20 replies
Hello dear warriors

It's been two months now when I launched my first internet project, which is a squeeze page on the weight loss niche, I'm struggling with the traffic, I don't have too much money to put on paid traffic, I still have $20 on 7search and I'm thinking about promoting the product directly from clickbank and not even my squeeze page, in the hope of getting at least one sale.

Now to be honest I'm no expert in the weight loss niche, so if you guys have any ideas on how can I get traffic and how much money I will need to pay someone to do the work for me, please let me know and I want to know as well how can I get traffic to the facebook page I've made for the squeeze page in which I try to publish relevent content and good articles and pictures, till now 0 likes

I start feeling depressed about this huge failure, like I said this is my first attempt on internet marketing, hope you guys help me and I'll be very thankful.
#issue #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author petelta
    Try Facebook ads to your fan page. It's an easy way to find targeted buyers for any niche... especially the fitness niche. You can also join the community conversation through other groups and fan pages in the niche.

    If you build an active community as you build your following, your fan page will begin to get some organic growth from word of mouth. You can join other social media networks and do the same.

    Travis
    Signature
    TEESPRING Student Rakes In Over $116k In Less Than 3 Months
    Niche Pro Profits - How I raked in OVER $120k in 9 months with authority niche sites...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8641706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ValCDesigns
    Originally Posted by Hypno mind View Post

    I still have $20 on 7search and I'm thinking about promoting the product directly from clickbank and not even my squeeze page, in the hope of getting at least one sale.
    I'm afraid the traffic you'll be able to buy with $20 in this niche will be meaningless. And you never ever send the traffic directly to a sales page, especially when paying for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8642845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
    I'm thinking about changing the niche, should I have to do that or do I still have some hope?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8642878].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marty Foley
      Originally Posted by Hypno mind View Post

      I'm thinking about changing the niche, should I have to do that or do I still have some hope?
      I recommend that you diversify, never putting all your eggs in one basket...

      Especially starting out, until you know what's working for you and thus what deserves more focus, do not put all your resources and hopes for success on one niche, product, or traffic generation method.

      Test multiples of these, starting conservatively with your resources, until you find what works. Then expand on what's working by investing more resources in it.

      Even after you've found something that works for you, know that some unexpected change, event, or circumstance can wipe it all out overnight.

      The question is usually not if, but when something unexpected will hit you. Expect it, plan for it, and be ready for it. If you're diversified all is not lost.

      ~ Marty Foley / ConvertMoreTraffic.Com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8643662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lynn Terry
    It's going to be difficult (if not impossible) to build an active community or a readership/following on the topic if it's not a topic you're passionate about or actively doing yourself. You mentioned not being an expert. You don't have to be an expert, but you do need to be knowledgable enough to lead and provide and educate.

    You called it your "first attempt on Internet Marketing." My advice is to start a business instead. There's a big difference between "making money online" and starting a successful online business with long term profit potential.

    If this is not a topic you want to build a business around, and a niche you want to immerse yourself in for years, consider selling the rights to someone who IS serving that market.
    Signature
    Lynn Terry
    ClickNewz.com
    Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8643021].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
      Originally Posted by Lynn Terry View Post

      It's going to be difficult (if not impossible) to build an active community or a readership/following on the topic if it's not a topic you're passionate about or actively doing yourself. You mentioned not being an expert. You don't have to be an expert, but you do need to be knowledgable enough to lead and provide and educate.

      You called it your "first attempt on Internet Marketing." My advice is to start a business instead. There's a big difference between "making money online" and starting a successful online business with long term profit potential.

      If this is not a topic you want to build a business around, and a niche you want to immerse yourself in for years, consider selling the rights to someone who IS serving that market.
      What is the difference between making money online and starting a business?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8643621].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lynn Terry
        RE: There's a big difference between "making money online" and starting a successful online business with long term profit potential.

        Originally Posted by Hypno mind View Post

        What is the difference between making money online and starting a business?
        There are tons of ways to "make money online" including selling things on eBay, taking gigs on fiverr, doing a quick WSO even. The difference between that and a successful online business is that you are basically just doing it for the money - AND - when you stop, so does the cashflow.

        A real business revolves around serving a market, not around a model or a method.

        And both are totally fine in my opinion, for the record, depending on what you need and on your personal objectives. As for me, I needed a sustainable business I could enjoy that would serve as the sole source of income for my household - and that would also fund the lifestyle I wanted. Which is what I did. I also prefer to have multiple passive revenue sources for times I cannot actively work. Example: earlier this year I had unexpected surgery and an exceptionally long recovery and couldn't actively work for around ~6 months. It's times like that I'm grateful I invested in a solid business.

        Models, methods, policies, etc are all constantly changing. If your business revolves around serving a market, none of that negatively impacts you. Everything is just a means of achieving your real objective, not the foundation of your business. Meaning - if you rely on something like email marketing, Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising, etc. Those are things that you should use as a means of running your business - not as a business model.

        It's late here (1:45am) so I hope I explained that in a way that satisfied your question.

