Do You REALLY believe that IM and Success has to be hard?

by Andyhenry 28 replies
Hi Warriors,

There are always people starting out in IM and thinking that making massive money is just a matter of writing an ebook and getting someone with a list to promote it.

Well, we all know that this is not the way that usually works and there are plenty of people around to advise beginners not to make too many assumptions about that.

However - there are also plenty of people around who (because of their own lack of success) are a little too quick to jump on the "it's a long hard struggle" bandwagon.

I know that no-one likes to think that they're responsible for their lack of success - or it's speed, so it's common for people to want to be able to say it's hard and a long struggle.


What I would like to add is that - It doesn't HAVE to be!

Not everyone struggles. Not everyone starting has to struggle.

It doesn't HAVE to take a long time.

We're now living in one of the most abundant times in history and the Internet is changing and opening up opportunities all the time.

However, if you want it to be a long hard struggle - that's easy to do, just follow what everyone else is doing and listen to the stories of hardship and struggle and look for evidence.

I know we all like to see stories of people struggling and then triumphing over adversity (I've had that journey myself), but in reality it is NOT a sure thing that you must struggle and take a long time to create success for yourself.

And anyone who tells you otherwise is doing you a disservice.

Andy
#main internet marketing discussion forum #hard #success
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author DougBarger
    Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

    Hi Warriors,

    There are always people starting out in IM and thinking that making massive money is just a matter of writing an ebook and getting someone with a list to promote it.

    Well, we all know that this is not the way that usually works and there are plenty of people around to advise beginners not to make too many assumptions about that.

    However - there are also plenty of people around who (because of their own lack of success) are a little too quick to jump on the "it's a long hard struggle" bandwagon.

    I know that no-one likes to think that they're responsible for their lack of success - or it's speed, so it's common for people to want to be able to say it's hard and a long struggle.


    What I would like to add is that - It doesn't HAVE to be!

    Not everyone struggles. Not everyone starting has to struggle.

    It doesn't HAVE to take a long time.

    We're now living in one of the most abundant times in history and the Internet is changing and opening up opportunities all the time.

    However, if you want it to be a long hard struggle - that's easy to do, just follow what everyone else is doing and listen to the stories of hardship and struggle and look for evidence.

    I know we all like to see stories of people struggling and then triumphing over adversity (I've had that journey myself), but in reality it is NOT a sure thing that you must struggle and take a long time to create success for yourself.

    And anyone who tells you otherwise is doing you a disservice.

    Andy
    Great inspirational voice of reason there Andy.

    From that I'm reminded of what my cross-country coach would tell me about running for both distance and speed...

    Keep your focus on the runner just ahead of you and then you'll catch up, then focus on the next one until you're in first and then just keep the finish in mind.

    The point wasn't to compete with the other runners but just the opposite,
    to stay focused on the object ahead until it was met and exceeded.

    Sure enough, we end up where we focus our attention.

    It's easy to get distracted and that's when goals, objectives, mission statements, planning are more important than ever.

    Encouraging posts like yours help too, so thanks for that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
    The only thing I will say with any certainty about making money online is
    that it takes work.

    How quickly or slowly you make that money depends on how much work
    you're willing to put in, which can include a number of things including pooling
    your resources with other people, or as we say in the game, leveraging
    wherever you can.

    Took me a long time because I was stupid. Plain and simple. Today, if I
    started from scratch, I'd be in profit within 60 days, maybe sooner.

    Hey, we live and learn.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    Originally Posted by Jeff Hope View Post

    Hi Andy,

    I think the only truly hard parts are overcoming our own self-imposed hurdles - namely, lack of focus, inaction, lack of confidence, and fear of failure (or success).

    Once those are cleared the rest is usually very easy!

    Jeff
    Exactly Jeff.

    No-one is saying that time and effort don't come in to play - however, many IM beginners think that their own time and effort is all they have - which DOES cause more time and effort to be taken than when using effective leverage.

    Andy
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon_Sezs
    Originally Posted by Jeff Hope View Post

    Hi Andy,

    I think the only truly hard parts are overcoming our own self-imposed hurdles - namely, lack of focus, inaction, lack of confidence, and fear of failure (or success).

