How To Deal With Plaguerizers, Cloners, Scammers

28 replies
Imagine spending a decade of your life researching a topic.


Imagine making some unique breakthroughs.


Imagine spending another year of your life distilling all that into a course.
You launch the course. It gets great feedback.


Next thing you know it's ripped off chapter for chapter, step for step. And because these thieves lack any ethics they promote their rip offs with sensationalized claims, fake testimonials, and all the questionable marketing tricks in the book you would never use.


Next thing you know they have stolen all your affiliates because of their sensationalized marketing.


And what's worse, now others are accusing YOU of plagiarizing because their ripoff has become more well-known then YOUR original.


Happened to me.


Its too easy for someone to rip off in a week what may take you years to create. In that reality what it the incentive at all to create anything, knowing it's just going to stolen yet again?


So how do you deal with these scumbags?
#cloners #deal #plaguerizers #scammers
  • Profile picture of the author ImtheBrilliantest
    I'm sorry to hear that.

    The only thing you can do about people stealing your content (if it's not possible to get them to stop legally, if that's your thing), is to just create something so good that it'll market itself. There will always be knockoffs of your product, but you have the advantage by getting a headstart in marketing. So if you are able to make an awesome product and get the word out of how awesome it is, scammers will have a hard time replicating your success, even if they replicate your product.
    Signature
    Jobtify: We'll deliver jobs to you while you relax!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8585687].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
    I have had a few of my past projects ripped of and what not and the time I spent trying to fight it I could have created another product....

    I now dont bother.... I just use it to massage my ego and think that people want my work that much they will go to desperate lengths to get it can have it...lol

    Danny
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8585739].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author xohaibx
      If there was a solution to this, then companies like Microsoft and Adobe would be the first to jump on it Like they say, "Imitation is the best form of flattery" - so if someone's copying you, know that you're GOOD.

      Just focus on doing what you're doing and keep on improving because ultimately there will always be people ready to pay for your stuff - even if it's being cloned or plagiarized.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8585754].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mirnova
      Originally Posted by Danny Cutts View Post

      I have had a few of my past projects ripped of and what not and the time I spent trying to fight it I could have created another product....

      I now dont bother.... I just use it to massage my ego and think that people want my work that much they will go to desperate lengths to get it can have it...lol

      Danny
      What I don't think anyone gets here, is that to truly create something exceptional takes years of work.

      Yet it can be ripped of in a week.

      How the hell are we suppose to "innovate" if our innovations are simply stolen yet again. And we never see a payoff for that years of work?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8586006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author internetmarketer1
    I have had people do this to me. My first WSO, Mobile Cash Code, was rewritten and sold again as a WSO by somebody else. Somebody told me that he didn't even change the email templates and kept nearly everything the same.

    There really is nothing you can do. I didn't even bother talking to the owner. It just wasn't worth my time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8585786].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    You have to prove to the world that You are the real expert in your field and make everyone recognize your style.

    This means that you have to become known as someone who found real answers. You have to beat the competition thanks to your personality, your special knowledge, and everything else you can do to differ from the crowd and attract the public. You have to prove to all internet users that you are someone they can trust.

    Your image will protect your work, even when someone else will steal your words.


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8585801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Derek S
    One word... Innovate!

    You had the better product and it sounds like you rested on your laurels.

    Someone came up with the better marketing and now you are in a victim state of mind. "why me" "why would they do this"

    Just forget completely about what you feel their taking from you... Actually be thankful that they pushed the envelope.

    Get out of the "why me" mentality and start getting in your head "now how can I out market them?"

    Two things will happen normally happen in situations like this:

    Your business will fail and you will blame them for its demise

    OR

    This will force you to push yourself further than you have gone before and create an even better sales page... Making you a stronger marketer with an even more successful business.
    Signature

    --- Work Smart... Not Hard ---

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8585956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RedSealCanada
      Originally Posted by Derek S View Post

      One word... Innovate!

      You had the better product and it sounds like you rested on your laurels.

      Someone came up with the better marketing and now you are in a victim state of mind. "why me" "why would they do this"

      Just forget completely about what you feel their taking from you... Actually be thankful that they pushed the envelope.

      Get out of the "why me" mentality and start getting in your head "now how can I out market them?"

