386843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GlobalPMT
    My experience is that you get what you pay for. Every time I have skimped on paying well for content, I have regretted it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8386896].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lastreporter
    Originally Posted by srmax View Post

    I saw a website offering content writing for $2 i.e the price that is even lesser than what freelancers charge. Is it worth?
    You really would be wasting your time with these type of articles. Google is tightening its algorithms every few months to eliminate such junk, spam articles.

    It has to.

    Searchers really get ticked off when they are baited by keywords to spam, junk articles.

    My suggestion is either learn to write quality, original content or hire a real writer for real wage.

    Otherwise, you're spinning wheels.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8386984].message }}
  • I doubt the quality of their work for $2 per article. This has to be overseas. None of the US writers will ever agree for that rate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8387353].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenL
    I'll bet it's a spunned product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390261].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zabrina
    You can answer that question yourself by doing a little math. Look at your budget and figure out how much money you absolutely need to earn each month. Could you scrape by on, say, $2,000 a month?

    Now, divide that by $2 per article and you get 1,000 articles per month. That's what they need to produce, not counting taxes, Paypal fees, currency conversion, clients who don't pay, etc.

    Now, divide those 1,000 articles by 30 days in the month (sometimes there's a bonus day, but we'll assume there isn't). Round up to 34 articles per day.

    Have you ever sat down and tried to write 34 articles in a day? Come back when you've tried that and let me know whether you think this leads to quality work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390290].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lastreporter
      Originally Posted by Zabrina View Post

      Have you ever sat down and tried to write 34 articles in a day? Come back when you've tried that and let me know whether you think this leads to quality work.
      The most I've ever done in a week is 25. I took the assignment then cursed myself for taking it.

      I worked 11 hours a day and cranked out 25 quality articles for a low price, $15 an article. I did it as an experiment to see if I wanted to get back into the freelance writing game ( I was newspaper reporter for 17 years).

      All the clients loved my work, because I really researched, wrote, revised and delivered high-quality articles. They all wanted more articles, but I quit on the spot because I realized that there was no longer a viable market for freelance writing. It was a rude awakening, but sometimes reality is like that.

      I withdrew from the marketplace and used my writing skills strictly for selling my own ebooks and writing articles for my own sites. It's worked out beautifully.

      Occasionally, I still get former clients asking me to write articles for them to which I reply.

      "Sorry, you can't afford me."

      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390462].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joe Mobley
        Originally Posted by lastreporter View Post

        I withdrew from the marketplace and used my writing skills strictly for selling my own ebooks and writing articles for my own sites. It's worked out beautifully.
        This is just smart. A way better use of, and income from your talents.

        Joe Mobley
        Signature

        .

        Follow Me on Twitter: @daVinciJoe
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390506].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cali16
      Originally Posted by Zabrina View Post

      You can answer that question yourself by doing a little math. Look at your budget and figure out how much money you absolutely need to earn each month. Could you scrape by on, say, $2,000 a month?
      While I understand your point, I think it's highly unlikely that anyone who is charging only $2 per article is trying to make $2,000 a month or anywhere near that amount. There are many countries in which people can live on far less than that - and that's assuming they live alone and are supporting themselves. If they have a spouse (who's the primary breadwinner), have one or more roommates, or live at home with Mom and Dad, their financial needs can be quite minimal.
      Signature
      If you don't face your fears, the only thing you'll ever see is what's in your comfort zone. ~Anne McClain, astronaut
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8391714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author isadoregregory
    I agree with most people's sentiments here. You cannot really expect a lot from a $2 500-word article. Although, it may be also safe to assume that most people offering this deal are newbies and are just probably looking for regular people and places to write for. It is probably worth a shot, just one shot!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390421].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bluewaveseo
    the minimum you will pay for a "decent" 500 word article is going to
    be around $10. even that is on the low end but possible for subjects
    that do not require a lot of research. anything below that and you will
    end up spending your time fighting for a refund because of low quality
    spun/copied content. 1 good article is worth 15 horrible articles maybe
    even more. spend the extra money and get yourself good quality content.
    It is becoming more important by the day to have UNIQUE quality content.
    Signature
    Professional Content Writing Services
    http://www.clippings.me/danhadleypcws
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390503].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
      Originally Posted by bluewaveseo View Post

