42 replies
Just now, I was cheated by Google.

I had a blogger domain and I removed my credit carD from there as I no longer wanted this.

But, when I checked my email just now, I got the message

Hello,

Congratulations!

Your Google Apps domain name, JKGGGGULIU.com, was successfully renewed with enom for one year. You can now continue using Google Apps through January 18, 2015 and your account will soon be charged for the purchase.

Please do not reply to this email; replies are not monitored.


Sincerely,
The Google Apps Team

© 2013 Google Inc. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc.

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Apps product or account.

How is this possible? What action can I take?

Please help. Thank you and regards.
#cheating #google
  • Profile picture of the author JaxLen3
    Screw them! Contact the fraud department with your bank and stop the payment. Then, after you've taken your money back from them, contact Google to ask for an explanation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880087].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by JaxLen3 View Post

      Screw them! Contact the fraud department with your bank and stop the payment. Then, after you've taken your money back from them, contact Google to ask for an explanation.
      This is not easy and it will cost a great deal of money.
      Also, the payment was already taken, so how can I stop it???
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880102].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
    Cheating by Google
    I wouldn't call it cheating, it's just one of those auto-renew things. I never sign up for anything, unless I find the way to unsubscribe first.
    Signature
    " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
    But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

    ~ Jeff Bezos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880132].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

      I wouldn't call it cheating, it's just one of those auto-renew things. I never sign up for anything, unless I find the way to unsubscribe first.
      Well it is cheating if I removed my credit card right?
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880139].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
        Originally Posted by Ricardo Furtado View Post

        Well it is cheating if I removed my credit card right?
        Something obviously went wrong, you really need to get ahold of them to find out what happened and how to cancel your subscription.
        Signature
        " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
        But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

        ~ Jeff Bezos

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880185].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
          Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

          Something obviously went wrong, you really need to get ahold of them to find out what happened and how to cancel your subscription.
          Yes indeed, I have gone online and posted in what I think is the right forum of Google and asked them about this. But I do not know if it is the right place.

          Google does not make things very clear. It seems they want to make it difficult for people to approach them.

          Thanks again.
          Signature

          Ricardo Furtado

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880193].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
            Originally Posted by Ricardo Furtado View Post

            Yes indeed, I have gone online and posted in what I think is the right forum of Google and asked them about this. But I do not know if it is the right place.

            Google does not make things very clear. It seems they want to make it difficult for people to approach them.

            Thanks again.
            I agree, that's why I don't sign up for anything, unless I know how to unsubscribe for sure. They have a bad habit of hiding the way to cancel a service.
            Signature
            " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
            But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

            ~ Jeff Bezos

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880199].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
              Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

              I agree, that's why I don't sign up for anything, unless I know how to unsubscribe for sure. They have a bad habit of hiding the way to cancel a service.
              I agree, but now I need to get an answer from them and know what action to take. :rolleyes:
              Signature

              Ricardo Furtado

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880203].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
        Originally Posted by Ricardo Furtado View Post

        Well it is cheating if I removed my credit card right?
        For most services removing your credit card has no effect. You have to cancel the service according to the TOS, otherwise it will continue to charge you.
        Signature
        Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
        All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880206].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
          Originally Posted by RogueOne View Post

          For most services removing your credit card has no effect. You have to cancel the service according to the TOS, otherwise it will continue to charge you.
          I tried to do so, but the process was so tough, I did not know where or how to cancel it. So what I did was just go and remove my credit card from Google wallet - in the past, I had done the same thing and this prevented my card from being charged. And this was done with GOOGLE AND IT WORKED.
          Signature

          Ricardo Furtado

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880212].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author timpears
        Originally Posted by Ricardo Furtado View Post

        Well it is cheating if I removed my credit card right?
        Sounds like you didn't turn off auto renew.
        Signature

        Tim Pears

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882721].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
          Originally Posted by timpears View Post

          Sounds like you didn't turn off auto renew.
          I did try to turn it off - at least, I tried to figure out how to get into their payment process and turn it on. I followed all their instructions, but there was no way that I was able to log in and do that. So, I removed my credit card from Google Wallet. I had done this on the last few occasions - and Google was not able to charge me as a result. I do not know what happened this time. Thanks for your help. Regards.
          Signature

          Ricardo Furtado

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author malcsimm
    A lesson for us all. I'd have thought that if you removed your cc number it would not renew. Now I'd think twice!

    If the domain has renewed I think you are stuck as G won't be able to get the money back from eNom. But good luck with it.

    Malc
    Signature

    You WILL banish # Procrastination, # Email bloat, # Wasting time, # Wasting money
    Getting Things Done PLUS Evernote turned my life around - read here how I do it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880426].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by malcsimm View Post

      A lesson for us all. I'd have thought that if you removed your cc number it would not renew. Now I'd think twice!