    Once those are cleared the rest is usually very easy!

    Jeff
    Unfortunately, you can have all of those bases covered and still fail. I hate to sound like party pooper but online business...offline business...it still has the about the same percentage of 'failure' rate when it comes to business.

    I talk to people all the time who think that they are doing all they are supposed to do and still failing. Ask some of those make money bloggers out there if they are making money....I can guarantee that more than a few are tirelessly working loooooong hours hoping to eventually make it. I can't see why it wouldn't be different for most affiliates.

    And the bad news for the newbs is there really isn't a 'blueprint' to becoming successful; unless you want to call business 101 a 'blueprint'. Almost every story is different.
    Signature
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Ben Franklin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72439].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Simon_Sezs
      Originally Posted by Simon_Sezs View Post

      Unfortunately, you can have all of those bases covered and still fail. I hate to sound like party pooper but online business...offline business...it still has the about the same percentage of 'failure' rate when it comes to business.

      I talk to people all the time who think that they are doing all they are supposed to do and still failing. Ask some of those make money bloggers out there if they are making money....I can guarantee that more than a few are tirelessly working loooooong hours hoping to eventually make it. I can't see why it wouldn't be different for most affiliates.

      And the bad news for the newbs is there really isn't a 'blueprint' to becoming successful; unless you want to call business 101 a 'blueprint'. Almost every story is different.
      LOL, I started reading this and thought that maybe this was a little harsh. Actually, what I meant to say is that making money online isn't hard....earning a living online....well, that is a lot harder than most people would like to admit.

      You can work seriously long hours (12+ hours a day, 7 days a week), have laser focus, and think that your idea, methods, strategies, ect. are sound and workable and STILL turn up a big fat goose egg.

      Make money folks talk a lot about techniques and strategies but rarely do I ever see a thread devoted to margins or anything remotely business related. And when a thread does pop up, it is not very popular. However, the ironic thing is if marketers paid more attention to margins and other things that successful offline businesses make special note of, then there would be a ton more success stories in this forum.
      Signature
      "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Ben Franklin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72462].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
        Originally Posted by Simon_Sezs View Post

        LOL, I started reading this and thought that maybe this was a little harsh. Actually, what I meant to say is that making money online isn't hard....earning a living online....well, that is a lot harder than most people would like to admit.

        You can work seriously long hours (12+ hours a day, 7 days a week), have laser focus, and think that your idea, methods, strategies, ect. are sound and workable and STILL turn up a big fat goose egg.

        Make money folks talk a lot about techniques and strategies but rarely do I ever see a thread devoted to margins or anything remotely business related. And when a thread does pop up, it is not very popular. However, the ironic thing is if marketers paid more attention to margins and other things that successful offline businesses make special note of, then there would be a ton more success stories in this forum.

        You're probably right.

        I started a thread recently about positive cashflow (I've lost count of the number of people who told me they were IMers but are spending more than they're making). The people who responded were generally seasoned warriors who already know how important it is.

        It's one of the truths about IM that people tend to be looking for the success stories but ignoring the basic simple concepts that they need to get success.


        I don't think anyone would argue that you can indeed spend a lot of time and money and get little or no positive results - however, that doesn't mean that effort = no results.

        The simple fact is, when you get things right it CAN be very quick and easy to make money and without working stupid hours and losing sleep or stressing.

        In general, you get what you expect. Most people enter IM knowing that they really don't have any reason to expect success and that they're just 'hoping' that things will work out well.

        If you take a moment to think of your own success goals and then consider them a 'hope' or 'wish' and then take a minute to 'expect' them - the difference is massive.

        Most IMers do not expect success - and THAT is as much a reason as any other why it doesn't happen.

        When YOU don't expect success and you tell others not to expect it - of course you end up with a large group of people who all think success is unlikely and it's a hard, long struggle to 'pursue' it.

        Every single person in this forum has enough resources to be making money and the 2 main reasons for not doing so (in my humble opinion) are:

        1 - Not expecting to and therefore not doing the things you really know you should be.

        2 - Not having enough basic knowledge of business/success/IM to have a reasonable expectation of success.

        Either way - you can change both of those, so everyone has reason to be positive and motivated -even if you've failed before.

