Do Super Underground Affiliates REALLY Exist?

by amuro
77 replies
I have long been asking myself this question.

Do Super Underground Affiliates REALLY Exist?

What I say Super Underground Affiliates, I mean affiliates who are making $5000 and more consistently month after month simply by promoting other people's products and without doing any of these below:

1. Creating their own product,

2. Begging for JV partners,

3. Getting affiliates to promote for them

4. Hanging out at JV parties and live networking events frequently

More importantly they don't share publicly like marketers we all know such as Mike Filsaime, Frank Kern, Jeff Walker etc.

Even if they do share, it is just with their family and close friends.

Including their boyfriend or girlfriend.

On the surface they look like you and me. Wearing Polo-or-T-shirt, jeans, cap, sunglasses and slippers or trackshoes just like what acting celebrities do what they are not acting.

Do such people really exist?
#affiliates #exist #super #underground
  • Profile picture of the author affiliaterbuzz
    I think they exist .. but am not one of them lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8528833].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 4DayWeekend
      They do, but they're less likely in the make money online (or related niches).

      The general sequence and events you speak of are quite unique to the make money online niche, and yes, in this niche most of the top affiliates are fellow product creators. That's why most of the names you see on 'jv leaderboards' are recognisable.

      That's not to say there aren't any underground guys working in MMO though. I'm sure there are.

      However it is other niches where most of the underground affiliates will operate. There are webmasters and marketers in other niches (lets say wight loss, pregnancy, penis enlargement) who are making a killing as affiliates with blogs and authority websites. Could you name a top affiliate in dog training? Probably not.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8528858].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        There are huge numbers of affiliates earning $5,000+ per month from ClickBank alone, without doing any of the things you mentioned in the OP (those things are mostly activities of people in IM/MMO niches). $5,000 per month hardly qualifies anyone to be referred to as a "super-affiliate". In many countries, that's not very much more than just "earning a living".

        When you say "underground", I think you probably just mean that "most people haven't heard of them"? But if they're not in IM/MMO niches, why would anyone have heard of them? There are 398 other niches from which people can make their full-time livings as affiliate marketers, you know?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8528914].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author amuro
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          There are huge numbers of affiliates earning $5,000+ per month from ClickBank alone, without doing any of the things you mentioned in the OP (those things are mostly activities of people in IM/MMO niches). $5,000 per month hardly qualifies anyone to be referred to as a "super-affiliate". In many countries, that's not very much more than just "earning a living".

          When you say "underground", I think you probably just mean that "most people haven't heard of them"? But if they're not in IM/MMO niches, why would anyone have heard of them? There are 398 other niches from which people can make their full-time livings as affiliate marketers, you know?
          $5000 is just a rough figure I quoted.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8528939].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jan roos
        Originally Posted by 4DayWeekend View Post

        They do, but they're less likely in the make money online (or related niches).

        The general sequence and events you speak of are quite unique to the make money online niche, and yes, in this niche most of the top affiliates are fellow product creators. That's why most of the names you see on 'jv leaderboards' are recognisable.

        That's not to say there aren't any underground guys working in MMO though. I'm sure there are.

        However it is other niches where most of the underground affiliates will operate. There are webmasters and marketers in other niches (lets say wight loss, pregnancy, penis enlargement) who are making a killing as affiliates with blogs and authority websites. Could you name a top affiliate in dog training? Probably not.
        Frank Kern mad a million in the dog training niche before he started working the Im niche.
        Signature

        I'll teach you how to make money like a Mamba.

        Sign up for the free money mambas newsletter!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529998].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Lynn Terry
          Originally Posted by jan roos View Post

          Frank Kern mad a million in the dog training niche before he started working the Im niche.
          I'm not 100% clear on Frank's history or success in that niche. He had some issues with the FTC right? Or that was in the MMO space, perhaps...
          Signature
          Lynn Terry
          ClickNewz.com
          Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530008].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jan roos
            Originally Posted by Lynn Terry View Post

            I'm not 100% clear on Frank's history or success in that niche. He had some issues with the FTC right? Or that was in the MMO space, perhaps...
            He did a million in the dog training niche but not as an affiliate, he created his own product. The ftc thing I think was MMO related.
            Signature

            I'll teach you how to make money like a Mamba.

            Sign up for the free money mambas newsletter!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530060].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
          Originally Posted by jan roos View Post

          Frank Kern mad a million in the dog training niche before he started working the Im niche.
          No, he didn't.