      If the domain has renewed I think you are stuck as G won't be able to get the money back from eNom. But good luck with it.

      Malc
      Malc...it is not over for me. I will pursue this issue. Let me see what happens. But Google is not at all fair in their practice. And I do not understand from where they got my CC information after i had removed it from Google wallet.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Samuel Adams
    This is such an unfortunate situation. And, I can see how much this bothered you. And, rightly so, of course. Anyone would be upset/mad/frustrated over this issue. For me, this points more to Google's big brother (looking over your shoulder, prying into your life, controlling every move) type of mentality. And, this is just another example. I'd just keep appealing through official channels if possible and hopefully they will listen. I'm sure you are thinking ahead and wondering if Google is able to charge you for next year, without your permission.

    Beyond this, talk to your bank and see if there is a way to block all future charges coming from Google (on behalf of the domain renewal) and that should end it. Though not sure they will do anything to help you get your money back.
    Signature

    Would you like to learn how I make $2000/month from a super easy listbuilding system?

    Click here to get my listbuilding report for FREE!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880480].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post

      This is such an unfortunate situation. And, I can see how much this bothered you. And, rightly so, of course. Anyone would be upset/mad/frustrated over this issue. For me, this points more to Google's big brother (looking over your shoulder, prying into your life, controlling every move) type of mentality. And, this is just another example. I'd just keep appealing through official channels if possible and hopefully they will listen. I'm sure you are thinking ahead and wondering if Google is able to charge you for next year, without your permission.

      Beyond this, talk to your bank and see if there is a way to block all future charges coming from Google (on behalf of the domain renewal) and that should end it. Though not sure they will do anything to help you get your money back.
      Yes you are very right and I have already started to think of next year. I guess now I will have to go to my bank and ask them to cancel this credit card and then I would apply for a new one. This is a big pain and there should be some kind of action that can be taken about this.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880555].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

      Google, like any legitimate company, isn't out to "Cheat" you.

      Chances are you removed your credit card too late to stop the auto renewal and as a result, you've got the domain for another year.

      Claiming they "Cheated" you because you either didn't act in a timely manner or didn't understand what you were signing up for seems a bit over the top to me.

      Just saying....
      Before Google renews a domain name, they send out a notice saying that the domain will be renewed automatically and the credit card will be charged. The day I got this notice, I went to check Google Wallet - I had already removed the credit card a few months before. Regards.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880589].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880592].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
          Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

          Well, then maybe Enom had your credit card info - who knows?
          How can they be allowed to have it when I removed that information? Isn't it illegal? Regards.
          Signature

          Ricardo Furtado

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fred67
    Just think - Google will rule the world soon and we'll all be getting stuffed even MORE than we already are.
    Suddenly, old age looming seems a blessing :-)
    Signature
    Free E-book Library/Business Promotion Resources
    http://fred67.com/library
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880660].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by fred67 View Post

      Just think - Google will rule the world soon and we'll all be getting stuffed even MORE than we already are.
      Suddenly, old age looming seems a blessing :-)
      Even Hitler thought he could rule the world.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880700].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Ricardo, instead of canceling the credit card, go to your bank and file a complaint for an unauthorized charge. If they find in your favor, and if all is as you described, they likely will, it does not matter who has the money. The bank can and will take it back and return it to you.

        Unless there is something in the TOS, when you removed your card number from the payment mechanism (your Wallet), you removed permission to use that card. If you have emails saying you successfully removed your card info and that your domain was up for renewal, along with the invoice showing the charge, bring those to the bank with you.

        It's a hassle, I know, but if you want to pursue it, that's how I would do it...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880855].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
          Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

          Ricardo, instead of canceling the credit card, go to your bank and file a complaint for an unauthorized charge. If they find in your favor, and if all is as you described, they likely will, it does not matter who has the money. The bank can and will take it back and return it to you.

          Unless there is something in the TOS, when you removed your card number from the payment mechanism (your Wallet), you removed permission to use that card. If you have emails saying you successfully removed your card info and that your domain was up for renewal, along with the invoice showing the charge, bring those to the bank with you.

          It's a hassle, I know, but if you want to pursue it, that's how I would do it...
          You are 100% right John, it is a very big hassle and I would not have the time to deal with it. Thanks for the advice. Regards.
          Signature

          Ricardo Furtado

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8881192].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author IneedProfit
            Originally Posted by Ricardo Furtado View Post

            You are 100% right John, it is a very big hassle and I would not have the time to deal with it. Thanks for the advice. Regards.
            For all of the posting you've done in this thread, you would have already had this handled with a simple phone call to your bank/CC company. If the charge has posted, they will usually instantly refund your money, and initiate an investigation.

