Where is the big money "online" in general? ( not only IM )

49 replies
Hey guys I seen somebody make a thread called "where is the big money in IM, so I started thinking "where exactly is the big money online in general, not only IM" , like is Internet Marketing the only online big money maker online? Is there anything online that is a better money maker than IM? This is something I was wondering so I definitely had to ask.
#”online” #big #general #money
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Mak
    go check flippa.com, the site which sold for high dollar are where the big money reside.

    that is the final result not some promise in IM product.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garyt
    Porn?? Sex sells.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632749].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Originally Posted by garyt View Post

      Porn?? Sex sells.....
      Lol thats true, sex will always sell
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8633157].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnIsCool
      Originally Posted by garyt View Post

      Porn?? Sex sells.....
      Not anymore... to many free video sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635967].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
        Originally Posted by JohnIsCool View Post

        Not anymore... to many free video sites.
        Lol I'm pretty those sites still make money via ads, etc.....
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joaquin112
    Most niches have the potential to make money when monetized correctly. Remember, the idea is not as important as the implementation of the idea.

    I speak from experience here. When I was 16 or 17 I was able to make $250 per day from a free downloads site that used PPD. That's without any real experience or knowledge of IM.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632853].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Originally Posted by joaquin112 View Post

      Most niches have the potential to make money when monetized correctly. Remember, the idea is not as important as the implementation of the idea.

      I speak from experience here. When I was 16 or 17 I was able to make $250 per day from a free downloads site that used PPD. That's without any real experience or knowledge of IM.
      I understand that but im asking what are some other big money makers online other than IM
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8633150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patbinc
    Originally Posted by imagoodguy View Post

    Hey guys I seen somebody make a thread called "where is the big money in IM, so I started thinking "where exactly is the big money online in general, not only IM" , like is Internet Marketing the only online big money maker online? Is there anything online that is a better money maker than IM? This is something I was wondering so I definitely had to ask.

    Here are some money makers (in no particular order) other than IM

    1. Self Publishing

    2. Apps development

    3. Forex Trading

    4. Pornography

    5. Online Advertising

    6. Online Service Provision (like in micro-job sites)

    7. Online Payment Services & Solutions

    As you can see from the list, some of these methods are more complicated and require more technical know-how and start-up capital as compared to IM but they also pay handsomely when done right.
    Signature
    Become an online marketing Shark...
    Join The Best & Build Your Online Empire
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8633807].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Originally Posted by Patbinc View Post

      Here are some money makers (in no particular order) other than IM

      1. Self Publishing

      2. Apps development

      3. Forex Trading

      4. Pornography

      5. Online Advertising

      6. Online Service Provision (like in micro-job sites)

      7. Online Payment Services & Solutions

      As you can see from the list, some of these methods are more complicated and require more technical know-how and start-up capital as compared to IM but they also pay handsomely when done right.
      True...... As in "self publishing", are you talking about product creation?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    Yeah the term IM can mean more than just the "internet marketing make money online" space.

    I look at IM as anything that has to do with marketing on the internet.

    With that said, there are niches that are just as good, if not better, than "internet marketing" as a niche.

    Just find a hungry crowd, find out what they want, and put as much of it in front of them as you can - whether as an affiliate, product owner, publisher, traffic seller, etc...
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8633989].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

      Yeah the term IM can mean more than just the "internet marketing make money online" space.

      I look at IM as anything that has to do with marketing on the internet.

      With that said, there are niches that are just as good, if not better, than "internet marketing" as a niche.

      Just find a hungry crowd, find out what they want, and put as much of it in front of them as you can - whether as an affiliate, product owner, publisher, traffic seller, etc...
      I understand that, im just asking about alternatives to IM.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635043].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author daavid3
        Originally Posted by imagoodguy View Post

        I understand that, im just asking about alternatives to IM.
        Domain names buying selling, copywriting on freelance sites (not that much money in that and time consuming) You can create your own product whatever that might be, it can be like a razor dollarshaveclub.com style. Or an information product.. It really depends on your skills, time and what you are interested in along with
        How much money are you looking to make.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635100].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author daavid3
    Many people made a killing on bitcoins. I think if you are always on top of the game online, if you are in the know, you will find things such as bitcoins, or other hot stuff before everyone and their mother knows about it and that is where potential for making big bucks is possible..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MKCookins
    As others have stated the big money comes from...

    1. Finding a profitable market (perferable evergreen market) where people are already spending money.

    2. Pinpoint their main problems they are facing.

    3. Give them a solution to their problem in exchange for money, and also help them for free to help build your relationship with them.