          He has since had it removed, but there was a video on YouTube recorded at an Ed Dale seminar in Australia in 2004 called Underachiever Weekend where Kern states that he struggled to make money online until he launched Instant Internet Empires (his first course and the one the FTC fined him over).

          The dog training stuff didn't show up on the radar until after he started selling MMO materials. If it existed prior to that, by Kern's own early words it didn't make any money. Plus his hair is long blond in the dog training materials I've seen. If it came out prior to MMO it should be short brown. I think he released the stuff and then claimed (or people claimed for him, actually) that it had always been there and made him huge money before getting into MMO.

          Once you reach the level of big MMO guru, people start questioning your history. So Kern needed to create a history because going from taking real estate agent classes to selling MMO isn't very compelling. Oh, but if he made $1 Million selling dog training, well that's really something.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530304].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
            Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

            No, he didn't.

            He has since had it removed, but there was a video on YouTube recorded at an Ed Dale seminar in Australia in 2004 called Underachiever Weekend where Kern states that he struggled to make money online until he launched Instant Internet Empires (his first course and the one the FTC fined him over).

            The dog training stuff didn't show up on the radar until after he started selling MMO materials. If it existed prior to that, by Kern's own early words it didn't make any money. Plus his hair is long blond in the dog training materials I've seen. If it came out prior to MMO it should be short brown. I think he released the stuff and then claimed (or people claimed for him, actually) that it had always been there and made him huge money before getting into MMO.

            Once you reach the level of big MMO guru, people start questioning your history. So Kern needed to create a history because going from taking real estate agent classes to selling MMO isn't very compelling. Oh, but if he made $1 Million selling dog training, well that's really something.
            Did he even claim he made $1 million in dog training?

            I've heard various different things about this.

            1) I heard he had his own electric fence business. Where he actually worked installing electric fences and that business failed miserably.

            2) I heard OTHER people say he made money with dog training books, and I saw links to the websites where he used some female as his pen name. But I don't remember HIM ever saying specifically, that he made a million selling those books.

            So I was under the impression that he didn't make anything in the dog niche and never claimed to either (I could be wrong).

            -RS
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530445].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
              Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

              Did he even claim he made $1 million in dog training?
              No, definitely not. Other people make these statements about the big gurus and then it spreads like wildfire.

              The question is, who is really behind the tipping of that first domino?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530502].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author John Atkins
              Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

              Did he even claim he made $1 million in dog training?

              I've heard various different things about this.

              1) I heard he had his own electric fence business. Where he actually worked installing electric fences and that business failed miserably.

              2) I heard OTHER people say he made money with dog training books, and I saw links to the websites where he used some female as his pen name. But I don't remember HIM ever saying specifically, that he made a million selling those books.

              So I was under the impression that he didn't make anything in the dog niche and never claimed to either (I could be wrong).

              -RS

              I don't know anything about that stuff but I did watch him say, in a video, that he had an online business about "teaching parrots how to talk".
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mohsinmallik
    Too good to believe. These kind of hypes are very popular throughout the web.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8528840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    They do exist.

    But eventually, most of them will expand their horizons by creating products and sharing what they have learned with others.

    Just last week, I met a guy who would have matched your full description two weeks ago, but the description no longer applies now that he has released a product and shared his knowledge with those who might be interested in what he has to share.

    As far as those folks who dress the way you described, I take it you have never been to a networking event yourself?
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8528841].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author amuro
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      They do exist.

      But eventually, most of them will expand their horizons by creating products and sharing what they have learned with others.

      Just last week, I met a guy who would have matched your full description two weeks ago, but the description no longer applies now that he has released a product and shared his knowledge with those who might be interested in what he has to share.

      As far as those folks who dress the way you described, I take it you have never been to a networking event yourself?


      I do.

      That was Global Internet Seminar by Success Resources in 2009 and 2010.

      However back then, I was still new to internet marketing.


      Now I learn the hard way that in order to really benefit, you don't just network but invest in one of those coaching courses which costs around $3-5K.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8531851].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
        Originally Posted by amuro View Post

        Now I learn the hard way that in order to really benefit, you don't just network but invest in one of those coaching courses which costs around $3-5K.[/SIZE][/FONT]
        I didn't buy any fancy $3K-5k (or at any price) coaching courses to get to super affiliate status.

        And I didn't network either.