      the minimum you will pay for a "decent" 500 word article is going to
      be around $10. even that is on the low end but possible for subjects
      that do not require a lot of research. anything below that and you will
      end up spending your time fighting for a refund because of low quality
      spun/copied content. 1 good article is worth 15 horrible articles maybe
      even more. spend the extra money and get yourself good quality content.
      It is becoming more important by the day to have UNIQUE quality content.
      You can't really define the "minimum value" of a quality article. Even at a measly 10 bucks, I've seen some pure sewage. Total and complete garbage.

      We've gone over this numerous times in this forum, and the answer is always the same. The more you're willing to pay doesn't always bring top quality, but it can get you pretty damn close. If you have to question a $2 article, what do you think the result is going to be? As they say, "If it's too good to be true..."
      Signature
      Want to speed up your writing and save time?
      This book will show you how:
      --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mialove
    I have a really bad experience with it, lol.
    I will search, if i haven't deleted it, i can post it here.
    It was zero value and a lot of mistakes, i haven't used it. (well, just wanted to try, it's not a big money).

    Well, there is always a small chance you will get something good from a newbie, that wanna make a name for himself, but....than you still will need to correct mistakes, because most likely they want be native English speakers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rose Anderson
    I am passionate about writing and have been since I was 12 years old (and that's a lot of years). But that doesn't mean I write for peanuts. It makes no sense to me when people say people write cheap articles because they are passionate. If they were truly passionate about their craft they wouldn't try to lower the value of their work and the market.

    It is true that some people starting out write cheaply. Sometimes it's because they're not any good and at other times they haven't yet learned their value. This means that once they do learn their value they will increase their prices. So even if you're lucky enough to find them they won't be writing cheaply for long. They will raise their prices as soon as they realize they can. You'll constantly be looking for new writers.

    Rose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mogly
    No... and you should feel worse if it is worth it.

    That's borderline sweatshop, especially when it comes to educated writers. Come on man..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonBennet
    You will normally get what you paid for. I have a horrible experience getting a writer from India who only charge $2 per article and the quality is horrible. I personally would pay more to get quality articles written.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8391022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Veo
    I'll try to be short:

    I don't know where you live if I offend you in anyway, it sure isn't my intention , but in most countries (even not developed) 2$ can, maybe, buy you decent cup of coffee, so don't think that much. If it sounds appealing to you in any way, give it a shot!

    See ya,

    Veo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8391876].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AffiliateRg
    I wouldn't expect too much for $2, unless you have a way of verifying the quality of work. You could always try purchasing a gig at fiverr.com as you can see the ratings of each provider.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392118].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jazbo
    You get what you pay for. That applies in anything. I laugh when I see people listing projects on freelance sites demanding "top writers" with "top skills" and who are "highly experienced" and then write "I will pay $2 per 1000 words".

    Idiots.
    Signature
    CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
    Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392329].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
      Originally Posted by jazbo View Post

      You get what you pay for. That applies in anything. I laugh when I see people listing projects on freelance sites demanding "top writers" with "top skills" and who are "highly experienced" and then write "I will pay $2 per 1000 words".

      Idiots.
      It's sad, isn't it? I can't tell you how many jobs I've seen on various freelance boards that have some of the craziest requirements I've ever seen...

      Then, you scroll down and notice they are only willing to pay $1 per article and tout it like it's a good deal.

      It blows my mind that people still allow themselves to fall for that kind of crap. Even more surprising, however, is that people think they can run a long-term, sustainable business paying those kind of rates.

      To each their own, I guess...
      Signature
      Want to speed up your writing and save time?
      This book will show you how:
      --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392392].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hirechrisgunn
        Originally Posted by bhuff85 View Post

        It's sad, isn't it? I can't tell you how many jobs I've seen on various freelance boards that have some of the craziest requirements I've ever seen...

