If you people make so much money blogging/selling/etc...

66 replies
Why are you so willing to give/sell your secrets?

It's like everyone has the 'top secret' formula to 'overnight success' that I can make '$15,934.01' in a day. If it's so successful why do you feel the need to try and make more money selling these 'goldmine' tips?

Why don't you just kick back and make your money because from what I can see everyone here is making bank anyway...why sell your tricks and saturate the market with your secrets? Seems self destructive to me...
#make #money #people
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisJamesG
    Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

    why do you feel the need to try and make more money
    You've answered you're own question...entrepeneurs, as a whole, like making money; if they can make more, even if they don't need it, they will.
    Signature
    *** 10,000+ Private Label Rights Niche Articles
    *** 90+ Private Label Rights Internet Marketing Articles
    *** 50+ Private Label Rights eBooks

    [ALL FREE] Private Label Rights - CLICK HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830372].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830374].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stevenh512
      Originally Posted by Art Turner View Post

      What do you mean, "you people?"
      What do you mean, "you people?" (Tropic Thunder.. great movie.. lol)

      Back to the OP's question.. if you have a method or system that makes you money and you can teach other people how to do it without creating so much competition that it hurts your business, why not help people get to where you are and make a little extra money in the process? I don't know anyone who doesn't want to make more money than they're making now, it "feels good" to help people and see them succeed, and competition isn't always a bad thing as long as you don't "saturate" your market.. so why not make more money by helping people?
      Signature

      This signature intentionally left blank.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amnesia623
    ha ha...
    "you people"

    I guess that has a negative connotation in today's world.

    But don't you think selling your secrets would saturate the market and your secrets will no longer be valid? Because honestly, all the secrets I have read are the same.

    I'm not trying to poo-poo on things, but it does sound like your selling yourself short?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Carl Kelly
    I also mentor and do live seminars on online marketing. I do it because I enjoy it, and I like to help others. Someone helped me a long time ago, so I enjoy doing the same.
    Signature
    Read this SURPRISING REPORT Before You Buy ANY WSO! Click Here
    FREE REPORT: Split Test Your Landing Pages the Easy Way
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tyrus Antas
    Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

    Why are you so willing to give/sell your secrets?
    Because there is no secret.
    Because sometimes it's possible to make more money selling information than implementing it.
    Because many of these people haven't actually made the money they claim to have made.

    Tyrus
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830387].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MacFreddie
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Tyrus Antas View Post

      Because there is no secret.

      Tyrus

      That's not true.

      I don't believe that any one person has 1 secret, but a few maybe know what works very efficiently and may be overlooked.

      I have several secrets that make me a ton of money, very few people know these secrets.

      I happen to know what has a chance to work and what won't. Most people don't have Vision.

      I'm not willing to share, but I can tell you I recently bought a program that offered great advice that very few people are implementing.

      I recently purchased a program for $197 that made me $9,000 in 1 week. I would have never thought of this idea.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830457].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Anonymous Affiliate View Post

      This is the truth and whoever tells you otherwise is lying."Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach". And trust me if I say that that statement is 100% accurate. When someone is spending more efforts in teaching than doing... then he's not making as much as he claims.

      There's too much BS on IM now a days.
      There's plenty of BS but there are also a lot of teachers who teach what they know and are very successful at doing what they teach. I've been taught by a select few and the number of valuable teachers grows over time for me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[833701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SullyUI
    The truth is most of the "secrets" that IMers sell are just rehashed fundamentals that you can find for free anywhere, or they are just marketing fads that become useless in a few months. Many IM products are not worth much at all because like you said, no one is going to sell a true secret for marketing at a low price, although there's a few dolts who will.

    There are higher priced and high quality products like Traffic Secrets and Mass Control; the price is so high because the product really has useful information in it, and it keeps out the non-serious people.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830388].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author braintjy
      There is already so much knowledge in the online realm. If people don't sell their knowledge, then people who seek organized information to learn from won't have the supply.

      It's like an economic question, if you don't have the demand, you don't need the supply. People can make more and more money if they have/pretend to have the knowledge and sell it out. Even if others learn from it, there are few who will actually apply them, plus as I have said, the online realm consists of unlimited opportunities and products, plus as easy as the people who sells products online sound, they did put in a lot of hard work to start the system going.

      That's my two cents worth =)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ebizman87
    It's called "make money with secrets" principle...Since people are always curious to hear the secrets, they don't mind paying big bucks FOR it even though it'a piece of junk..

    And...

    Once the curious people have learned enough secrets, they'll sell their secrets to other seekers as they'll follow the "make money with secrets" principle again..
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megaresp
      Originally Posted by ebizman87 View Post

      Once the curious people have learned enough secrets, they'll sell their secrets to other seekers as they'll follow the "make money with secrets" principle again..
      Indeed. I sometimes wonder if there's more to be learned from the sales copy found on some of these 'secrets' sites, than there is in the material they're selling.

      Of course, those sales pages are designed to appeal to a certain buyer. So you'll only learn how to sell to that buyer, should you copy the format they're using.
      Signature

      66 ways to get links (and traffic) to your site.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CurtisN
    The reason why most people who try to make money online fail is because their only intention is to make money online.