        You just have to get in the trenches, pay attention to whats going on around you, stop buying every product the Gurus are launching, and work your ass off.

        It's not as hard as you are making it out to be.

        Especially if you want to get to $5K per month. And even though you won't be a super affiliate at that level - who cares. Be excited that if you were able to make $5K in a month, that you can make $10K in a month. And so on and so forth
        Signature

        "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

        Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8532468].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TheFury
          Do you share your niche or is it broad?

          Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

          I didn't buy any fancy $3K-5k (or at any price) coaching courses to get to super affiliate status.

          And I didn't network either.

          You just have to get in the trenches, pay attention to whats going on around you, stop buying every product the Gurus are launching, and work your ass off.

          It's not as hard as you are making it out to be.

          Especially if you want to get to $5K per month. And even though you won't be a super affiliate at that level - who cares. Be excited that if you were able to make $5K in a month, that you can make $10K in a month. And so on and so forth
          Signature
          http://www.joshsway.com -- feedback appreciated.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8532852].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
            Originally Posted by TheFury View Post

            Do you share your niche or is it broad?
            I market in several niches. Here's a list:

            1. __________
            2. __________
            3. __________
            4. __________
            Signature

            "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

            Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J50
    Most super affiliates aren't individuals at all, most of them are companies. Just take millionaire Mark Pearson for example behind Markco Media Ltd. He has an army of employees and maybe even outside stake holders building up his affiliate empire.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8528967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mandos123
    There might be few of them.
    Signature

    None

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joelraitt
    Guys, there are lots of these 'Super Affiliates'. I know guys making $5k a day with affiliate offers or their own products (not the IM niche).

    Most of the guys selling IM stuff don't really know what they are doing in real IM, or they did know and they sell you their old secrets that worked for them but don't anymore.

    There are exceptions of course...
    Signature

    Work smart, work hard, never give up. Learn with me here: http://www.joelraitt.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Atkins
    They do exist. There are affiliates who make much, much more than that with PPC marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lynn Terry
    There are A LOT of them outside the IM space!

    And some you know... that work in other niches under pseudonyms.

    They have no reason to share what's working for them or how much they're earning.
    Signature
    Lynn Terry
    ClickNewz.com
    Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dropout
    Yes they do but to catch them you must use the Master Ball as they easily dodge normal Pok├ęballs.
    Signature

    I mentor in CPA marketing, especially lead generation. PM me for info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529550].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LeedHub
      That's me! I love my flip flops & shorts!
      Signature
      LeedHub.com - Affiliate Marketing for Local Businesses - Pay Per Call & Pay Per Lead - Post Leads To Us!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529597].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by amuro View Post

    I have long been asking myself this question.

    Do Super Underground Affiliates REALLY Exist?

    What I say Super Underground Affiliates, I mean affiliates who are making $5000 and more consistently month after month simply by promoting other people's products and without doing any of these below:

    1. Creating their own product,

    2. Begging for JV partners,

    3. Getting affiliates to promote for them

    4. Hanging out at JV parties and live networking events frequently

    More importantly they don't share publicly like marketers we all know such as Mike Filsaime, Frank Kern, Jeff Walker etc.

    Even if they do share, it is just with their family and close friends.

    Including their boyfriend or girlfriend.

    On the surface they look like you and me. Wearing Polo-or-T-shirt, jeans, cap, sunglasses and slippers or trackshoes just like what acting celebrities do what they are not acting.

    Do such people really exist?
    Yes, there are plenty of these. I belong to one particular mastermind where none of the members have one single product in the MMO (Make Money Online) market. And all of them make a lot more than 5k per month (income has to be verified).

    There are more underground super affiliates than there are ones that are publicy known for two main reasons:

    * Most them have no interest in getting into the MMO market.

    * These entrepeneurs have found a way of making money and focus their energies on growing and/or maintaining their business(es). They like to keep a low profile and focus more on lifestyle.

    There was a time when I attended a lot of seminars and I used to meet plenty of entrepreneurs who were doing very well and I would have probably never heard of them if I had not met them there.

    So yes, they really do exist, it's just that most of them don't hang around IM forums (yes, I just wrote that) or they belong to private ones where it's easier to mastermind with more like-minded peole of equal or greater experience.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529635].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brentb
      Yes, they do exist.

      Dropping Knowledge...

      Making $5000 a month is not what makes one a "Super Affiliate". This is a real term that means the Affiliate's business is larger or more important than the Advertiser's business.