        I have nothing against a means of making money online. I've tried just about everything in my 16+ years. I once lost close to $40k in annual income overnight, due to an Adwords update. Fortunately that was a side gig, and not my whole business. I would hate for someone to "quit their day job" feeling secure with their online income, only to lose it all - and not realize they didn't have "a real business" at all.
        Signature
        Lynn Terry
        ClickNewz.com
        Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ViralMediaBoost
    As said above Facebook ads are one of the best ways to get traffic since it will only target people interested in that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8643026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DeanJames
    @Hypno mind - as you have next to no paid advertising budget you are going to have to grind it out with sweat equity or increase your means (i.e. services/job to get more $$$). The solution is very simple. Where does your target market go to solve their problem? That's where you should be building a presence.
    Signature
    Complete Blogging Course and List Building Kit:
    100% FREE Download - Click HERE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8643028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    That $20 with 7search probably wasn't a good idea. Try Bing Ads or Adwords instead. Also diversify with a wide variety of free marketing strategies. Paid advertising will bring you much faster results though... you can use this traffic to test and track things, and find out which approach is most profitable for you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8643638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Startingstartup
    This is the beauty behind becoming an entrepreneur; facing complete and total uncertainty. It magically becomes an internal issue. One that desperately seeks the permission and guided hand loving direction.

    You have to escape this, it totally has to happen before you can generate any momentum let alone sales, traffic, or your finite definition of success.

    This concept escapes every entrepreneur at first.

    You have to want it as bad as you want to breathe. - Eric Thomas.

    Then you'll know and then the rest is history!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Hypno mind View Post

    I'm thinking about promoting the product directly from clickbank and not even my squeeze page, in the hope of getting at least one sale.
    My suggestion is "don't even think about it". http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post7110523

    Originally Posted by Hypno mind View Post

    I'm no expert in the weight loss niche
    It isn't a niche. It's a "market", and one of the biggest in the world.

    I recommend Lynn Terry's very helpful and insightful post, up above.

    And perhaps a re-think about "niches". You need a niche that's suitable for you.

    Thought on niche-selection: ultimately, in one sense, it's about whether you want to sell metaphorical "jeans" (huge demand, but everyone else sells them too) or metaphorical "skating videos" (small but enthusiastic market and very, very few other suppliers). Most people try to sell jeans. Perhaps that's why so few people succeed.

    It's explained in more detail here: Niche Selection Roadblock
    And here: Weight Loss Market: Still Profitable ?
    And here: Most Lucrative niche in Internet Marketing?
    And here: Guess who is going to have the most profitable business?

    What pays my mortgage and bills and re-invests in my business is "my slice of the pie", not how big the pie is. I don't make a living out of the size of the pie. It isn't relevant to me at all. Only my slice feeds me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
    Thanks alexa, that was very helpful, so now I think I have to re-think the niche and re-work everything from the start again...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644260].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author clever7
      Originally Posted by Hypno mind View Post

      Thanks alexa, that was very helpful, so now I think I have to re-think the niche and re-work everything from the start again...
      Many people create websites about things they ignore, but they are excellent internet marketers and they can pay others to write good content for them. Since you are a beginner, you cannot do what the experts are doing.

      You have to make a marketing plan after finding buyers in a niche that you like and you know something about. You will have to promote your business and write many articles and newsletters for years - about the same topic.

      Therefore, don't simply create a website about something you ignore because you won't be able to deal with the promotion.



      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author haya
    Traffic. Is always the issue.

    If you dont have money, you have to be willing to WORK HARD manually to get it.

    Posting on Forums, Blogs, Joint Ventures .... AND MORE.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMDESTROYER
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Hypno mind View Post

    Hello dear warriors

    It's been two months now when I launched my first internet project, which is a squeeze page on the weight loss niche, I'm struggling with the traffic, I don't have too much money to put on paid traffic, I still have $20 on 7search and I'm thinking about promoting the product directly from clickbank and not even my squeeze page, in the hope of getting at least one sale.

    Now to be honest I'm no expert in the weight loss niche, so if you guys have any ideas on how can I get traffic and how much money I will need to pay someone to do the work for me, please let me know and I want to know as well how can I get traffic to the facebook page I've made for the squeeze page in which I try to publish relevent content and good articles and pictures, till now 0 likes

    I start feeling depressed about this huge failure, like I said this is my first attempt on internet marketing, hope you guys help me and I'll be very thankful.


    You need to educate yourself in that kind of marketing, buy a book on ad words, a course on facebook advertising, a book on SEO and maybe even a CPA book. Success in anything is education, if your failing it only means that you don't know what your doing. Spend 2/3 months studying then execute. FAILING TO PLAN IS PLANNING TO FAIL!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644712].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danielle Murphyx
    Banned
    Is your website and content SEO friendly?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8645524].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hypno mind
      Originally Posted by Danielle Murphyx View Post

      Is your website and content SEO friendly?
      It's just a squeeze page not a website
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646391].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arun@321
    Try FaceBook ads to get better sales. If you are running short of budget, try running a contest or giving giveaways which are some effective strategies to improve traffic & sales.
    Signature

    Regards,
    Arun
    Local SEO Manager
    Skype: sbd.sim
    Email: arun@submitinme.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adrianne_
    Once you increase your traffic, then what? Additional things
    to look at are the conversion of the traffic into leads or sales.
    Since you already have a squeeze page, use it with the purpose
    of capturing leads only, instead of trying to make a sale. Then
    use your followup series to close the sale for you. The content
    of your capture page should create enough curiosity that they
    will want to leave their info.
    Signature
    Request a FREE Starter Kit From This Direct Mail Order Company!!
    ~ No Stamps to Buy ~ No Envelopes to Stuff ~ Company Does All The Mailing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646418].message }}

Trending Topics