To start off, I bought solo ads from about 10 "good" providers in the past. Had some amazing results : over 50% opt-in and more and around 600 subscribers. However I spent around $950 for all those solo ads and when I look back, I can frankly say : That was money well WASTED!
Once more solo ads are good but only if you have spare cash you want to waste. Let me tell you about what I did in the past 7 days.
1) I learnt using Google Keyword Planner
2) I bought a PLR ebook worth under $10
3) I had a guy on Fiverr design me a landing page from $5
4) I used keyword planner to find some profitable keywords
I have now spent about $120 on adwords, have a list of 486 subscribers and have made 9 OTO sales ($10 per copy).
Therefore I only spent $30 to build my list.
I am too selfish and probably not nice enough to tell you what keywords I used. But hey who would give his goldmine away?
But I strongly advise you guys to start learning how to use PPC and google keywords planner. It would save you tons of money, specially if you're just getting started.
Let me give you a piece of advice though : Most gurus tell you to give a bribe and use the words free to build a list. I say no and put it clearly in my ads that I intend to sell something later on to my list so that I get mostly buyer material.
Hope this helps
More Information :
1) Most of my subscribers came from the USA
2) If you're bad at maths, then basically the point of this thread is to show that instead of paying $1000 in solo ads, you can get the same results for $30 if you put a little work in it.
3) I never use a CPC bigger than $0.05. If it goes above that, then I change keyword.
Thanks for the tip. There are guys on Fiverr that would find NICHE KEYWORDS for you. Low competition. Decent search volume. And, most importantly, COMMERCIAL VALUE.
If they really do have some nice keywords, then why sell it for $5 ?
From my own personal research, I have keywords which can get me around 500-1000 uniques per day at $0.02 cpc specific to weight loss niche
*Feeling like bragging*
If I had to sell those keywords to you, I would never give it to you for $5 ... Hell you'll need atleast $10 000 to get my attention ...
On a more serious note, if you learn to do it by yourself, you will be much more successful and find out that the best keywords are either sold for extreme prices or must be looked up by oneself.