        Then, you scroll down and notice they are only willing to pay $1 per article and tout it like it's a good deal.

        It blows my mind that people still allow themselves to fall for that kind of crap. Even more surprising, however, is that people think they can run a long-term, sustainable business paying those kind of rates.

        To each their own, I guess...
        Yeah, this is the whole reason guest blogging has "all of a sudden" lost it's spark in the SEO world...because of stuff like this. Now backlinking on blogs has become harder: because of poor content and a blow up of a misrepresentation of what Matt Cutts has said guest blogging should be like. $20 should be somewhere around going rate for about 900 words. This doesn't mean the quality will be high, but this is the point where you start to see the supply of higher quality meet the demand for better quality. You can always go cheaper, be bigger, get faster, but at the end of the day, there is a content crisis on the internet, not a need for more $2 articles.

        There's always someone who will do work for cheaper...and the person doing it for cheaper is there for a reason. It's because their worth isn't worth more.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DTGeorge
    Originally Posted by srmax View Post

    I saw a website offering content writing for $2 i.e the price that is even lesser than what freelancers charge. Is it worth?
    Creating unique content at that price can never be worth it.

    That being said, repackaged/PLR content may, but I wouldn't even bother selling it at that price!
    Signature
    Kickass writer featured in:
    Make a Living Writing
    Be a Freelance Blogger
    Writers in Charge
    Contact me now for quality content at a reasonable rate
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author makemenoise
    Yes it is worth. If you hire writers from India. I started my venture in 2012 and I offered/offer content writing services too and my starting price was $2 even mostly people get good content at this price in India. Now I have increased my price as per demand in Internet industry.

    Keep one thing in your mind, Before hiring content writer for $2, check their writing samples and quality that they ensure then hire. Sometimes you can get a good writer for $2.

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author randijssh
    It makes no sense to me when people say people write cheap articles because they are passionate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Salman Ravoof
    As a freelance writer, I can assure you that you will be getting low-quality content at those prices. There isn't enough time to research, draft, edit and proofread the work when the pay is so low.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author medway
    Since you didn't mention what the $2 gets you it would be hard to answer. I have paid $2 per 100 words, however, and received very good quality.
    Signature
    Tasty Copy:
    US/UK Native Writer for Articles/Product Reviews
    Highly Experienced in SEO/Copywriting
    Click For Samples...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RestlessBlaze
    On the other hand, i have seen people paying $150 per article. That too for 1000 words.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392999].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
      Originally Posted by RestlessBlaze View Post

      On the other hand, i have seen people paying $150 per article. That too for 1000 words.
      Would it?

      What if you had a tested and proven that an article at that price could pull you 10 times that amount?

      Again, not everyone will have the same results, but those people who purchase articles at high level prices know exactly what they are going to do with them. They also know how much profit they are going to be able to generate as well.

      In certain markets, an article for $150 is a BARGAIN!

      Take a look at the world of magazines. I know a handful of popular fitness magazines that are willing to pay up to $2k for a feature and as much as $500 for a single article.

      Is the competition a bit stiff at that level? Sure it is, but it's also just as stiff down at the bottom, too.

      Don't think so? Go take a look at any freelance website, Fiverr or even the Warriors for Hire section. Look at how many people are competing for those "bottom of the barrel" rates. It's not too difficult to see.

      $150 articles are that price for a reason. It's an entirely different market - one that is much different than the Warrior Forum and other freelance boards. A lot of writers never tackle it because they don't believe in themselves.

      Like I said before, if you can put together at least a fluent paragraph or two that reads well and engages your audience, you can do better than the $2 per article garbage.
      Signature
      Want to speed up your writing and save time?
      This book will show you how:
      --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8393091].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TimothyTorrents
        Originally Posted by bhuff85 View Post

        Would it?

        What if you had a tested and proven that an article at that price could pull you 10 times that amount?

        Again, not everyone will have the same results, but those people who purchase articles at high level prices know exactly what they are going to do with them. They also know how much profit they are going to be able to generate as well.

