WordPress List building plugin

17 replies
Hey everyone, I'm looking to start building a list for a hookah site that I run. Just kinda in the research phase right now so I'm looking for some input. I'm already pretty sure that I'm going to go with Aweber, but I'm still unsure about how to integrate it with my site.

Just wondering what plugin people use to help get email subscribers. Looking for something that has a nice interface and has lots of options such as conversion rate analytics, split testing, add-on to comments, popup light-box, highly customizable, etc...

Thanks!
#building #email #list #plugin #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author CarlosFarfan2012
    Hi,

    What are you looking for exactly? an optin generator for your site, a squeeze page plugin/theme or a tracking tool? or maybe all in one tool?
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8790527].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chaotic squid
      Originally Posted by CarlosFarfan2012 View Post

      Hi,

      What are you looking for exactly? an optin generator for your site, a squeeze page plugin/theme or a tracking tool? or maybe all in one tool?
      Yea pretty much an optin email generator with tracking/ analytics that can be customized. Any other additional functionality would be nice too like a sticky footer sign up form or a comment add-on too, but nothing to do with a squeeze page.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8790579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author asuran
    Originally Posted by chaotic squid View Post

    Hey everyone, I'm looking to start building a list for a hookah site that I run. Just kinda in the research phase right now so I'm looking for some input. I'm already pretty sure that I'm going to go with Aweber, but I'm still unsure about how to integrate it with my site.

    Just wondering what plugin people use to help get email subscribers. Looking for something that has a nice interface and has lots of options such as conversion rate analytics, split testing, add-on to comments, popup light-box, highly customizable, etc...

    Thanks!
    I think popupdomination or leadmagner are ones which you can rely on.
    If you wnat to use some sneaky strategies too than I recommend trustkjacker.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8790733].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author whysoserious
      Originally Posted by asuran View Post

      I think popupdomination or leadmagner are ones which you can rely on.
      If you wnat to use some sneaky strategies too than I recommend trustkjacker.
      I think apart from popupdomination and lead manager....leadpages is another great all in one list buiding system.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8794104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jtraits
    there are tons of subscribing plugins, one of them "my-subscriber". it automatically saves the emails and first name/last name and then you export it to a .csv
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8790820].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chaotic squid
    Cool, thanks for the suggestions. I've heard of popup domination a few times before so I'll look more into that. Any other suggestions? Has anyone tried optin monster?

    OptinMonster - Best WordPress Popup and Lead Generation Plugin

    Seems pretty cool, and has a nice interface. Just seems kinda limiting in that there's only a few different designs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8792076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    List building should NOT be done ever through WP.

    WP is a CMS and if you try to "build a list" via your WP installation... your host will kick your a$$ sooner or later.

    All the plugins that claim to help you in your list building rely on sending mail via your host server - and your host will not be happy about it.

    Get an AR (autoresponder) - either a 3rd party service or a pro script that uses well-known mail servers.

    That's the professional way to go about it. Everything else is just nonsense.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8792096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chaotic squid
      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      List building should NOT be done ever through WP.

      WP is a CMS and if you try to "build a list" via your WP installation... your host will kick your a$$ sooner or later.

      All the plugins that claim to help you in your list building rely on sending mail via your host server - and your host will not be happy about it.

      Get an AR (autoresponder) - either a 3rd party service or a pro script that uses well-known mail servers.

      That's the professional way to go about it. Everything else is just nonsense.
      Not planning on sending mail through my host at all. Like I said before I'm planning on getting Aweber for emails and as an autoresponder. Simply looking for a plugin that can display email sign up fields that would connect with the Aweber API
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8792171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    Simply looking for a plugin that can display email sign up fields that would connect with the Aweber API
    Why would anybody need a plugin (to make their WP install slower) for something that simple???

    The one line JS code given to you by Aweber for any of the hundreds of optin forms that you can edit and customize live on their site... can be placed anywhere in a WP site:
    - in any template (index, page, single etc.) as inline or popup;
    - in any plain text widget in the sidebar

    People just like to over-compliacte things and asking for plugins for even the most trivial and simplest tasks.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8792230].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chaotic squid
      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      Why would anybody need a plugin (to make their WP install slower) for something that simple???

      The one line JS code given to you by Aweber for any of the hundreds of optin forms that you can edit and customize live on their site... can be placed anywhere in a WP site:
      - in any template (index, page, single etc.) as inline or popup;
      - in any plain text widget in the sidebar

      People just like to over-compliacte things and asking for plugins for even the most trivial and simplest tasks.
      I understand that with Aweber you can insert the code to have their email forms show up on your site without a plugin, but are there analytics to show impressions and conversions rate of the forms then? can you split test the forms from Aweber? Can you add an email subscribe checkboxes to site comments from Aweber?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8792289].message }}
      • I personally would not use an AWeber form on my website. Those stock forms are outdated. Download this free WordPress plugin that creates a great looking side form for your blog. It's free.

        Armando
        Signature

        FREE Report Will Reveal How You Can Drive Massive Targeted U.S. Traffic Using 12 FREE Methods

        http://websitetraffichandbook.com/

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8792846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zioncg
    Good suggestions all... Mailchimp offers a very bare code that can be easily modded to fit your site's theme.
    Signature

    WP-Client :: WordPress Web Portal Management Plugin

    The #1 WordPress Plugin for Business

    http://wp-client.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8835538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
    You get an Aweber account, customize the form through Aweber and then you copy and paste their javascript code into a text box on your site and you'll have a pretty looking opt in box on your sidebar. No plugin needed.

    You can also post the html code directly into your posts and pages if you want in content opt ins and so on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8837010].message }}

Trending Topics