        Andy
        p.s. NO, I'm not about to launch a WSO for some motivational ebook or whatever else you might have negatively hallucinated is behind my posts.
        Signature

        nothing to see here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72487].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Simon_Sezs
          Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post


          Most IMers do not expect success - and THAT is as much a reason as any other why it doesn't happen.
          I don't know if I agree with that. Most of the very new internet marketers actually believe that online success is as easy as writing an ebook and throwing it out there

          Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post


          When YOU don't expect success and you tell others not to expect it - of course you end up with a large group of people who all think success is unlikely and it's a hard, long struggle to 'pursue' it.
          I think it is a more realistic viewpoint to look at success as a journey....I can't state that most IMers think that it is easy but I do get emails from people who think that (using the ebook example again) if you put out a product that it will naturally be consumed by the masses and you will be able to quit your day job.

          I actually didn't start making real money online until I started looking at internet marketing as not a slam dunk. But then again, some people may get disenchanted and quit when they realize that it does take a bit of work.

          On the flip side, I have known a couple people hit the right niche coming out of the gates.

          Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post


          Either way - you can change both of those, so everyone has reason to be positive and motivated -even if you've failed before.
          True that Andy. The key for success in any business venture is to take your failures like a man (or a woman), rub some dirt on it, get back up and try again.
          Signature
          "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Ben Franklin
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72503].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
          Andy!

          Righty you are!

          You know I am a student of Michael Cheney.. Personally mentored by him for over 100 days.. lots of one to one calls, lots of live shows for the group.. And so I basically learned his business inside out.

          Just to mention in case someone didn't kow, Michael did over 1 million dollars in profits last year and has already done over 2 million this yer, with the biggest launch he has ever done anticipated this very September.

          That was earlier this year and to be honest, I was dumb as an ass before that coaching, but since I took the right steps for education from someone who was doing millions, I have no qualms in admitting that I basically just followed his footprints and built upon his knowledge to get going and create a business that is highly successful.

          I might just also mention here that English is not even my first launguage and I have already seen some 5 figure months (July and August), and My list of customers is growing fast.

          Now I have put in a lot of time and m0ney and energy into this business, but with the right plan and minimum mistakes I have been able to achieve in months what most marketers never ever achieve.

          So yeah, I totally agree with your idea of fast income. If someone tells me it is hard to make a living online, I would never take their advice again (Unless it coincided with the advice of a lot of other people that I trust).

          Lakshay
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72504].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
            No! It doesn't have to be hard. But it does require some effort. Mostly, it requires using your brain and planning for success!
            Signature
            Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72515].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
              I think realistically speaking if you're a newbie the learning curve at the start will be very steep.

              But I agree that's there's a lot of dumb bashing your head against the wall busy work that many people do trying to make money online.

              You need to focus in on a strategy that can conceivably make you the income you want for the amount of hours you want to work.

              Often businesses online and offline can be very hard work and then an opportunity of some kind comes along and because you're prepared you're suddenly making a small fortune with very little effort.

              Once you're ready it can be very easy to make money.

              I would be careful not to undervalue the process of preparation though.

              Kindest regards,
              Andrew Cavanagh
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72636].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
                Originally Posted by AndrewCavanagh View Post

                I would be careful not to undervalue the process of preparation though.

                Kindest regards,
                Andrew Cavanagh
                Wise words. I've found that the more I prepare - the luckier I get

                There's definitely no question that whatever you can do to arm yourself for success is worthwhile.

                I really wanted to just make the point that - It doesn't have to be a slog, a battle, a struggle.

                Some people realise this but then mentally add "but you have to have put years of effort in before it gets easy" - that's not true either.

                Much of your results depend largely on where your mind is when you enter IM. Many people don't treat it as a business and thus don't get proper results. Those that do, sometimes want to believe the hype and think it's way easier than it is - but when you approach it like you would setting up any business and answer the right basic questions about the validity of the business model you're using - it can be easy and quick.

                There are plenty of stupid people making money because they didn't realise it was supposed to be hard

                There are plenty of people who made money right from the start - because they didn't realise it was supposed to take a long time

                The reality is - it is both fast and slow, easy and hard - depending on the point you're starting from. That start point is related very little to money or IM knowledge and much more related to common-sense and basic principles.

