New to Paypal - problem with thank you page - need advice

8 replies
First, let me apologize if there's a relative thread on the WF to answer my question. I did search but did not find exactly.

Actually, I've had a Premiere account for a while but generally only use it for buying and a few lame attempts at affiliate marketing.

I just bought some PLR and trying to set up Paypal to deliver the digital goods (videos). I have a download/thank you page created but can't figure out how to get it to the buyer.

When I created the Buy Now button I included the dl/ty link for the redirect when purchase is successful. But, when I tested it by purchasing it myself it never directed me to the dl/ty page. Also, the email notification from Paypal to me, as the buyer, was blank, but the Paypal to me, the seller, included the invoice details.

Where can I get good clear directions on how to set this up?

Thanks for reading my email....

~Tony
#advice #page #paypal #problem
  • Profile picture of the author Yogini
    Hi Tony,

    I found this thread where someone posted a video on it:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...nk-paypal.html

    I personally use e-junkie which is 5.00 a month. I have a business account with paypal. If you can't find a solution with the above, I'd also check on youtube.

    Debbie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8465752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tbright
    Thanks Debbie for info and link to the video.

    I've viewed multiple videos on YT and seen the same process. However, I did enter a download link in the space suggested in the video but the purchase process (Paypal) did NOT redirect to it.

    I did, though, use the html code, rather than the email, and used my own button. I just changed the link in the code for the button image to my image.

    The button worked fine and I could make the purchase but no redirect to the download page. Now, I did this in my premiere account, not a business account where there are transaction charges.

    I can't seem to find my answer as to why the redirect did not work.

    As as far as e-junkie, I've looked at it but not really sure what it would cost me. The entry level is $5/mo but seems limited to space. Does this imply I would need to store my downloads on their server or can I still do that on mine?

    If I store on mine then, I would not get the benefit of expirable DL links which starts, as I understand it, at the $18/mo level. Right?

    I'm just a schmuck noob trying to get started.

    ~Tony
    Signature
    Dog Training Online Stunning Performance Five Key Elements to a Stunning Performance
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8465840].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vector Graphics
      Originally Posted by tbright View Post

      Thanks Debbie for info and link to the video.

      I've viewed multiple videos on YT and seen the same process. However, I did enter a download link in the space suggested in the video but the purchase process (Paypal) did NOT redirect to it.

      I did, though, use the html code, rather than the email, and used my own button. I just changed the link in the code for the button image to my image.

      The button worked fine and I could make the purchase but no redirect to the download page. Now, I did this in my premiere account, not a business account where there are transaction charges.

      I can't seem to find my answer as to why the redirect did not work.

      As as far as e-junkie, I've looked at it but not really sure what it would cost me. The entry level is $5/mo but seems limited to space. Does this imply I would need to store my downloads on their server or can I still do that on mine?

      If I store on mine then, I would not get the benefit of expirable DL links which starts, as I understand it, at the $18/mo level. Right?

      I'm just a schmuck noob trying to get started.

      ~Tony

      Hello Tony! Did you make the purchase with the same paypal account that your product is set up on? If so then that might be the problem because you can't buy something from your own paypal account.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8466502].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author VinnyBock
        Some browsers will prevent an automatic redirect. The best way around that is to use another payment processor that's compatible with paypal like JVzoo which is free, or make sure you give very CLEAR check out instructions on the purchase page...

        On the check out page, or after successful check out the link that reads "return to merchant" will go to what ever you make the download/thank you page. So if you put detailed directions on the purchase page that states to please click the return to merchant link if your not automatically redirected, you should be okay. Also just make sure you have contact info that's easy to find, so if someone does miss the download page or your directions all together, they can at least get in contact with you directly...
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8466512].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tbright
          Originally Posted by VinnyBock View Post

          Some browsers will prevent an automatic redirect. The best way around that is to use another payment processor that's compatible with paypal like JVzoo which is free, or make sure you give very CLEAR check out instructions on the purchase page...

          On the check out page, or after successful check out the link that reads "return to merchant" will go to what ever you make the download/thank you page. So if you put detailed directions on the purchase page that states to please click the return to merchant link if your not automatically redirected, you should be okay. Also just make sure you have contact info that's easy to find, so if someone does miss the download page or your directions all together, they can at least get in contact with you directly...
          I've looked into JVZoo. Since the product I am trying to sell is PLR videos, someone already has the identical product listed there. I think that would be redundant.
          Signature
          Dog Training Online Stunning Performance Five Key Elements to a Stunning Performance
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8466686].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tbright
        Originally Posted by PlrGraphics View Post

        Hello Tony! Did you make the purchase with the same paypal account that your product is set up on? If so then that might be the problem because you can't buy something from your own paypal account.
        I did not purchase with the same Paypal account. I purchased using my wife's credit card and her email account.
        Signature
        Dog Training Online Stunning Performance Five Key Elements to a Stunning Performance
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8466648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author papuanac1971
    Originally Posted by tbright View Post

    First, let me apologize if there's a relative thread on the WF to answer my question. I did search but did not find exactly.

    Actually, I've had a Premiere account for a while but generally only use it for buying and a few lame attempts at affiliate marketing.

    I just bought some PLR and trying to set up Paypal to deliver the digital goods (videos). I have a download/thank you page created but can't figure out how to get it to the buyer.

    When I created the Buy Now button I included the dl/ty link for the redirect when purchase is successful. But, when I tested it by purchasing it myself it never directed me to the dl/ty page. Also, the email notification from Paypal to me, as the buyer, was blank, but the Paypal to me, the seller, included the invoice details.

    Where can I get good clear directions on how to set this up?

    Thanks for reading my email....

    ~Tony

    I had same problem with paypal and that's why I always put strong note before purchase: If you have trouble to download your product, please contact me ASAP on my email address... And give email address. I don't know why it happen. I contact PayPal several time and they said there is no problem but problem repeat again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8466521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tbright
    Just wanted to let you all know that I was able to get the Paypal situation resolved.

    In the process I learned that, according to Paypal, Google Chrome is NOT fully compatible with Paypal and they suggest not using it because some links will not show up.

    I've added a suggestion to my buyers near the Buy Now button to use a different browser.

    Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

    ~Tony

    p.s., Spoke to 2 different people from PP and they were both very pleasant, professional and helpful. Guess I wasn't expecting that.
    Signature
    Dog Training Online Stunning Performance Five Key Elements to a Stunning Performance
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8476496].message }}

Trending Topics