    4. Get your product/service in front as many people as you can.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    Read the book "Acres of Diamonds" by Russell Conwell and you will discover its right in front of you, under your feet, and all around you.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635142].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

      Read the book "Acres of Diamonds" by Russell Conwell and you will discover its right in front of you, under your feet, and all around you.
      I will definitely check that book out, thanks for informing me....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chosen2013
    The big money online is in porn for sure, and in social networks...
    Signature
    I exchange E-Currencies(PP<>Payza<>PM<>Payoneer<>Skrill<>Paxum< >WMZ).
    My ICQ: 498*639*434, Skype: Chosen_FTS
    I will show you my references on request.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635228].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Originally Posted by Chosen2013 View Post

      The big money online is in porn for sure, and in social networks...
      I know that porn will always be indemand but what are the different ways people profit from that online other than ads ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
    Simple:

    Providing something of value that solves people's problems.

    The top 3 niches:

    Weight Loss
    Make Money Online
    Love and Relationships

    Make something of value in those, and you're all set.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by imagoodguy View Post

    Hey guys I seen somebody make a thread called ”where is the big money in IM, so I started thinking ”where exactly is the big money online in general, not only IM” , like is Internet Marketing the only online big money maker online? Is there anything online that is a better money maker than IM? This is something I was wondering so I definitely had to ask.
    I'm guessing that when you state "IM" you're really referring to the MMO market (make money online), since I.M. or Internet Marketing is a very general and generic term.

    Any business that uses the internet as a medium for commerce can be said that it's doing "I.M.".

    There are thousands of markets out there and probably millions of niches. If you think of niches as specific needs and wants, then you'll be able to find lots of them that are "big" money makers.




    I belong to a mastermind group where each entrepreneur makes a living in a completely different market. Here are just a few to give you an idea on how diverse they are....and yes, all of them do this via the internet:
    • Selling medical equipment
    • Flipping real estate
    • City Tours
    • Night club promotions
    • Licensing software (that's all I'm allowed to share on this one)
    • Bringing entrepreneurs and work-at-home parents together
    • Hair extensions and braids
    • Lifestyle Coaching
    • Dealing With Rebellious Children and Adolescents
    • Selling specialized dog food to Petstores (chains and smaller shops)
    • Public Speaking (not the "Matt Foley" type lol)
    You really are only limited by your imagination and your ability to do some research.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635281].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Originally Posted by Rod Cortez View Post

      I'm guessing that when you state "IM" you're really referring to the MMO market (make money online), since I.M. or Internet Marketing is a very general and generic term.

      Any business that uses the internet as a medium for commerce can be said that it's doing "I.M.".

      There are thousands of markets out there and probably millions of niches. If you think of niches as specific needs and wants, then you'll be able to find lots of them that are "big" money makers.




      I belong to a mastermind group where each entrepreneur makes a living in a completely different market. Here are just a few to give you an idea on how diverse they are....and yes, all of them do this via the internet:
      • Selling medical equipment
      • Flipping real estate
      • City Tours
      • Night club promotions
      • Licensing software (that's all I'm allowed to share on this one)
      • Bringing entrepreneurs and work-at-home parents together
      • Hair extensions and braids
      • Lifestyle Coaching
      • Dealing With Rebellious Children and Adolescents
      • Selling specialized dog food to Petstores (chains and smaller shops)
      • Public Speaking (not the "Matt Foley" type lol)
      You really are only limited by your imagination and your ability to do some researc

      RoD
      Cool thanks for the feedback, basically I'm referring to IM as a whole not only mmo.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author simonthewebguy
    Hi
    Some of the biggest earners online now are in MLM everything from Pure Leverage, Oregano Gold and Empower Network not my thing as wet there years ago and was scammed but people do make are making big incomes favours people with large following or email list already but work involved and financial outlay don't let anyone tell you different as their talking BS. Hope this helps good luck Simon
    Signature

    Connect With Me Here
    Nothing To Buy - Just Good Free Advice
    http://goo.gl/0uS0dv

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635282].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Just my opinion . . .

      The biggest earners out there are the guys that pay for huge amounts of traffic on a daily basis and send that traffic to extremely compelling CPA and affiliate offers usually in one of four or five markets:
      • health/lifestyle/personal development
      • weight loss/exercise/dieting/supplements
      • relationships/dating/divorce
      • gaming/gambling/lotteries
      • sex/porn
      They don't deal with customer service, building content, or posting on forums. They tend to be secretive, underground marketers that are not too anxious to share what they're doing. The amount of daily spend they commit to would blow your mind.

