2 questions regarding newbies.

43 replies
Hi everyone,

Can I ask a couple of questions please?

1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?

2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?

Thanks.
#internet marketing #newbies #newbies help #questions
  • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
    1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?
    The "secret."

    2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?
    Not getting the above for free.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8875021].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by RogueOne View Post

      The "secret."



      Not getting the above for free.
      You're being very honest there RogueOne
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

    1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?
    What's the best way to make money online? Where should I start?

    Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

    2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?
    Too much effort and/or too much money required (but I find that it's typically the first thing!)
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com - FREE TRAINING - Learn How to Build Your Own eCommerce Website
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox Business News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8875027].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      What's the best way to make money online? Where should I start?



      Too much effort and/or too much money required (but I find that it's typically the first thing!)
      In this game I think you have to spend money on coaching to make money. IMHO.
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Read the main forum,there are newbies posting every few hours and they all ask the same questions.
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8875057].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      Read the main forum,there are newbies posting every few hours and they all ask the same questions.
      Thanks. If I write "newbie" in the search box should do it?
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dmarc
    Unfortunately, I think the most common thing newbies want to know is a way to make money FAST and EASY.

    They are then turned off when they realize virtually any legitimate method is going to take time and effort, and perhaps more of an investment than they were hoping.

    Sure, there are some legitimate ways to make fast money. However, I think it is much more valuable to think LONG TERM. Research, develop a plan, and stick to it. A plan is likely to be multi-faceted (content, traffic, advertising, etc.) but it is very beneficial to stay focused on one well developed plan.

    So many newbs give up and go from one shiny object to the next, likely wasting more money each time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8875088].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by dmarc View Post

      Unfortunately, I think the most common thing newbies want to know is a way to make money FAST and EASY.

      They are then turned off when they realize virtually any legitimate method is going to take time and effort, and perhaps more of an investment than they were hoping.

      Sure, there are some legitimate ways to make fast money. However, I think it is much more valuable to think LONG TERM. Research, develop a plan, and stick to it. A plan is likely to be multi-faceted (content, traffic, advertising, etc.) but it is very beneficial to stay focused on one well developed plan.
      That's the way I went until I outlayed a bit of cash that made me get really focused and buckle down.
      So many newbs give up and go from one shiny object to the next, likely wasting more money each time.
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877506].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4
    Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

    Hi everyone,

    Can I ask a couple of questions please?

    1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?
    Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post


    The process from start to finish
    • How to select a product
    • Where to select a product
    • What is a niche
    • How to find a niche
    • e-mail list
    • How to build an e-mail list
    • What to do with the list now that I have them
    • How to make a site
    • What to use to make a site
    • where to find content
    • Where to find photos
    • How to get traffic


    2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?

    • All the above
    • Information overload
    • the amount of work required to start


    Thanks.




    Hope that Helps!
    Signature
    Success is an ACT not an idea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8875391].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post





      Hope that Helps!
      That does help, thanks for all the details.
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edmltw
    Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

    Hi everyone,

    Can I ask a couple of questions please?

    1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?

    2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?

    Thanks.
    1. The "Secret" shortcut into wealth and success

    2. To understand that the "Secret" actually involves too much work. :rolleyes:
    Signature

    Need A Easy, Drag and Drop Website Creation Platform?
    Click Here To Find Out More

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8875492].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by edmltw View Post

      1. The "Secret" shortcut into wealth and success

      2. To understand that the "Secret" actually involves too much work. :rolleyes:
      That seems to be the underlying answers :rolleyes:
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JRJWrites
    Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

    1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?
    1. That push-button traffic/sales system that doesn't exist.
    2. Anything that will make their work easier.
    3. SEO.

    NOTE: These are things newbies usually *want* to know, not *need* to know.

    Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

    2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?
    The realization that Internet marketing means creating your own business - meaning that you have to invest time and yes, money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8875539].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by JRJWrites View Post

      1. That push-button traffic/sales system that doesn't exist.
      2. Anything that will make their work easier.
      3. SEO.