                Starting in the wrong way is what I believe is responsible for most intelligent people failing in IM. They over analyse everything and don't take enough action, and when they do take action they get bored quickly and move on to other things before establishing a stable income in the first thing.

                When you're intelligent and constantly failing - it's reasonable to think that it's not as easy as you thought. The truth is - is actually can be, but you have to accept that your approach may be at fault. Unfortunately, everyone has different experience knowledge and resources, so the 'right' approach is not something you can ordinarily get from someone else -but with a few basic common-sense business concepts at the core of your efforts, it should be possible for everyone to get better results.

                Andy
                Signature

                nothing to see here.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72661].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Peter Bestel
                  Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

                  How quickly or slowly you make that money depends on how much work
                  you're willing to put in, which can include a number of things including pooling
                  your resources with other people, or as we say in the game, leveraging
                  wherever you can.

                  Took me a long time because I was stupid. Plain and simple. Today, if I
                  started from scratch, I'd be in profit within 60 days, maybe sooner.

                  Hey, we live and learn.
                  I think Steven eludes to that old adage of work smarter not harder. There's little point in working you a$$ off if you're focusing on the wrong things.



                  Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

                  There are plenty of stupid people making money because they didn't realise it was supposed to be hard

                  There are plenty of people who made money right from the start - because they didn't realise it was supposed to take a long time

                  Andy
                  I hope people realise how inspirational those two little comments can be.

                  If you believe success is going to be a long hard road, then you're right.
                  If you believe you can make things easy and STILL be successful, then you're also right.

                  Peter
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72680].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
                  Andy

                  Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

                  Starting in the wrong way is what I believe is responsible for most intelligent people failing in IM. They over analyse everything and don't take enough action, and when they do take action they get bored quickly and move on to other things before establishing a stable income in the first thing.

                  When you're intelligent and constantly failing - it's reasonable to think that it's not as easy as you thought. The truth is - is actually can be, but you have to accept that your approach may be at fault. Unfortunately, everyone has different experience knowledge and resources, so the 'right' approach is not something you can ordinarily get from someone else -but with a few basic common-sense business concepts at the core of your efforts, it should be possible for everyone to get better results.
                  Andy
                  I think you've absolutely hit the nail on the head with those words.

                  There are so many potentially profitable business models in IM that deciding on your particular route can be difficult when each method has its own, very convincing, champions.

                  It's so important to choose a model that is comfortable for you and a "good fit" with your own abilities and personality.

                  I believe that to be successful in IM, as in any other business, you need to look upon it as an adventure and an enjoyable, fun thing to do.

                  If you view your chosen business as a "slog" or a "struggle", maybe you've just chosen wrongly.

                  Thanks for this thread.

                  Frank
                  Signature
                  I've just put Richard Branson's number on speed-dial. I call it my "Get-Rich-Quick" scheme.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72778].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author BetRoof
                    Awesome thread.

                    It's like at one point we all thought the same about making money online or not making money when we put so much time and energy but results just didn't come.


                    Most annoying is when your finance depends only on internet success especially if you don't have a job or got fed up and quit your job.

                    Much better way is to take it at first as a hobby - setting a website and takings small steps to improve it, get small growth in daily visitors, building your network of contacts, get to be known in niche forums.

                    But then again - sometimes you just need to get lucky or get a crazy idea that looks so simple that you think why no one put it in action before you.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72789].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Dan Grossman
                      I started making money online when I was 13 (10 years ago) with my first checks coming from Advertising.com (TeknoSurf AdWave before the name change) and Microsoft (they ran a pay-per-click ad network back in the day). I definitely wasn't working hard when I was 12.

                      Don't think I've worked more than a few hours a week on websites in my life, while they pay a nice 6-figure net profit every year.

                      Always work smarter, not harder.
                      Signature
                      Improvely: Built to track, test and optimize your marketing.

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72805].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author writer-ros
                      This is a great thread

                      Andy, I do agree with what you say.

                      One has to realise there is a great deal of difference between "hard" and "hard work". You can choose to make something hard and a struggle, or you can choose to make it easy.

