GET your own eCover Software - FREE TODAY ONLY!!!!

26 replies
Hey Warriors,

Just got an email from Giveaway of the Day....

They are offering a free copy of of the latest version of "Cover Commander" for today only.....It normally sells for US$69.00...

Here's the link (no affil.):
Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Cover Commander 3.0 - Cover Commander creates professional, custom-designed virtual boxes, books, dvd-boxes, manuals, CD disks, and screenshots.

Do yourself a favour, and sign up for GOTD to recieve daily downloads for free...

If you snooze you lose......

Regards

Greg
#create #ecovers #free #today
  • Profile picture of the author johnmags
    Hi Greg,

    Thanks for sharing this. Very useful
    Signature
    Are you looking for a Professional Content Writer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[812796].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greg Cooksley
      Hey John,

      My pleasure...

      Regards

      Greg
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[812804].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author debra
    Originally Posted by Greg Cooksley View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    Just got an email from Giveaway of the Day....

    They are offering a free copy of of the latest version of "Cover Commander" for today only.....It normally sells for US$69.00...

    Here's the link (no affil.):
    Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Cover Commander 3.0 - Cover Commander creates professional, custom-designed virtual boxes, books, dvd-boxes, manuals, CD disks, and screenshots.

    Do yourself a favour, and sign up for GOTD to recieve daily downloads for free...

    If you snooze you lose......

    Regards

    Greg
    Yeah...I downloaded it about an hour ago.

    I usually do all my ecovers in photoshop using actions.

    Guys/Gals, this made it much easier to get that web2.0 look to your ecovers that everyones after.

    You don't have to use photoshop either to make your images. You can use Gimp or whatever other image program you have because this package is a stand alone creator.

    Definately a thumbs up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[812836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mary Green
    I just got back from having a mac, I had forgotten all about this site. Now I will subscribe again. I hated missing out on all the software for windows just because i had a mac. I dont understand why they dont make it easier to use .exe files in a mac.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[812852].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alan Petersen
      Originally Posted by Mary Green View Post

      I just got back from having a mac, I had forgotten all about this site. Now I will subscribe again. I hated missing out on all the software for windows just because i had a mac. I dont understand why they dont make it easier to use .exe files in a mac.
      No kidding! That's a drawback of macs almost none of the IM related software is mac compatible without having do parallels and all that other junk. That's why I still keep my old Dell desktop handy so I don't miss out on good stuff like this. Thanks for the heads up Greg!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813531].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeff Henshaw
        Thanks for the share, Greg!

        I'll be buying this soon so I can actually use it for commercial stuff. Too bad the free version has this restriction. For those that missed that part in the usage licence, be careful.

        Grant
        That license seems a bit Giveawayoftheday "catch all" to me. Who the heck would download such software to use for personal use?

        Not many I suspect.

        Now I would never condone stealing, but if someone is offering such a program, they know full well that 90% plus of the downloads are going to occur for commercial use.

        I'd be interested to know how anyone could find, buy or view a finished file (created by this software in any of the finished formats) and then claim and more importantly prove, that it has been created by this particular software. It could have been created using anything.

        So I suspect that the vendor will be happy whoever downloads within the given 24 hour window of opportunity and will hope to reap the benefits of referals and recommendations who download later and pay.

        Probably a good marketing strategy, or a test.

        Oh - it's a darn good piece of software though, thanks to the OP.

        Just my thoughts.

        Jeff.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813661].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GrantFreeman
          Originally Posted by Jeff Henshaw View Post

          That license seems a bit Giveawayoftheday "catch all" to me. Who the heck would download such software to use for personal use?

          Not many I suspect.
          Hi Jeff,

          Good question. My best guess would possibly be people that would use a database program to catalog of all of their DVD's and other personal stuff. Might be great for insurance purposes.

          I think you're right about it being low demand today, just haven't put that much thought into the uses.

          I'd be interested to know how anyone could find, buy or view a finished file (created by this software in any of the finished formats) and then claim and more importantly prove, that it has been created by this particular software. It could have been created using anything.

          Jeff.
          Happens all the time with other images thanks to companies like Digimark, or online image libraries like Corbis, or Morguefile.

          Digimark offers service and products (Photoshop has a Digimark Plugin) that protect images so creative types can track/protect/claim their original works.

          Image libraries protect their submitted photos with these things to protect the author who uploaded the image.

          It would be simple for a computer program like this to include tracking code and/or a watermark in the images it creates, without the knowledge of the person using it.

          Especially if the software a givaway version.

          Grant
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813736].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jeff Henshaw
            Happens all the time with other images thanks to companies like Digimark, or online image libraries like Corbis, or Morguefile.

            Digimark offers service and products (Photoshop has a Digimark Plugin) that protect images so creative types can track/protect/claim their original works.
            Thanks Grant - as I have said in posts before, one can learn something new on this forum every day.

            Regards,
            Jeff.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zuberr
    Thanks for letting us know Greg. You just saved my $69. I have been looking for a good ecover software to buy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[812860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyf
    Greg,

    Thanks for the info! I was just looking for this stuff again today. I haven't tried it yet, but it appears that people like it.

