I've browsed this forum periodically over the last few months, as I decided I wanted to start a home business. Search engines are chock full of "Make $XXX per day without lifting a finger" offers. To my luck, I haven't bought in to anything yet. But, my research tells me that most make money schemes on the web today are selling people information on how to make money.
Of course, there's the whole CPM advertising thing, which I just don't seem to have a knack for. I haven't tried anything concrete yet, but at the same time, I really don't feel passionate about any subject, that I feel I could gather a respectable audience to make money selling ad space.
E-commerce seemed to be the way to go for me, but that is a cutthroat world I'm not ready to get into.
I've planned out a very basic idea for a business I wish to start. Here are the key points:
- Monthly subscription, purchasing 1000 ad impressions.
- Subscription cost <$8.
- Unlimited $1 commission each month, for each subscribing member signed up under affiliate link.
Here's where I need some help. I know a bit of HTML, enough to build a website and get it hosted. I know how to setup merchant accounts (I run a retail store during the day as my job, I want to quit so badly!) to take payments and subscriptions. The questions I have are these:
- Am I out of my mind for thinking people will pay $8 for 1000 impressions?
- Do I need a reward structure that pays high performers better than average ones?
- Would a 2, 3, or 4 (or more?) level deep organization attract more members than it would scare away?
- How do I go about finding software, or a script, that will handle the referral system for me?
Any suggestions, insights, or questions, I would love to hear! I appreciate all your time, and I'm sorry if I missed something.
Edit: I just saw this thread (http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post8476430) bumped to the top of this forum, that has some answers in it to my affiliate tracking question. Thanks!