    You need to have two goals in mind when you do Internet marketing: to make piles of money and to help people (make money online, stop dog from barking, lose weight, etc.).

    If your sole purpose for being here (both the WF and in IM) is to make money online, then you're leaving money on the table.

    Curtis
    Signature
    Curtis Ng (blog) - Product Launch Manager
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Clint
    Do you want to really know the truth?

    What the truth is that there is a lot of fraud out there on the Internet by people saying they're something they're not. But on the flip side, there is also people that are actually what they say there are anything easily decipher between the two. If you understand the inner workings of someone that truly wants to give back. Not only for the money, but personal fulfillment.


    What to look for when seeking information.


    Anyone that you come across that over delivers (meaning gives you more back in value. Then you feel you paid them) is looking for something more than just a little bit of extra cash from you. These are the people you want to follow and listen to.
    Signature

    How do I quickly go from $0 to $500 a day?....
    =====> Click here to find out how (VIP)

    You only have a week to stay ahead of your competition, System To Secret Wealth is here
    =====> Click here to grab your spot (WSO)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830472].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author embrown
      I agree, that the info is out there, and sometimes free, you just have to research, try and tweak it, etc.

      People selling 'money making secrets' make money of of those those don't want to research themselves or need a quick jump start. I don't think it saturates the market, because most of the people who buy a 'system' like that either get into it and find out its not for them or too hard; doubt that it'll work, even having read all the info and never actually implement anything; or just don't get - there may be more but thats all I could think of.

      I just got into IM, but I've seen this before and this what I've always thought about it. Anyone ever heard of Carlton Sheets and his "No Money Down" real estate series. My grandmother and I have it and was successful in one of the techniques - after a lot of hard work and trail and error. We kept going even after the investment group we started all bailed out because they didn't believe it could work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AnthonyWilson
    There is an expression which goes something along the lines of...

    ...by helping others you are helping yourself.....

    This is especially true if you can provide genuine help, the type which only comes with experience. This is probably the true secret.

    On this forum we are generally all involved in selling/marketing products & services related to marketing/selling products & services. It's like buying a book titled "How to Sell Books".

    So you buy this book (from someone who has learnt how to sell books), you read it and in theory know how to sell books. If you then take action you may begin to sell books, slowly to start with, but with experience you get better at it and start to sell lots of books.

    Then what do you do? You decide to write a book called "How I made $10,000 selling books". This will be very similar to the original that you read but you will add your own spin on it from your personal experiences and hopefully add more vaule.

    But what if there is someone else out there with more experience than you, he's got a book called "How I made $1,000,000 selling books". In that case you need to learn more marketing techniques and strategies if your going to have any success in the "How To Sell Books Market". At this point you may well buy the "How I Made $1,000,000 selling books".

    So the market is self perpetuating.

    This is in reality what is going on but there are so many variables and sub-niches involved that we can all add our own unique spin to what is fundamentally the same marketing system and therefore appeal to different people at different levels and budgets.


    PS

    There are plenty of people who pretend to be successful, using this analogy they would write a book titled "How I Made $10,000,000 by Selling Books", even if they have really made ZERO. If however you look at the styles of those that "walk the walk" compared to the "talkers" it should be clearly apparent.

    e.g. Compare the product launch sequences of credible marketers such as Kern & Morin etc compared to a newbie claiming to make $100,000 per month with a page full of flashing affiliate banners and links like tinyurl.com/7tdg92hxxop
    Signature

    -------------------- Video Tutorials with PLR or MRR
    --------------------

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Giannetti
    either that or they are not making squat.
    fake it until you make it....which I think is the case with 90% on this forum
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830814].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author taberdude2
      This has got to be one of the best threads I've seen about IM so far.It's nice to see some honesty. I've always wondered about ebooks /your own product.After I have purchased and seen so many ebooks, just about every ebook is the same-a new twist on the same old techniques and it seems newbies are targeted.

      Deanna
      Signature

      Failure is the path of least persistence. - George M. Van Valkenburg, Jr


      Local Citations & Listings Made EZ!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830847].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author amnesia623
      Originally Posted by Joe Giannetti View Post

      either that or they are not making squat.
      fake it until you make it....which I think is the case with 90% on this forum
      So then 90% of the $15,909,01 made in one day claims on this forum is a load of BS?

      What I'm gathering is that most of info and ebooks found here are just rehashed information freely available online? That there really is no million dollar secret?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830921].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author petevamp
        Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

        So then 90% of the $15,909,01 made in one day claims on this forum is a load of BS?

        What I'm gathering is that most of info and ebooks found here are just rehashed information freely available online? That there really is no million dollar secret?
        No there is a secret but do you seriously think anyone is really going to give away the actual secret. We all just keep telling you steps needed to take to start making a living online. It is up to the individual to figure out the true secret them selves. With all the information in most of the books that are haded it. It give you an outline of what you should be doing. We also market them saying that the second you get this information. You will start making money instantly. For someone who has been doing this for a long time as I have we all know this is a line of bs. It took me a very long time to get to where I am today. In another year or so I will have made enough money to retire at the age of 33. This is only because I know how to get subscribers and to keep them. You shoud again read a the post above those will help you. Although they are only guide lines. Which is all the books really are. You follow the guide lines and you too can start making some serious money online. It is up to you to find the true secret. Ill give you a small hit research then research again and again.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830962].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jesica-inc
        Banned
        Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

        So then 90% of the $15,909,01 made in one day claims on this forum is a load of BS?