                      I realised a long time ago that if I was "struggling" with something, then something wasn't working, and it's time to take a different approach. Sounds logical now, but it's amazing how many people believe that you have to struggle in order to get somewhere.

                      There's also a great deal of difference between "believing" something and being blind! I think a few people on this thread have confused Andy's statement about expectation with those people who start an IM business and think they'll be rich overnight without any work at all. The difference is called "Taking action" which is necessary, but doesn't have to be hard.

                      Hope this makes sense - I could ramble on... but I won't - got work to do...!
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72808].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author DaniMc
                    I agree with everything said here so far but of course...I have a few caveats.

                    This thread isn't talking about "this tactic" or "that tactic". We are talking about skill sets.

                    Skills sets being such that they are...none of us are born with them. They are developed through repetition, practice, and learning. None of these things comes over night.

                    When you say "they succeed quickly because they didn't know it was supposed to take a long time" it sounds witty and cute. The reality is, when people succeed quickly it is because they either knew what to do from previous experience/teaching or they just got lucky and put the puzzle together correctly on the first try.

                    Now...some people do get that puzzle finished faster than others and there are many, many factors. There is no hard/fast rule that says you will get rich in "X" time...long or short. It is different for everyone.

                    What are the real skill sets we are talking about here?

                    I see a few mentioned in the thread.

                    Outsourcing. Absolutely a learned/taught skill set. Nobody who gets good results outsourcing knew what they needed to know in advance. It had to be learned. Learning = time.

                    Time management. Absolutely a learned/taught skill set. Some people are better at it than others that is true. But no one came from birth as a great time manager. It has to be learned and practiced. Learning = Time.

                    Planning to succeed. Perhaps the most important learned/taught skill set. If you have no knowledge whatsoever of what you are planning for, then you will likely develop a plan that will fail. In the process of failing, the smart people take note of what went wrong and plan accordingly next time. The other people either quit or just keep making the same mistakes. Learning to plan = Time.

                    Hard Work. Another learned skill. I still remember when I learned the definition of hard work. It was a valuable lesson I had never learned before in my life. Learning = Time

                    The same is true with focus, perseverance, budgeting, cash flow and every other aspect of business.

                    Sure, I can sit down and say "I am going to build a building" but unless someone shows me how to acquire steel, hire contractors and engineers and define budgets and all the other plans...I will surely meet with much failure and frustration.

                    It all comes down to how much you know at the start and what resources you have available. For some...it will take a lot longer than others.

                    And that is perfectly OK. Certainly, those people who know less would love to be shown the basic details from people who know more. But, that rarely happens.

                    So....no it doesn't have to be hard....but that does not mean it has to be easy either.

                    It doesn't have to take a long time....but that does not mean it has to be fast either.

                    Daniel
                    Signature
                    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72813].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Tuzic
                      Banned
                      Hi,

                      i do think its hard having an online business & advertising it is a struggle but you have to keep trying & planning then you can see light at the ned of the tunnel & i think it does come as long as you focus & of course take action & not just whine.

                      it is hard to earn an income online but when you do the rewards are well worth it.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72826].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
                      Originally Posted by Daniel McCoy View Post

                      When you say "they succeed quickly because they didn't know it was supposed to take a long time" it sounds witty and cute. The reality is, when people succeed quickly it is because they either knew what to do from previous experience/teaching or they just got lucky and put the puzzle together correctly on the first try.

                      Sure, I can sit down and say "I am going to build a building" but unless someone shows me how to acquire steel, hire contractors and engineers and define budgets and all the other plans...I will surely meet with much failure and frustration.

                      It all comes down to how much you know at the start and what resources you have available. For some...it will take a lot longer than others.

                      And that is perfectly OK. Certainly, those people who know less would love to be shown the basic details from people who know more. But, that rarely happens.

                      So....no it doesn't have to be hard....but that does not mean it has to be easy either.

                      It doesn't have to take a long time....but that does not mean it has to be fast either.

                      Daniel
                      Hi Daniel,

                      I've cut out some of your post in my quote but I'd like to discuss some points.

                      You're right that success depends in part of where you start your journey (especially when it comes to timescales), but that's sort of my point.

                      You can't reasonably expect to start a new business in an area where you have little or no knowledge or experience and presume to make a huge income quickly.