      NOTE: These are things newbies usually *want* to know, not *need* to know.



      The realization that Internet marketing means creating your own business - meaning that you have to invest time and yes, money.
      Yes, I wouldn't admit that I had to invest money to make money. Now I do.
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877520].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WinsonYeung
    1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?

    Newbiews need to find a proven sale funnel, or they can create one by following good course or look for good coaches.

    2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?

    Capital + Capital. Starting on the internet marketing is just like starting an online business. You still need some minimum capital to invest on hosting and auto-responder.

    If they have extra, they can look for good sale funnel/products/course or even coaches.
    They might even invest some money on paid traffic such as Solo Ads if they found a good system or sale funnel
    Signature
    [WSO of The Day] Discount How To Generate 172.56% Positive Return OR build your List for FREE!

    "Case Study: Discover You Can Make $1371.66 With A Simple Blog Post by Clicking Here"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8875672].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by WinsonYeung View Post

      1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?

      Newbiews need to find a proven sale funnel, or they can create one by following good course or look for good coaches.

      2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?

      Capital + Capital. Starting on the internet marketing is just like starting an online business. You still need some minimum capital to invest on hosting and auto-responder.

      If they have extra, they can look for good sale funnel/products/course or even coaches.
      They might even invest some money on paid traffic such as Solo Ads if they found a good system or sale funnel
      Great answers Winson. Thanks.
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Tandan
    Great question, thanks for asking.
    If you're looking to do some research with respect to creating a product for newbies, this is a great way to start. Find out what your target market wants and doesn't want.

    And if that's the case I'd suggest taking it a step further - don't just find out what newbies say they want to know, but read between the lines to find out what they ACTUALLY want to know. I'll give an example in a bit.

    But first, if you want to get a real pulse on what newbies are looking for and asking about, I'd suggest checking out the WSO offers catered to newbies. Scroll through the Q&A thread and you'll see a lot of similar questions. And 2 of the most common are:

    1.) How much can I expect to earn with this system if I devote X amount of time per day. WHAT THIS OFTEN MEANS is more like 'I want confirmation from you that by applying your system I can expect to earn some / any kind of money. And even if I say I have 3 hours a day, can I get results in 20 minutes a day on my lunch break at work?
    2.) Is this really newbie friendly? Yup, super common question even in the threads of WSOs catered to newbies. Again, this is a request for confirmation that this system will work.

    To answer your second question, again you'll find helpful hints scrolling through the Q&A and comments sections of relevant WSOs. But over and over the common theme is that what was promised wasn't what was delivered, especially if the sales page is over-hyped. So what I see turning off newbies are offers that give unrealistic expectations.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8875793].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by Mark Tandan View Post

      Great question, thanks for asking.
      If you're looking to do some research with respect to creating a product for newbies, this is a great way to start. Find out what your target market wants and doesn't want.

      And if that's the case I'd suggest taking it a step further - don't just find out what newbies say they want to know, but read between the lines to find out what they ACTUALLY want to know. I'll give an example in a bit.

      But first, if you want to get a real pulse on what newbies are looking for and asking about, I'd suggest checking out the WSO offers catered to newbies. Scroll through the Q&A thread and you'll see a lot of similar questions. And 2 of the most common are:

      1.) How much can I expect to earn with this system if I devote X amount of time per day. WHAT THIS OFTEN MEANS is more like 'I want confirmation from you that by applying your system I can expect to earn some / any kind of money. And even if I say I have 3 hours a day, can I get results in 20 minutes a day on my lunch break at work?
      2.) Is this really newbie friendly? Yup, super common question even in the threads of WSOs catered to newbies. Again, this is a request for confirmation that this system will work.

      To answer your second question, again you'll find helpful hints scrolling through the Q&A and comments sections of relevant WSOs. But over and over the common theme is that what was promised wasn't what was delivered, especially if the sales page is over-hyped. So what I see turning off newbies are offers that give unrealistic expectations.