      Steve
      Signature

      Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635487].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
        Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

        Just my opinion . . .

        The biggest earners out there are the guys that pay for huge amounts of traffic on a daily basis and send that traffic to extremely compelling CPA and affiliate offers usually in one of four or five markets:
        • health/lifestyle/personal development
        • weight loss/exercise/dieting/supplements
        • relationships/dating/divorce
        • gaming/gambling/lotteries
        • sex/porn
        They don't deal with customer service, building content, or posting on forums. They tend to be secretive, underground marketers that are not too anxious to share what they're doing. The amount of daily spend they commit to would blow your mind.

        Steve
        Cool I never thought of that, I seen one guy here offering coaching for paid traffic with CPA. I forgot his name though
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Online marketplaces and auction sites... half .com, ebay, buy .com, tradebit, ejunkie, etc... and selling a service like consultant.... for example a "life coach".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635466].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      Online marketplaces and auction sites... half .com, ebay, buy .com, tradebit, ejunkie, etc... and selling a service like consultant.... for example a "life coach".
      Thats what im talking about, something totally different from IM, flipping physical products and such.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnIsCool
    You may want to look at building an online service, like BaseCamp or Freshbooks. If you built a monthly service that would help small businesses do X, you charge $19 a month for it, get a couple thousand people signed up... Boom, you are making serious money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635989].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Originally Posted by JohnIsCool View Post

      You may want to look at building an online service, like BaseCamp or Freshbooks. If you built a monthly service that would help small businesses do X, you charge $19 a month for it, get a couple thousand people signed up... Boom, you are making serious money.
      Thanks for the idea, I will keep it in mind...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AskMsD
    Webinar's, training of some kind, education always pays.
    Signature

    Business loans for business owners of 5k - 2 Mill with no traditional personal guarantees or assets as collateral with highly competitive rates, visit: www.smallbizloans.us or Call Us! 1-(866) 304-2253

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636601].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Originally Posted by AskMsD View Post

      Webinar's, training of some kind, education always pays.
      Thanks for the feedback Ms. D
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dsuitor
    What ive seen the best resulting in is LIST BUILDING - This is where every internet marketer make most of there money - Me personally i make at least 70% of my monthly income from my massive email list ive build over the past 5 years
    Signature

    Custom Web Design Packages Website >>>

    Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636768].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by dsuitor View Post

      What ive seen the best resulting in is LIST BUILDING - This is where every internet marketer make most of there money - Me personally i make at least 70% of my monthly income from my massive email list ive build over the past 5 years
      you my friend are light years ahead of most in here.

      We are in several niches, and make 9k - 10k a month with clickibank, while others are out there trying to direct link to clickbank offers, we are listbuilding and offering our own stuff and other seriously cool affiliate offers within clickbank and killing it.

      90% of my income comes from listbuilding. IMHO there is nothing that works as good at it, especially if you are doing the whole clickbank thing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8759823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    From FindAForum, I'd say that the forums that are pulling in the most money are those in the bodybuilding and cars niches. Maybe gaming as well.

    But the cars forums are usually full of "this topic is sponsored by X" so the board owners are pulling in $$$ without having to use AdSense or anything.

    If you hunt around there are plenty of small niches where you can do well. In FindAForum I've included a forum about bagpipes, and one about men's shaving issues (bet none of you in the health/fitness niche thought about that one!).
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PBScott
    All of the above are correct, but one thing people did not mention, other than the part about a large mail list, is that the bigger the presence you have the more money you make. Once you have the ability to leverage thousands, millions, or in the case of Facebook and Google, Billions, it is easy to make a ton of cash.

    If you don't know what else to do, start building a web presence.
    Signature

    If you don't look at this => Really Funny Shirts <= you missed something in life

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8637389].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imagoodguy
      Thanks for all the good feedback.....Feel free to post, im on my phone right now so I cant reply to all the new post
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8638792].message }}
  • I know one guy selling the conspiracy niche survival after america falls apart is making a killing! All online that niche is huge.
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8755050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samkadya
    Originally Posted by imagoodguy View Post

    Hey guys I seen somebody make a thread called "where is the big money in IM, so I started thinking "where exactly is the big money online in general, not only IM" , like is Internet Marketing the only online big money maker online? Is there anything online that is a better money maker than IM? This is something I was wondering so I definitely had to ask.
    I wont be surprised if the weight loss niche is the big shot online especially in the developed world. So many ladies looking for ways to lose weight.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8755060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Clautusoar
    Who in here every made money in pornography ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8755231].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author focusedlife
    I did a "ctrl+f" on this page to check and, yup, no one mentioned Amazon.

