Question About Gun and Ammo Affiliate Programs

15 replies
OK so I have something in the works which could allow me to sell guns and ammo to people online.

I'm from the UK though and I'm unsure if it is even possible for me to sign up for these kinds of affiliate programs considering I'm not a resident of the USA.

So does anybody know if I can sign up to these programs legally?
#affiliate #ammo #gun #programs #question
  • Profile picture of the author Max Anderson
    Sorry, I don´t know...

    But have you thaught about the moral consequences?
    I could never again sleep at night if a product I sold killed someone.

    Sorry, for being a moral-f... but well money isn´t everything
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8691329].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Stefan Shields
      Originally Posted by Max Anderson View Post

      Sorry, I don´t know...

      But have you thaught about the moral consequences?
      I could never again sleep at night if a product I sold killed someone.

      Sorry, for being a moral-f... but well money isn´t everything
      I'm not really one to think about the consequences of what I sell.

      Guns are legal, people sell them so why should I avoid the business?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8691375].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Max Anderson
        Originally Posted by Stefan Shields View Post

        I'm not really one to think about the consequences of what I sell.

        Guns are legal, people sell them so why should I avoid the business?
        I am not telling you to avoid it! It´s your decision, just wanted you to be aware of a possible issue
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8691446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luisveron
    You won't be able to use paypal if you do, read there terms before you try using them?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8692182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    Guns and ammo is just another niche, and one that's way bigger than most people here will suspect. There are some pretty huge forums relating to this topic [guns/ammo forums]. Go and spy on them and see how they're monetised.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8692397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Martel
    There is big money in this niche. I have a Facebook page that has exploded with fans.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8692777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TryBPO
    Uh-oh...another arms dealer! :-)

    I've seen some successful weapons/ammunition sites...we've sold a couple that were doing quite well via affiliate programs. It's an interesting niche, for sure...
    Signature
    Website Brokers - We can help you sell businesses making $500 to $50K per month.

    Free Website Valuation - How much is your website really worth? Find out here, free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8693030].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stefan Shields
    Guys I'm not asking if there is money to be made here, I want to know if I could sign up to these affiliate programs and make money from them as a UK resident.

    Or will I be totally blocked from doing it because guns are massively illegal over here?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8694371].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by Stefan Shields View Post

      Guys I'm not asking if there is money to be made here, I want to know if I could sign up to these affiliate programs and make money from them as a UK resident.

      Or will I be totally blocked from doing it because guns are massively illegal over here?
      That question can only be answered by the individual affiliate companies or affiliate managers

      al
      Signature
      "Theater, sports, movies, and church are all driven primarily by an ancient desire to be in each other’s proximity." ~David Marcus~
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8694412].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AffiliateBob
    Banned
    Your best bet would be to contact the affiliate provider. If you have made money from this affiliate in the past, then promoting products from them in another niche should be no different. If the affiliate has worked with you before, then I don't see why a different product would change their terms of service. Since you are only an affiliate and not the one actually selling the guns/ammo, then you should be fine. Otherwise you would need all kinds of licensing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8694440].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Even if you live in the USA, the licensing requirements are pretty strict. You need to have a Federal Firearms License yourself, or an arrangement with a licensed dealer.

      How that would affect you as an affiliate is, as someone pointed out, something for the individual affiliate managers to answer.

      I'm not sure how being in a country with strict firearms laws would affect referring people to a licensed dealer. IANAL, but I don't see the problem. Once the would-be buyer is referred, it's up to the actual seller to dot the t's and cross the i's...

      Which is also how I would address Max's concerns. In order for a gun to kill someone, a human being has to pick it up, load it, aim it at another human and pull the trigger. If someone I referred to a legal dealer made a legal purchase, I consider my hands clean.

      An online referral program is a far cry from selling hardware from the trunk of your car...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8695227].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Stefan Shields
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        Even if you live in the USA, the licensing requirements are pretty strict. You need to have a Federal Firearms License yourself, or an arrangement with a licensed dealer.

        How that would affect you as an affiliate is, as someone pointed out, something for the individual affiliate managers to answer.

        I'm not sure how being in a country with strict firearms laws would affect referring people to a licensed dealer. IANAL, but I don't see the problem. Once the would-be buyer is referred, it's up to the actual seller to dot the t's and cross the i's...

        Which is also how I would address Max's concerns. In order for a gun to kill someone, a human being has to pick it up, load it, aim it at another human and pull the trigger. If someone I referred to a legal dealer made a legal purchase, I consider my hands clean.

        An online referral program is a far cry from selling hardware from the trunk of your car...
        OK thanks for the help, I'll look into it further and see what happens. I think being approved will make me one of the biggest arm dealers in the UK lol

        Also as for the "clean hands" thing, I totally agree and have no reservations about selling weapons.

        The fact is, people kill.

        Are we going to destroy every kitchen knife and car in the world because people get killed by them?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8695377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt59000
    I think there is no affiliate market on the web for this, people who wants to buy guns go directly at the gun store, i recommend you to find another niche
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8695390].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by Matt59000 View Post

      I think there is no affiliate market on the web for this, people who wants to buy guns go directly at the gun store, i recommend you to find another niche
      I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong...

      There are several companies with affiliate programs for firearms, especially black powder hunting and historical replica guns. The trick, as I noted earlier, is that deliveries have to go through a licensed dealer, so that the appropriate paperwork and background checks are documented.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8698851].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Derek Player
        In my opinion, anything regarding firearms is risky business at this point. There are other affiliate programs available with less "red tape".
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8698910].message }}

Trending Topics