      Hope this helps,
      Mark
      It is a great help, thanks Mark.
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877524].message }}
  • I'm a newbie...my biggest challenge is knowing where to start...there is SO MUCH to learn. In terms of setting up a website, that's not a problem because I'm a web designer so I guess I'm lucky that way. I bought "Affilorama Blueprint" and breezed through that but when I look through this forum, I see tons of threads which discussed things that I absolutely know NOTHING about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8875807].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by cbvsolutions View Post

      I'm a newbie...my biggest challenge is knowing where to start...there is SO MUCH to learn. In terms of setting up a website, that's not a problem because I'm a web designer so I guess I'm lucky that way. I bought "Affilorama Blueprint" and breezed through that but when I look through this forum, I see tons of threads which discussed things that I absolutely know NOTHING about.
      You and I are in the same boat
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877528].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
        Thanks for all the answers. Being a newbie myself, I've found that the gurus will offer you all the stuff in the world to supposedly help your marketing, but they don't tell you the basics, or how to apply them. It's the HOW that newbies are looking for.
        Signature

        Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877536].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TatiW3B
          Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

          Thanks for all the answers. Being a newbie myself, I've found that the gurus will offer you all the stuff in the world to supposedly help your marketing, but they don't tell you the basics, or how to apply them. It's the HOW that newbies are looking for.
          Absolutely, everyone wants the how. It's a huge market to tap into and that's how the "guru's" get paid - they elude to giving away the "how" but of course they never do. Why would they? The idea of "the how" makes them money!

          That's why i don't like "guru" products.

          The thing is, everyone who's made it worked hard to get there. They aren't going to lead anyone by the hand - because it's likely that no one did that for them.

          And that's the most fantastic lesson - figuring out the how. It's a process, a journey. Success doesn't just happen. And it's better to figure out the how through trial and error. This is what most newbies don't understand - the glory of achieving success after suffering multiple failures. Money and riches are an "event" that everyone seeks. Most don't want to acknowledge the hard and often long process of what it takes to achieve that event. And that's why many fail at business and internet marketing. They want to skip the process and get to the event - and that absolutely never works. Unless you win the lottery, which isn't likely.

          Sorry, I think I went off on a mini-rant
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877597].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
            Originally Posted by TatiW3B View Post

            Absolutely, everyone wants the how. It's a huge market to tap into and that's how the "guru's" get paid - they elude to giving away the "how" but of course they never do. Why would they? The idea of "the how" makes them money!

            That's why i don't like "guru" products.

            The thing is, everyone who's made it worked hard to get there. They aren't going to lead anyone by the hand - because it's likely that no one did that for them.

            And that's the most fantastic lesson - figuring out the how. It's a process, a journey. Success doesn't just happen. And it's better to figure out the how through trial and error. This is what most newbies don't understand - the glory of achieving success after suffering multiple failures. Money and riches are an "event" that everyone seeks. Most don't want to acknowledge the hard and often long process of what it takes to achieve that event. And that's why many fail at business and internet marketing. They want to skip the process and get to the event - and that absolutely never works. Unless you win the lottery, which isn't likely.

            Sorry, I think I went off on a mini-rant
            Yeah, I always thought the gurus were prolonging the agony, lol.
            Signature

            Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879795].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
            Originally Posted by TatiW3B View Post

            Absolutely, everyone wants the how. It's a huge market to tap into and that's how the "guru's" get paid - they elude to giving away the "how" but of course they never do. Why would they? The idea of "the how" makes them money!

            That's why i don't like "guru" products.

            The thing is, everyone who's made it worked hard to get there. They aren't going to lead anyone by the hand - because it's likely that no one did that for them.

            And that's the most fantastic lesson - figuring out the how. It's a process, a journey. Success doesn't just happen. And it's better to figure out the how through trial and error. This is what most newbies don't understand - the glory of achieving success after suffering multiple failures. Money and riches are an "event" that everyone seeks. Most don't want to acknowledge the hard and often long process of what it takes to achieve that event. And that's why many fail at business and internet marketing. They want to skip the process and get to the event - and that absolutely never works. Unless you win the lottery, which isn't likely.