        What I'm gathering is that most of info and ebooks found here are just rehashed information freely available online? That there really is no million dollar secret?
        Sounds like you are looking for the 'easy' button.

        Why do people pay $10k + to go to college?

        To LEARN somthing.

        Do they all end up getting the job of their dreams. NO

        CASE in point: when you pay $xx for an ebook , you are hoping to learn somthing new that will help you make money.

        It's up to YOU to take action and use what you learned to make money.

        There is bi big EASY button.

        Here's the formula:

        Educate yourself - knowledge - apply it - aquire more knowledge - apply it - more knowledge - apply it.

        The knowledge part is where you invest in a ebook or a course that has Been written by someone who is making money or whatever your desired outcome is.

        You should be thankful they are even willing to teach you their knowledge (secrets )
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831112].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SuiteJ

          Here's the formula:

          Educate yourself - knowledge - apply it - aquire more knowledge - apply it - more knowledge - apply it.
          I can't believe you just gave away the secret formula without packaging it first!!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[840716].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KentuckyJeff
        Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

        So then 90% of the $15,909,01 made in one day claims on this forum is a load of BS?

        What I'm gathering is that most of info and ebooks found here are just rehashed information freely available online? That there really is no million dollar secret?

        Unfortunately, greed is the motivating factor in many (most ?) of the money-making opportunities you see online. I have bought a few products that were decent, but I've returned far more. Even many of the good products contain much of the same old, but accurate information.

        If you see a product/course/ebook that claims you'll make an insane amount of money, I'd go with your gut feeling...and run.

        You mention info and ebooks found here. I really don't have much experience buying in this forum, but I know there's many people that are highly regarded, with products that look to be top-notch. However, the only $17 WSO I bought was a major disappointment. I was surprised someone would actually charge money for it, wait, no I wasn't!!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831590].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Web Dummie
        Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

        So then 90% of the $15,909,01 made in one day claims on this forum is a load of BS?

        What I'm gathering is that most of info and ebooks found here are just rehashed information freely available online? That there really is no million dollar secret?


        Depends on how you look at it....

        you can sell a site for 50k, the deposit takes place in one day. But the work entailed took a bit longer.

        everything is free, google it or visit the library. Education is free, the benefits of attending an accredited school is, it structures the information for you to make more sense of it in a timely manner, and you get the piece of paper that lets employers know you can complete an endeavor. I've figured out that my most valuable asset is time, and if someone can teach me something that allows me to have more of it, than I'm willing to pay.

        The million dollar secret is, take action.

        The IM get rich quick dream is no different than the weight loss dream. No one wants to work for it, they look for the quick answer that does not take any effort, buy the program with the best sales letter, read the first couple of pages, take no action, let it sit on their computer and finally say that program was no good and it doesn't work. Then they start looking for the next answer that will make them all the money in the world just by purchasing and thinking about it. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Kinda like everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

        This does not apply to everyone, as statistics reflect.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tommygadget
    Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

    Why are you so willing to give/sell your secrets?
    Funny thing is that most people don't implement tried and true methods that are free and openly available.

    TomG.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830827].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author taberdude2
      As for the "secret" to making money online, In my opinion there is no secret- pick a strategy that works for you and take action! No secret there.

      Deanna
      Signature

      Failure is the path of least persistence. - George M. Van Valkenburg, Jr


      Local Citations & Listings Made EZ!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830851].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Intrepreneur
        I had this exact same thought today then thought.. what the heck.. of course, they will because they want more money, like any entrepreneur would.
        Signature

        Owner easiery.com

        Started in 2009 now working on the above project.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[830871].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ryce
        Originally Posted by taberdude2 View Post

        As for the "secret" to making money online, In my opinion there is no secret- pick a strategy that works for you and take action! No secret there.

        Deanna
        Same with other niches, DIETING for example. Pretty much any health diet you stick with WILL WORK. It is a matter of finding one that suites you psych and/or your routine.

        Good workout regimen and eat healthy food. THATS IT !!

        But people are always looking for a "get _______ quick" scheme.

        Or a magic bullet or a no pain solution or shortcuts so they can stuff their faces with coke and junkie food while they watch fcuking LOST all day
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[833128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Colin Evans
    Why are you so willing to give/sell your secrets?

    It's like everyone has the 'top secret' formula to 'overnight success' that I can make '$15,934.01' in a day. If it's so successful why do you feel the need to try and make more money selling these 'goldmine' tips?
    Because it's another income stream.


    Why don't you just kick back and make your money because from what I can see everyone here is making bank anyway...why sell your tricks and saturate the market with your secrets? Seems self destructive to me...
    Because only 1 or 2 out over every 100 people will ever use the information, and the internet is a massive market. Market saturation is something people scared of competition worry about - Competition is good, it weeds out the undesirable.