    One question...

    Is there a package that you recommend that has all kinds of pre-designed graphics and text? This seems to be popular now and I see all kinds of web sites that have cool looking "Click Here", "Pay Now"....etc... Also, some of these graphics are used on headers too.

    I saw a package a while back, but I can't remember what it was. Maybe someone else can jump in with a recommendation.

    Thanks again!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[812893].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greg Cooksley
      Originally Posted by Andyf View Post

      Greg,

      Thanks for the info! I was just looking for this stuff again today. I haven't tried it yet, but it appears that people like it.

      One question...

      Is there a package that you recommend that has all kinds of pre-designed graphics and text? This seems to be popular now and I see all kinds of web sites that have cool looking "Click Here", "Pay Now"....etc... Also, some of these graphics are used on headers too.

      I saw a package a while back, but I can't remember what it was. Maybe someone else can jump in with a recommendation.

      Thanks again!
      Hey Andy,

      There's a Warrior by the name of Max Rylski who produces awesome graphics...

      There is some stuff that he has provided for free:

      http://www.graphicsclubmonthly.com/blog/

      Hopefully that will help you...

      Regards

      Greg
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[812906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hackbridge
    With the software, can you only create the ecover images and then add text in another program?

    Thanks for letting us know. I downloaded and it's looking okay.

    Brian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author waken
    Surprise to see Warriors compliments for this piece of crap...
    There's no way to remove the overriding "trial" from the image created without getting the full version.

    Anyway, thanks!


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813049].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BarCoder
      Waken,

      I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. It comes with a Readme.txt that contains a name and serial for you to enter. I entered it, and the trial watermarks no long appear on my images.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813058].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author waken
        Originally Posted by BarCoder View Post

        Waken,

        I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. It comes with a Readme.txt that contains a name and serial for you to enter. I entered it, and the trial watermarks no long appear on my images.
        Holy! I think I'm a bit tired today. Sorry.
        My bad!

        Apology Greg!
        Waken

        P.S. Argh.. I need to take a nap..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813079].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Greg Cooksley
          Originally Posted by waken View Post

          Holy! I think I'm a bit tired today. Sorry.
          My bad!

          Apology Greg!
          Waken

          P.S. Argh.. I need to take a nap..

          No offence taken Waken,

          I should have pointed out that, as with all GOTD offers, you have to activate and register the software to be given the full version.....

          Hopefully everyone finds this useful...

          Only 11 hours left before this offer closes....

          Enjoy

          Greg
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813318].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author capriliz
        Some comments have been made that a malicious code is trying to be installed on their computer when trying to open the program.

        Has anyone else had that problem?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813092].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Hackbridge
          Originally Posted by capriliz View Post

          Some comments have been made that a malicious code is trying to be installed on their computer when trying to open the program.

          Has anyone else had that problem?
          I've got live trojan/virus/malware detection software running and it didn't detect anything. I did see that message but nothing's happened.

          Brian
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813150].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hackbridge
      Sorry but did you read the "readme.txt"? Because it has the name and license code to remove it, like I did.

      Installation

      Unzip the package you`ve downloaded and install the software by running Setup.exe,
      then register the software in the "Help --> Register" using the License name and key provided.

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      License name:

      GiveAwayOfTheDay-05-09

      License code:

      000GUY-RH030Z-469EDA-939FR5-AX05PY-TXHVBG
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------


      You have to install it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over.

      Terms and conditions

      Please note that the software you download and install
      during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:
      1) No free technical support
      2) No free upgrades to future versions
      3) Strictly non-commercial usage
      Don't know if that code will work for yours??

      Originally Posted by waken View Post

      Surprise to see Warriors compliments for this piece of crap...
      There's no way to remove the overriding "trial" from the image created without getting the full version.

      Anyway, thanks!


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813105].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shakul
    Thanks for the software

    Shakul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GrantFreeman
    Thanks for the share, Greg!

    I'll be buying this soon so I can actually use it for commercial stuff. Too bad the free version has this restriction. For those that missed that part in the usage licence, be careful.

    Grant
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813526].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greg Cooksley
      Good point Grant...

      I missed that restriction first time round as well..

      Regards

      Greg
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author petevamp
    thanks pal I am checking it out now. I have had a book about 3/4 for a long time but did not want to send it out with a crap cover art thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813684].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author meisters
    This is great software and I get it for FREE. Thanks Greg for sharing this usefull software.

    regards,
    meisters
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author charlesburke
    Thanks for the heads-up Greg. I've been using another program to... generate... my ecovers, and find this new utility more versatile.

    As for the "personal use" restriction, I'm willing to bet that it's a phrase they use just in case. For example, if somebody uses their software to run an ecovers business but they they never pay for a copy, that phrase would be a useful thing to have in the agreement.

    Anyway, thanks again.

    Cheers from warm and smiling Thailand,
    Charles
    Signature
    MisterEbook.com
    Special offer for all Warrior authors... MisterEbook.com/warriorsonly.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[813883].message }}

Trending Topics