The Tao of Badass alternative?

by ejg700
11 replies
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of high converting men's dating products similar to TTOB.

I spent the last two months developing a sales funnel specifically for promoting the aforementioned product- writing an ebook lead magnet, auto responder sequence, custom landing pages, making dozens of banners, and saving up for, and developing a CPV remarketing strategy, and just as I was about to pull the trigger, I happened to come across the following thread. http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...s-stopped.html

Needless to say, it kinda took the wind out of my sails. While there was no solid proof of wrongdoing on the merchant's part, there were just too many coincidences laid out in the thread for my liking. I can't say I'm all that comfortable promoting a product when there is a high probability that I might not get credited for all of my sales. So I'm looking for alternatives.

I've searched the CB marketplace, viewed the sales pages, and done "Google research," on various findings, but would like some suggestions of related products that people have successfully promoted. I realize that much of the success of a promotion is directly related to the effort of the affiliate, but I'm pretty confident in my marketing strategy, and all of my material can be easily retooled for a different, but similar product. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
#alternative #badass #tao
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Why not create your own product? You can find writers who can knock out a 7500 word ebook for only $10 to $25. As long as you have a solid outline/TOC, you should be good to go.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8402899].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Taniwha
      Originally Posted by writeaway View Post

      Why not create your own product? You can find writers who can knock out a 7500 word ebook for only $10 to $25. As long as you have a solid outline/TOC, you should be good to go.
      Do you really think a 7500 word eBook for $10-$25 will be any good, at all?

      I was getting quoted $500-$1500 for a 10,000 word eBook.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8402977].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author writeaway
        Originally Posted by Taniwha View Post

        Do you really think a 7500 word eBook for $10-$25 will be any good, at all?
        Don't let your assumptions limit your possibilities.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8402987].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Taniwha
          Originally Posted by writeaway View Post

          Don't let your assumptions limit your possibilities.
          Very true, but you also have to weigh up the risks vs rewards.

          Risks include:
          - Wasting $25 on a useless eBook (which is assuming you didn't luck out)
          - The time it takes for them to write it, and for you to realise that you've wasted your time waiting

          Rewards include:
          - Only having to spend $25 for an eBook (which is assuming your did luck out)

          The chances for you to encounter a sub-par writing is so high that the reward isn't really worth it.

          No offense to you, because I'm sure you provide great quality in your own service
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8403015].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author writeaway
            Originally Posted by Taniwha View Post

            Very true, but you also have to weigh up the risks vs rewards.

            Risks include:
            - Wasting $25 on a useless eBook (which is assuming you didn't luck out)
            - The time it takes for them to write it, and for you to realise that you've wasted your time waiting

            Rewards include:
            - Only having to spend $25 for an eBook (which is assuming your did luck out)

            The chances for you to encounter a sub-par writing is so high that the reward isn't really worth it.

            No offense to you, because I'm sure you provide great quality in your own service
            That same analysis applies if he is paying $1000 for a 7500 ebook from another person. Your argument doesn't wash.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8403021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    Not giving mine up lol. No I will tell you my best converting relationship offer I sell....NOT lol.

    I do great with Tao and it pays good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8403000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Taniwha
    Yes it does, because the chances of sourcing a HIGHLY reputable writer (with a high price tag) is greater. The chances of the writer creating a master piece, which will be perfect for your target audience will, too, be greater.

    Thus the rewards are greater then the risks (usually).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8403039].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author writeaway
      Originally Posted by Taniwha View Post

      Yes it does, because the chances of sourcing a HIGHLY reputable writer (with a high price tag) is greater. The chances of the writer creating a master piece, which will be perfect for your target audience will, too, be greater.

      Thus the rewards are greater then the risks (usually).
      How do you know? Can you prove this? I graduated with Honors from UC Berkeley-one of the best schools in the United States, if not the world. Many of my clients consistently tell me I am the best writer they have come across. I don't raise my prices because I love to write and I need the volume to keep my creative juices flowing. I love the fun and new challenges I get with each new assignment. I also believe in offering a solid value. According to your 'logic,' my clients, many of whom have paid much higher rates for lower quality work, are wrong. According to you, they should spend lots of money to get the same level of quality or, most likely, worse.

      Like I said before, don't let your assumptions limit you. Just because someone charges a low price doesn't mean their work quality sucks. Instead of worrying about other writers' rates you should look to stepping your own game up and offering better value.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8403095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Taniwha
    As I said before, I'm sure you provide great quality in your service.

    You're saying that I'm assuming that everyone with low price tags are bad, which isn't true at all. I'm saying that MOST of the people charging living wages are bad. It's been confirmed over and over and over and over again.

    The risk vs reward system still stands true.

    By the way, when you say "you can find writers who can knock out a 7500 word ebook", you are totally correct; most writers charging those rates will try to get it done in the shortest amount of time, usually resulting in sub-par content.

    Keywords: most, usually
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8403146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zuberr
    If you have all the content ready, but no longer want to promote TTOB, you could consider creating your own product. It may take you a while to make it, but in the long term, I think you won't regret this decision. In the meantime, you can have a prelaunch on your site and starting collecting leads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8403246].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ovidiu
      Hey guys,

      It, seems like nobody has actually given any alternatives to TOB, so I will: sensual hunter dot com..
      Signature

      The more you sweat, the less you bleed.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8897967].message }}

Trending Topics