            Like others have said, this could burn bridges with Google. This isn't a hassle or time consumer, but it might not be the prudent thing to do. I wouldn't want to be blacklisted by Google.

            Also, if you want a new card, you don't have to cancel and reapply. Once again, with a simple phone call, they will cancel and reissue you a new card.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8883018].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
              Originally Posted by IneedProfit View Post

              For all of the posting you've done in this thread, you would have already had this handled with a simple phone call to your bank/CC company. If the charge has posted, they will usually instantly refund your money, and initiate an investigation.

              Like others have said, this could burn bridges with Google. This isn't a hassle or time consumer, but it might not be the prudent thing to do. I wouldn't want to be blacklisted by Google.

              Also, if you want a new card, you don't have to cancel and reapply. Once again, with a simple phone call, they will cancel and reissue you a new card.
              Thank you for the advice. Appreciate it. Regards.
              Signature

              Ricardo Furtado

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8883172].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
        I'm not familiar with their system for this, but sometimes you have to manually cancel a service rather than just removing the payment method. Otherwise they think you still want it.

        1&1 is notorious for turning their clients over to a collection agency when they removed payment methods but didn't cancel. Then if these people didn't pay the collection agency they got a mark on their credit report..... all for a domain they just wanted to expire.

        I doubt Google does that. I'm just saying it could be worse.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882500].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
          Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

          I'm not familiar with their system for this, but sometimes you have to manually cancel a service rather than just removing the payment method. Otherwise they think you still want it.

          1&1 is notorious for turning their clients over to a collection agency when they removed payment methods but didn't cancel. Then if these people didn't pay the collection agency they got a mark on their credit report..... all for a domain they just wanted to expire.

          I doubt Google does that. I'm just saying it could be worse.
          I did try to cancel the automatic payment but they made it very hard to do so. This was the same case last time, they had instructions which made the cancellation process IMPOSSIBLE to underhand. So I did what I had done on the last few occasions, I removed my credit card from Google Wallet and I got the message saying that to make a payment, please add a credit card. thank you for your help. Regards.
          Signature

          Ricardo Furtado

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882908].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    I Think Google Start monopoly. Since They are Dominating the Internet So, They think that they are the Boss and can do anything. Better you file a complaint with your credit card company or you can file a complaint against them to federal trade commission for unfair business practices.
    Signature

    Blogging Tips & Tricks @ https://blogwithvk.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8880889].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jbyte
      Have you tried calling their 800 number? As a apps customer you can actually make a phone call to them.
      Signature

      I fix WordPress problems, PM me if you need help

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8881034].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by vishwa View Post

      I Think Google Start monopoly. Since They are Dominating the Internet So, They think that they are the Boss and can do anything. Better you file a complaint with your credit card company or you can file a complaint against them to federal trade commission for unfair business practices.
      Indeed they are dominating the internet and think that they can get away with anything. Thanks for the help. Regards.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8881205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8881068].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author solartime
      If the charge was only for the cost of 1 blogger domain renewal then perhaps you can just write it off as a lesson learned for the future. It may end up being more costly for you in time, effort and stress over the situation than to just keep the domain for another year. And move your efforts on to bigger and better things.

      If you are determined to get a refund then giving google a charge-back from your bank may be the only way to secure it. However google might remember this and may deny you services at a later date because your name,address, phone, email, etc was flagged as fraud. Or because they consider you a potential problem. Why because you cost google money with charge-back claims.

      Even though you have a very valid point google will probably not see it that way. Just make sure you are willing to risk any potential bridge burning with google.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8881119].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
        Originally Posted by solartime View Post

        If the charge was only for the cost of 1 blogger domain renewal then perhaps you can just write it off as a lesson learned for the future. It may end up being more costly for you in time, effort and stress over the situation than to just keep the domain for another year. And move your efforts on to bigger and better things.

        If you are determined to get a refund then giving google a charge-back from your bank may be the only way to secure it. However google might remember this and may deny you services at a later date because your name,address, phone, email, etc was flagged as fraud. Or because they consider you a potential problem. Why because you cost google money with charge-back claims.