    I agree, that the info is out there, and sometimes free, you just have to research, try and tweak it, etc.
    Either that or buy an infoproduct which saves the time it takes to do the research.
    Signature

    Sig not working today - too hung over...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ken_p
    the reason it sells, is because people want to take the easy route. the one that has been proven already that makes money. that's why people are going to keep on buying 'secrets' when in fact its just all there, its up to you, to put it all together and make it work for you.
    Signature
    hates the rain
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
    It could be any number of reasons.

    1. The method isn't working as well as it once did so sell the technique for quick money before it stops all together.

    2. Someone decided to tell others so bundle it and sell it before it's over ran.

    3. You can make far more and easier money selling the secret than it makes.

    4. Most people will not follow the secrets so it's just bonus money.

    5. Some people like to help others succeed. Although if they really did, they would charge less or give away a lot of the secrets.

    6. So someone like you can ask this question every few weeks.

    Garrie
    Signature
    Screw You, NameCheap!
    $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

    SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    There are people who just like to share information - regardless of the financial implications.

    I've never held back anything when talking to people about what works for me - I don't think that worrying about other people making money is a good mindset from which to run your own business.

    There's a LOT of money being spent and there's plenty going around for us all to make more than we know what to do with - so rather than thinking people aren't "really" sharing their proper info, just take what's on offer and focus on what works for you.

    Andy
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831148].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
    Some try to be what they are not . Listen long enough and they will tell on themselves .

    Some want to impress you with what they know.

    Some actually are trying to help. They feel that they owe it to pay it back.

    Some of us will tell you there is no secret but we smile when we say it .
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Koltai
    Realistically, what it comes down to is that there are more than enough slices of the pie to go around, especially when you consider that the overwhelming majority of people who purchase IM ebooks and courses don't take action on them.

    Me personally? I have a very strong sense of distaste for the whole wage slave lifestyle, and if I have to lose a few pennies on the dollar to help someone else escape it, I'm fine with that. People deserve to have the time and resources to live their lives the way they want.
    Signature
    Honest reviews of IM products I actually use:
    Micro Niche Finder Review - KW Research Made Easy
    Tube Toolbox Review - Get friends (and views!) on Youtube without breaking TOS
    Google Sniper Review - Simple system responsible for 90% of my income.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831663].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ofthemix
      lol And I thought that's what the whole internet marketing path to money is about: research and market a niche til you're an expert on it and make some bank, write an ebook on your expertise and make some more bank.

      Like has been mentioned above, the amount of people that will actually apply the "secrets" that they get in those ebooks and stick with it are few and far between.

      I really don't think it's much of a mystery that if you do the research you should be able to learn 99.9% of the stuff that's in any ebook for free. As has also already been mentioned, most of the people that buy those ebooks are people who are either impatient or don't have the time to do the research on their own.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831716].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author amnesia623
        I guess I can understand the fact that it might take a lot of time to dig up these 'secrets' on the internet rather than spend $17 to buy them.

        So, in actuality if these 'secrets' are found all over the internet, they really aren't "secrets." You just gathered info into one pdf and sold it (along with a sales pitch) as one source of info.

        So who here IS the real deal then. The originator(s) of this information?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831784].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author petevamp
          Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post


          So who here IS the real deal then. The originator(s) of this information?
          Find the name of the person you see the most. That will answer your question. You can also try to do a simple search for say internet marketing secrets the people on the front page for that niche are more then likely the originators. JMHO
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831808].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author KentuckyJeff
          Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

          I guess I can understand the fact that it might take a lot of time to dig up these 'secrets' on the internet rather than spend $17 to buy them.

          So, in actuality if these 'secrets' are found all over the internet, they really aren't "secrets." You just gathered info into one pdf and sold it (along with a sales pitch) as one source of info.

          So who here IS the real deal then. The originator(s) of this information?

          I just bought (not sold) something for $17 only because it was posted by someone with quite a lot of posts, and also because it had some positive (bogus ?) comments. It was no secret, it was something that could have been offered in maybe three words, not an ebook to profit from the unsuspecting.

          I guess it could be compared to someone offering a 15 page ebook that "crammed" in the awesome info. of, "Build A Website." Although I guess you really couldn't say it was a total scam, you probably wouldn't be very happy either.

          I think anytime you're buying information on making money online, you have to be extra careful. As I said though, there appears to be many fantastic WSOs that are offered here.

          Before you spend any money, search, search, then search a little while longer. Most, if not all, can be found for free - here or somewhere else.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[832693].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Web Dummie
          Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

          So who here IS the real deal then. The originator(s) of this information?
          By who's definition?

          My definition of the real deal is someone that is making enough to live life by their terms, while maintaining their health and taking care of the fam. Even if the income is only 2k to 3k a month.

          It is not someone that is slaving away on their machine 8-12 hrs a day, chasing the next bracket of income.

          With that being said, I guess I'm not the real deal!