    I've made a CRAP load of money through Fulfillment By Amazon selling stuff from Goodwill.

    Examples:

    1. Air Beds - bought for $20; sold for $70
    2. Skin Cream - bought for $2.75; sold for $30
    3. Old Games - bought for $0.60; sold for avg $20
    4. Etc.

    I've just started messing around with it, but aside from getting it boxed up for Amazon - its a real interesting and brain dead way to make it happen online.

    Probably the easiest I've ever seen.

    Next - Helping offline businesses - by far my bread and butter.

    After that - Fiverr....easily overlooked way to build a list and make simple everyday money to pay your bills.

    The trick: offer one and done products...nothing that actually requires work to deliver. More like mini-wso's.
    Signature
    The only group with more actionable info than any WSO → The Parlay Society
    Want me to write stuff for you? → Click here to check this out
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8759053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnFreshLeads
    Money niches, credit, debt, health & fitness, dieting, dating. These are consistent big money makers online when done right. Good luck to you.
    Signature

    A long-time reader and learner of the Warrior Forum. Now an active participant and contributor.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8759068].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FeelGoodIQ
      Self help niche.
      Signature

      Digital self improvement programs from stress relief, improving sleep, weight loss, relationship advice and more.

      www.feelgoodiq.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8759228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Luke Corden
    I gotta say I think business coaching and mentoring gives a fair bit of bang for its buck. I would like to get into that space one day. Right now I am in product development stages which I love but I definitely have aspirations to teach.

    In fact I made my first 'tutorial' today. It's about productivity and the tools I use to achieve it.

    Want to see it? I think it's alright for a first attempt. I'd love feedback.

    So You Want To Get Productive | Luke Corden: Aspirationalist
    Signature

    Check out www.lukecorden.com for 100% free listbuilding course, marketing tips, advice and tomfoolery
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8759835].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IzzuDino
    The big money gotta be in the "pain" niches. Health and fitness niche is great. But I prefer the make money online niche. Made my first income online in that particular niche.
    Build a nice sales funnel with a high end back end; coaching etc. Deliver content. People love no fluff non salesy kind of courses and products
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8760174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slin
    A few that I haven't seen others mention so much (except the guy above me):

    - Health, you can get high cpc in this niche.

    - Payday loans, definitely hard to get into, but it's a high money niche

    - Credit Repair, these guys pay lots of money for leads.

    - Forex Niche, once again extremely competitive, and extremely profitable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8760212].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    If everyone went to this 'place' where the big money is, it wouldn't be big money anymore.

    The big money is in your 'ability' to market and promote anything. The opportunity lies in your willingness to succeed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8760369].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      zzzz.......

      I only know now the latest craze is Bitcoin...

      mining...for it...

      I heard even Motherboard..out there there are few "label as ...bitcoin minning machine" aka I think it will mine faster perhaps....

      than we heard...incident..people invest just 23 bucks in the year 2009 now become 800k++ and one accidentally throw his HDD away..which contain lots of bitcoins..

      just yesterday I happen to see one news from hacker news..mention about a scam website...scam millions of bitcoins..


      just today...on CNN...china on bitcoins..never read that...because I don't really into it..

      now just want to concentrate...promoting clickbank stuffs..and affliated program
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8760379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dengkane
    Look for niches which have recurring sales, and not single sales.

    For example, in Internet marketing niche, there always are plenty of products & services available to sell. An example for single sales is various disease niches, if there are great medicines which can cure one disease forever, then you can only make a single sales to the customer, because he/she won't need your products any more after he/she cures his/her problem.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8760388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    One of my old friends ran a porn site that made silly amounts of cash.

    I haven't talked to him in years, but I know the site is going strong.

    That dude has Tony Sorpano money.

    (I laugh when people say that nobody buys sex anymore. They're incorrect).

    There's money everywhere really.

    Look at Alex Jones and Glenn Beck killing it in their respective niches.

    Look at the warriors killing it selling WSO's.

    People make tons of money selling digital products on Kindle.

    Look at major CPA companies; WeightLoss, Health, and Wealth will always be big. It's ingrained in the very nature of humanity.

    There's money everywhere.

    Just get your piece.

    :]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8760390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cyberzolo
    Selling wholesale items on eBay is where the real money is at.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8760510].message }}

Trending Topics