How Do Get Facebook Users To Pull Out Their Credit Card?

11 replies
I want to target users on FB for a digital product but I'm familiar with their reluctance to get out their credit card since they weren't searching for what you're offering. Does anyone have any data on the average conversion rate I can expect for a product under $10?

I need to get at least a 3% conversion rate for what I'm selling to make this profitable.

I've thought about trying to send them to a squeeze page first but the numbers don't look good doing it this way.
#card #credit #facebook #pull #users
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    It's the same advice that you'll get for any Internet marketing.
    1. Give your product away (or something in the niche of high perceived value)
    2. Build a list of targeted prospects
    3. Nourish and cultivate that list with consistent high quality content
    4. Over deliver on everything you do
    5. Build a relationship with your subscribers
    6. Once you have the audience, slowly and softly begin recommending your offers
    If you do all these things, I think your conversion rate will be 5% or higher.

    If you simply send a "cold call" offer to Facebook prospects, like so many others try to do, you are likely to get less than 1% conversion - maybe even .01 or .001.

    Sure, there's more time and effort involved in building up a "warm" list with Facebook over time. But in the long run, aren't you trying to build a business?

    The alternative, the way most people do it, is the recipe for a losing campaign - go for the quick sale, realize a dismal conversion rate, and move on to your next failure.

    Good luck to you,

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8434188].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lewis T
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      It's the same advice that you'll get for any Internet marketing.
      1. Give your product away (or something in the niche of high perceived value)
      2. Build a list of targeted prospects
      3. Nourish and cultivate that list with consistent high quality content
      4. Over deliver on everything you do
      5. Build a relationship with your subscribers
      6. Once you have the audience, slowly and softly begin recommending your offers
      If you do all these things, I think your conversion rate will be 5% or higher.

      If you simply send a "cold call" offer to Facebook prospects, like so many others try to do, you are likely to get less than 1% conversion - maybe even .01 or .001.

      Sure, there's more time and effort involved in building up a "warm" list with Facebook over time. But in the long run, aren't you trying to build a business?

      The alternative, the way most people do it, is the recipe for a losing campaign - go for the quick sale, realize a dismal conversion rate, and move on to your next failure.

      Good luck to you,

      Steve
      How soon would you consider the right time to put in your plug (in wks)?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8434798].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steve B
        Originally Posted by Lewis T View Post

        How soon would you consider the right time to put in your plug (in wks)?
        Lewis,

        I think the best way to judge how "warm" and ready your list is, is this: after feeding them some great niche content for a month, I would then provide a free offer of some kind, but not push it to them. This time, you're going to ask them to "raise their hand" and take some action (download) for the reward. If you get a good response to having list members download your freebie, then they are probably ready to accept a paid offer.

        On the other hand, if no one steps up and goes to the effort to grab your download, then they most likely won't be ready to make a purchase from you. You have to try it out, test it a bit, and see what works for you as every niche, every product, and every audience will vary some.

        I guess my main point is this - prospects make purchases from those they know and trust. If you hit them up cold for a sale on first contact at Facebook (or most anywhere else), you haven't had time to allow them to know you or trust you. That comes as you continually provide them with valuable content and advice in the niche over time.

        I hope this helps a bit. Good luck to you.

        Steve
        Signature

        Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
        SteveBrowneDirect

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8435060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author commerce cat
    An average conversion rate will tell you nothing about your list.

    What matters is the relationship you've built with your audience and the relevance of the product to their needs/wants.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8434367].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brutecky
    Good answers that touch on a simple fact that sooo many people miss. You cant just spam offers. You have to build up a relationship. This is the same no matter if your doing email marketing or building a relationship with your fans.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8434992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    Get em to play a game they love lol. Tell them they will be the most popular there. Lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8434993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edwardmmp
    I think the best approach to get targeted buyers in facebook is to participate in a similar niche groups and give value to every members so that you will gain their trust and they will start to get interested to what you are offering with them. and please don't spam...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8435024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Willie Crawford
    Use Facebook ads, targeting niche groups and Fanpages, to get in front
    of those in your niche.

    Drive those clicks through a fanpage on Facebook, since FB users feel
    more comfortable if you keep them on FB, and you reduce your ad cost
    when you don't send the clicks to a page off FB.

    Perhaps offer them a gift for opting in... or just offer your product
    for sale right there on FB... perhaps even installing a store or shopping
    cart right within your page.

    If you offer them things that they are really interested in, they will
    buy them. Don't sell too aggressively though, remembering that
    people love to buy things, but they don't like to feel that there
    being sold to.

    Willie
    Signature

    Over 800 High-Value Domain Names For Only $20 Each!
    Yes, It's Crazy!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8435047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shannonn
    Banned
    You could try organizing contests and offering your product as a prize. This way you will get higher engagement and people will try out your product. If they like it they will come back and buy it and why not, even recommend it to others!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8435619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxjpip
    Originally Posted by Sinistar View Post

    I want to target users on FB for a digital product but I'm familiar with their reluctance to get out their credit card since they weren't searching for what you're offering. Does anyone have any data on the average conversion rate I can expect for a product under $10?

    I need to get at least a 3% conversion rate for what I'm selling to make this profitable.

    I've thought about trying to send them to a squeeze page first but the numbers don't look good doing it this way.
    Are you targeting the right audience?

    Are you giving them what they want?

    Is your squeeze page converting? (Headline, body text, color, image)

    Do they know what are you trying to give them?

    Have you made any changes to squeeze page for higher conversion?

    Is the product good? Even it's cheap, its conversion might be low, or the product isn't what your audience want.

    Are you building a list with your squeeze page? You might hear this before, people are there to social, not shopping and sell to.

    So don't try to get their credit card out right off the bat, try to build a list so you can provide values around your topic. And promote the product when the time is right.

    Hope this helps, test test test my friend, find out where the problem is and make it better.
    Signature

    #
    #
    # Product + System + Traffic = ??
    #
    #

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8435838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author malcsimm
    Hi - The general advice with Facebook is to use it to get people on your list, then sell them via email. The best way to do this is by using some sort of app. As Willie says Facebook ads can be very targeted - e.g. targetting fans of certain authors or certain celebrity people. A lot of people are creaming it with Facebook. Eg UK's Lee McIntyre has said he is spending $15,000 a month and he's really hitting it with high ticket coaching. Stunning ROIs.

    One of the top people for Facebook strategies is Amy Porterfield. Check out her podcast which is excellent – full of highly actionable information.

    Amy Porterfield podcasts.

    Amy worked as a high-level with Tony Robbins and, among other things, sat in on Tony consulting with the likes of Frank Kern. She knows a lot and communicates it well.

    Malc
    Signature

    You WILL banish # Procrastination, # Email bloat, # Wasting time, # Wasting money
    Getting Things Done PLUS Evernote turned my life around - read here how I do it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8436024].message }}

Trending Topics