            Sorry, I think I went off on a mini-rant
            Rants are good, they keep the passion rate up, lol. Talking about the lottery, ever wondered why you never see the headline, 'Psychic wins lottery'.
            Signature

            Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8888022].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author trafficparadise
        yes iam also
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877585].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mpollak450
      Originally Posted by cbvsolutions View Post

      I'm a newbie...my biggest challenge is knowing where to start...there is SO MUCH to learn. In terms of setting up a website, that's not a problem because I'm a web designer so I guess I'm lucky that way. I bought "Affilorama Blueprint" and breezed through that but when I look through this forum, I see tons of threads which discussed things that I absolutely know NOTHING about.
      I hear ya! Definitely create for yourself a clear and precise objective for what you want to accomplish. That really sets you up to see which training courses or marketing methods you should use.
      Signature

      No EN links, please

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TatiW3B
    1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?

    How to make money the fastest way possible, for the least amount of investment, with the least amount of work, in "four hours a week" or less.

    2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?

    Most want the "four hour workweek" right out of the bag, and are turned off when they realize that to get to that point it actually takes 4-6 months (or longer) of sleepless nights, tons of coffee, and eyes glued to computer screen to actually get to the point of automation. Also, information overload.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877535].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by TatiW3B View Post

      1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?

      How to make money the fastest way possible, for the least amount of investment, with the least amount of work, in "four hours a week" or less.

      2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?

      Most want the "four hour workweek" right out of the bag, and are turned off when they realize that to get to that point it actually takes 4-6 months (or longer) of sleepless nights, tons of coffee, and eyes glued to computer screen to actually get to the point of automation. Also, information overload.
      And a lot of the information overload is the wrong, or unhelpful, type. Thanks for your answers.
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877539].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author joseph7384
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        You're being very honest there RogueOne
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        In this game I think you have to spend money on coaching to make money. IMHO.
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        Thanks. If I write "newbie" in the search box should do it?
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        That's the way I went until I outlayed a bit of cash that made me get really focused and buckle down.
        So many newbs give up and go from one shiny object to the next, likely wasting more money each time.
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        That does help, thanks for all the details.
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        That seems to be the underlying answers :rolleyes:
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        Yes, I wouldn't admit that I had to invest money to make money. Now I do.
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        Great answers Winson. Thanks.
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        It is a great help, thanks Mark.
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        You and I are in the same boat
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        Thanks for all the answers. Being a newbie myself, I've found that the gurus will offer you all the stuff in the world to supposedly help your marketing, but they don't tell you the basics, or how to apply them. It's the HOW that newbies are looking for.
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        And a lot of the information overload is the wrong, or unhelpful, type. Thanks for your answers.

        Learning how to reply to a crap load of posts all within a single post, rather than individual replies to each post.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8877633].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
          Originally Posted by joseph7384 View Post

          Learning how to reply to a crap load of posts all within a single post, rather than individual replies to each post.
          I thought that may be good manners.....
          Signature

          Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kingshouse
    Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

    Hi everyone,

    Can I ask a couple of questions please?

    1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?

    2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?

    Thanks.

    1. How to make money online superquick like yesterday

    2. They buy the believed superquick stuff but it does not work fast enough. Hey, you have to build a squeeze page, get web hosting, a sales page, maybe create a product, SEO and so on.

    Maybe someone needs to tell them the truth upfront BUT sadly hype sells ...afterall they want success yesterday!

    Just my thoughts ;-)

    Will D Kingshouse
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8878886].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by Kingshouse View Post

      1. How to make money online superquick like yesterday

      2. They buy the believed superquick stuff but it does not work fast enough. Hey, you have to build a squeeze page, get web hosting, a sales page, maybe create a product, SEO and so on.

      Maybe someone needs to tell them the truth upfront BUT sadly hype sells ...afterall they want success yesterday!