          Yes, money can be made with this Amnesia. There is a huge learning curve though, but it can be shortened now with the help of this forum and many others out there. Heck... even Full Sail offers a class teaching IM now! Couldn't believe that when I saw it.

          There are a lot of newcomers to this field everyday, especially with the current state of the economy, so the market is still ripe for how to books that will be snatched up by people that do not like to work if this is your style.

          The secret? The secret is to find a hungry niche with money that needs a problem solved. Preferably with a downloadable product. These hungry niches are the "secret" that you will not find here.

          When you find that niche and have your first 4 figure day, you will not give that niche up. You might be willing to teach the methods you used to find it, but you wont give up the niche. I won't at least.

          Study long study wrong.... realize it will take work, and an investment and jump in. Start creating your internet empire, it's fun!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[833418].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Saint117
        Originally Posted by Ofthemix View Post

        lol And I thought that's what the whole internet marketing path to money is about: research and market a niche til you're an expert on it and make some bank, write an ebook on your expertise and make some more bank.
        EXACTLY. I agree. Everyone here and in the IM buisness is here to make money however they can. With any and every technique they can get to work. So once they have spent some cash on ebooks, learned the basics and moved on, found a way to make some money online doing something they learned. Then they think "how can I make more money" they try things they learn things. Then why not make more money buy selling what you already learned? Everyone here is all about making money online, no matter what approach. Seems logical to me that once they have made money they would want to make more money off the money they made.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[833464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author billromer
    amnesia...

    YOU are the real deal here. I can tell you that someone is or isn't "the real deal," and you may actually believe. Heck, you might even buy their system, but if you don't do anything with it, or only work it halfway through, are they still the real deal or not?

    Some people just like helping others. Entrepreneurs think about most of their time as having some monetary value, or they want to feed their egos, or whatever. Why do teachers teach? Because students want to learn.

    YOU are the secret.

    YOU are the real deal.

    YOU are the law of attraction.

    That's the secret. ;-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author karimazani
      I agree with the TS. I normally buy a product which is something practical for me such as how to use autoresponder or how to build a website. Not "how to make money" product. Spot on man! Great thread!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[831824].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Spinosa
    Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

    Why are you so willing to give/sell your secrets?

    It's like everyone has the 'top secret' formula to 'overnight success' that I can make '$15,934.01' in a day. If it's so successful why do you feel the need to try and make more money selling these 'goldmine' tips?

    Why don't you just kick back and make your money because from what I can see everyone here is making bank anyway...why sell your tricks and saturate the market with your secrets? Seems self destructive to me...
    I literally make more money than I need for my age, but it doesn't mean that I don't want to make more. It is human nature to never be satisfied when things are going good.

    If I can make an extra $1000/month by teaching people stuff about internet marketing not only am I directly making a profit but I am expanding the pie for everybody, the more stuff that is sold online as opposed to retail, the more we all make.
    Signature

    My Internet Marketing Blog. - Fourth Floor Marketing

    Sign up to get my 100% Free Marketing eBook

    Making Money Online

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[833473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JaySabree
    What a great question!


    The answer has pretty much been covered in here.

    So, maybe I'll tell my story. A couple years ago the internet was a secret to me. I didn't know about pay per click, joint ventures or any other form of driving traffic online. This of course was the same with affiliate marketing or creating your own products. I stumbled onto Brock and Buck's e-mail list. 'Pipeline Profits' was the first product lunch that I was ever exposed to. Those two did JV's with numerous other people and many times to join the JV partner's mailing list they gave away 'The Secrets' to online income. This was very true. The information in those e-books where secrets to 'ME' and after reading the e-books it felt like blinds were taken off my eyes. I'm very grateful to those people that I purchased e-books and v-books from. The guru that I'm must thankful for was Joel Comm. I don't remember how I got on his mailing but it happened. He put together a reality show on the internet called the 'Next Internet Millionaire'. It was an entertaining series. After purchasing a few of his products one of the bonuses was a FREE membership to Sure Fire Wealth. That site was fantastic and I started finally earning money through affiliate marketing shortly after joining that membership site. Over a year later I joined this forum and learned the secrets to earning money offline for internet services. They were secrets because I had no idea that making money by providing internet marketing knowledge to business owners was a lucrative option. Now I'm growing my offline clients and scaling my affiliate marketing efforts. All these things were unknown to me until someone shared their secrets with me.

    So, why are these guys giving away such great information? Who knows for sure but God bless them because without those secrets I would not have the freedom that I enjoy right now.

    Cheers

    Jay
    Signature
    Cheers

    Jay
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[833536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Magic Johnson
    Because these Secrets are no secrets in the first place. Maybe that's the main reason. At least most times, it's some half a** newbie who managed to earn some bucks doing XYZ and now feels like quit doing, instead of making $500 and now this marketer can promote himself and his "tactics"!-

    If someone knows how to make some real $$(10k+) and can do it every 30 days, it's likely they have no sudden urge and feeling that they tneed to run around to sell it like a little girl because "they are" afraid their magical money could dissapear 'overnight' as you yourself put it.