      Example: Super affiliate sends 100k in revenue to Advertiser per month. Advertiser is only doing 105k in revenue per month (5k is coming from elsewhere).

      This is a super affiliate because he is literally making or breaking that advertiser at his whim. He could easily jump ship and push his volume somewhere else or bully the advertiser into giving him a payout higher than the advertiser wants because the advertiser can't risk losing the affiliate. So the affiliates position is Superior or "Super" to the advertiser because its normally the advertiser who sets the tone in the relationship.

      So you could be a Super affiliate profiting $5,000 a month (I would assume you are doing like $25,000 in volume or something like that) so small advertisers could rely on you heavily. But if you are doing that for a normal sized or big company, they probably have 50 of you as well as internal traffic that will blow you away.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ConnerHogan
    They do. And they are very smart.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529667].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SmoothMineral
    Personally I wouldn't call an affiliate making < $200 a day "super" and I wouldn't call them "underground" just because they don't participate in the MMO world.

    But I definitely understand what you mean, successful affiliates exist and I would even venture to say that people like them make up the majority at certain IM functions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529754].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brentb
      Originally Posted by SmoothMineral View Post

      ...I wouldn't call them "underground" just because they don't participate in the MMO world.
      Exactly...

      Many people on here are confused, an info product on Dating and an info product on MMO are considered "info products". 95% of traffic out there is not for info products. Most absolutely HUGE affiliates are doing lead generation for big ticket items like insurance, medical, real estate, etc or are selling physical products or services.

      There are definitely big Bizop guys for sure but in the whole scheme of affiliate marketing, most would not be on WF since they are not pushing info products or bizop.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrgoe
    I don`t personally know any, but I did hear that they exist, of course
    Signature
    Want To Rank on The First Page of Google? Try This:
    - Strong Authority Articles on PBNope.Com and
    - SEO Diversification Package From Rankcol.Com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    I know a few affilites that do a few hundred thousand a month without doing those things, and if I told you who they were theres a good chance you've never heard of them
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
    I wouldn't call $50,000 per year a super affiliate. They would definitely be considered a highly valued affiliate to one individual program, but few people work with just one exclusively. In today's environment I would put the super affiliate label on someone working mostly alone that is profiting $250,000/yr.

    But we've really seen a shift where the super affiliate in a traditional sense is now the "super affiliate account" with a multi-person effort behind it.


    Originally Posted by amuro View Post

    without doing any of these below:

    1. Creating their own product,

    2. Begging for JV partners,

    3. Getting affiliates to promote for them

    4. Hanging out at JV parties and live networking events frequently
    This stuff is outside of the scope of affiliate marketing besides #4, which is optional.

    edit: You can of course do all of that and supplement earnings with affiliate activity connected to it, so in that sense it isn't outside of the scope.

    Originally Posted by amuro View Post

    More importantly they don't share publicly like marketers we all know such as Mike Filsaime, Frank Kern, Jeff Walker etc.
    Technically those guys aren't marketers. They are academics in the field of marketing that may or may not have bona fide professional experience. They obviously have to market themselves, but so do lawyers, mechanics and landscapers and we don't refer to them as marketers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Path Theory
    Our top affiliates usually get paid $60,000 every three days.

    These are individual people, not big businesses. Most of our sales come from them, through facebook.
    Signature

    Dental Floss Tycoon

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lynn Terry
    The actual definition of a Super Affiliate are those people in the top earning tier of any given affiliate program. It's the top percent that are making the majority of the commissions. Those are the Super Affiliates. And they're the ones getting incentives, commission raises, winning contests, showing up on leaderboards (yes, they have those outside of IM).
    Signature
    Lynn Terry
    ClickNewz.com
    Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
      Originally Posted by Lynn Terry View Post

      The actual definition of a Super Affiliate are those people in the top earning tier of any given affiliate program. It's the top percent that are making the majority of the commissions. Those are the Super Affiliates. And they're the ones getting incentives, commission raises, winning contests, showing up on leaderboards (yes, they have those outside of IM).
      +1 for the technical definition of "super affiliate."

      So really anyone can be a super affiliate if you find an affiliate program small enough. :p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lynn Terry
    LOL I suppose so...