        In certain markets, an article for $150 is a BARGAIN!

        Take a look at the world of magazines. I know a handful of popular fitness magazines that are willing to pay up to $2k for a feature and as much as $500 for a single article.

        Is the competition a bit stiff at that level? Sure it is, but it's also just as stiff down at the bottom, too.

        Don't think so? Go take a look at any freelance website, Fiverr or even the Warriors for Hire section. Look at how many people are competing for those "bottom of the barrel" rates. It's not too difficult to see.

        $150 articles are that price for a reason. It's an entirely different market - one that is much different than the Warrior Forum and other freelance boards. A lot of writers never tackle it because they don't believe in themselves.

        Like I said before, if you can put together at least a fluent paragraph or two that reads well and engages your audience, you can do better than the $2 per article garbage.
        One of my friends used to write 500 word long corporate newsletters for 500$ each. Most of his work came from offline companies and to be fair his writing was top-notch. Never the less, it is possible to find clients who will be happy to pay top dollar for quality. You just need to know where to look.

        It really depends on what you plan on doing with the articles. Are you going to put them on your website? Are you going to package them into a PLR bundle? Are you going to submit them to article directories?

        Either way, I seriously doubt any decent writer would charge these rates. I don't think it is worth it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8393518].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
          Originally Posted by timbonitus View Post

          One of my friends used to write 500 word long corporate newsletters for 500$ each. Most of his work came from offline companies and to be fair his writing was top-notch. Never the less, it is possible to find clients who will be happy to pay top dollar for quality. You just need to know where to look.
          Exactly. It takes a little extra effort to look, but most don't want to put in that effort and will stick with writing for peanuts. The smart ones will learn to evolve, eventually.

          Originally Posted by timbonitus View Post

          It really depends on what you plan on doing with the articles. Are you going to put them on your website? Are you going to package them into a PLR bundle? Are you going to submit them to article directories?
          I basically said the exact same thing in the post you quoted. People that are paying big bucks for articles know exactly what they are using them for. These markets are VERY different from the ones where $2 an article is "the norm".

          Originally Posted by timbonitus View Post

          Either way, I seriously doubt any decent writer would charge these rates. I don't think it is worth it.
          That's the key - YOU don't think it's worth it. And for whatever it is that you're doing, it just might not be.

          That doesn't mean it's the same for others, though. The companies hiring your friend at $500 a pop for a newsletter saw the value in what he offered, didn't they?

          It still boggles my mind when people invest a significant amount of money into their marketing, but when it comes to content, they want to get by on a shoestring. Like the old adage goes, "It's like putting the cart before the horse."

          As a writer, I might be biased, but I'll tell you this - nothing frustrates me more than when I'm searching through Google for something and I land on page after page of garbage. I'd be willing to say that many would agree with me on that front.

          My golden rule is always to try to create content that I would to read personally. That's what it's all about, really.

          We could argue all day about pricing articles and how "a $25 article is just as good as a $50 article." And hey, there are cases where that is the truth.

          But what I can tell you is that at $2 an article, the argument isn't even there. Writers at those levels simply do not compare to those in the upper echelon.
          Signature
          Want to speed up your writing and save time?
          This book will show you how:
          --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8393636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visimedia
    I prefer people who have higher (but reasonable) rate, like $7/500 words... better you invest more money for the decent quality content.
    Signature

    Waktunya belajar trading investing fokus hasil : https://1click.trade
    https://ulasku.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8393042].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeanneLynn
    I guess it depends on your level of writing skills and where you live. In the United States, I'd say no way. But if I were in a country where $2 had some purchasing power, maybe.