                      So why do IMers do it?

                      With that caveat in place, it makes things simple - either you have enough knowledge to believe that you can create a successful business, or you don't.

                      If you do - action is required.

                      If you don't - knowledge and time are required.

                      However, while some skills are almost always going to be useful, it's not necessarily a requirement that you have great time management or outsourcing skills if all you're doing is facilitating a business/person in getting their value online and sharing the profits.

                      So, while I completely agree that time, knowledge, experience etc are great assets - they're NOT essential to success. Their impact relates to the business model to which you're applying them. If you have a business model that requires a lot of management by you - of course more management skills will make a difference.

                      The core point is - YOU can choose the business model to suit your situation, skills and preferences, so there really is no need for time-consuming and difficult barriers to stop you getting started.

                      To build an online business effectively requires that you become an expert in key areas to that business so that you can maximize the impact of your actions. You can do it less effectively and get there, it'll just take more time.

                      The real point I was addressing when I started the thread was that since you have complete control over your business model and your actions - It's not appropriate for someone not familiar with your position to tell you that you must struggle for a long period before you can expect any success. It's simply not true.

                      It's common sense really, but sometimes that can be surprisingly uncommon when people are coming from a position of escaping unhealthy situations (bad jobs, debts etc.) rather than forming the goals for their success and devising a plan to get there.

                      The good news is still that the Internet offers massive opportunities to those willing to be creative and apply themselves, and this forum is one of the best resources an Internet Marketer can have to get all of the foundational knowledge that most businesses would need.

                      Regards,

                      Andy
                      Signature

                      nothing to see here.

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[73345].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author rperales
                        Personally...

                        ..what happen to" If You Think You Can, you can"
                        "If You Think You can't, You Won't"?..

                        The defination of success is Process..If the process
                        we choose may require hard work or not..That's it!.

                        Should we offer trophys or something to those hard working
                        people?

                        I just gotta tell you I've been in the net about a year before
                        I became a warrior..and I just don't see any hard work at all..

                        I do when I have to double click more times than not in a day..
                        especially now that I opperate with one hand..

                        Now I use Newsletter with a monthly fee for training people how
                        to use their mind properly..I always share by funding them because
                        If I train people how to use their mind properly for a better life,
                        enough money by golly, they are going to have money and a better
                        life while training..Is there a better way?

                        I have a membership site but had to go offline..

                        I use a business feeder to fill my membership site unlimited..by using
                        a Newsletter..I only use a matrix as an example it is not MLM.

                        A full matrix of 4X5 brings a total of $6820 that only 1364 would earn but,
                        since this is not commission based it's about funding to those that are
                        learning a business way of earning money and the funds is to get them
                        started..Isn't that nice of me?..I like to brag too you know..

                        Instead, I divided those $6820 by 4 that is $1700 each but instead of
                        1364 getting funds 5472 subscribers get to be funded..

                        $600 goes to the membership site and $120 dollars goes to a weekly
                        Newsletter and plus $30 for the monthly Newsletter will continue as a
                        feeder.

                        So the membership now have 5472 membership fees that is building
                        a good $140,000 each..

                        Now we have 4 weekly of 5472 getting $1700 per week and each a $600
                        membership fee plus the monthly feeder..Remember, it is still growing I just
                        stop for a demo..

                        Now, since this is Personal Development we want to learn about other
                        people so we can have something in common so we start another Newsletter
                        about Weigth loss and we go to the same process the defination of success
                        Are you adding this up?.. or did I loose you?

                        Then Dog Lovers, Cat Lovers Say about 20 Newsletters..are you starting to
                        see how this process works?..

                        My take of only 20% was 340 million and the average $140,00 per month..

                        Mind you that the millions goes to my system which divides $3000 to families
                        that are trying to get ahead with educating themselves..I'm doing it for life
                        you understand because LIFE is the BIG Boss and by helping people open up
                        their minds also helps Life!..meaning becoming creative and create more
                        experiences for life..

                        It;s not about us believe me it's about Life and we are Life!

                        Of course you understand that I did not revealed how my system mulitplies
                        sales and they are thousand more sales than subscribers the key for everybody
                        earns or get funded..