    But the title doesn't matter near as much as the income to most (real) Super Affiliates... ;-)

    I'm actually well known as a Super Affiliate thanks to various leaderboards, and I will say that it does bring you in some nice opps. People notice, and want to work with you. So there are a lot of perks to climbing up to that top tier!
    Signature
    Lynn Terry
    ClickNewz.com
    Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lynn Terry
    You're right - it was the Underachiever method, hey? Not affiliate.
    Signature
    Lynn Terry
    ClickNewz.com
    Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxjpip
    I know they exist, I know some of them, and I am not one of them...

    On my way to be one of them
    Signature

    #
    #
    # Product + System + Traffic = ??
    #
    #

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BlvdJeremy
    Yeah, they do exist. I have known of many affiliates who have banked HUGE amounts that rarely make it known.
    Signature

    Jeremy H
    Account Manager
    Blvd-Media Group

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    Underground Super Affiliates as you put it are making much more than $5K per month.

    The real hard core super duper affiliates are making that per day.

    I'm moving in that direction (towards $5K per day), but I do fit in the category as you described it, and much more than $5K per month.

    Most of the money I make is outside the IM niche
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530535].message }}
  • That is some great info. Thanks for everything!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ben Gordon
    I would certainly not consider someone earning $5k/mo a "super affiliate". There are a bunch of affiliates that are making $5k consistently online. There are true "underground super affiliates" that are cranking in over $100k each and every month--I know a few personally.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheFury
    $5000/month is not that much. I personally know people with top selling clickbank products who have told me many of their affiliates make a living pretty much exclusively selling even just the one product.
    Signature
    http://www.joshsway.com -- feedback appreciated.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Prayer Warrior
    Hi Amuro,

    Yes, those types exist, but hardly ever in the make money online (MMO) niche. That's because their is so much more opportunities within the MMO niche to make money that if an individual chose to remain doing what you are suggesting, they would be leaving tons of money on the table. Those types are usually persons who are making money off their passion e.g golf, cooking, etc. It usually is not all about the money. I am aware of a few of these types right here on the forum.

    I hope this helps,
    Ryan.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530692].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
      Originally Posted by Prayer Warrior View Post

      Hi Amuro,

      Yes, those types exist, but hardly ever in the make money online (MMO) niche. That's because their is so much more opportunities within the MMO niche to make money that if an individual chose to remain doing what you are suggesting, they would be leaving tons of money on the table. Those types are usually persons who are making money off their passion e.g golf, cooking, etc. It usually is not all about the money. I am aware of a few of these types right here on the forum.

      I hope this helps,
      Ryan.
      Some affiliates, even in the MMO space, don't want customers and everything that comes with it.

      They would rather send the vendor the customer, get their cut and call it a day.

      Myself included
      Signature

      "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

      Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530700].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rdot
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530737].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530745].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rdot
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author frank-germany
    $5,000 ?
    as James Brausch said:

    I really can't afford to earn $5,000 / month

    Frank
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesBorg
    I was one, but then I moved on to become one of the 36 hidden masters who rule the world -- which reminds me, I have a banquet to attend tonight in Shambhala.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8531112].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
      Originally Posted by JamesBorg View Post

      I was one, but then I moved on to become one of the 36 hidden masters who rule the world -- which reminds me, I have a banquet to attend tonight in Shambhala.
      See you there
      Signature

      "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

      Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8531223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Foster
    The first rule of Fight Club...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8531228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    They do, I have friends that make in excess of 100,000 a year.
    But these so called super affiliates don't let you know the fine print.

    There are some affiliate platforms you can earn good money.
    I have a mastermind group in the DFW area and a few are amazon,
    They can boast really great gross earnings.
    When question on traffic there faces change.

    It costs alot of money for these top affiliates to run traffic to there sites to get these grosses for the year.

    Think about it, You make 4 to 8.5 percent a year, what do you think your advertising budget will be, if your really good hopefully under that. Not by much though, traffic is expensive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8531233].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
      Originally Posted by hustlinsmoke View Post

      They do, I have friends that make in excess of 100,000 a year.
      But these so called super affiliates don't let you know the fine print.

      There are some affiliate platforms you can earn good money.
      I have a mastermind group in the DFW area and a few are amazon,
      They can boast really great gross earnings.
      When question on traffic there faces change.

      It costs alot of money for these top affiliates to run traffic to there sites to get these grosses for the year.

      Think about it, You make 4 to 8.5 percent a year, what do you think your advertising budget will be, if your really good hopefully under that. Not by much though, traffic is expensive.
      Amazon is cool and easy sales can be had, but you have to sell a bajillion dollars worth of stuff to make anything substantial.