      Just my thoughts ;-)

      Will D Kingshouse
      Patience is a virtue Will
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Karleen
    I think one of the main things newbies want to know (besides what has already been mentioned) is who they can trust. I remember back when I was starting out, I saw a lot of names behind products but had no idea who was legit as an honest marketer and who was just out to get my money and really didn't give a hoot as to whether or not the product would actually help me or work for me. Newbies will have to spend a certain amount of money on courses, products, etc. to get started, and it would be a good idea for them to do a little research on the people behind the products and courses.

    I agree with everyone else that one of the main turn-offs is that there is no quick and easy way to make money that will sustain them. There is no "push this one button and watch the money roll in". You do have to invest time and money in order to make money and create more free time. The ones that endure, persevere, and get back up after being knocked down and stomped on are the ones that will succeed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879168].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by Karleen View Post

      I think one of the main things newbies want to know (besides what has already been mentioned) is who they can trust. I remember back when I was starting out, I saw a lot of names behind products but had no idea who was legit as an honest marketer and who was just out to get my money and really didn't give a hoot as to whether or not the product would actually help me or work for me. Newbies will have to spend a certain amount of money on courses, products, etc. to get started, and it would be a good idea for them to do a little research on the people behind the products and courses.

      I agree with everyone else that one of the main turn-offs is that there is no quick and easy way to make money that will sustain them. There is no "push this one button and watch the money roll in". You do have to invest time and money in order to make money and create more free time. The ones that endure, persevere, and get back up after being knocked down and stomped on are the ones that will succeed.
      I found someone on this forum I think I can trust. I'll know in 6 months after my course.
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Davidson
    The information about 'what to do' is available, most of the core stuff is out there for people to learn.

    Newbies always get attracted by the bright and shiny signs and all the bells, whistles and noise promoting the latest great 'short cut' or 'push button' system.

    The reality is that success requires hard work and you need to take action.

    The biggest turnoff for beginners is when they realise that they need to take action and do the hard work and that there is no short cut or push button system to success.
    Signature

    Discover How To Grow Your Online Business With Ease
    http://MyOnlineMarketingMadeEasy.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879373].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by Brad Davidson View Post

      The information about 'what to do' is available, most of the core stuff is out there for people to learn.

      Newbies always get attracted by the bright and shiny signs and all the bells, whistles and noise promoting the latest great 'short cut' or 'push button' system.

      The reality is that success requires hard work and you need to take action.

      The biggest turnoff for beginners is when they realise that they need to take action and do the hard work and that there is no short cut or push button system to success.
      Yes, I certainly was.
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sunganani
    1. Being on a list owner who keeps selling things that are not relevant.
    2. Courses that leave other critical aspects out
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879409].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
      Originally Posted by Sunganani View Post

      1. Being on a list owner who keeps selling things that are not relevant.
      2. Courses that leave other critical aspects out
      My inbox is full of that.
      Signature

      Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879819].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sunganani
        Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post

        My inbox is full of that.
        What I have done is to use their email lists to sift out those who have proven themselves then I learn all I can. Don't be afraid to unsubscribe if they are not very helpful.

        All the best
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880009].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarketerRon
    Originally Posted by joan2009 View Post

    they are looking for the best method

    turn off. When they find it cost money and a lot of work to succeed
    That seems to be the trend.
    Signature

    Follow my blog journey from newbie to marketing professional.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tinytot11
    1) What are the main things that newbies want to know to help them achieve success in internet marketing?


    1) I think the biggest problem newbies have is Information Overload. Even seasoned marketers can have this problem. I know it happens to me at times with "That Bright New Shiny Object"

    2) Getting Incorrect Information and then follow the wrong path.

    2) What are the biggest turnoffs for beginners when entering the industry?


    1) No matter how hard you try and how many hours you invest you continue to fail.

    2) Uncourteous marketers that think they know everything. They forget that they were once newbies also and didn't know a damn thing when they first started.

    Vic
    Signature

    Affiliate links are not allowed.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8879842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mateenyall
    In my opinion they'd be,

    1. SPECIFIC methods/case studies that highlight as clear as possible how a certain strategy has made someone money.

    2. Turnoffs would be, ebooks, or information that is just junk and has no real value.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880035].message }}

Trending Topics