    Bottom line is, most of these "secrets" are not such a big deal as they are made to sound in the Internet marketing communities, by owners, and affiliats and what not [groupies] if I may have my saying, it's often just some half baked pie trying to make it sound like jesus walking on water.

    Of ocurse there are exceptions to this stero-type but generally speaking there little new that can be found in IM that's not yet to be found in paperback books in your local library.

    The Get rich quick attitude.

    I just defined the mindest behind GRQ online and those who market it to others.

    Johan "Magic Johnson"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[833654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yohan0923
      The real secret is hardwork and patience.Earning money takes time and effort to achieve your target goal.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[834259].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cackle
        It's interesting to read many of the reactions to this question. Some people are just like 'yeah, you're right - everyone is full of it.'...others are somewhat condescending and using good ole' 'capitalism' as an excuse. While I agree with both...I don't agree with the people who say there are ultra successful people who just like to help. I mean come on...this is internet marketing people! This isn't a forum on 'how to start a charity'...everyone and I mean, everyone who is selling their 'secrets' or even giving them away is doing it for money.

        Some will be crap and others may be extremely useful. So if you stick to buying products that only have money-back guarentees- what do you have to lose by picking up a few that pique your interest?

        I would agree though...that if it's too easy and too unknown - no one is going to sell a big money-making technique at it's peak. For instance, I thought about selling a fast money techinque I stumbled on simply because I find it a bit of a pain to implement...but someone else may not mind. But if I didn't think it was a pain, there is no way I'd sell it.
        Signature

        "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it! " - Jonathan Winters
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[834405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emorrow23
    If they feel the market they are in is not saturated it wouldn't hurt selling their "secrets" it's just ANOTHER source of income!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[834029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Star Riley
    The only way to brand yourself is to sell information.

    Plus it is way easier to buy something than to do something.

    The secret is that the secret is all about atraction, allthough you have the same thing over and over and over and over somone gets it everytime.

    What would the school system be like if we just recorded the best teachers and sent kids home with a video?

    "Call Obama I think I just solved the decline of the modern educational system!"
    Signature

    Star Riley ---> Support Local Movement USA<----***

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[834070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VegasVince
    Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

    Why are you so willing to give/sell your secrets?

    It's like everyone has the 'top secret' formula to 'overnight success' that I can make '$15,934.01' in a day. If it's so successful why do you feel the need to try and make more money selling these 'goldmine' tips?

    Why don't you just kick back and make your money because from what I can see everyone here is making bank anyway...why sell your tricks and saturate the market with your secrets? Seems self destructive to me...

    1. Vinnie spells it....."you'se people." (Trade Mark Pending.)

    2. To answer your question....as to why someone making "$15,934.01 in a day.......chooses to sell their formula for reaching Xanadu....."

    Simple. It's called capitalism.

    It's called leveraging your knowledge and ability...and turning it in to more cashola, baby!

    If Joe Blow can make 5K a day flipping houses.....why wouldn't he want to make an additional 5K a day....selling the recipe for his success..... on 24/7 autopilot?

    It's called good business....and good business is based on awesome leverage......by squeezing every drop of blood out of your product or service....for the most money possible. That's as it should be.

    As for your other question.....90% of the peeps who buy information... are peeps who are really sheeps.

    They're not "competition"....they're information collectors who buy products for the same reason the junkie bangs a syringe full of black tar heroin.

    It makes them feel better....it's a quick fix.

    Sheep buy money making information.....looking for a skin pop. A fast and easy way to get the very most out of life for the very least. And they're willing to pay top dollar for that possibility......but few will ever go beyond that.

    A good marketer is obligated to sell these people. Cuz if you'se don't someone else will.


    xxx Vegas Vince
    Legend.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[834147].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Magic Johnson
      Originally Posted by VegasVince View Post

      If Joe Blow can make 5K a day flipping houses.....why wouldn't he want to make an additional 5K a day....selling the recipe for his success..... on 24/7 autopilot?
      Yes it's true. But he could as well get in to spending more time on his houses "flipping" and start making 10-30-50k a day?

      I feel as "why get in to selling my system" when I can take my business further.

      My conclusion is that you could get a mindset and to outwork the 5k a day(that's still huge money) and prosper and proceed to generate it to 5k+ a day,ยจ

      Some marketers like to share their secret and I feel it's because their stomach are full at the time, and want to ride in to safe water and earn money by launching a system to sell others.

      It's not wrong as long as it works as mentioned. Most times it's a weaker than it could have been, because they want to squeeze out extra money over time, that I feel is the wrong mindset, and a lack of self-esteem or simply marketing knowledge.

      Then there are real teachers who truly love teaching and seem to don't mind sharing their advice with out going in to blatant sales pitches and clever manipulative markting.

      Any Henry being one on this particular forum I visit. I see that he care about "not keeping his best" with fear of others "making more money".

      He may not be the loudest pitchmaker, but he certainly are one true good and friendly contributor here.

      The whole "guru" and "secret" thing are tricks, certain personalities fall for it, more so than others. (I did ones in my life-time and time again)

      The kind of marketers I follow now they don't take their "secrets" too serious. Infact, they don't regard their own knowledge in marketing and life as secrets or anything mysterious at all.

      That's the kind of men I like to listen to and keep in my life, too.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[846055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DennisM
    Here's the BIG SECRET to making money in IM....

    Treat this a REAL business. That's it. End of story. Look, there's a 1,000 ways to make money online. Everyone's looking for a shortcut or some secret "system" but let me tell you. It doesn't exist!

    What makes you money online are SYSTEMS and PROCESSES. Being consistent.

    Pick something, ANYTHING and run with it. In theory, you can make money at ANYTHING online. Ask yourself what do you want to do?

    Provide a product (sell stuff) or a service (ghostwriting)? Here's some ideas....

    Write an ebook (or get PLR), slap up a sales page and drive traffic to it
    Do CPA offers or affiliate marketing with Clickbank products
    Pick any broad niche like dieting, dogs, weight loss and write a few articles..sell article packs as a WSO.

    The key is to get started and do something. You can build from there.

    Dennis
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[834185].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

      ha ha...
      "you people"

      I guess that has a negative connotation in today's world.

      But don't you think selling your secrets would saturate the market and your secrets will no longer be valid? Because honestly, all the secrets I have read are the same.

      I'm not trying to poo-poo on things, but it does sound like your selling yourself short?
      Not all secrets look the same to me.

      You and I could both be out in the woods on a trail. We both see a rabbit hop across. We both get back to camp to tell the story of what we both just experienced.

      I saw a happy rabbit jumping along, sunlight dancing in the trees, and some birds. Your story is you saw a rabbit running for it's life from another animal, when some bird crap hit your shoulder and when you looked up you had to sneeze when the sun hit your eyes.

      Point is, different people have different ways of explaining and one way might work better than someone elses for the consumer on the other end.

      Your "secrets" to building a website may look very different from my secrets to building a website.

      If you are starting to feel everything is looking the same, then perhaps it is time to stop looking for the secrets as you know what they are, and go out to discover your own to share.
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[846613].message }}
  • Straight Answer: Mission Statement: To operate from a place of happiness and fun in and environment that committed to getting things done. To liberate my fellow friend to enjoy the wonders of the power within..

    The law of repreprosity - Cant spell that word. States that when you help others and share a technique it just creates more because as your apprentices raise up they create more ways to make money and hence it all starts again.

    The "you people person" sounds a bit like a "AVC" - The Game
    Signature

    The Tropical Entrepreneur Show is an awesome podcast! Daily interviews with leading internet entrepreneurs. In every episode the expert shares a plan to escape nine to five within 90 days. www.tropicalentrepreneur.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[834403].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    it is because wealth is not limited, it is not fair for me to sit back and make a 5 figure income while others can barely afford to eat.

    a limited scarcity mindset is one of the first things that will destroy your wealth or keep you from reaching any level of wealth at all.

    there is plenty to go around so I decide to give back by sharing with others how I make money.

    Plus I just use the money I make with affiliate marketing to start other offline businesses get rental properties invest in tax liens and stock up my silver pile.

    I am focusing on building real lasting wealth for generations, selling my ideas to others is my way to help others change their lives and create wealth
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[834414].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cackle
      Originally Posted by nicholasb View Post

      it is because wealth is not limited, it is not fair for me to sit back and make a 5 figure income while others can barely afford to eat.
      I am focusing on building real lasting wealth for generations, selling my ideas to others is my way to help others change their lives and create wealth
      Surely you realize that those who cannot afford to eat...cannot afford to BUY your ideas that can change their lives.
      Signature

      "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it! " - Jonathan Winters
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[834438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxdog
    Originally Posted by amnesia623 View Post

    Why are you so willing to give/sell your secrets?

    It's like everyone has the 'top secret' formula to 'overnight success' that I can make '$15,934.01' in a day. If it's so successful why do you feel the need to try and make more money selling these 'goldmine' tips?

    Why don't you just kick back and make your money because from what I can see everyone here is making bank anyway...why sell your tricks and saturate the market with your secrets? Seems self destructive to me...
    Maybe they are not as selfish as you my friend ...why be so skeptical I have purchased some great products that have made me a ton of money just because some guy wants to move on to a bigger mountain that's great...
    Signature

    AIM zbestcpa

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[840725].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author effigy
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[840750].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author maxdog
        Originally Posted by effigy View Post

        What really is the issue about saturating a method? is there really such a phenomenon?

        Some will say yes some no? I think yes and no but mostly no..but a hint of yes.

        I hope that helps
        Signature

        AIM zbestcpa

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[840754].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Bard
    Why are you so willing to give/sell your secrets?
    I don't sell them. I give them away here.

    Why?

    Because many years ago when I was looking for info to help me I got took. I got took many times over.

    One night when I was on the verge of giving up I found some real information right here in the Warrior Forum that changed my life.

    So now I give back.

    I also know that competition is a good thing. We all benefit from healthy competition.

    When I was growing up my cousin was an Olympic swimmer and I would to try and beat him in the pool but never did.

    But after practicing against him, even though I could not beat him, I was able to beat everyone else

    I enjoy coming here and talking about the new techniques we learn and the opportunity to jump into the pool with the best marketers on the Internet and learn a few new strokes.