      I focus on stuff that pays at least 50%.

      And yeah I spend money on traffic, but I'm averaging close to $4 in revenue for every $1 I spend (or more), so the only way my face changes when I'm asked is from a grin to a shit eating grin
      Signature

      "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

      Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8531272].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
        See peeps that is how you do it.
        I will give you an example again. Stay away from Amazon
        Sign up with a lifetime residual product and sites like avangate, jvzoo ect.

        Your advertising dollars will be less and you will be paid more. I never go below 50 percent either.
        Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

        Amazon is cool and easy sales can be had, but you have to sell a bajillion dollars worth of stuff to make anything substantial.

        I focus on stuff that pays at least 50%.

        And yeah I spend money on traffic, but I'm averaging close to $4 in revenue for every $1 I spend (or more), so the only way my face changes when I'm asked is from a grin to a shit eating grin
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8531541].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by hustlinsmoke View Post


      Think about it, You make 4 to 8.5 percent a year, what do you think your advertising budget will be, if your really good hopefully under that. Not by much though, traffic is expensive.
      dunno where you are getting them numbers. Maybe pulling them out of thin air.

      These guys do exists, and they do have real numbers. They know precisely what their conversion rates are on everything...and no these guys are not spending small money for their profits. I know a warrior spending about $1000 a day on traffic, in a well known niche, but he makes alot more than that profit.

      You will want to be very strict with numbers and ROI if you do get good at this, you cant just take wild stabs in the dark.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8572619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amuro
    Off topic.

    Do all or most of you go on holidays or vacations?

    Instead of digital and physical products that all marketers know of, have you ever thought of promoting holidays and vacations as an affiliate?

    Discounted flight tickets, holiday resorts/hotels and spas, fine dining and recreation all in one single package or even yearly membership for entire year discounts.

    Can be for individuals, couples or families.

    Got this idea when doing Google research and the demand is pretty high.

    Before internet, there used to be this thing called timeshare which most people are pissed off due to scams and being pushed to make decisions quickly.

    But now with internet, it could be different though I might be wrong.

    Does anyone have great affiliate programs or network to recommend on holidays or vacations?

    I suspect this could be another source where super underground affiliates make money from.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8531780].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ali Chowdhry
      Originally Posted by amuro View Post

      Off topic.

      Do all or most of you go on holidays or vacations?

      Instead of digital and physical products that all marketers know of, have you ever thought of promoting holidays and vacations as an affiliate?

      Discounted flight tickets, holiday resorts/hotels and spas, fine dining and recreation all in one single package or even yearly membership for entire year discounts.

      Can be for individuals, couples or families.

      Got this idea when doing Google research and the demand is pretty high.

      Before internet, there used to be this thing called timeshare which most people are pissed off due to scams and being pushed to make decisions quickly.

      But now with internet, it could be different though I might be wrong.

      Does anyone have great affiliate programs or network to recommend on holidays or vacations?

      I suspect this could be another source where super underground affiliates make money from.


      That's a good question.

      There's a strategy you can do that, go to various resorts or holiday destinations - well contact them as travelling bills may add up

      Holiday Resorts and holiday hotels need customers. Now resorts clearly need customers, So you can setup joint venture with these type of businesses - You essentially receive a commission per customer who books in to the resort/hotel.

      You can go to discount websites, like groupon and sell the holiday packages, and this site is just one of many, imagine all that free traffic looking at deals of holiday destinations/resorts etc.

      You have the potential of high end commissions.

      That's a juicy method right there, hope you enjoy it

      Regards

      Ali Chowdhry
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8574199].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Darrin Bentley
        Super Affiliates= $5k per month??.....was that a typo? Did you mean $50k? Because $60k annually is NOT my idea of a Super ANYTHING.
        Signature

        A sucker MAY be born every minute, but that don't mean you have to take advantage of them.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8574237].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Darrin Bentley View Post

          Super Affiliates= $5k per month??.....was that a typo? Did you mean $50k? Because $60k annually is NOT my idea of a Super ANYTHING.
          I'm with you, but bear in mind that it's a global market, and there are countries (with plenty of affiliate marketers!) where a day's average pay is about $5. In those countries, an income of $5,000 per month must seem almost like what to you and me would be "being a millionaire".
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8575436].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ozmagic
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            I'm with you, but bear in mind that it's a global market, and there are countries (with plenty of affiliate marketers!) where a day's average pay is about $5. In those countries, an income of $5,000 per month must seem almost like what to you and me would be "being a millionaire".
            Here in Brazil the average mensal income is around US $500,00
            so with $5,000 month you would be among the 1% richest.

