That's okay, because I expected that when I first decided to quit my job back in May of 2012. I pay my mortgage and other bills from the income that I make through other means (room rentals, eBay, live music gigs, freelance gigs). My plan was to free up my time so that I could focus the majority of my energy on creating an IM business. I now have all the time in the world to do that, so I'm open to suggestions.
I'm at this EVERYDAY, almost ALL DAY....and I'm not quite sure if my time is being used wisely.
Here's what I've done so far since I have taken the plunge into IM:
- Created 6 eBooks (not short little 10 pagers either....4 of them are over 65 pages long in PDF, single-spaced, 12 point font)
- Created a nice website with a great deal of free content
- Learned how to write, format, and file convert eBooks
- Learned how to monitor my traffic
- Created several different mailing lists for several of the different things I offer as "freebies" from my site
- Learned how to use social networking sites other than just FaceBook
- Set up my profiles on many social networking sites
- Uploaded my books to Amazon and Smashwords
Now, I try to put myself on a schedule with the ultimate goal to gain traffic to my website and get people onto my mailing list....
I've decided that I'd spend Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays working on:
- Creating new eBooks
- Researching ideas for new eBooks
- promoting my current eBooks
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays:
- Create fresh new content for my website (blog posts and/or videos)
- Promote my website via. forum posting
- Promote through social networking (add people, retweet, try and gain likes and followers)
- Learn about new social media sites that I don't already know about (such as Google plus)
Okay, so I'm on that schedule for the most part. However, I then decided that for all of this work which has the long-term goal of building a following to which I can sell my products and affiliate products to; I decided that I should focus more of my efforts on MAKING MONEY NOW....
So some additional things that I've done recently:
- Created a profile on Fiverr and posted my first gig
- Created a profile on eLance and bid on some freelance gigs
- I also decided to package all 6 of my eBooks together and create a new product which is a "course". I gave the course a new title, and a cool new cover design. I'm hiring a copyrighter to create a sales page for me for $275, and I will put this sales page on Clickbank for affiliates to promote.
So that's basically how I spend my days these days...However, I'm not really making any money from all this, and it's kinda frustrating.
What's happening (or not happening for that matter):
- I'm not getting many views on my Free guitar lesson videos on YouTube.
- I'm having trouble getting people to check out my site, and it's really demotivating when it comes time to really start forum posting and playing around on social networking site (which is really boring to me considering I don't even know if it's worth my time).
- I was having a nice little rush of sales for the one eBook that I had listed for $0.99, and so I made all of my eBooks $0.99....but now it seems as if my Kindle account is a ghost town! NO SALES FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW!
- I'm struggling to even get 1 new "like" per day on my Facebook fan page. I've been trying to do things such as commenting, sharing, posting new pictures, and liking other peoples' comments....but to no avail.
- I'm finding myself scratching my head as to how I'd even attempt to build my traffic numbers up.
So that's that....It's getting frustrating because it seems that the more time and effort I put into all this, the LESS return I'm getting!!!
My "niche" is the "lifestyle design" for Musician's Niche.
I am a musician who decided to leave his 9 to 5 job in the pursuit of following his passion, which is to play live music as "my job", and spend the remainder of my free time focusing on earning a nice living for myself (which is where the IM comes into play).
I write both inspirational books and books explaining how I make enough money to cover my bills...this all allows me to live the life that I want to live without the need of a job.
However, I'd like to make more money and become successful through IM...and that's why I reach out to you guys! I don't think that "lack of action" is my problem here....I just think that maybe I'm missing a much larger point!
Thanks for reading this long post!
P.S. - I can post pictures to my website if requested, but I don't want to be accused of self-promoting. Therefore, I didn't post it here.