Need real traffic to forum

by Dbm811
19 replies
Hi well this is probely not the first time this question has been made, but here goes, yesterday i made a forum mostly for hosting topics and its not really fun without members, i posted its arrival on facebook in some grups but so far no members, so my question is how/where can i promote my forum to get members ?
#forum #real #traffic
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dbm811
    Yes 1 that i know of but mine is mixed with hosting topics and marketing topics i havent seen a forum like that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bmw040
    Do you have a link to your forum?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by Dbm811 View Post

    I posted its arrival on facebook in some grups but so far no members
    dbm811,

    One thing that you'll learn about Internet marketing is that most campaigns take some time before you'll see positive results. Many of the marketers on this forum have worked hard for weeks, months, and even years before their web sites have gained "traction" (meaning they begin to get attention from their prospects.)

    Just because you have no members in one day - don't get discouraged.

    Good luck,

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dbm811
    Yes its wshosting.info

    Not sure if im allowed to put a link but this should do the job.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tritrain
    1. Contests (referral, gift card to Amazon, etc).
    2. Offer a select group of people to be moderators/ active core members in exchange for revenue sharing/advertising proceeds.
    3. Hire people to write quality posts.
    4. Hang out on similar forums, making posts, put an intriguing link to your forum in your signature.
    5. Create a video (or several) to entice people to check out your forum.
    6. Depending on the niche, you could contact non-forum yet similar topic sites to see about doing an advertising or link exchange.
    7. Create multiple accounts to ask and answer one another. At least in the beginning to get some posts, since its looking quite empty at the moment.
    Signature
    Domains for sale - see seopositions.net
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrMe
    The same way you can get visitors to a fresh site:
    Keyword rich threads.
    Article directories <- articles with your forum's link for targeted traffic.
    Social Media.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dbm811
    Thanks great idears! what i did was to offer 4 sticky post on the advertising forum for there marketing and hosting company ads, i will continu posting on facebook and look into the suggestions comming from your idears.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    I would invest in some paid forum posting.

    There are plenty of companies that offer it. Just search Google for 'paid forum posting'.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628767].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seonutshell
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      I would invest in some paid forum posting.

      There are plenty of companies that offer it. Just search Google for 'paid forum posting'.
      I do this on Fiver at the moment.
      Signature
      No Opt In -This FREE Video Reveals The Secret To Building Your First Email List In Less Than 3 Hours!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seonutshell
    Signature
    No Opt In -This FREE Video Reveals The Secret To Building Your First Email List In Less Than 3 Hours!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628977].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RetiredOldDude
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8630307].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dbm811
        Thanks for the great support, i have alot of idears to try out now, i did add a free gift to the forum so i waitng to see if this will add some members, time will tell.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8631731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Run some ads and add monetization options on your forum. Promote in all of the popular sites online in your niche. Do tons of free marketing too. Starting a forum is kinda like a catch 22... but you can make it successful if you dont give up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8629036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    Write some amazing content for your forum. All put in all kinds of inducements for new posters. This is easier if you launch a forum off the back of an existing website, so you can give away goods and services in return for forum posts.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8629728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DotComBum
    Pay someone to post to get your forum going, if there is no post in the forum, nobody will join.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    I've found another tip for improving a forum:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/blogs/br...our-forum.html

    This is a great way of getting new visitors to become regular posters.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James_Harkin
    It will be difficult but not impossible to build a new forum. The Warriors Forum was built from within The Warriors Secret Site, which was a private members area with content to download back in 1996-97. Allen used the power of affiliate marketing to build a list. Then he started the forum that was a basic way for members to communicate with each other and from those humble beginnings he managed to build a top 200 website in the world.

    This is what I would do, I would build a list of like minded people first, 5,000-10,000 people and then offer them a special exclusive private members area on the forum with lots of great content to obtain as rewards for 1) signing up to the forum, 2) posting to the forum, 3) getting replies/likes/shares 4) introducing new members to the forum. Get the forum engaged with great content that is updated regularly and get the people addicted.

    To bring in the 5,000-10,000 targeted list I would create a product (ebook/video/podcast) of important and exclusive information relating to your niche, heavily promote it via PPC and then interview the leaders of that niche. Give that information audio/video/transcript away free for an email address. Then when you have the desired number of people on your list create your forum. As its building, contact the major celebrities and gurus in your chosen field and invite them to post at your site (promote their affiliate programs for revenue) - if they see you are generating them good money they won't hesitate to participate. Either this or pay these celebrities/gurus in your niche to post ... it'll bring in even more people and your forum will go viral.

    Simple tactics, its been done many times before. I'd start off slow first, build your list and then open your forum. If you open a forum that is virtually empty without major engagement you will lose visitors and your site won't go viral. Ultimately you would want to create a niche social network where engagement and discussion is the top priority and you will become a guru/celebrity in your own right.

    Thanks...

    James Harkin
    Signature
    "My First Joint Venture Generated Us OVER $633,451.64 PROFIT! How Would You Like Access To The TOP 1250 Internet Marketers Who Can Help You Do The Same?". PM Me About How They Can Help You Explode Your Business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632935].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RetiredOldDude
      Originally Posted by James_Harkin View Post

      It will be difficult but not impossible to build a new forum.
      I agree. Its what I am going to try to do in the next few weeks in the field of the stock Market

      Originally Posted by James_Harkin View Post

      The Warriors Forum was built from within The Warriors Secret Site, which was a private members area with content to download back in 1996-97. Allen used the power of affiliate marketing to build a list. Then he started the forum that was a basic way for members to communicate with each other and from those humble beginnings he managed to build a top 200 website in the world.
      It has taken 17 years, with a much wider market base(Internet Marketers).
      I don't wish to take that long a period

      Originally Posted by James_Harkin View Post


      This is what I would do, I would build a list of like minded people first, 5,000-10,000 people and then offer them a special exclusive private members area on the forum with lots of great content to obtain as rewards for 1) signing up to the forum, 2) posting to the forum, 3) getting replies/likes/shares 4) introducing new members to the forum. Get the forum engaged with great content that is updated regularly and get the people addicted.
      It seems that your business model is back-to-front. The purpose of the Forum is to engage people and then build your list out of the forum

      Originally Posted by James_Harkin View Post


      To bring in the 5,000-10,000 targeted list I would create a product (ebook/video/podcast) of important and exclusive information relating to your niche, heavily promote it via PPC and then interview the leaders of that niche. Give that information audio/video/transcript away free for an email address. Then when you have the desired number of people on your list, create your forum.
      Again, It seems that your business model is back-to-front.
      This looks like the most convoluted and round-about way to get visitors to a forum website that I have ever seen.

      Originally Posted by James_Harkin View Post

      As its building, contact the major celebrities and gurus in your chosen field and invite them to post at your site (promote their affiliate programs for revenue) - if they see you are generating them good money they won't hesitate to participate. Either this or pay these celebrities/gurus in your niche to post ... it'll bring in even more people and your forum will go viral.
      A good idea. I will take that little gem and use it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8633019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Mak
    buy a banner from a similar niche website or forum
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632959].message }}

Trending Topics