            I'm close to it. Although it is a good income, i'm not earning it stably. cuz of:
            (black hat and free traffic methods)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8575728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BloggerDeen
    I do know a guy who is making serious money probably $20,000+. It was quite hard for me to believe too. And he made fun of warriors all the time, although I don't like that but at his position I do understand his point of view. Here when people are releasing secret panda/penguin services...blah blah blah.. the guys is consistently making thousands of dollars every freaking single day despite of constant Google updates. And just to be clear he only focus on seo no paid ads or anything, just his network of websites and his seo strategies. Most important thing to learn from him: just do things yourself and see what works instead of listening to others.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8532147].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lynn Terry
    I agree - no high end coaching program for me either. Of course, I started long before those started hitting the scene. And I don't do paid traffic either - all organic marketing (social/search) so very low overhead.
    Signature
    Lynn Terry
    ClickNewz.com
    Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8532606].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
      Originally Posted by Lynn Terry View Post

      And I don't do paid traffic either - all organic marketing (social/search) so very low overhead.
      You should start doing paid traffic.

      Think about how much money you're not making because you don't spend money on paid traffic.

      You can easily double your business (or more) with paid traffic.
      Signature

      "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

      Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533436].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lynn Terry
        Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

        You should start doing paid traffic.

        Think about how much money you're not making because you don't spend money on paid traffic.

        You can easily double your business (or more) with paid traffic.
        I have in the past and I do/will when I see fit. I find it requires a lot more maintenance than I prefer. Especially upfront in the setup & tracking/testing phase. Almost addictive even! I like my more passive revenue sources. Especially over the last year while I was sick, having surgery, and going through a horrific recovery.

        At the moment I'm not looking for more hours -or- doubling my income. I'm quite enjoying the freedom & flexibility of my (somewhat aggressive) organic marketing strategy. It's fun and easy!

        I don't disagree with you btw. I've done it enough in the past to know what kind of results to expect - AND know what kind of investment to expect (more about time than money).
        Signature
        Lynn Terry
        ClickNewz.com
        Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533451].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
          Originally Posted by Lynn Terry View Post

          I have in the past and I do/will when I see fit. I find it requires a lot more maintenance than I prefer. Especially upfront in the setup & tracking/testing phase. Almost addictive even! I like my more passive revenue sources. Especially over the last year while I was sick, having surgery, and going through a horrific recovery.

          At the moment I'm not looking for more hours -or- doubling my income. I'm quite enjoying the freedom & flexibility of my (somewhat aggressive) organic marketing strategy. It's fun and easy!

          I don't disagree with you btw. I've done it enough in the past to know what kind of results to expect - AND know what kind of investment to expect (more about time than money).
          I hear you.

          I've gotten my paid traffic to the point that i don't spend more than 30-60 minutes a day on it.

          The rest is just doing math on all the sales my campaigns make me

          Glad you're better now from your surgery
          Signature

          "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

          Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533466].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Lynn Terry
            Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

            I hear you.

            I've gotten my paid traffic to the point that i don't spend more than 30-60 minutes a day on it.

            The rest is just doing math on all the sales my campaigns make me

            Glad you're better now from your surgery
            Thank you, it was a long haul. :p Grateful for passive income!

            I had mine down to easy management too, but it takes quite a bit of time upfront to tweak them to running that smooth. Great results, just not interested in investing the time atm. Especially over the summer - I'd rather be out on the water ski! If I needed a serious income boost, something I'd obviously consider.
            Signature
            Lynn Terry
            ClickNewz.com
            Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Dinero
    Of course they exist and are real, I know several... I hope to get to that level someday too
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mtihani
    Definitely exist.

    These are people who are amazing PPC marketers. But we never hear about them. Unless they flaunt their earning via WSO's.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brentb
    I would say the general rule is the more someone is a Super Affiliate, the less time they spend on open forums. When they come on they spend it PMing people about business.