        Even though you have a very valid point google will probably not see it that way. Just make sure you are willing to risk any potential bridge burning with google.
        You are right, not that I care about Google, but I would be going through way too many hassles to deal with this. Thank you. Regards.
        Signature

        Ricardo Furtado

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8881229].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

      Have you even verified that your card was charged?
      Not yet, I get that automatically on my cell. I only got an email from Google saying they had charged my card. Thank you. Regards.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8881208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author multimastery
    Try to keep contacting Google (in writing first so that you have record of everything they say), then if they don't respond from written contact, try contacting them by phone and keep accurate notes of whom you spoke with on what dates and what they said. Also, you should always be able to file a dispute with your credit card company for unauthorized charges.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8881707].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by multimastery View Post

      Try to keep contacting Google (in writing first so that you have record of everything they say), then if they don't respond from written contact, try contacting them by phone and keep accurate notes of whom you spoke with on what dates and what they said. Also, you should always be able to file a dispute with your credit card company for unauthorized charges.
      I have decided to take the advice of many of the veteran Warriors here and drop this as it is a waste of time. I need to spend that time on other better pursuits. Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    As tough as this sounds Ricardo even if it seems unfair you just have to let it go after a while. Explore all possible avenues, then release it.

    Me, and maybe 1 or 2 other people will offer this advice but it gives you peace of mind especially when your only power in a circumstance is the power to control your thoughts regarding the circumstance.

    This approach of letting go has helped me remain calm despite experiencing similar, seemingly TOTALLY UNFAIR circumstances in the past.

    Either I had to learn how to let go money easily or some similar lesson.

    All the best!
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8881755].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      As tough as this sounds Ricardo even if it seems unfair you just have to let it go after a while. Explore all possible avenues, then release it.

      Me, and maybe 1 or 2 other people will offer this advice but it gives you peace of mind especially when your only power in a circumstance is the power to control your thoughts regarding the circumstance.

      This approach of letting go has helped me remain calm despite experiencing similar, seemingly TOTALLY UNFAIR circumstances in the past.

      Either I had to learn how to let go money easily or some similar lesson.

      All the best!
      You and many other Warriors over here have given me similar advice and I have decided to take it and move on. This is the second time Google did this to me - last time they shut down a site of mine calling it a spam site. That time too I kept quiet.

      Now, I have to go to my bank and tell them about this issue, cancel my credit card - else Google will charge me again next year - and I now have to apply for a new credit card and wait for that one to come.

      QUESTION - I wonder if Google will have some way of using my new credit card too??? Who knows?? !!!
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882357].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JosephC
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882386].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by joecason View Post

      You do not need to cancel the card, just tell your bank. You will get the money back. Just delete your blogger account. It truely is a waste of time, I am glad you are dropping it. I hope your newer ventures do not get scroogled.
      How can I get my money back? I do not think it is possible. I also feel that I wil have to cancel the card as if I do not, Google will charge me again next year. Can you please guide me how to close down a blogger account...lolz..oh yes, I do not want to be "scroogled" anymore!!! Thanks for the help... Regards.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    Hi,
    Well So sorry to hear about your problem this is true that some times Google,Paypal and many other sites cheat you but there is only a one way to get your money back visit your credit card company and tell them about your problem and ask about to cancel your payment if they are are helpless to help you then try to contact google if not then forget about your money and MOVE ON....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882563].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by Moneymaker2012 View Post

      Hi,
      Well So sorry to hear about your problem this is true that some times Google,Paypal and many other sites cheat you but there is only a one way to get your money back visit your credit card company and tell them about your problem and ask about to cancel your payment if they are are helpless to help you then try to contact google if not then forget about your money and MOVE ON....
      Yes, it is one big pain, I am moving on. Thanks for your advice. Regards.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882914].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RyanGueterbock
    Blogger is in no way connected to your domain registration. But i'm sure if you take your issue to social media i.e. twitter you will have an eager rep ready to please you. I would start with your registrars @twitter account.
    Signature
    MY EXACT BLUE PRINT TO EARN $12,950 A MONTH SELLING DIGITAL PRODUCTS.
    http://eproductmarketer.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882643].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by RyanGueterbock View Post

      Blogger is in no way connected to your domain registration. But i'm sure if you take your issue to social media i.e. twitter you will have an eager rep ready to please you. I would start with your registrars @twitter account.
      I have decided that this is one big pain and I have no more time to lose on it. Am leaving the issue and moving on. Thanks for your help. Regards.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
    I would like to say a big thank you to the following Warriors whose advice helped me in taking a decision on this issue.
    Thank you JaxLen3, Alex Blades, RogueOne, malcsimm, Samuel Adams, BIG Mike, fred67, JohnMcCabe, vishwa, jbyte, solartime, multimastery, ryanbiddulph, joecason, DubDubDubDot, Moneymaker2012, RyanGueterbock, timpears.

    Thank you so much. I deeply appreciate all your help.

    BEST WISHES AND REGARDS.
    Signature

    Ricardo Furtado

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8882925].message }}

Trending Topics