What's a fair salary for this DM job?

by J50
8 replies
Ok, I am a 24 years old with 8 years Digital Marketing experience from the UK.

I have been hunted for a digital marketing job, basically I'll be managing the whole lot for a medium-ish sized company. Plus I'll also be doing some business development on the side too, i.e. attract new clients and increase the spend of existing ones - plus some other odd jobs like maintaining some company hardware.

In GBP £ what kind of salary do you think this kind of role commands?

Thanks!
#fair #job #salary
  • Profile picture of the author cuie
    Check out glassdoor dot com.

    I'd think salary would be something between 40-60 k GBP yearly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author w4rrenz
    About 30-40K these days, with 8 years experience probably looking at pushing towards to the higher end.

    If you can get on target bonuses on top from the biz dev side of things you could push that up potentially, and I would expect some type of benefits in this role.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Smale
    Where are you based? In London you should be looking at around £30-£35k at your age with that experience. Outside of London, you can probably take £5-10k off that.

    Source: I have staff in London of a similar age, similar experience, similar role and they are paid in that range.
    Signature
    I specialize in selling websites over $10,000 in value. No obligation, confidential valuation here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735978].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author J50
      Originally Posted by Thomas Smale View Post

      Where are you based? In London you should be looking at around £30-£35k at your age with that experience. Outside of London, you can probably take £5-10k off that.

      Source: I have staff in London of a similar age, similar experience, similar role and they are paid in that range.
      Hi Thomas,

      I'm based in the North West of England.

      Thanks for your reply, that's around what I had in my head too.

      - Chris
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8741746].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Thomas Smale
        Originally Posted by J50 View Post

        Hi Thomas,

        I'm based in the North West of England.

        Thanks for your reply, that's around what I had in my head too.

        - Chris
        Maybe a little less then, depending how formal your "8 years" of experience is. I think anything over £25k would be reasonable - although I have no idea of your personal circumstances/whether or not you make more elsewhere (e.g. doing IM).
        Signature
        I specialize in selling websites over $10,000 in value. No obligation, confidential valuation here.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8741770].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cuie
          Originally Posted by Thomas Smale View Post

          Maybe a little less then, depending how formal your "8 years" of experience is. I think anything over £25k would be reasonable - although I have no idea of your personal circumstances/whether or not you make more elsewhere (e.g. doing IM).
          Whoa, is the pay level really that crappy in UK? That's like £2,000 / month. For a marketing manager.

          In Scandinavia you get that for as a waiter.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8741804].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Casaken
    Your looking at around 45k to 75k in Canada, depending on your experience and qualifications.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8744704].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aleksbogata
    The size of the company definitely makes a difference. Do you have any formal education in marketing? How do you have 8 years experience at 24 years of age... It's a competitive market out there right now. I don't know of any 24 year old without a degree making that sort of money (except in their own businesses of course!). £20-£30K is what you should expect.
    Signature
    Who's your favourite coach/mentor: Alex Jeffreys -v- Kenster -v- Stuart Ross?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8745298].message }}

Trending Topics