    But there is a tip, if you aren't PMing people regularly to work with, you are missing out. I do quite a bit of business on here, or I probably wouldn't be on here too much.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8572929].message }}
  • They're bound to exist, but if they're going to expand and to make more money, eventually after being "underground" they will come out, showing off their own products and their techniques which will earn them a killing.
    Signature
    >> Click Here <<
    ...to See How I Make Over $2,300 Per Day With Just 20 Minutes Work
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8573347].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by LloydProsperityTeam View Post

      if they're going to expand and to make more money, eventually after being "underground" they will come out, showing off their own products and their techniques
      You're thinking of the few involved with IM-related niches, presumably, and ignoring all the other 398-ish niches in which affiliate marketers can become so successful?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8573363].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cason
    Of course they do lol. I know a few banking $1k+++/day only sending traffic to offers
    Signature
    |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8573364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jordan Hunter
    Banned
    Of course they're out there, some stay underground in an attempt to keep their methods to themselves but I would say that the majority venture into different aspects of IM at some point. I like to imagine them being like any John or Jane out there but if they stay underground I suppose we'll never know what they look like.

    If a tree falls in the forest when no ones around does it make a sound?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8573446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Deegan
    Yes, I know and have known a few. However most “underground” super affiliates I’ve known generated more along the lines of 4-5 figures per day not per month. A few interesting things I find they have in common…

    They are or become tech savvy. This means they code themselves, learn to code or outsource coding (mostly php).

    Testing, tracking and optimizing conversions is something they obsesses over and enjoy.

    90% of them only use paid traffic. Those that used free traffic had hundreds of sites (basically a network) they have been building for years they use to funnel, test, etc.

    For better or worse, the way they view the business model, customers, etc. It’s all a number game and they don’t really view the buyers as customers. Customers are leads and commissions and offers are revenue. The details of both are just that, details. They’re pretty much large scale traffic brokers and view the business as such.

    Quite a few of them have been from Canada and most of them are/were young.

    Much love,
    D.
    Signature

    ****************************************
    Spy & Track Winning Facebook Ads

    Spy & Track
    Winning Google Content Network Ads
    Spy & Track Winning Bing & Google PPC Search Ads
    â„¢ACP - Click Here For Details
    ****************************************

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8574322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author keith88
    Originally Posted by amuro View Post

    I have long been asking myself this question.

    Do Super Underground Affiliates REALLY Exist?

    What I say Super Underground Affiliates, I mean affiliates who are making $5000 and more consistently month after month simply by promoting other people's products and without doing any of these below:

    1. Creating their own product,

    2. Begging for JV partners,

    3. Getting affiliates to promote for them

    4. Hanging out at JV parties and live networking events frequently

    More importantly they don't share publicly like marketers we all know such as Mike Filsaime, Frank Kern, Jeff Walker etc.

    Even if they do share, it is just with their family and close friends.

    Including their boyfriend or girlfriend.

    On the surface they look like you and me. Wearing Polo-or-T-shirt, jeans, cap, sunglasses and slippers or trackshoes just like what acting celebrities do what they are not acting.

    Do such people really exist?
    Of course they exist but being that you ask that question. They are doing a hell of a job keeping it under wraps lol.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8574340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ryan David
    Super affiliate seems kinda like a phrase that should've died in 2005.

    Besides, better to be a super business owner than a super affiliate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8574383].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brentb
      Originally Posted by Ryan David View Post

      Super affiliate seems kinda like a phrase that should've died in 2005.

      Besides, better to be a super business owner than a super affiliate.
      Better to be a super business owner and also be your own super affiliate. If you run an offer, its almost pitiful if you can't run your own traffic better than 99% of your affiliates since you "get the highest payout" and they have a cut taken out of theirs (ie their profit).

      Super affiliates are extremely powerful, its definitely not a bad position to be in at all. And some super affiliates make more than the program owners on that same offer, just FYI.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8574613].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ryan David
        Originally Posted by brentb View Post

        Better to be a super business owner and also be your own super affiliate. If you run an offer, its almost pitiful if you can't run your own traffic better than 99% of your affiliates since you "get the highest payout" and they have a cut taken out of theirs (ie their profit).

        Super affiliates are extremely powerful, its definitely not a bad position to be in at all. And some super affiliates make more than the program owners on that same offer, just FYI.
        I'd rather be the product owner.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8575765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J50
    All an affiliate means is that you're a freelance salesmen, and I wouldn't call you a super salesmen unless you're taking home at least $1m a year. But that's just my personal opinion on the matter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8575882].message }}

Trending Topics