    I know from years of experience that most people here are never going to take advantage of the opportunities that they find here so the competitive threat is not as great as you might think.

    The real competitors already know what I am revealing here so I am not giving 'my competition' any secrets.

    So the reality is that most of the information given away here goes without being used.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[840803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Canee
    The vast majority of e-books are utter crap, full of lies, exaggerations, and hype, and virtually useless. I wasted quite a bit of money on e-books until I realized they are mostly garbage. Oh yeah, and after you buy some e-books, then comes the REAL scam ... someone wanting you to fork out $ 5-10K on your credit card promising you will make it back within 6 months because they will teach you and show you how ... but after you pay, suddenly you never hear from them again.

    That is why I gave up on the e-book side of IM. It's saturated with 99% scams and cons and rip-offs.

    So we decided, hey, why not try to sell actual products so people who buy will actually have something they can see, touch, use and enjoy. So we did that, built a website, but nobody is buying, so it seems that doesn't work either. Doh! Can't win ...
    Signature

    Cheers, - Bill & Marsha. :)

    Our Jewelry (aka Jewellery) and Fashion Accessories site is CEEbling

    Our Corporate site (prototype) is Canadian Eclectic Enterprises Inc.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[846572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amnesia623
    I'm not trying to insult what is going on here, just curious because I have read some ebooks and read a ton of 12-mile long sales letters (really...do they need to be this long? I get bored after about 4th time I have to scroll...) and they all basically say the same thing

    1) find a niche
    2) create a product
    3) ad additional related freebies
    4) create sales letter - get links
    5) create an email list
    6) autorespond and follow up
    etc...

    oh well...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[848316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
    Because...

    1. It is ALWAYS more secure, powerful and better business to have your own products...affiliate masters, bloggers, PPC masters, etc...always come around to this as they see their income go up and down with the trends

    2. Prestige and credibiilty is a basic human need - by teaching we get that fulfillment

    3. It's just smart business to diversify your business and have multiple profit centers

    4. Who better to teach than someone who is actually DOING it...rather than just talking about it?

    Jeff
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[848638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dana_W
    I make most of my money getting clients for my press release writing, from Twitter. But I also have made thousands of dollars telling other people how to do the same, in an ebook that I wrote. Why WOULDN'T I want to make more money? It took me about two days to write the ebook, and maybe a few hours total to write up copy for a WSO and a sales page. And I've made close to ten grand from that one little ebook. I would be a fool to have ignored such a great additional income stream.

    Here's the facts - if you have a proven system that YOU HAVE USED - that drives traffic, makes money, increases traffic, finds backlinks, finds more clients, etc. - you can do yourself and others a valuable service by writing about it and selling that information.

    The only time I get annoyed by people selling "here's how I make money/drive traffic" systems is when the people have never used the system, or they have and the system doesn't work. Like all of those people who come on here saying "Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to make $100 bucks this week so my lights don't get turned off?" and they have a signature link that says something like "Learn my system for making $1000 a day, every day!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[848666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dana_W
    As for "giving away" secrets in these info-products - sadly, 95 percent of the people who buy the info products won't take action on them anyway.

    And those that do - more power to them! I don't give away information that would take money out of my pocket. I am selling methods to increase traffic and find more clients. I wouldn't give away a money-making niche, but general information on how to bring in more business? Doesn't hurt me to have it out there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[848678].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
      Great example Dana...which touched on another big benefit of sharing what you do or teach through information products - that is LEVERAGE.

      I have had so many practitioners, speakers, trainers and successful business people that have decided to package what they know to gain time and financial leverage.

      For example, a high-end web designer charges a small fortune per project, but still...he has to take projects and put in 14-hour days for weeks (sometimes months) to get these projects done. Even though he charges allot, it is still time for money.

      If he can take 1/3 of that income and transition it into infoprouduct that take him a few weeks to create, but can sell them with little extra effort for months/years to come...then that is smart.

      Another example, I had a top-notch relationship expert in her field want to package her techniques after 20-years of practice simply because she wanted to expand her customer base and quit trade office time for money - go global and take advantage of the leverage of "create once, sell forever"

      Jeff
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[848828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketinggt
    To me, it is about content aggregation.

    I could go through this forum and find out all of the principles necessary to be successful in online marketing. Or, I could go to someone who has implemented and succeeded at it, buy a package and get to my goals quicker.

    Thank God for those that share their knowledge with products!

    The key is to put the principles in action. Only 1% are successful with this stuff.

    There are so many variables to success here:

    1) Skills
    2) Personality
    3) Will power and perseverance
    4) Time and energy
    5) Belief system

    We are all so different. It's hard to say who will make it and who want. It takes a sweet combination of the above.

    Rock on!
    Signature
    Leverage the Power of Twitter for Success!
    5-Part Twitter Webinar Series - Twitter Blockbuster
    http://www.TwitterBlockbuster.com - WSO SPECIAL!
    http://www.Joey-Smith.com - My Power Blog
    http://www.MarketingGT.com - 8 Simple Skills!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[848853].message }}

Trending Topics