    I write, but I'm lazy. If I could find someone who would write awesome articles for $2, I'd never write another article. Because I'm so lazy, I've tried at least 50 low cost writers in the past few years (mostly from Fiverr or the Warrior Boards). Only one writer measured up to my standards. The other articles needed extremely heavy editing. It would have been easier to write them myself. But what can you expect? If you pay $5 for an article, you aren't going to get something that's perfect and well-researched.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8393712].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author welldone
      Try to ask them samples of their previous writings. Then you can decide if its good or not...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8412640].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IMMaster
      I will explain it in simple way,,,,,
      if you have a blog read by millions of people every month, do you want a $5 writer or a $200 writer? Do you want a writer who will churn out quickly incoherent content just to meet a word requirement or do you want someone who can take an entire day to craft a perfect article? Basically, do you want your readers to keep coming back or leave after reading the first few sentences?

      The difference between a $5 writer and a $200 writer is actually rather simple. Most of the time, a $5 writer looks like this:

      "Hello I has you make money contents. I teach make money today web."

      Someone who's being paid a considerable amount more might look more intelligible.

      "Hello, if you're struggling with bills or just want to make some extra money each month, I'll show you how!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9068873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Max Greenflame
    Originally Posted by srmax View Post

    I saw a website offering content writing for $2 i.e the price that is even lesser than what freelancers charge. Is it worth?
    Avoid super cheap offers like that. They just use a content spinner to generate articles that normally go past copy scape. They have content packs they purchase and churning out 500 or 1000 or million word articles is a matter of a minute for them. They get tons of orders and make bank earning 2 bucks per minute or so.

    If you're interested in high quality valuable content - stay away. If you only want a piece of something written up around some keywords to rank your site higher in search engines - it might be worth. But in this case you'd better buy a software to generate content on your own as much as you need without any necessity to pay anything, save money.

    Sites built off spun content are low quality, garbage extremely vulnerable to Google penalties.

    If your website is for serious long term business - don't kill it this way. If your website is just one of temporary platforms to sell out current products and shut down it's OK for business, though not for its readers and whole internet, that's the process of spamming search engines for traffic generation purposes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8393771].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Diesell
    Well for $2 it's worth the shot ;-) , but i tested a few of these cheap article writing company's, but not one was worth the $2 / $3 .... Most of the time they outsource it overseas ....yep you get what you pay for indeed!

    Good Luck!
    Signature
    Do You Need *TRAFFIC* And Want To Get *PAID* To Use This Secret Buyers Source?
    It Takes Only 5 Min. A/D !

    Go Here =>
    Secret Traffic Source
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8393970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Max Greenflame
      Originally Posted by Diesell View Post

      Well for $2 it's worth the shot ;-) , but i tested a few of these cheap article writing company's, but not one was worth the $2 / $3 .... Most of the time they outsource it overseas ....yep you get what you pay for indeed!

      Good Luck!
      They don't hire anyone overseas - they just use content spinners, content generating software.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8394290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author badaz
    you can do it yourself instead of putting 2$ on the table though it is nothing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8394536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zahanega
    Where is the website based? Some countries typically charge much less for this kind of work.

    Just ask to see a portfolio or some samples. But be careful because portfolios are not always an accurate reflection of the article you're gonna get.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8412333].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    I would think there spinning and touching up.

    Now don't get me wrong I have had some great writings done at low prices but I do a lot of searching and sometimes give noobs chances. Most the time it doesn't pan out but sometimes I hit jackpot.

    I tend to spend 10 bucks for 500 words and its up from there.
    I have spent a dollar a word though and been disappointing in what I got. I have also spent 3 bucks a word and been ecstatic.

    So I don't really go by price for the most part. Takes me forever to pick a writer though also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8412338].message }}
  • Look.... pay peanuts and get monkeys

    I have just finished an international business degree as a mature student in a top UK university and there were a lot of non UK students that could not string a decent sentence together in English which worked out well for me as I wrote many essays and reports for the same people to help them get through the degree's. and these were heavily researched pieces. If these 'educated' people can't write in the language what do you really expect from someone lower down the food chain?