                        Shocking huh? haha

                        rey
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[73899].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Kim Standerline
                Originally Posted by AndrewCavanagh View Post


                I would be careful not to undervalue the process of preparation though.

                Kindest regards,
                Andrew Cavanagh
                Very true

                My favorite mantra is "Fail to prepare, prepare to fail"

                My personal opinion is many people come into IM when they are either panicking because they have financial problems, and need to make it quick. Which is a disaster waiting to happen because they just can't concentrate and maybe don't have the time to undergo whatever learning curve there is.

                Or (like me when I first stared online), they have the attention span of a gnat, and hop from one shiny thing to another. e.g buying the latest must have tool etc.

                Only when I stopped doing the latter that I truly started to see my business grow.

                Kim
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72689].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author David_Thompson
              Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

              No! It doesn't have to be hard. But it does require some effort. Mostly, it requires using your brain and planning for success!
              Kevin, you're so right mate...it does require
              a lot of brain power...

              Run your own business can be a lot of fun
              but it comes down to planning and getting
              organize...

              --David
              Signature
              JV partnership wanted, Lets grow your list for free. Nothing to do with giveaways. PM Now
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72819].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author adiarycapt
              Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

              No! It doesn't have to be hard. But it does require some effort. Mostly, it requires using your brain and planning for success!
              Hi,
              Making money online can be hard or simple depending on the level of information available to you. While some will be making fortunes online, sadly some will be biting their fingers in regret.

              The difference in success is directly proportional to the amount of relevant information available to you. For example, if you intend becoming an affiliate marketer, you'll need information on who are your customers and how to advertise your site before them. The more knowledgeable you are on how to achieve this, the faster your success.

              In summary, if you desire success in your online business, invest a good proportion of your time to educate yourself on the RELEVANT facts about the business.

              Remember, YOU CANNOT RISE ABOVE THE LEVEL OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO YOU.

              Yours successfully,
              Captain Adiari.
              Signature
              www.OnlineGain.net - Proven Home Business and Work from Home Business Ideas and Opportunities
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[74028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Amy Bass
    Andy,
    I agree, it does not have to be hard. You just have to make sure you choose a dependable business model and stick with it. It turns into a long hard struggle if you keep bouncing around from model to model not know what sort of business you are in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72446].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Amy - That's a great picture you have for your avatar. It made me smile when I saw it.
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72456].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jhongren
        Hi,

        Internet nowadays offer more tools than ever before. And doing an online business with a fun mastermind team can be enjoyable too.

        I must say what is important is the action and making them consistently.

        What I think is hard is fighting their inner demons such as procrastination and making the effort to be consistent in their actions.

        Cheers,
        John
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72463].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author louiefrias
          Andy,

          I LOVE thought provoking posts. Thanks.

          ANYTHING is hard if you have no guidance. It's like having blinders on in a dark room. No fun.

          This forum is definetly the place where the light switch is. BUT, the problem is still that you have to search for it.

          If one closes their mouth and opens their ears, they'll be handsomely rewarded because there are a LOT of giving people inthis plcae. This "Xanadu". (Always wanted to use that word in a sentence.)

          Anyway, the live teleseminars we're hiolding are hitting it out of the park. I was just hoping for singles and doubles but the guests we're talking to aren't holding back!

          Get on board at: www.8WeeksAway.com

          You can also pull down the last two and see if they are helpful by finding the threads: "The WalMart Interview" and 'The Reed Floren Interview".

          Keep learning everyone.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[73986].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NMP
      Hi

      I truly believe way too many advertise and promote Internet
      Marketing related products to a very limited group. And if you
      lack of knowledge competition will beat you.

      It's like all promoting the latest site/product that just got
      advertised on every list and ezine available. Is like being
      a bird chasing lions. You may have a little advantage (You
      can fly) but lions always win over time

      Instead find what you are good at and promote it. Is hard
      enough to get right traffic. Build sites. Handle optins. And
      all the stuff related to sales.

      Remember even lions sleep (They do not chase every niche
      available) Start small, think big. Like a Bird. Birds may not be
      good at chasing zebras, but they can handle eating all sorts
      of seed.

      Cheers,

      Daniel
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[72469].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics