What are the best Traffic Sources To Make Money From Affiliate Marketing?

49 replies
Hey everybody,

I currently doing a lot of marketing but I need other traffic sources that are good and can get a great ROI and CTR. I recently just found out about Super Affiliate Rockstar, and Vick Strizheus' "High Traffic Academy" and I haven't even bought it yet. I would like to know what you guys think as far as other avenues ,specific and thorough answers on different courses,services,etc.

If you know of anything else that has worked for you and what exactly did you do step by step.I'm marketing on the adcenter network because it has more traffic than google and seem to do ok but I would like to take my income to the next level.please let me know
#affiliate #make #marketing #money #sources #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
    I am still using and abusing seo for my traffic although youtube is slowly taking over from that :-)

    Danny
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8610555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author veekay31
    If you want to generate traffic quickly then paid traffic is the best. There are many PPC, PPV and Banner ad options that you can look at. Currently Bing PPC works well for affiliate marketing. For PPV you can look at - Leadimpact, Trafficvance. There are many options for banner ads like buysell ads, blogsads, puxee, AdVeler etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8654464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author taxpayment1
    Hey Ethan,

    I would deff. Have to say FB Is a highly trafficking source website. Take into consideration over 1.6 billion people worldwide have and use FB on a daily basis. That Is a very high amount of people that could possibly be your traffic coming your way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8655548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zimzalabim
    Different traffic sources will react differently to different offers in different niches etc. Some will work and bring a return, some will not.

    I'd suggest you try out different options - whether that be FB, media buys, PPC etc - track the results, see which gives you the best ROI and zero in on that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8655715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Out of all the traffic sources I've ever tried, in a whole range of different niches over the last 5 years, nothing's ever compared for quality, targeting and responsiveness with article marketing traffic.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8655728].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        Out of all the traffic sources I've ever tried, in a whole range of different niches over the last 5 years, nothing's ever compared for quality, targeting and responsiveness with article marketing traffic.
        Ditto.

        IMNSHO, nothing can beat targeting traffic from other people's most loyal subscribers such as publishers of ezines, newsletters, blogs, magazines, etc.

        When publishers accept your article for their reading audience, the implied endorsement is priceless. This beats the competition all-to-hell.
        Signature
        “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8655816].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mason1
          i have been following your posts for quite a while, some nights i actually will go through a bunch of them for a few hours. seems like so many golden nuggets.. i would gladly pay you for a wso on how you do your article marketing and get them syndicated and produced. have you ever thought about just doing solo ads with these same sources in order to cut down on the work involved? or maybe you have tested and the articles are just way better even with the extra work involved because of the longevity once they are in? i am considering doing some solo ads right now. thx!

          Originally Posted by myob View Post

          Ditto.

          IMNSHO, nothing can beat targeting traffic from other people's most loyal subscribers such as publishers of ezines, newsletters, blogs, magazines, etc.

          When publishers accept your article for their reading audience, the implied endorsement is priceless. This beats the competition all-to-hell.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8660780].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author myob
            Originally Posted by mason1 View Post

            i have been following your posts for quite a while, some nights i actually will go through a bunch of them for a few hours. seems like so many golden nuggets.. i would gladly pay you for a wso on how you do your article marketing and get them syndicated and produced. have you ever thought about just doing solo ads with these same sources in order to cut down on the work involved? or maybe you have tested and the articles are just way better even with the extra work involved because of the longevity once they are in? i am considering doing some solo ads right now. thx!
            An excellent, timeless classic written eons ago discusses this marketing method in very practical detail and is still quite current today: Turn Words Into Traffic, by Jim and Dallas Edwards. I have been using this simple method for around 16 years, with astounding success. In addition, some books that may help you develop your writing skills are "Elemements of Style", and "The AP Stylebook". The Direcory of Ezines offers a tutorial on how to approach ezine editors for either advertising or article submissions. It is essential, however, to have a fully tested and effective conversion funnel for managing resulting traffic.

            Solo ads and other advertising may be somewhat effective by comparison, but in my experience, there is no other style anywhere nearly as powerful as the "journalistic" approach of article writing. What I sometimes do for offline publications when my articles are turned down (it does happen a lot, even for me lol!) is buy ad space for my articles. For high circulation magazines read by my targeted demographics, the ROI of even a full-page ad in an article format is quite substantial.
            Signature
            “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8661618].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author DireStraits
              Originally Posted by myob View Post

              For high circulation magazines read by my targeted demographics, the ROI of even a full-page ad in an article format is quite substantial.
              Coininess is next to godliness, no doubt about it. Fairly sure I heard mum right, though she was assaulting my earlobe with a wet flannel at the time.

              Primitive and uncouth as it's only a Hull boy's birthright to be, I hadn't really entertained this idea until fairly recently. I've seen a few long-form ads crop up here and there in various places, but rarely a full sponsored article - nothing clearly marked as such, anyway.

              Probably what got me thinking was an ongoing Lloyds Bank ad campaign. The divestiture of Lloyds TSB (for years one of our largest banks) into two has triggered fast-track campaigns to introduce/reintroduce each brand as a major force for good in the sector, each with a distinct look and feel. Lloyds' new image/fa├žade, I think, is quite endearing - much classier and more serious than in recent years - and part of the bank's strategy appears to be to try humanising itself for the purpose of competing with its self-resurrected rival TSB (allegedly more of a credit union than typical casino bank). The campaign has included a series of short sponsored "ads as articles" to relay stories of individuals and small businesses served by the bank. Obviously national newspapers are off the cards, but it struck me that - d'oh! - paying for something that might not otherwise pass muster is a useful leg-up to some tougher publications.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8661925].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author mason1
              Originally Posted by myob View Post

              An excellent, timeless classic written eons ago discusses this marketing method in very practical detail and is still quite current today: Turn Words Into Traffic, by Jim and Dallas Edwards. I have been using this simple method for around 16 years, with astounding success. In addition, some books that may help you develop your writing skills are "Elemements of Style", and "The AP Stylebook". The Direcory of Ezines offers a tutorial on how to approach ezine editors for either advertising or article submissions. It is essential, however, to have a fully tested and effective conversion funnel for managing resulting traffic.

              Solo ads and other advertising may be somewhat effective by comparison, but in my experience, there is no other style anywhere nearly as powerful as the "journalistic" approach of article writing. What I sometimes do for offline publications when my articles are turned down (it does happen a lot, even for me lol!) is buy ad space for my articles. For high circulation magazines read by my targeted demographics, the ROI of even a full-page ad in an article format is quite substantial.
              from what i have read about a lot of your other posts, are you getting that high roi by selling mostly super hi ticket amazon items for your specialized niches?

              man, i really wish you would do a wso on your whole setup someday, from the product selection, niches, to setting up the funnel and getting traffic.. but then again, i can understand why you don't. just making a little money off of a wso and then increasing the competition against yourself probably wouldn't be worth it. but i would absolutely love to see how something like that happens. i need to study about how to get a good funnel made and learn more about syndication for sure. been thinking of joining directory of ezines also like you said. hope this isn't hijacking the thread...
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8662339].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author myob
                Originally Posted by mason1 View Post

                from what i have read about a lot of your other posts, are you getting that high roi by selling mostly super hi ticket amazon items for your specialized niches?

                man, i really wish you would do a wso on your whole setup someday, from the product selection, niches, to setting up the funnel and getting traffic.. but then again, i can understand why you don't. just making a little money off of a wso and then increasing the competition against yourself probably wouldn't be worth it. but i would absolutely love to see how something like that happens. i need to study about how to get a good funnel made and learn more about syndication for sure. been thinking of joining directory of ezines also like you said. hope this isn't hijacking the thread...
                My guess is that a WSO on such a setup would not sell, because all of your questions have already been answered repeatedly by myself and collectively by other highly successful article syndicators. It's all right here on the WF for free. But if I were to do a WSO (which I have no inclination at all to mess around with product creation and its associated customer service headaches, whiners, complainers, lazy time-wasters, nefarious serial refunders, etc), it really would not be any different from the many posts and frequently recommended resources covering this topic.

                The essence of article syndication as a marketing model in its own right is that articles can drive massive laser-targeted traffic directly to a conversion funnel. This is not rocket science. Processing of the resulting traffic varies widely by different marketers, just as it does with other forms of traffic generation.

                Specifically in answer to your question regarding ROI of articles, the return is on access to the readership audiences of specialized publications, not from any immediate sales. I don't directly "sell" products nor are products even mentioned in any of my articles. The sales process really begins when these targeted audiences subscribe to my lists. Not appearing to initially promote or sell anything is a subtle but extremely powerful marketing strategy.

                The concept is simple; you give before you take, and in this basic principle article syndication is no different than for example sig files in forum marketing or even giving away freebies in exchange for getting subscribers to your lists.

                My syndicated articles provide information of value to my targeted readers. The non-salesy solutions within these articles drive traffic to my niche sites where additional valued content is offered. What happens is these readers start searching the niche site for more content relevant to their interests or specialty.

                At this point, the big pay-off begins. These readers become web site visitors and encounter links to my sales pages, which strongly recommends products as solutions congruently with the solution-oriented tone of all my articles. By leveraging the advantage of an aura of authority conferred by these articles (particularly when these articles appear in highly regarded publications), sales conversions are high, as are subsequent opt-ins of buyers for additional email promotions and sales.

                Significantly, I don't select "niches" per se; I target demographics where I can develop an affinity and establish relationships. For example, trade associations, industry, telecommunications providers, automotive, medical professionals, academia, churches, civic groups, etc. People are multi-dimensional, and have a wide variety of interests which can often be monetized with effective list segmentation. Here is an old link which shows how I "choose" niches: What's Your Niche?. (The major criteria is recurring profit potential and the number of high end affiliate products readily available.)

                My company regularly sells Amazon and other affiliate products almost exclusively to contacts originated through article syndication, beginning with nominally-priced products (under $50) and progresses incrementally well into the 5-figure price range. As far as I know, all affiliates who reach this level of achievement begin by first building trust and consistently engage customers on a personal basis through some kind of an integrated communication system, including email and often extending into offline contact. Being a simple kind of a guy, this can be all summed up as nothing more than just good old-fashioned salesmanship. It's really not anything new.
                Signature
                “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8665359].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Stacy Fleetwood
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        Out of all the traffic sources I've ever tried, in a whole range of different niches over the last 5 years, nothing's ever compared for quality, targeting and responsiveness with article marketing traffic.

        I read the thread you linked to here and have one question: When you publish to your site first and once indexed submit your content to others for syndication, how are they persuaded to use content that will now be viewed as duplicate?
        Signature
        StacyFleetwood.com - follow my 90 Day Blog Challenge to attain job-ending income.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8662727].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Stacy Fleetwood View Post

          I read the thread you linked to here and have one question: When you publish to your site first and once indexed submit your content to others for syndication, how are they persuaded to use content that will now be viewed as duplicate?
          Hi Stacy, I think you may be confusing "duplicate content" with "syndicated content". They're two very different things. The differences between the two are hugely significant, and are briefly explained in this post and this little article .
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8662743].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Stacy Fleetwood
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            Hi Stacy, I think you may be confusing "duplicate content" with "syndicated content". They're two very different things. The differences between the two are hugely significant, and are briefly explained in this post and this little article .
            Originally Posted by Indecision View Post

            In short, if your content is on different domains it isn't dupilcated (think of new articles), if you use the same content multiple times on the same domain/website then it is duplicated
            Ahhh, yes I see. Thanks for responding. Great resources Alexa thank you.
            Signature
            StacyFleetwood.com - follow my 90 Day Blog Challenge to attain job-ending income.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8662838].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author An Al
              [DELETED]
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8663420].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author DireStraits
                Originally Posted by An Al View Post

                I mean, I could post a link to articles from years ago that say keyword stuffing and hidden text is good for SEO, and if I did, people would correctly point out that I'm an idiot.
                Well, either a sucker or an insidious buffoon. But it's a nonsense comparison anyway, because syndication, unlike spam, has never been against the rules.

                Anyone who did the things you mentioned knew they'd be in for a flogging eventually. It was only ever a matter of whether the gravy train would chug on long enough for the effort to be worthwhile. Clearly sometimes it was, but rarely, only for sharpest tricksters, and almost never the trendies who blindly followed.

                You sound like a cynical and distorted type, so you'll have the time to perform a little experiment, seeing as you're insinuating only the clueless or those with a penchant for self-flagellation bother to syndicate.

                Pull up the Reuters site. You know it - the international news organisation that, along with the Associated Press and others, syndicates content to a bazillion other news sites every day.

                Look down the list of recent stories and grab a headline, stick it in quotes and put it in Google. Provided it's more than a few hours old, the odds are good you'll see the same stories published verbatim, or sometimes with only minor edits, on page after page of results. That's syndication. Run the same search without quotes and you'll likely still see the same articles dotted about here and there.

                Even a school dunce could connect the dots.

                If syndication is the poisoned chalice you've implied, ask yourself:

                - Why do these long-established companies continue to flourish with such a damaging business model?

                - Why do so many large, well-known global news outlets (and countless more locally) republish these stories day-in, day-out?

                - How is it they continue ranking highly across the search engines, often for content that isn't even their own? Shouldn't they all have been de-indexed?

                SEO isn't fundamental to article syndication, but it's a topic oft-raised and distorted by some folks - the lazy, nefarious, and more besides - as a deterrent to people who might otherwise go on to realise its immense benefits. I'm sure more than a few oddballs even conjure up scare-stories just to feel better about their own failure.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8663645].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Indecision
          Originally Posted by Stacy Fleetwood View Post

          I read the thread you linked to here and have one question: When you publish to your site first and once indexed submit your content to others for syndication, how are they persuaded to use content that will now be viewed as duplicate?
          In short, if your content is on different domains it isn't dupilcated (think of new articles), if you use the same content multiple times on the same domain/website then it is duplicated
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8662762].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Phoenix68
      Originally Posted by zimzalabim View Post

      Different traffic sources will react differently to different offers in different niches etc. Some will work and bring a return, some will not.

      I'd suggest you try out different options - whether that be FB, media buys, PPC etc - track the results, see which gives you the best ROI and zero in on that.

      Good points!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8661362].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I'm still a fan of blogs, articles, forums, and email marketing. Social marketing not so much.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8655731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author K Mec
    Since few days I found very funny but great trick to drive traffice to your website through website.

    Some one posted a animated image of one puppy with blinking eyes on facebook and and in description one link is given diverting to a website. In a ver short time this image went viral and got more than 25000 shares.

    And curiously i click on the that link also and visited that site!!!

    You may try this trick also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8655787].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jack Samatha
    Use exoclick ppc and target websites like piratebay and other high traffic ones. I promoted a CPL product and made back my investment along with $150 profit.

    You should give it a shot.

    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8655798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    The first priority is obviously SEO.
    But other than seo, forums, social media ads like facebook ppc
    banner ads on sites, solo ads, yahoo bing ads are good for affiliate marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8659371].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Moneymaker2012 View Post

      The first priority is obviously SEO.
      It's far from obvious to me. All my (semi-obsessive) testing, tracking and monitoring has actually led me to believe the exact opposite.

      I always suggest to people that they shouldn't put time and effort into trying to attract SEO traffic, for two main reasons: first, it's very precarious and makes your business Google-dependent, and any business that's Google-dependent is no more than one algorithm-change away from a potential accident (or even a potential disaster), as so many Warriors have been finding out over the last year or two, some of them to their very great cost; secondly, for me, search engine traffic, in every single one of my niches, has been uniformly the worst-converting traffic out of everything I've ever tried - search engine visitors to all my websites typically stay the least time, view the fewest pages, opt in the least often and actually buy anything by far the least often. I admit I do get tons of search engine traffic to all my main sites (because high rankings for multiple keywords happen to be a minor side-benefit of the main targeted traffic-generation method I use) but I'd hate to have to make a living just from that traffic. If you have a good look round the forum, you'll also see plenty of other Warriors making exactly this point.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8659398].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris-
        Interesting point. So how DO you get traffic, if you are ignoring Search Engines??

        thanks in advance for any comments on this interesting area

        Chris


        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        It's far from obvious to me. All my (semi-obsessive) testing, tracking and monitoring has actually led me to believe the exact opposite.

        I always suggest to people that they shouldn't put time and effort into trying to attract SEO traffic, for two main reasons: first, it's very precarious and makes your business Google-dependent, and any business that's Google-dependent is no more than one algorithm-change away from a potential accident (or even a potential disaster), as so many Warriors have been finding out over the last year or two, some of them to their very great cost; secondly, for me, search engine traffic, in every single one of my niches, has been uniformly the worst-converting traffic out of everything I've ever tried - search engine visitors to all my websites typically stay the least time, view the fewest pages, opt in the least often and actually buy anything by far the least often. I admit I do get tons of search engine traffic to all my main sites (because high rankings for multiple keywords happen to be a minor side-benefit of the main targeted traffic-generation method I use) but I'd hate to have to make a living just from that traffic. If you have a good look round the forum, you'll also see plenty of other Warriors making exactly this point.
        Signature

        If you have experience with paid traffic, or have a mailing-list or social-media following (niches: business, finance, money, MMO, IM), I may be able to get you access to one of the highest-converting offers ever made . . . $799.65 sales per webinar attendee from one mailing-list.

        PM me NOW for more info !
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8660830].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Chris- View Post

          So how DO you get traffic, if you are ignoring Search Engines??
          Hi Chris ... explained in post #6 above (with a link to further information).

          (I'm ignoring search engines, more or less, but they're not ignoring me, because article marketing can actually bring floods of SE traffic, just because of all those backlinks from relevant sites, which Google values so highly ... however, all those SE visitors represent about 20% of my traffic and only 3% of my income, because they're the worst-quality traffic I can get).
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8661006].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Chris-
            OK, yes you did mention already

            Very interesting point, thanks!

            Chris


            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            Hi Chris ... explained in post #6 above (with a link to further information).

            (I'm ignoring search engines, more or less, but they're not ignoring me, because article marketing can actually bring floods of SE traffic, just because of all those backlinks from relevant sites, which Google values so highly ... however, all those SE visitors represent about 20% of my traffic and only 3% of my income, because they're the worst-quality traffic I can get).
            Signature

            If you have experience with paid traffic, or have a mailing-list or social-media following (niches: business, finance, money, MMO, IM), I may be able to get you access to one of the highest-converting offers ever made . . . $799.65 sales per webinar attendee from one mailing-list.

            PM me NOW for more info !
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8668971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trader909
    Banned
    i've 100% given up on seo..sure feels good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8662247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    Originally Posted by Ethan Talley View Post

    Hey everybody,

    I currently doing a lot of marketing but I need other traffic sources that are good and can get a great ROI and CTR. I recently just found out about Super Affiliate Rockstar, and Vick Strizheus' "High Traffic Academy" and I haven't even bought it yet. I would like to know what you guys think as far as other avenues ,specific and thorough answers on different courses,services,etc.

    If you know of anything else that has worked for you and what exactly did you do step by step.I'm marketing on the adcenter network because it has more traffic than google and seem to do ok but I would like to take my income to the next level.please let me know
    Affiliate marketing and email marketing go hand in hand except if you are not serious about been successful with your affiliate marketing business.

    On top of the list i have:

    List building
    SEO
    Video
    Article marketing
    Press release
    Forums
    Blogging
    Solo ads
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8662372].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aveiur
    Long term traffic from good SEO seems to be the best
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8663418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    listbuilding and article syndication. We are doing about $5k per month in the health niche / quit smoking niche. But these work the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8663470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
    Go where your target audience already is and get your content or adverts in front of them.

    That can be on social media, forums, blogs or whatever. Find ways to get your content or ads (I don't mean spamming) on those places.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8663601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dudelive
    Well after reading all this good information your answer is clear. It all works. The secret to making money is to find what works for you and stick to it. Good times and bad you need to stay on point with what works for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8663893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author desley
    Originally Posted by Ethan Talley View Post

    Hey everybody,

    I currently doing a lot of marketing but I need other traffic sources that are good and can get a great ROI and CTR. I recently just found out about Super Affiliate Rockstar, and Vick Strizheus' "High Traffic Academy" and I haven't even bought it yet. I would like to know what you guys think as far as other avenues ,specific and thorough answers on different courses,services,etc.

    If you know of anything else that has worked for you and what exactly did you do step by step.I'm marketing on the adcenter network because it has more traffic than google and seem to do ok but I would like to take my income to the next level.please let me know
    Hi,
    There are so many and varied traffic sources that driving traffic and heaps of it is not considered on of the holy grails of IM for nothing.

    Purchased Vic's paid advertising course awhile back and I will say, one does learn heaps with his course. Beware he is a consumate business man of the first order and will provide you with many rather expensive opportunities to participate which costs huge $$$. However in saying this - you will get a very, very good overview of paid advertising from Vic.

    Another good person to check out re paid advertising is Jason Nybeck - he is very good, very honest and has heaps of integrity and he gives very good value for your dollars. He's also developed what he calls the Snowball method which is a very interesting take on paid advertising and he specialises in banner advertising. Worth looking into is my recommendation. He also is a big fan of FB advertising - and ensuring one keeps FB visitors within the FB framework to ensure one develops lasting relationships with customers.

    Good luck with your endeavours. My last suggestion is beware of the latest whiz bang, super duper promos for the next best thing since sliced bread traffic generation strategies - you'll end up wasting time, energy, and $$$ chasing after each and every one of them and end up empty handed with a load of garbage on your computer!!!

    In many respects, having tried many and varied types of traffic sources I ended up coming back (virtually full circle) to the following - A, B & C + PA method for traffic - takes more time and energy however you can outsource to a very large degree.

    A - article writing - and uploading to article directories.
    B - having good backlinks that are trustworthy.
    C - commenting on blogs, forums, Q&A forums and the like
    +
    PA - Paid Advertising.

    And the Paid Advertising Formula I basically put together in my mind from all my travels and learnings =

    "Right Product"
    +
    "Right Website"
    +
    "Right Paid Advertising/Banner
    =
    Conversions, which =
    Sales, which =
    $$$ in the bank.

    By the way - YouTube traffic can do some good also - however again one really does have to follow the methods above to really be able to generate good quality and targeted traffic from YouTube.

    Hope this assists.

    Good luck.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8665443].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author noblemarketer
    I've had some of my best ROI using Google and Facebook paid advertising placements.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8665457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Roy A Jones
    myob I have to totally disagree, especially after reading through this thread. You are full of knowledge and people would gladly pay for a WSO product from someone with your integrity. Unfortunately yes all the headaches that accompany a WSO would make it not worthwhile.

    With all of your knowledge have you ever thought of putting together a high end coaching program?

    People who pay 4 or more figures to get coached are more likely to be busy learning and implementing their given tasks as opposed to wasting time wining and getting refunds.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8665827].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by Roy A Jones View Post

      myob I have to totally disagree, especially after reading through this thread. You are full of knowledge and people would gladly pay for a WSO product from someone with your integrity. Unfortunately yes all the headaches that accompany a WSO would make it not worthwhile.

      With all of your knowledge have you ever thought of putting together a high end coaching program?

      People who pay 4 or more figures to get coached are more likely to be busy learning and implementing their given tasks as opposed to wasting time wining and getting refunds.
      I do have a "high end" coaching program for all my new writers. It's a free 3-month training course of learning and implementing given tasks - but up to my own expectations and standards.

      For me and my patience, it's just much easier to fire someone for not paying attention than to keep repeating over and over again the very same basics. :rolleyes:
      Signature
      “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8666981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cyberzolo
    Paid traffic works really well. Tyler Cruz uses it and makes $20,000 per month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8665829].message }}
  • I'd say YouTube is your best bet, and then Google search engine traffic.
    Signature
    Need Music For Your Videos, Podcasts, Sites, etc? Get It Now On My YouTube Channel!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8666982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author createyouwealth
    Youtube marketing is a great way to drive free traffic. Forum marketing in relation to your niche is also a great way of marketing.

    I remember when I made my first sell via clickbank just experimenting with a 30 sec video in less than 24 hours, so I will definitely say that video marketing is a great way to get traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardworker2013
    Social Media is the in thing now, Join internet marketing groups on social media
    like Facebook and Linkedin and on Google Plus. Youtube Marketing too
    is also a good source of free traffic, but has become very competitive
    in recent past. If you have money to spend you can buy Solo Ads but
    they can be quite expensive but that is how most of the top internet marketers
    get there traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nerdygirl226
    Google adwords
    Facebook ads
    email lists (my favorite)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xenter
    You can get a ton of traffic through various channels. It's best to test everything out and see what works for whichever offer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bmw040
    YouTube with SEO from the start.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8669038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aboylin
    My greatest traffic source is by far through my FB Fan Page, it gets my about 1500 clicks per month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8669160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrbidek
    [QUOTE=Ethan Talley;8610528]Hey everybody,

    I currently doing a lot of marketing but I need other traffic sources that are good and can get a great ROI and CTR. I recently just found out about Super Affiliate Rockstar, and Vick Strizheus' "High Traffic Academy" and I haven't even bought it yet. I would like to know what you guys think as far as other avenues ,specific and thorough answers on different courses,services,etc.

    I think the best traffic sources for affiliate marketing is SOLO ADS, especially the targeted ones. I just stumbled on one seller on fiverr.com and she looks very promising. I will buy from her soon and come back to you with my experience. Or better still, you may wish to contact her there (trafficdirector is her name).
    To your marketing success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8789707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    i do very well from these

    - affililates

    - PPC (MSN adcnt, BING, GOOGLE ADWORDS & even 7search)

    - FACEBOOK (likes and newsfeeds)

    - Press releases (if done properly, is one of our best....but people do not do this correctly)

    - EMAIL marketing. (again one of our best but we use PPC > Squeeze page)

    - Banner ads on high traffic and targeted forums. (buysellads and contacting owners etc)

    There is no right or wrong way to traffic, but these works best for us. If you want to do OK online, and get a few sales use FREE traffic, if you want to KILL It online you need to use Paid traffic, as most people who do well online almost always use PAID traffic, its the fast track way to success when you test and find winners you can upscale.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8789841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Janice Sperry
    All-In-One: Traffic Tips

    Since your question is "What are the best traffic sources...?" you may want to keep an eye on that thread. It is already looking like a gold mine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8790331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WarTiger
    Originally Posted by Ethan Talley View Post

    Hey everybody,

    I currently doing a lot of marketing but I need other traffic sources that are good and can get a great ROI and CTR. I recently just found out about Super Affiliate Rockstar, and Vick Strizheus' "High Traffic Academy" and I haven't even bought it yet. I would like to know what you guys think as far as other avenues ,specific and thorough answers on different courses,services,etc.

    If you know of anything else that has worked for you and what exactly did you do step by step.I'm marketing on the adcenter network because it has more traffic than google and seem to do ok but I would like to take my income to the next level.please let me know
    facebook is No.1 for traffic, for me Facebook and Youtube are the best sources
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8790369].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kennethchooks
    Banned
    Well really it depends.

    But i will advice that you build a website around the product and rank it. More like review and pre-sell websites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8791005].message }}

Trending Topics