It went live on October 2011 and I've made 62 sales to date.
My problem = traffic.
When I do get a trickle of visitors (usually from random bot/script affiliates that mine my link from the CB marketplace) it converts like a beast. I've had days where I make a sale with only 6-8 visitors to my site. In fact, all my sales were made on days where I had less than 20 visitors. That means my WORST conversion is 5%.
I'm confident my product is a winner. It's just........ I can't get traffic. Or rather, I can't make it profitable.
What I've tried:
1. Plenty of Fish. I've spent thousands of dollars here. No matter what I do, no matter what setting or option I tweak in my ads, I can't make it profitable. (PoF recently tightened their ad guidelines making it that much harder to get clicks.) I usually end up losing $20-30 per $100 spent.
2. SEO. I've tried several WSO's to help me with this. They all went nowhere. My sales page is tweaked to sell, not for the search engines. (I know a blog would help here... I'm just skeptical I would rank anywhere decent for any dating related terms.)
3. JVs. This is where I thought I could make some sales. Yet again, nothing I do seems to work. I'm a decent writer and know to appeal to THEIR benefit, not mine (aka preserving their reputation to their list), and I've gotten tons of responses - except they will only mail for me if I mail for them. Well the second I tell them my list is 1k in size, they cease all communication. The most common number I get is a minimum of 25k. Shesh.
4. Google AdWords. I'm banned. I won't write a sob story, but essentially they said my claims were too exaggerated. This was tough because I actually went to great lengths to get real, genuine testimonials. I didn't fake them which so many people said I should do.
5. Facebook. They refuse to accept my ads. My sales page violates their terms.
6. Guest posting on other blogs. Every blog owner I contact never writes me back. I'm very careful what I say. (I'm aware of not making it all about me, me, me.) I'm at a loss here.
7. Blog commenting. I posted on many. The comment usually got buried and didn't generate any traffic.
8. Articles. I don't know how so many people make money from submitting articles to directories. I've submitted several articles to several directories. It has produced nothing.
9. Dating forums. Again, I don't know how people make this work. Almost every dating or PUA forum out there has a strict policy of no links in your signature.
I know people will list a bazillion ways to generate traffic, but I don't think that will help. I want to FOCUS on one method and keep at it until I make it work. (Then and only then will I move on to the next one.)
My gut tells me to start with the most targeted traffic and to me that's advertising on dating sites (like PoF) OR securing JV's in the dating niche.
That's essentially where I'm at.
Any feedback would be appreciated.