    I am English and will be moving to Malaysia to live next year and I plan to write articles for people as well as run my own blogs and am thinking that (because of the cheaper cost of living) I can look at doing 500 word pieces for around $15 each. That works out at around 1.5 articles a day as part of my plan.
    Signature

    I Make Peanut Butter :-)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8412352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    It will only set you back $2. Give it a shot. You might be surprised. If you chance upon a high quality provider, RESELL their work for 1 USD per 100 or higher. Many American and EU writers RESELL outsourced text. Quick way to make LOTS OF MONEY every month.
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8412648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ReferralCandy
    I'm tempted to commission a $2 article about the pros and cons of using $2 articles... I think that might just end up being an interesting read!
    Signature

    Measure, manage and incentivize customer referrals with ReferralCandy.

    PS: Looking to get more repeat customers for a physical store? Check out CandyBar's digital loyalty cards!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8413201].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
      Good idea, I say do it and post it here, but do two different people just to see both. lol.
      Originally Posted by ReferralCandy View Post

      I'm tempted to commission a $2 article about the pros and cons of using $2 articles... I think that might just end up being an interesting read!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8414190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    That's very cheap and unusual. Don't trust them with the quality. You can ask them for sample work or may they are new that's why they are offering low prices or else they might belong to a country where $2 converts good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8413212].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brandilynbriggs
    If the person is just starting out, like myself... Then yes. I honestly would not buy any type of cheap content unless they have a free sample of some sort. You wouldn't hire someone without a resume...
    Just my opinion
    Signature

    Brandi Briggs

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8414523].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Assignmentwriter
    It depends on level or what kind of subject you want to write?
    Signature
    Prospring launch offering a 100 Million in Prizes and stacks of benefits each week.
    http://www.prospringlaunch.com/Akbar786

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wikiklix
    Probably wont be good, probably wont be a native speaker. But you never know. It all depends on your requirements though. With writing you do get what you pay for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jessicah
    They don't give information about the amount of articles they will request from you? Because with a decent number of articles, you could get some good extra money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9068154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dazzling Content
    I used to write for $2 per article back when I was new to freelance writing and didn't know any better. Personally, it was a difficult and desperate time for me; that's why I agreed to be paid such a low rate because I thought it was the normal rate.

    It was only when I got an offer to write for $40 per article, that I realized that there are plenty of people who are willing to pay big money for quality. Nowadays I charge no less than 4 cents per word for 'simple' articles and 10 cents or more per word for 'magazine-quality' articles.

    So would you get high-quality content for $2 a pop? I highly doubt it. Even flipping burgers at McDonalds is more financially rewarding than writing articles for $2 each, and you certainly don't need an iota of skill or talent to start flipping burgers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9068855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Assignmentwriter
    It depends on quality of article.
    Signature
    Prospring launch offering a 100 Million in Prizes and stacks of benefits each week.
    http://www.prospringlaunch.com/Akbar786

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9069122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author taylerhughes
    I personally wouldn't spend less than $20 on an article but having said that, it's only $2, why not hire them for one article to test them out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9069167].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Ken_Caudill View Post

      My God, there's intelligent life on this forum.
      haha Yeah, a rare breed but not completely extinct yet...

      Originally Posted by IMMaster View Post

      I will explain it in simple way,,,,,
      if you have a blog read by millions of people every month, do you want a $5 writer or a $200 writer?
      This exactly.

      And if you want to ever be read by millions of people per month, or even have a fraction of that type of success, you should hold your own blog to those same standards starting now.

      That's how you succeed in IM.

      Originally Posted by taylerhughes View Post

      I personally wouldn't spend less than $20 on an article but having said that, it's only $2, why not hire them for one article to test them out.
      Yeah, not exactly a high barrier-to-entry investment, right?

      Honestly, OP will probably spend more than $2 worth of time and energy posting in and reading this thread than they would just buying a $2 article and seeing what happens...

      While you're at it, OP, be sure to link the end product here so the rest of us can see what these $2 article writers are made of.

      I kid, I kid.

      Sort of...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9069178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Katie Rich
    Just buy one and try it. If you are a native English speaker then you will instantly see if it is worth the money. If you are not, then you won't notice anyway..

    It's $2, £1.20 or 1.45€. You are hardly wasting a fortune!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9069330].message }}

Trending Topics