      Two things will happen normally happen in situations like this:

      Your business will fail and you will blame them for its demise

      OR

      This will force you to push yourself further than you have gone before and create an even better sales page... Making you a stronger marketer with an even more successful business.
      The OP is talking about intellectual property theft. It is not a matter of being a victim. It is not a matter of trying to "out market" the thief. You come across as if you see everything as fair game. Life is not really like that.
      Some people are posting that it is acceptable to steal someone's ideas and work. It is NOT. It is opening yourself up to a legal can of worms. ANYONE who has to steal an idea and content is not much of a business person. They are a bottom feeder. Just because something is on the Internet, does NOT make it yours for the taking. That is a dangerous way to think.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8585970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jwmann2
      What's helped me is having the attitude that there's plenty to go around for everyone. May not help your frustrations. Just keep doing what you're doing. If we're in this forum, chances are, we're taking others up on their ideas too. Best of luck.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8588240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedSealCanada
    Originally Posted by Mirnova View Post

    Imagine spending a decade of your life researching a topic.


    Imagine making some unique breakthroughs.


    Imagine spending another year of your life distilling all that into a course.
    You launch the course. It gets great feedback.


    Next thing you know it's ripped off chapter for chapter, step for step. And because these thieves lack any ethics they promote their rip offs with sensationalized claims, fake testimonials, and all the questionable marketing tricks in the book you would never use.


    Next thing you know they have stolen all your affiliates because of their sensationalized marketing.


    And what's worse, now others are accusing YOU of plagiarizing because their ripoff has become more well-known then YOUR original.


    Happened to me.


    Its too easy for someone to rip off in a week what may take you years to create. In that reality what it the incentive at all to create anything, knowing it's just going to stolen yet again?


    So how do you deal with these scumbags?
    It happened to me as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8585965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author keith88
    Originally Posted by Mirnova View Post

    Imagine spending a decade of your life researching a topic.


    Imagine making some unique breakthroughs.


    Imagine spending another year of your life distilling all that into a course.
    You launch the course. It gets great feedback.


    Next thing you know it's ripped off chapter for chapter, step for step. And because these thieves lack any ethics they promote their rip offs with sensationalized claims, fake testimonials, and all the questionable marketing tricks in the book you would never use.


    Next thing you know they have stolen all your affiliates because of their sensationalized marketing.


    And what's worse, now others are accusing YOU of plagiarizing because their ripoff has become more well-known then YOUR original.


    Happened to me.


    Its too easy for someone to rip off in a week what may take you years to create. In that reality what it the incentive at all to create anything, knowing it's just going to stolen yet again?


    So how do you deal with these scumbags?
    Thats part of the game man. Keep providing good products and people will start to tell who the creator is!

    Thats all apart of being that authority and leader.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8585967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Derek S
    Hey RedSeal,

    "ripped off" is a very broad term so we cannot assume that the company in question took their EXACT product and sold it as their own word for word.

    To me it sounds as if they created a similar product... There are only so many ways to do one thing and if you could copyright an idea we would be in BIG trouble.

    Unfortunately you cannot copyright ideas, only specific systems.

    Now if the OP's intellectual property was blatantly stollen thats a different story and maybe Mirnova can clear that up for us?

    Research Microsoft VS Apple and then explain to me how this makes Bill Gates "not much of a business person. They are a bottom feeder."
    Signature

    --- Work Smart... Not Hard ---

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8586005].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RedSealCanada
      Originally Posted by Derek S View Post

      Hey RedSeal,

      "ripped off" is a very broad term so we cannot assume that the company in question took their EXACT product and sold it as their own word for word.

      To me it sounds as if they created a similar product... There are only so many ways to do one thing and if you could copyright an idea we would be in BIG trouble.

      Unfortunately you cannot copyright ideas, only specific systems.

      Now if the OP's intellectual property was blatantly stollen thats a different story and maybe Mirnova can clear that up for us?

      Research Microsoft VS Apple and then explain to me how this makes Bill Gates "not much of a business person. They are a bottom feeder."
      If you cannot create your own products, <You feel the need to rip off the work of others> you are not much of a person. That is my view on people. There was an instance 1.5 years ago when another company ripped off several of the projects they knew I had. <They wanted to do a JV and they were allowed access to my research facility> A simple legal letter and the threat of being exposed caused them to cease.

      I have zero time for anyone who cannot think of something for themselves. If you feel insulted by my comments, then maybe it is time to look at yourself in the mirror and take inventory. Are you a thief of ideas or an innovator? It is that simple.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8586059].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mirnova
      Originally Posted by Derek S View Post

      Hey RedSeal,

      "ripped off" is a very broad term so we cannot assume that the company in question took their EXACT product and sold it as their own word for word.

      er."
      Yes they did. Just rephrased, sentence for sentence, paragraph for paragraph, chapter for chapter.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8590557].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mirnova
      Originally Posted by Derek S View Post

      Hey RedSeal,

      "ripped off" is a very broad term so we cannot assume that the company in question took their EXACT product and sold it as their own word for word.

      To me it sounds as if they created a similar product... There are only so many ways to do one thing and if you could copyright an idea we would be in BIG trouble.
      It was ripped off, sentence for sentence, chapter for chapter. Just paraphrased the exact same info sentence for sentence.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8593827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joseph7384
    There is certainly something rotten in Denmark if it takes you years to create a product!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8586031].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RedSealCanada
      Originally Posted by joseph7384 View Post

      There is certainly something rotten in Denmark if it takes you years to create a product!
      Not really. My latest project I started in 1994 and just this summer decided to finish it off. Maybe the OP has lots going on. For example, I write 7 books per year. They sit on my backup drive until I feel ready to market them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8586062].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mirnova
      Originally Posted by joseph7384 View Post

      There is certainly something rotten in Denmark if it takes you years to create a product!
      The creation part is the easy part. The years, and years of research and testing to come up with the breakthroughs that lead to that product is the hard part.

      Yes, anything exceptional and breakthrough will take years of research and testing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8590563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trader909
    may as well try and stop the sun rising.

    This is why in the real world they have laws and copyright/trademarks etc...but online, international borders, offshore, anonymous, etc....it's futile.

    Some people making money no matter how is all that matters. No fear of the law = mass piracy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8590619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trader909
    big difference from a $7 report to the o.p though?

    I have had a few of my past projects ripped of and what not and the time I spent trying to fight it I could have created another product....

    I now dont bother.... I just use it to massage my ego and think that people want my work that much they will go to desperate lengths to get it can have it...lol

    Danny
    think about it..this is why the whole info business doesn't work long term.

    I had many (many from here) that bought to simply clone and re-sell. Many here say "that's life (as an i.mer maybe)....I call them parasites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8590627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trader909
    lol.........unbelievable......you have never really create anything of true value have you? Spoken like the true "cloner"

    What's helped me is having the attitude that there's plenty to go around for everyone. May not help your frustrations. Just keep doing what you're doing. If we're in this forum, chances are, we're taking others up on their ideas too. Best of luck.
    i doubt even they are dumb enough to be traced or legal action taken

    Go and talk to people about copyright laws in Thailand/China etc and see the reaction.

    There is virtually no enforceable copyright law on the net. You put something unique out there...it's gone.

    Didn't expect anything less.

    Some people are posting that it is acceptable to steal someone's ideas and work
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8590636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jllagu01
    I did have that kind of problem before as somebody used my content and put it to his website. I don't like that but I told myself I should just focus on creating better contents and to build on my authority next time. Google just can't police everything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8590791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author competent123
    they are going to do it, there are always thieves/scammers/ etc there, the best thing is to join them, and use them to your advantage ( remember itunes vs music industry, ) they made their biggest for ( itunes) their biggest source of revenue.

    just apply brains. every one got the same size.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8590946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    Gotta love em scrapers. Sometimes they even copy my grammar errors. Most of them steal my pics. Oh yes, pics of me. Google often rewards them by sending em my traffic, but there we are. Key is to do something that is hard to copy. Develop a distinctive style all your very own. Remember, scrapers can copy. However, only you are you. Best of luck to you - peace.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8591729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devin X
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Mirnova View Post

    So how do you deal with these scumbags?
    Lawsuit, sue their sorry asses all the way to poverty! That's some serious intellectual property theft...not some petty plagiarism.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8593834].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Copy Warriors
    Google has forms you can use to contact them regarding these things.

    You just need to establish that you published the content first, and did not give them permission to use it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8593845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    Shotgun and shovel.
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8593848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
    Originally Posted by Mirnova View Post

    Imagine spending a decade of your life researching a topic.


    Imagine making some unique breakthroughs.


    Imagine spending another year of your life distilling all that into a course.
    You launch the course. It gets great feedback.


    Next thing you know it's ripped off chapter for chapter, step for step. And because these thieves lack any ethics they promote their rip offs with sensationalized claims, fake testimonials, and all the questionable marketing tricks in the book you would never use.


    Next thing you know they have stolen all your affiliates because of their sensationalized marketing.


    And what's worse, now others are accusing YOU of plagiarizing because their ripoff has become more well-known then YOUR original.


    Happened to me.


    Its too easy for someone to rip off in a week what may take you years to create. In that reality what it the incentive at all to create anything, knowing it's just going to stolen yet again?


    So how do you deal with these scumbags?
    A good legal team in place to protect your investments?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8593937].message }}

Trending Topics